[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only on /vp/, the most underaged board of 4chan, do you find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 16

>only on /vp/, the most underaged board of 4chan, do you find people literally defending shit like 240p screens
it's like you guys don't want pokemon to advance.
>>
>>32707883
>swichfaggot is STILL this asshurt
>>
>muh graphics
>>>/v/
>>
>>32707883
t. dumb frogposter
>>
Please tell me it's just one shitposter making these same muh 240p threads
>>
>>32707895
pokebarneyfag
>>
>>32707895
not OP but I also hate the shitty ass 3DS.
>>
>>32707883

Any screenshots? Has someone actually defended having Pokémon on this as opposed to a higher quality screen?
>>
Oh look, another self-tought internet pseudo-engineer who thinks he knows jack shit about technology.
>b-but 240<1080 so it's bad!
Christ. This board is the most normie board in 4chan.
>>
>>32707922
No, but go to any thread with people wishing for a Switch version and you get tons of underaged throwing a fit because they can't afford a good old switcharoo.
>>
> Wow game freak is retarted sprites in 2017

> wow I miss the aesthics with sprites. 3d has ruined pokemon

Same thing will happen. People just love bitching
>>
>>32707883
If you want a Pokemon game on a big screen, go play a spin-off. Pokemon is a handheld franchise.
>>
>>32707975
and the Switch is a handheld console so your argument doesn't make sense
>>
>>32707975
You're in for a shock when it does come to Switch
>>
>>32707916
>not OP
yes you are
>>
>>32707978
>>32707990
>le switch is a handheld maymay
KYS
>>
>>32707990
>IT WILL LAUNCH ON SWITCH
>It does not launch on switch

>IT WILL IN THE FUTURE
>...
>>
>>32707997
the distinction only exists in your head
>>
>>32707883
>if the switch actually had games on it, these assholes wouldn't be here wishing they could have ours
>>
>>32707883
>only on /v/, the worst board of 4chan, will you find people literally posting dead memes from 12 years ago

It's like you should have succeeded in killing yourself the last time you tried.
>>
They also defend 20fps double battles, and sub 20fps double battles+weather
>>
>>32707883
>wanting pokemon to take one step forward and two steps back
It's never been about the graphics. Would it be nice? Sure.
Don't assume for a second Gamefreak is going to make something magically looks better on the Switch when we're just gonna get re-used element's until the Switch is on the way out.

I'd rather have pokemon on a handheld and I can tell you, as a Switch owner, this shit fails as a handheld until they do a hardware revision.

It will come to the Switch, sadly, but let people enjoy pokemon as it was intended before they tie us to the house.
>>
Only poorfags are defending 240p.

>REEE I DUN WANAN BUY DUM TABLIT
Translation: I am too poor, please release this game on my $60 2DS so I can pirate it
>>
>>32708059
I don't want to buy the prototype tablit, tho.
>>
>>32708055
Graphics effect gameplay in many cases.

Such as character customization, with higher resolution you can use more detailed clothing options and make out characters faces outside of close ups.

Extra power also improves gameplay by imporiving frame rate, the 3DS is just underpowered junk and the Switch would finally usher Pokemon back into having decent frame rates.

there's 2 types of Pokemon players who hate Switch, poorfags and MUH POCKETABLE fags.

It's called a handheld, not a pocketable game system and we luckily live in an era where it's finally normal for men to have messenger bags so get one.
>>
>>32708055
the Switch is still a handheld console, of course the first release has problems
>>
>>32708059
I have a switch and live in a 800 000 house in canada

And I'm completely satisfied with a 3ds only version. It gets very cold here in winter. Hard to carry shit around without your freezing. Pocket 3ds is good
>>
File: IMG_1636.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>people who think the switch isn't a hand held
>>
>>32708070
If you're waiting on the hardware refresh, I won't blame you.

But internally, it's a great handheld.

But honestly, most people end up buying at least 2 versions of the same Nintendo hardware, it's dumb but it's either wait years for the good system or get the inferior launch model to play now.

Not much you can do.
>>
>>32708106
or just wait for the revised model of the Switch
>>
>>32708104
is not a handheld.
>>
>>32708122
Yes, it is.

How dumb can you be?
>>
>>32708093
You're saitified with AWFUL laggy double battles?

Get a bag.
>>
>>32708126
they are illiterate and don't know the definition of a handheld video game console or of a video game console in general
>>
File: game-boy-1024x768.jpg (53KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
game-boy-1024x768.jpg
53KB, 1024x768px
>>32708122
And here we have a "le epin pocketable" memer

Can you take it outside and play it on the go?

It's a handheld.

Launch Gameboy was a handheld and not pocketable.
>>
>>32708126
its a handheld for the price of a home console :)
>>
>>32708146
it's thick but it can definitely fit on a pocket though not a small and tight pussy-like one
>>
>>32708088
Character customization isn't really that big an issue for me and i've seen a reason to use it. You can grasp at straws all you want but customization has always been effort that could be used for actual gameplay(like a postgame, perhaps).

N3DS framerate is just fine, even in doubles, and if you are still trying to play on an O3DS that is your problem. I don't see how you can shit on the 3DS and praise the Switch when the Switch is...also underpowered junk in comparison to everything else on the market. You also seem to assume Pokemon would see a direct benefit from being on the Switch when the first gen there are going to be shitty, unfinished, messes like X/Y and we won't get anything really using the hardware until it's lifespawn is on the way out(just like the DS and 3DS, you see).

It's called a handheld, but it's certianly not a handheld. I see no limit to buy all these extra accessories when it can't even function for more than a few hours before either the battery dies or it gets damaged from shitty build quality. The joycons are loose on most, if not all, build and it just feels really shitty to play.

The 3DS is the far better handheld, at this time, because even with a pokemon game it would still have a better game library for *at least* the next 3 years at this rate combined with being far more portable AND easier to replace in the case of theft and or accidents.

I understand you have buyer's remorse over the Switch, I do too, but don't try and force Pokemon to be a home console bound game because you wasted money on a first release Nintendo product.
>>
>>32708152
Nintendo's portable consoles have always been expensive on launch
>>
>>32708146
>Can you take it outside and play it on the go?
>It's a handheld.

So the WiiU was a handheld? Playing on the shitter and out in my yard was nice but that doesn't make it a true handheld.
>>
>>32708180
>It's called a handheld, but it's certianly not a handheld.
TN: "I admit I was wrong but I'm still right."
>>
>>32708193
no, the Wii U is not a handheld just because its gamepad is as the gamepad is not the console
>>
>>32708183
Except this has been, repeatedly, stated to be a home console.
Nintendo is forcing the handheld fans into the homeconsole market by releasing zero alternatives but not making something you can actually use a handheld.

As a Switch owner this is kind of offensive, especially because the handheld gamers kept them alive in the WiiU dryspell just to be stabbed in the back.
>>
>>32708180
>It's called a handheld, but it's certianly not a handheld

I can give you that but Pokemon needs better graphics above all else.
>>
>>32707883
Stay mad Switch bitch.

3DS is where Pokemon belongs. It's /comfy/ af.

>inb4 MUH 240P!11!

Learn to have fun once in a while.
>>
>>32708208
>no, the Wii U is not a handheld just because its gamepad is as the gamepad is not the console
TN: "It's only a handheld when I say it is"
>>
>>32708213
>Except this has been, repeatedly, stated to be a home console.
you mean like when Nintendo stated that the DS was not a replacement for the GBA and that the GBA would continue alongside the DS and Wii

yeah, how did that turn out for you?
>>
>>32708180
>It's called a handheld, but it's certianly not a handheld.

Motherfucker you need to learn to read. The Switch isn't called a handheld even Nintendo calls it a home console.
Fuck off.
>>
>>32708093
Where you at Leaf-bro? Ottawa ova heya.

Mind if I crash at yours for a while? We can trade Pokeymans.
>>
>>32708238
the gamepad is not a console, you need the Wii U set up on a fixed location for it to work

the Switch is fully independent and portable
>>
File: pM75l65.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pM75l65.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
>Switchfags are STILL this fucking anal

Switch is a home console, you cucks actually thought you bought a handheld

Top kek
>>
>caring about resolution on portables
>>
>>32708132
>be a fag
>>
>>32708242
I don't see how that applies here.
I didn't say that the Switch wouldn't replace the 3DS.

I said that the Switch was not a handheld, confirmed internally to not be a handheld, and Nintendo is forcing handheld gamers to Switch to home consoles.

>>32708251
>the Switch is fully independent and portable
see: >>32708146
>>
>>32708291
>confirmed internally to not be a handheld
what is this even supposed to mean?

also, are you implying that the GB isn't portable (= a handheld)?
>>
>people want pokemon games for a console that cant commuicate with older handheld systems, so that they have to restart again like in gen3
>>
>>32708308
The DS replacing the GBA made sense because the DS was a portable.

The Switch replacing the 3DS is shitty because it's not a handheld, but is probably happening anyway.
It's even shittier for legacy owners because at least the DS let you play GBA games, while the Switch can't even handle 3DS.
>>
>>32708318
>so that they have to restart again like in gen3
Bank already solved that issue
>>
>>32708324
>The DS replacing the GBA made sense because the DS was a portable.
yes and Nintendo said that it wouldn't replace the GBA

so why do you take Nintendo for its word at face value and fail to look at the bigger picture?
>>
>>32708328
I can't wait for bank to remain 3DS exclusive until Switch gets a non port Pokemon game, forcing people to own both if they want true compatibility between handheld and console.

You know they'll do it to us.
>>
>>32708338
>handheld and console
A console is a device where you play video games. A handheld is a console.
>>
>>32708336
Because this time the tech backs up their claims.
The DS was always intended to replace the GBA and nobody thought otherwise. Yanno why?
The DS had a GBA slot. When you are the GBA+ you will surely replace the GBA.

The Switch, meanwhile, can't even function as a proper handheld(let alone on the same level as the 3DS).
Will it replace the 3DS? Probably, but this is just Nintendo moving away from handhelds and trying to force us to a home console.
>>
>>32708348
*between home console and handheld console.

Excuse me.
>>
>>32708353
>When you are the GBA+ you will surely replace the GBA
the DS doesn't let you play multiplayer GBA games so it's hardly a replacement
>>
The real issue isn't that we hate the Switch, it's just that we want pokemon on a handheld.
3DS is just the only game in town right now.

If Nintendo were to release a successor unit we'd probably all move to that with no trouble.
>>
>>32708353
>The Switch, meanwhile, can't even function as a proper handheld
because it's new, that doesn't change the fact that it is a handheld

that's why I haven't bought one yet because I'm sure the second and/or third revisions will be much more solid
>>
>>32708328
wait
pokemon bank exists for the switch?
>>
File: lewd hifumi.png (909KB, 649x767px) Image search: [Google]
lewd hifumi.png
909KB, 649x767px
>>32708254
It's a handheld, Nene
>>
>>32708380
The Switch doesn't let you play 3DS games at all so it's hardly a replacement.

I knew we could come to an agreement if we stayed rational.
>>
>>32708389
>If Nintendo were to release a successor unit
it's the Switch

>>32708394
the Bank is an app (application) on a server, it can be easily made available on the Switch
>>
>>32708403
>so it's hardly a replacement
that didn't stop Nintendo from replacing it anyway the last time though

why would it stop Nintendo now?
>>
>>32708391
The fact still remains that we are being sold a proof of concept instead of something that can function as an actual handheld.

Could a hardware revision fix this? Sure. Will it?
I doubt it.
The only real losers her are the Sinnohfags that are going to be trapped on a home console with a single screen. Their remakes are going to be amazingly shitty with the Switch's limitations, especially since the game that debut the double screen gimmick will now be forced to operate with em.
Subsequent Pokemon games could probably survive(Sun/Moon barely used any touch/second screen) but looking at this thing on my desk makes me very skeptical.
>>
>>32708410
so instead of buying the switch and a 60$ game you would have to buy the switch,a 60$ game AND pokemon bank
>>
>>32708420
I didn't say it wouldnt replace the 3DS.
I've said, repeatedly, that Nintendo seems to be dropping out of the handheld game and forcing us to "upgrade" to home consoles.

It's not a replacement but we're just going to have to deal with it. It's different when the DS had GBA functionality, but is more cold turkey and telling handheld enthusiasts they want their money but don't intend to give them anything in this deal.
>>
>>32707883
>it's like you guys don't want pokemon to advance.
They literally don't, though. 90% of this board is children who screech about gen 6 and 7 changing too much, instead of being copypaste jobs like gen 4 and 5, the ones they grew up with. Sinnohfoeti are terrified of change and would probably be happier if the games were still being released for the original DS.
>>
I honestly would be MORE than okay with GF forever releasing pokemon games on the 3DS

>B-but MUH GRAPHICS

Sorry, but I'm not exactly thrilled about paying sixty dollar for handheld games and paid online
>>
>>32708410
>>If Nintendo were to release a successor unit
>it's the Switch
A successor unit to the 3DS. The Switch is a successor unit to the WiiU.

From the looks of things they just want to drop the handheld line and focus on home consoles, and thats where the problem is. We just want a handheld.
>>
>>32708432
>sold a proof of concept
you could say the same thing about the original DS when it came out

heck, Nintendo even developed a simple Pokémon game to showcase a DS prototype back in 2003/2004 (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu:_DS_Tech_Demo) but Game Freak would go on making games on the GBA until they released DP on the DS in 2006 (and after delaying it by a year since DP were supposed to come out in 2005, thus only a few months after FRLG and Emerald)

it's a shift of paradigm again
>>
>>32708488
The difference is that the original DS functioned exactly as they intended: it had two screens and there were touch options.

The Switch, however, does not function as more than a glorified WiiU tablet.
This would be acceptable if I could take this thing farther than the local gas station.
>>
>>32708475
>We just want a handheld
which the Switch is, it just needs to be revised so that it's lighter and has better battery life
>>
>>32708488
>you could say the same thing about the original DS when it came out

The DSlite, nor the DSi, really fixed any of those problems. If the pattern continues the Switch probably won't fix it's problems either.

*That* is why this is worrying.
>>
>>32708509
mind sharing the problems of the DS?
>>
>>32708507
>which the Switch is
>>32708507
>it just needs to be revised so that it's lighter and has better battery life

So the Switch isn't a handheld at all but has the potential to be in a few years?
Instead of taking all that work to lipstick a pig why not make something that could be a good handheld rather than one that could, possibly, be...passable after revisions.

Forcing us to home consoles remains a dick move. I even like home consoles but stripping handheld options will never be a good idea and a giant detriment to the Switch as a system. The Switch seems ideal to take to a "party" or perhaps to a campus lounge, but it can't function on par with the GBA/DS/3DS and probably never will if the pattern of GBA/DS revisions holds.
>>
File: Pikachu_DS_Tech_Demo_DS.png (55KB, 183x188px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_DS_Tech_Demo_DS.png
55KB, 183x188px
>>32708488
Pokémon-Amie: The Game on the DS, heh
>>
>>32708045
>sub 20fps
It regularly goes below 10fps, actually. 20fps is a single-player, single battle with no field effects.
>>
>>32708537
>So the Switch isn't a handheld at all
it is, which other so-called "home console" can you take outside and play at anytime? there is none
>>
>>32708525
This anon,>>32708488, was trying to argue that the DS was a proof of concept demo like the Switch.
However, none of the "problems" that they listed were fixed by any successive unit.

Seems to be arguing that if the pattern holds we'll get a Switch revision that fixes these problems, but the actual pattern is that nothing of value will be fixed in said revisions.
>>
>>32708126
Nintendo/ Nintendo reps (Reggie etc.) have repeatedly said in interviews that they see it as primarily a home console that can turn portable, rather than a handheld that can work on the TV

Practically speaking it's the same thing, but that's the official line.
>>
>>32708561
>was trying to argue that the DS was a proof of concept demo like the Switch
and wasn't it? the idea of two screens raised many doubts but it proved successful later on

the DS Lite got better battery life (since you can set the level of brightness too) and they made it prettier to fit in with the Wii's design and style
>>
>>32708558
>which other so-called "home console" can you take outside and play at anytime?
>there is none

None on the market currently, not even the Switch, you are correct.
I expected a handheld function and instead got tablet so limited in function that it may as well be a WiiU pad with slighter longer range. Your sales pitch wont fool me, I already fell for the handheld meme.

The most use anybody will get out a Switch is in the range of their own house. I'm talking about people that actually don't shun the sunlight and want to go places.
>>
>>32707883
this board is pathetic, they will defend their precious babyshit series to the death
i feel like most of the people here have never played a video game besides pokemon in their lives, that's the only explanation for the thought process that goes on around here
>>
>>32708582
But the difference here is the initial system worked as promised: you got two screens and touch functionality.
The Switch is hyped as a console you can take anywhere but is, blatantly, false.
Making something "prettier" doesn't really fix it's problems, now does it?

>>32708566
>primarily a home console that can turn portable

Precisely. They're leaving the handheld market out in the cold with the WiiU+ and we just have to accept Nintendo is pulling out of the handheld game.
This is why Switch revisions won't make it a better handheld: that isn't Nintendo's game anymore and they're trying to shoehorn us into home consoles.
>>
>>32708604
No because people realise. Pokemon is game targeted at kids. Most kids don't switch but they 3ds. It's smart business.

I have a ps4 with 30 games and Pokemon is fine the way it right now.

A RPG collecting creatures games with good designs nothing like that on the market
>>
>>32708604
I dunno, I find this to be the opposite problem.
When I'm at home I'm usually playing games on steam/my PC.
I want something I can take out with me so my Switch tends to collect dust. I can at least shove my DS/3DS into my pocket and play when I'm not playing games on the PC.
>>32708558
A good handheld console is cheaper, at the expensive of graphics, convenient, and usually has good battery life.
Switch is none of these. A mobile gamer has to pay $100 extra dollars for a home feature they'll probably never use, or want, has to remove the joycons to fit it in a pocket(thus taking up two pockets/more room in a bag), and all they really gain from this is better graphics at the cost of being able to take it anywhere.
Console gamers? Shits awesome a real steal. Handheld gamers got fucked sideways with no remorse from the Big N and have to live with it.
The Switch is also notoriously unfriendly to children, since controller replacements are almost a third of the console, so lets hope Nintendo at least releases a handheld line for younger gamers.
>>
>>32708637
>Making something "prettier" doesn't really fix it's problems
if the problem is that people want to buy it but aren't because it's "ugly", then well, yes, it does

in the Switch's case, isn't the "problem" fixed by better battery life, too?
>>
>>32708604
And so you've come here to complain that this 'babyshit series' didn't come to your precious one-game system?
>>
>>32708691
Battery life is a big problem, yes, but only one of the many.
>>
>>32707883
Am Inthe only one who thought they are always getting the best looking game for the console? 3DS is literally just a mess because of the hd models
>>
>>32708761
>but only one of the many
what exactly are the others? from what I gather, it's small enough to carry it around
>>
>>32708247
Nintendo sees it as both.

>Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap.
>>
>>32708786
>transforming from home console to portable system in a snap.
So when do they add this function?

But seriously, they wouldn't have said "home console first" if they truly meant this. This is just PR to test the waters and see if people actually bite and you never show your hand until you have enough info.
>>
>>32708604
Honestly that's not far from the truth. Most Pokemon fans don't seem to want to play anything else from my experience. That's why only faggots that only own 3DS would ever defend staring at 15fps @ 240p. Like I'm fine, at 720p. Okay, yeah my phone is 1080p and that's really not even that great, but fucking 240p. Ridiculous.

Also their knowledge of anything video game related is usual limited to pretty much the 3DS. This board is usually the single dumbest place to discuss to discuss such topics. You'll have like a hundred babbys come out telling you the 3DS is the best selling Nintendo handheld ever despite it being one of the worst. Even now, look at this retarded discussion. They're trying to sell people that Switch isn't portable enough when Japan, who pretty much refuses to buy non-portable devices is lining up to buy it months later.
>>
>>32708830
It actually sold better in the States than in Japan if you check the numbers.
It's standard Nintendo numbers at this time in Japan.

I can agree with this discussion being retarded. Is the Switch a good handheld? No not people would argue that. People arguing that the 3DS should survive forever are even worse than the people demanding "graphics" from a Nintendo console when that has never been their game.

Both parties have probably never even looked at the tech specs.
>>
File: stop.png (85KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
85KB, 400x240px
>>32708183
>gameboy $89.99
>gameboy color $69.99
>gameboy advance $99.99
>nintendo ds $149.99
>nintendo 3ds $249.99
>nintendo switch $299.99
and 3ds needed a huge price drop before it was even profitable. Adding inflation still makes the gameboy lines and DS under $200. Face it, you're paying console price for a "portable" system
>>
>>32708850
that's why I've been saying the whole time on the thread

the Switch is a handheld by any standard definition of the word but it needs improvements
>>
>>32708868
and a reasonable price to be considered for casual pokemon players (which play a HUGE role in the sales for the pokemon games, but people tend to forget that not everyone is a hardcore gamer)
>>
>>32707883
>The most underaged board

>>>/b/ exist
>>
>>32708868
>the Switch is a handheld by any standard definition of the word

Look I can give you this discussion is retarded and the 3DS is shit, but I'm going to have to disagree there.
Historically speaking none of the improvements Nintendo makes to their systems could make the Switch a good handheld.

Hopefully they release a handheld for the kids, because the Switch strikes me more as an older user system, and we can settle this entire silly shit debate. Older gamers get a home console they can take places while parrents wouldn't have to trust their little spuds with a 300 dollar system in the park.
>>
>>32708353
The ds replaced the gba because their systems were competing, and the gba was old and dying.

Consoles do die eventually, and Nintendo will do exactly the same thing as before.. Claim to support it until all their plans are through then drop it without warning for newer software.

Considering the Switch can function as both a handheld and home console, there's no reason for Nintendo to make a different portable console and split their market in the future.

Handhelds are also in hot competition with phones, a battle Nintendo doesn't seem willing to fight and instead embrace. The Switch sets itself apart by being able to function as a home console, which they can use as a selling point.

The Switch needs improvement, but it also released a few months ago. Considering its huge success, it's a matter of time before the 3ds is put to rest.
>>
>>32708904
This.
I liked Nintendo because they always gave me options, but now they wanna force me to purchase home console games that could very easily work on a handheld.

Breath of Wild is cool and all but we're probably gonna be stuck with games like that from now on, while we lose out on the older style Zeldas.
>>
>>32708864
I don't know anon, my 3ds can't run breath of the wild
>>
>>32707990
Why would they keep that a secret? If I knew it was coming to the Switch I would go buy one right now.
>>
>>32708913
THIS

thank you
>>
>>32708904
the 3DS was also expensive when it came out, the Switch's price will drop eventually
>>
>>32708918
>implying the casual gamers that play a huge part in pokemon sales care about those games
>>
>>32708913
The key difference here is that the GBA and DS more or less had the same functions and were competing. It was especially obvious the DS would replace it, and was designed to, because it had a GBA slot to not make all your GBA purcahses moot.

The Switch, meanwhile, doesn't fill the same role as any of the previous handheld devices and is more of a home console. If it had the price this *could* have been a selling point, but at this point anybody who just wants a handheld is getting a subpar one for the price of a home console.

It's not a matter of the 3DS living forever, it's a matter of Nintendo probably abandoning the handheld market to sell this home console in it's place. The 3DS proved that a large group of people want more to their handheld games than mobileshit, and Nintendo is losing a sizable market here.
This isn't a graphics problem, or even a current problem, most people that handheld game do so because its convenient and they're on a budget.
The Switch removes the convenience of handheld gaming and it's easy to approach nature with all the bloat and stigma of a home console, something most consumers, especially parrents, are more wary to approach.

Nintendo needs a strong portable system more than ever right now, and sadly they seem to be turning their backs on the 3DS fans and telling them to move to the WiiU+ if they want to continue supporting the company.
>>
>>32708918
Shame it's all you've got for now.
>>
>>32708918
But my 3DS *can* run a Zelda game on my morning commute.
Something my Switch can't do.
>>
>>32708917
>probably gonna be stuck with games like that
you aren't making any sense at all. BoTW has literally set the standard for the next generation of gaming, nothing really comes close at the moment.
>>
>>32708958
>a handheld console has poor battery life on launch
it's fucking nothing

buy it later when they fix that
>>
>>32708958
what dude? if you didn't know, the switch is pretty damn capable of playing a zelda game will you sit on the bus.
>>
File: COZ9XAvUsAIUEQr.jpg (55KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
COZ9XAvUsAIUEQr.jpg
55KB, 500x400px
>>32708918
>"it's too expensive"
>"they've always been expensive"
>"no they weren't and here's proof"
>"muh breath of the wild"
>>
>>32708970
when hey fix it and have the switch for a reasonable price (and 3ds connectivity to not lose all pokemon...AGAIN) they can start releasing pokemon games for the switch
>>
>>32708985
>and 3ds connectivity to not lose all pokemon...AGAIN
they'll release Bank on the Switch, problem solved
>>
>>32708996
well, if its for a new gen then its ok (unless you would have to pay on your 3ds AND your switch)
>>
>>32708947
>This isn't a graphics problem, or even a current problem, most people that handheld game do so because its convenient and they're on a budget.
The Switch removes the convenience of handheld gaming and it's easy to approach nature with all the bloat and stigma of a home console, something most consumers, especially parrents, are more wary to approach.

Probably the smartest thing anybody has said all thread.
THANK YOU.
>>
>>32709014
it's barely smart when it comes off as early buyer remorse
>>
>>32708964
Thats nice and all, but what if I like Zelda closer to Link Between Worlds or the old Time/Seasons games?

OoT styles games are apparently what we're stuck with now, even if theyre nice, it's still the death of a gametype that was pretty fun. Also you mean Next gen Nintendo gaming. Just because it's the best thing on a Nintendo console, currently, doesnt mean gaming in general. Especially when the game punishes you for 100% by turning the boss into a glorified quicktime event.
>>
>>32708850
I don't know what you're referring to. That the 3DS wasn't one of their worst selling handhelds? Or that the Switch, despite supply constraint has more demand than the 3DS did, despite it being such a better portable according to 3DS owners?

>>32708904
3DS was expensive as shit for what it offered at launch. People like to point to that as the big reason why no one wanted the damn thing at the time, but the biggest reason was there was fucking nothing to play on it. Like, people say the Switch has nothing, but the 3DS literally gave you shovelware to poke around at for quite some time. Like if you had Pokken, 3DSfags would've been salivating at the time, but since there's better games announced for Switches first year, people can shit on it freely shit on it right now.
>>
>>32708970
it's less about battery life and more than that the Switch is really cumbersome to take with me.
You can really tell this was designed as a take to a party kind of deal rather than carry with you on a bus/plane.
>>
>>32708979
I'm not that anon you idiot
>>
File: 1455150496709.jpg (105KB, 859x755px) Image search: [Google]
1455150496709.jpg
105KB, 859x755px
>>32709033
>the switch has nothing
that's not true at all
it has ports of games from the Wii U that nobody bought
>>
>>32709049
because no one was actually buying the Wii U anyway

the Switch solves the biggest problem of the Wii U while taking baby steps to solve the problem of the 3DS
>>
>>32709033
>I don't know what you're referring to. That the 3DS wasn't one of their worst selling handhelds? Or that the Switch, despite supply constraint has more demand than the 3DS did, despite it being such a better portable according to 3DS owners?

I don't know what you are referring to? That the 3DS carried NIntendo through their massive WiiU blunder?

It's in demand because it's the newest Nintendo home console. People are dropping their aborted WiiUs and moving to it.
This is the same as you comparing GBA sales to Wii sales.
>>
>>32709014
who the fuck cares though, The profits of a multibillion dollar gaming corporation means absolutely nothing to me, and it shouldn't for you. Nintendo isn't going anywhere, ever. They probably released the Wii U as a test model for the switch knowing very well it would flop. The switch is extremely nice. More pokemon will come to it, other games will come, maybe even skyrim and other memes. The price WILL lower, You, me, and just about every other faggot on this board will eventually chalk up the money to buy a switch. I'm having a hard time understanding why the fuck everyone has such a stick up their ass. God damn faggots, grow some tits.
>>
>>32708947
>The 3DS proved that a large group of people want more to their handheld games than mobileshit, and Nintendo is losing a sizable market here.

Well I am convinced you are the only one in this thread not a shitposter. Congratulations!
>>
>>32709069
>Nintendo isn't going anywhere, ever.
this, if Nintendo sees video games as unprofitable anymore, they'll move to something else

they're over 100 years old and have done various kinds of things (heck, in the 1960s, you could go to a Nintendo love hotel to privately bang some sluts since that's what the big N--partnered with the Yakuza--were doing for profit at the time)
>>
>>32709031
no i meant gaming, in general. It's the best thing in gaming at the moment. Thats objective fact.
>>
>>32709069
>Nintendo isn't going anywhere, ever. They probably released the Wii U as a test model for the switch knowing very well it would flop
>They probably released the Wii U as a test model for the switch knowing very well it would flop
>knowing very well it would flop
AHAHAHAHAHAH

Also I already own a Switch. It's a shit handheld and not at all suited for Pokemon. That's why people have sticks up their asses.
Excuse me for not wanting a subpar experience just to have a game on a console I bought early.
>>
>>32709091
>It's the best thing in gaming at the moment. Thats objective fact.
>objective

That isn't how you say opinion.
>>
File: 1494520948940.png (125KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1494520948940.png
125KB, 574x516px
>>32708947
>The 3DS proved that a large group of people want more to their handheld games than mobileshit
Pokemon is the worst series to be saying this considering ORAS doesn't have the Battle Frontier BECAUSE of the mobile generation and how much the series is pushing the mobile market now
>>
>>32709105
ORAS didn't have the battle frontier because Ruby/Sapphire didn't have the battle frontier.

We still got a BP grind facility so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>32707883
Dumb frogfag
>>
>>32709091
>dodge question
>claim opinion as objective

found the shitposter
>>
who cares, it's gonna be shit no matter the resolution
>>
>>32709123
much like your life, every resolution to something is shit
>>
>>32709068
I don't even what your point is anymore. Who gives a shit if the 3DS sold more than the Wii U? Both had horrible demand compared to the Switch and yet people still like to play this revisionist history with the 3DS.

We're already past the point of you using the "it's just new" excuse. That didn't explain why the Wii U dropped off hard after just a few weeks despite the holiday. That didn't explain why the 3DS dropped off quickly and didn't have anywhere near the same demand. There's charts that compared them week to week on other sites. Like I said in my original post. This board is fucking retarded when it comes to discussing these things. They just make shit up and pretend the 3DS is the best platform ever, whenever you bring up other platforms besides the 3DS, when it was really just yet another wake up call for Nintendo as a company.
>>
>>32707929
Tell us then, HOW is the 3DS better than the Switch in literally ANY way?

M-muh "it's not a handheld" doesn't count, because it is.
>>
>>32709092
(see here)
>>32709089

Nintendo is worth (publicly) somewhere around 50 billion USD

The wii U had a very lack luster advertising campaign. They just wanted the nintendo fanboys to test it out, and then improve on those ideas, which later turned into what is now the switch.

they don't give a shit. At all. They've had entire business endeavors flop and didn't give a fuck. A single console means very little to them.

good job for being a retard and buying a console at release.
>>
File: kek.png (71KB, 207x195px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
71KB, 207x195px
>>32709115
>believing their lies
it was sheer laziness. Only reason HGSS had a BF is because Platinum had one. Same with RS and the Battle Tower and ORAS with the Battle Maison. Game Freak is incredibly lazy, why do you think they haven't moved to the Switch yet? just reuse the SM engine again
>>
>>32709121
its not like your precious handhold link between worlds is going anywhere bud.

and its not outside the realm of possibilities for them to release a game similar to that in the future.
>>
>>32709140
>They just wanted the nintendo fanboys to test it out, and then improve on those ideas, which later turned into what is now the switch.

First off, they don't ever want anything to fail. If they could have at all helped it the WiiU wouldn't have flopped as hard as it did. They, vastly, overestimated their own name as well as the name of the Wii.

As least you can admit the Switch is a WiiU replacement rather than a 3DS replacement, but sadly it seems Nintendo doesn't have enough staying power to remain in the handheld market at all.
They're hurting, not fatally, but bad enough to cut off an entire branch of development to force people to buy home consoles with paid online.
>>
>>32709160
>its not like your precious handhold link between worlds is going anywhere bud.
I've yet to see a modern Zelda that doesn't hold your hand.
Like how actually bothering to 100% breath of the wild results in Ganon being AFK.
>>
>>32707883
Blame the retards who only ever play Pokemon and nothing else.
>>
>>32709151
and because Crystal had the Battle Tower, which in Japanese Crystal, was used for you to compete against real players over the mobile network, so GF didn't want to just toss that relic away

since Johto and Sinnoh are related (Sinjoh Ruins, also unused stuff in GSC that was implemented in DPPt like the haunted house and honey), it was even easier for GF to just copy-paste the Sinnoh BF onto Johto
>>
>>32709151
Precisely. Was it lazy? Yes.
Did it make sense? Absolutely.
Why would Ruby/Sapphire remakes have a battle frontier, made from scratch, when the original Ruby/Sapphire didn't have one? Nothing of value was really lose, except maybe the factory, because it was all the same flavor of endless battle anyway. Anybody who thought it was difficult to get all the gold symbols probably had brain damage.
>>
>>32709169

Nintendo is in a position where nearly everything they produce will turn a profit. So im saying "fail" in the lightest sense. The Wii U still made a profit, however it "failed". This is the kind of luxury Nintendo has built for themselves.

besides mobile games Nintendo is the figurehead of mobile gaming. Who knows, they might even release a Switch lite (more like a handheld) and a Switch pro (full fledged console)

they aren't out of the mobile market. They already said they'd continue 3DS line for a while didn't they?
>>
>>32709203
>They already said they'd continue 3DS line for a while didn't they?
yes but they did the same with the GBA; the freaking GB micro (which was pretty cool imo) came out almost a year after the original DS

so it's hardly surprising to see a new 2DS after the Switch
>>
>>32709139
>M-muh "it's not a handheld" doesn't count, because it is.
>I cant disprove this fact so it doesnt count

Portability
Battery Life
Game Library
Comfort of use(seriously those waggly joycons make the whole thing feel cheap and unstable).
Incredibly fragile(coupled with Nintendo's refusal to repair the console of things as minor as "dead pixels" or the dock itself scratching the screen).

Now I wait for you to shit on the early 3DS while saying the Switch will have a revision that will magically fix everything later when this didnt happen for the GBA, the DS, or the 3DS.
>>
>>32709092
>It's a shit handheld and not at all suited for Pokemon

What makes something suited for Pokemon?
>>
>>32709210
The DS being able to play GBA games played a part in the DS replacing the GBA. The Switch can't play 3DS games. If the 3DS is going to be entirely replaced by the Switch, it's going to take longer than it did for the GBA to fade away.
>>
>>32709203
The problem isn't continuing the 3DS line, the 3DS needs to the die.
The problem is that the Switch isn't a replacement for the 3DS, let alone their entire handheld line.
The Switch serves its own, unique, purpose. I can give people that. However, it's not kid friendly and doesn't appeal to the handheld market because this is, primarily, intended as a console with slight portability options.
The issue is that the Switch is killing the handheld lines and the handheld gamers have nothing to show for it.

Even just turning isn't a luxury, that was a very bad thing for them. A business is about making money, more money if possible, and the WiiU proved they are not as invulnerable as they thought they were.
>>
>>32709219
Interaction with players and portability.

With that said? It'd be great for an XD/Collo spinoff. I don't see why we need to force main series games that wont fit there when we can have kinda edgy spinoff games there.
>>
>>32709211
>Portability
check
>Battery Life
needs to improve but will happen like it always does so check
>Game Library
the DS couldn't play GB and GBC games, does that make it bad? no
>Comfort of use
this is subjective, are your hands small or big?
>Incredibly fragile
can also be improved later so checked

>when this didnt happen for the GBA, the DS, or the 3DS
they all improved battery life
>>
>>32709219
yea really. pokemon requires a d-pad and two buttons lmao. fucking retards.

>>32709185
how is that handholding? Handholding would be someone in the game letting you know that would happen if you 100%
>>
>>32709160
The thought process behind that is that you cannot make those games except on the 3DS.

This is how retarded this fanbase is.

Like I saw so many faggots saying, it's impossible to release such and such 3DS game on PS4/Vita because it's too expensive, and yet, you see niche games releasing left and right on those platforms.
>>
>>32709178
>>
>>32709237
they did make money though. It's not "very bad" if they actually did consider it a test model like I assume.

I also mentioned earlier somewhere that i believe the switch will have a Lite version and a Pro version. lite version will be cheaper and only handheld, while the pro version will be a non portable fully fledged console.

If that actually happened, I would still rather have the switch we have now. And i've never owned a home console in my life.
>>
>>32709250
>check
I'm talking objectively. Just because you can use it as a glorified WiiU pad doesn't mean it's portable.
>needs to improve
So thats two points valid
>Game Library
You are dodging the point: the 3DS has more games worth playing than the Switch at this time. This is only place where "later" could be a valid point. Also the DS could play GBA games, the 3DS could play DS games, but the Switch cant play 3DS games. This is already a raw deal.
>>32709250
>this is subjective
I guess, but you like shaky/floppy controls that don't handle well?
Large hands, but get complaints from small handed owners as well.
>can also be improved
another point for me then.

So the only part you managed to "dispel" was comfort of use being subjective, while resorting to >>32709211
>Now I wait for you to shit on the early 3DS while saying the Switch will have a revision that will magically fix everything later when this didnt happen for the GBA, the DS, or the 3DS.
(checked).

So most of your points amount to a future revision that, outside of battery life, probably won't amount to anything?
>>
>>32709211
You know the Joycons aren't attached to the screen by a rope, right? That they're firmly attached unless you disconnect them yourself? They don't shift or wiggle from position at all. The 3DS also scratched its own screen when closed, and not just the original model. It also had a shortage of games at launch.

The only thing the 3DS has over the Switch in terms of being a handheld is battery life and how easily it fits in your pocket. Switch battery life is 2.5-5 hours, depending on the game, which is almost the same as launch 3DS and only a little worse than the newer models, which last 3.5-7. So it fits in you pocket better, I guess? I always keep my 3DS in a bag if I bring it out of the house, though.
>>
>>32709276
>The thought process behind that is that you cannot make those games except on the 3DS.

Incorrect. If you paid attention the thought process is that these games will be left to rot because they can now make OoT style games, and I can actually see that as a valid fear.
We'll never a simple Zelda ever again and that is a real shame.
>>
>>32709305
>the 3DS has more games worth playing than the Switch at this time
this is literally every console ever, regardless of backwards compatibility
>>
>>32709315
>You know the Joycons aren't attached to the screen by a rope, right? That they're firmly attached unless you disconnect them yourself? They don't shift or wiggle from position at all.
You dont own a Switch, do you?
>>32709315
>The 3DS also scratched its own screen when closed, and not just the original model. It also had a shortage of games at launch.
>>32709211
>Now I wait for you to shit on the early 3DS while saying the Switch will have a revision that will magically fix everything later when this didnt happen for the GBA, the DS, or the 3DS.

So once again the console itself has no perks except when compared to something from last gen that still does the handheld job better?
>>
>>32709293
>I also mentioned earlier somewhere that i believe the switch will have a Lite version and a Pro version. lite version will be cheaper and only handheld, while the pro version will be a non portable fully fledged console.

Why would you make a Switch that doesn't Switch when you just make a kid friendly handheld?
Even if this did happen we would still be using a subpar handheld, just a price that would match.
>>
>>32709328
What does this even mean? They could already do that on the 3DS and they didn't. There's literally OoT on 3DS. They could've easily done it if they wanted. Your argument is based on nothing.
>>
>>32709328
>wanting more simple in 2017 because his 3ds will crumble away to dust and will never play a link between worlds again.
>>
>>32709360
You not being able to see the broad picture doesn't mean it's based on nothing.
A remake is not the same as pitching, new, games with shiny graphics to keep people like OP entertained.
They have literally no reason to make a classic Zelda now because they can make an OoT style that fanboys will suck off.
>>32709360
>They could've easily done it if they wanted.
Ya said it yourself, ace.
>>
>>32709366
>not wanting a classic Zelda because you would would rather defeat Ganon via quicktime events rather than playing an actual boss fight.
>>
>>32709373
Well whatever man. Your post didn't convince me at all but I don't care about those games, so if it pisses you off and makes others happy, then more power to them.
>>
>>32709395
At least you can admit it's more about pissing an anonymous poster off than you wanting yourself, or others, to enjoy quality games.

I can respect that, even if it does prove the point that this board only cares about Pokemon.
>>
>>32709357

I'm implying that several years from now the word "switch" develops into something of a franchise for itself in where the name "switch" is just a homage to its original design and nintendo uses the whole concept as a springboard to release handhelds and consoles that can easily link between each other.

So for example, Someones "switch lite" could become another controller if someone happens to have the console at home.

you keep saying the switch is a subpar handheld. I'm pretty sure its the most advanced handheld gaming device ever made. I'm sorry if you don't like the way the....buttons feel....or some shit like that. Its not subpar by any means.

idk what kids you need to be friendly with these days, but you should stop.
>>
>>32709305
You can take it out of the house and bring it literally anywhere you want and play it. The games are run on the system, in your hands. It is not heavy. The Wii U Gamepad is a wireless controller with a screen that streams the games from the console, which is required to be plugged into an outlet. The Wii U console cannot be brought with you anywhere, the Gamepad has a portable range of a couple of feet, and walls can obstruct the signal. The Switch is objectively a portable system. It was months after I bought my Switch that I even plugged the dock in or put the system in it, I exclusively played it as a handheld in my bed or on my lunch breaks at work.
>>
>>32709420
>you keep saying the switch is a subpar handheld. I'm pretty sure its the most advanced handheld gaming device ever made. I'm sorry if you don't like the way the....buttons feel....or some shit like that. Its not subpar by any means.

If you like the Switch thats fine. After the WiiU its an amazing step up as a home console.
Trying to, objectively, say the Switch is the most advanced handheld gaming device ever made is just wrong. It's not about the buttons, I've never had a problem with that unlike some other a nons, but it's about being able to take it more places than I could a WiiU pad.

It's a home console. It's meant to be a home console. Nintendo admits it's a home console.
Handheld gaming is dead and no matter how much you convinced yourself the Switch is a handheld the evidence says otherwise.
>>
>>32708088
Lol carrying a messenger bag looks tacky and faggoty.
>>
What's wrong with 240p? Works on my vlc.
>>
File: 360Wynaut_AG_anime_3.png (88KB, 1026x1231px) Image search: [Google]
360Wynaut_AG_anime_3.png
88KB, 1026x1231px
>tfw the Switch costs $500 USD in my country

I know that someday I'll buy a new console to play the newest Pokémon game, even if it's not a direct succesor of the 3DS like the Switch, but now it's not the time. I don't have the necessary money yet.
>>
>>32709422
>I exclusively played it as a handheld in my bed
See. You can only play it in the same places you would play a home console, and the handheld mode is little more than an extension than the WiiU tablet.

You can't take it on long commutes, you can't take it on roadtrips/vacation, and you sure as hell can't shove it in your pocket to go anywhere on the fly. Trust me, i've tried.
>>
>>32709420
The Switch is your first Nintendo console, isn't it?
>>
>>32709455
>even if it's not a direct succesor of the 3DS like the Switch,
The Switch is a direct successor to the WiiU, which will probably be a problem for you down the line when they do away with handhelds and you have to pay fullprice+import fees/scalping. I feel your pain, have a friend in a similar situation.
>>
>>32707883
Come on hang in there, this game will be the last one for 3DS just like Black 2 and White 2 were for the DS
>>
File: 1496329378657.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1496329378657.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>32708059
>Switchfag still mad over his 300$ paperweight
>>
>>32709379
the older games were always pretty boring to me. BoTW was amazing, the ganon fight felt pretty similar to any other zelda boss ive fought, i honestly have no idea what you're on about

literally just dodge boss attack patterns until you figure out which phases present openings for you to attack and repeat.... If you think about it, almost every single zelda boss ever can be watered down to a "quicktime event"
>>
>>32709442
>carrying a messenger bag looks tacky and faggoty.

With an opinion like this, you probably don't need to worry about your messenger making you look tacky or like a faggot.
>>
anti-Switch fags itt need to fuck off back to >>>/v/
>>
>>32709481
The difference is other Zelda bossfights have a pattern to learn at least. This actively punishes you for going 100% with more handholding, which since we're on a Pokemon is something we can all bitch about.

I finished it, I liked it, but holy shit they were unable to make a fight feel both cinematic and fun, so they settled for the former. Other than bland characters it was a nice addition to the 3Dstyled Zelda family.
>>
>>32709442
>>32709442
t. 17 year old

men need to carry things too without going full briefcase or camper backpack mode
who gives a fuck what you think
>>
Expecting a main series game on the Switch this soon is dumb, but it's equally as dumb to think a main series game ISN'T going to be on the Switch.
>>
>>32709494
Sending a majority of the board to >>>/v/ defeats the point of creating a pokemon contained board.
>>
>>32709442
As opposed to playing your 3DS in public?

>>32709459
I also said, on my lunch breaks at work, which is miles from my home. You cannot bring your Wii U gamepad out of your house because it stops receiving a signal and immediately stops functioning once you leave your home. You can bring your Switch on commutes, vacation, and planes, and it will last between 2.5 and 5 hours before running out of battery, at which point you plug it into an available outlet, if there is one, and charge it, or keep it plugged in while playing, just like you can take your 3DS on commutes, vacation, and planes, and it will last between 3 and 7 hours before running out of battery, at which point you plug it into an available outlet.
>>
>>32709517
but it solves the problem of having /vp/ in the first place
>>
>>32709512
>t. 17 year old
17 year olds can get away with thing grown ass men like me can't. I have other things to carry and would rather shove a 3DS in my pocket than get another bag just for a Switch.
>>
>>32709442
Let me guess, you still using your grade school baggy?
>>
>>32709520
>. You can bring your Switch on commutes, vacation, and planes, and it will last between 2.5 and 5 hours before running out of battery.
It's more than battery life, and it seems less and less likely you own a Switch at this point. I could, maybe, buy getting to to work but it doesnt have the portability to go any of those places.
Especially because you'd need to invest in Nintendo money grabbing cases, screen protectors, and accessories to even get it that far. As opposed to a single system and a charger.
>>
>on /vp/, the most underaged board of 4chan
>it's like you don't want to advance
maybe you should move on op. do you really want to stay here and listen to underage arguments and opinions?

we're all waiting for you
>>
>>32709468
i only own handhelds at the moment. sometime around summer 2018 ill see how things have gone and consider buying a switch.

>>32709440
idk, this portability issue you seem to have isn't an issue for me personally, as i almost always have a backpack, which is how i've carried my handhelds for the majority of my life because i don't want my leg knocking into stuff and fucking my shit up.
>>
>>32709520
I can shove my WiiU in my bag and take it to work with me and play it there. Just like the Switch.

Does this make the WiiU a handheld system I can take anywhere?
>>
>>32709562
>I can shove my WiiU in my bag and take it to work with me and play it there.
but you can't
>>
>>32709560
I usually carry a bag as well, but I'm usually so busy/have so many other things to carry that this isn't even feasible for my Switch(which also has an exposed screen and shoddy build quality, so it needed a case on top of that).

Realize that people like us aren't the only ones who enjoy handhelds, and that this is also a kid thing. Being able to fit it on your pocket, even if you dont want to personally, is a big deal.

I take it you picked up Nintendo handhelds with the 3DS from the sound of it?
>>
>>32709550
I have a Switch and played Zelda for around 50 hours and have Arms preordered after enjoying the demo. I do have a case, however. Just like I have a case for my 3DS.

>>32709562
No, because your Wii U needs to be plugged into a power outlet to receive power and function. You can't play your Wii U without a power outlet available at all times, unlike the Switch, which only requires a power outlet to charge it, like the 3DS.
>>
>>32709562
the wii U consists of at least one huge as fuck gamepad as well as a sizeable console and a few huge wires which need to be plugged in.

the switch is a thin tablet with small controllers attached that does not need to be constantly plugged in to work. its a portable handheld and a console all the same. I know its a revolutionary concept, give it some time.
>>
>>32709572
...but I can? What kind of little sissy bag do you carry? I mean it fits inside my bag, just like my Switch does, and I can then hook it up and play at work.

Just like the Switch. So let me ask: does this make the Switch a handheld console?
>>
>>32709584
>You can't play your Wii U without a power outlet available at all times, unlike the Switch, which only requires a power outlet to charge it, like the 3DS.
this, people are trying to modify the meaning of a handheld because it doesn't suit their narrative
>>
>playing angry birds: bejewelled freemium edition in public is acceptable but a switch isn't
>>
>>32709591
>the switch is a thin tablet with small controllers attached that does not need to be constantly plugged in to work. its a portable handheld and a console all the same. I know its a revolutionary concept, give it some time.

I don't know what you own, but the Switch most certianly isn't "thing."
While I can give you that it's a revolutionary concept, I can't give something time when it hasn't happened yet.

I just don't understand the double standard here. Portability isnt an issue when you have a bag, apparently, but things you can fit inside a bag to actually use that space dont count. Only an oversized tablet you try to claim is a tablet counts.
>>
>>32709579
And yes I agree, fumbling around to place something in a case while trying to worry about getting off the bus in time is a hassle, But im pretty sure its manageable without getting spaghetti everywhere.

My first nintendo console was a gameboy color with pokemon red version at the age of 5.
>>
File: 1484704220957.jpg (41KB, 487x435px) Image search: [Google]
1484704220957.jpg
41KB, 487x435px
Switchfags stop trying to steal our games and go play yours.

Oh yeah, you have none
>>
>>32709591
>the switch is a thin tablet with small controllers attached that does not need to be constantly plugged in to work

So now you change your narrative because I can put anything into a bag and make it your definition of a handheld?

I mean I can plug my 3DS in and get every benefit while it's charing, while I cant use my switchcons while theyre charing and I cant prop it up while charging because the thing has to be bound to a wall.
>>
>>32709630
>not owning an original GB being much younger than 5 and before Pokémon was even a thing
fucking pleb
>>
>>32709630
>My first nintendo console was a gameboy color with pokemon red version at the age of 5.

I have a hard time believing that, especially since you don't seem to understand the draw of the systems.
If you do nothing but play your handheld at home why didn't you just buy a console?

>>32709630
It's more an issue of trying to force the Switch to be something it's not. Is it fine for short distances? Maybe carry it to a bros house? Sure. Otherwise? Yer out of luck.
>>
>>32709591
it's not a hand-held you desperate switchtard. it just has some handheld-esque features. I wonder how you'll try to justify your purchase when the next generation of ds comes out and it's <gasp> 240p because nobody gives a shit about muh 120fps full auto progressive ultra scan 4k bullshit that has no impact on how good a game is

retard
>>
>>32709591
>carrying one cumbersome home console you cant fit in your pocket is somehow different than carrying another cumbersome home console you need a bag for.
>>
I don't even care about moving to the Switch, but the only thing that pisses me off is that D/P remakes are going to be forced onto a system with one screen.

They deserve better than this. Sun/Moon ports would have perfect because that game barely uses touchscreen.
>>
>>32709595
A handheld is defined by being able to play it without the need to plug it in, as they are powered by replaceable batteries or a rechargeable battery. The Wii U needs to be plugged in. The Switch does not.
>>
>>32709740
They're also defined as being portable but the Switch doesn't play that game. If the Switch is just as convenient to carry around as the WiiU, then we have a problem.

also
>not knowing about plugging into the dock.
>>
>>32709791
>They're also defined as being portable
which the Switch is but the Wii U isn't
>>
>>32709657
Its just how i grew up. My mother was never keen on buying me a console. And PC gaming was enough for me to not really want a console in the first place.
Oh, and I didn't even grow up with a TV, and i still don't own one to this day living on my own. So I had nothing to plug a console into to begin with lol.

And yes, i will admit that I've ignored that a huge draw of handheld systems is the children demographic Which requires classic nintendo durability and low pricing.

I still think some sort of switch lite will come out eventually.

All that being said, despite my lifetime of playing on handhelds almost exclusively, I generally didn't bring them with me anywhere very often unless i had an extremely long day with a bunch of waiting around planned and long bus rides. Even then i sometimes don't because I would rather focus on the world around me and what i've got going on that day.
>>
>>32709674
its a handheld with a dock.
i dont even have a switch.
wait why are you so mad?
>>
>>32709822
Now this is thinking I can get behind, because I've never seen a need for a console when I just spend that time on my PC.
Nintendo handhelds were always a cheap alternative that still let me get my Mario/Pokemon fix.

>>32709822
>All that being said, despite my lifetime of playing on handhelds almost exclusively, I generally didn't bring them with me anywhere very often unless i had an extremely long day with a bunch of waiting around planned and long bus rides. Even then i sometimes don't because I would rather focus on the world around me and what i've got going on that day.

Precisely. The Switch's game is something you can bring with you on days that aren't long. If you have nothing else to do on a long day/lots of downtime the Switch is absolutely horrid for this.

A hardware revision would help it function as intended, but it would need to be almost rebuilt from the groundup to fix the issues that parrents would have with it. The design itself comes from the "switch" gimmick, so just making the controllers fixed would mean you still have a subpar handheld build. The amount of effort it would take to make a Switch-lite, that was worth even the reduced price, would mean they could have made an actual handheld in the kiddie price range that has upscaled games on the Switch to cross console play.

The Switch brings nothing to the table as a handheld, so without the docking functions yer just left with...not much of anything.
>>
>>32709853
>its a handheld with a dock.
Incorrect. It's a home console that can function limited distances away from it's dock.

Nintendo even refers to it as such.
>>
>>32709883
you're talking about the Wii U, not the Switch
>>
>butthurt switchtards slowly realising pokemon will never be on their shitty home console
how sweet it is

go play your overrated zelda and continue shitting on ultra and then cry some more when it generates more 3ds sales than your glorified port ever could for its poorly conceived normie console
>>
>>32709822
Very few people actually bring a 3DS with them unless they're in Japan anyways and even then...

I remember people vehemently bringing this up before the launch of the Switch and it was said, Japan wouldn't adopt it because it wasn't portable enough. It's one of the best performing platforms there in years, including the 3DS itself. To give some perspective, the PS4 might be having the best year of it's lifespan and they're just not buying it because they can't use it on their commute.

In the current day, your average adult has a wallet in one pocket and keys in the other, need to bring a cellphone with them. These people don't give a shit about their handheld being in their pockets like all the cargo shorts wearing faggots here.
>>
>>32709883
>Limited distances
What are you talking about?
>>
>>32707883
>most underage board

Have you been to /b/
>>
>>32708059
Sorry you spent 400 dollars on a system with 3 games faggot
>>
>>32709967
>Very few people actually bring a 3DS with them unless they're in Japan anyways and even then...
You don't go outside much, do you?
We're talking the average user as well as children.

This is about more than the neckbeards on /vp/

>>32709999
Purchase a Switch and find out. Checked.
>>
>>32710088
As someone who has a Switch: The dock has literally no effect on how far away I'm able to take my Switch. Are you okay?
>>
>>32707890
Please, we prefer to be called not-poorfags.
>>
>>32707994
Guess I must be OP too, because I also think 240p should go fuck itself to death in the corner.
>>
>>32710088
I spend most of my day outside. I have to go my job and I have to go to school and other places. I've seen maybe one 3DS in the wild. Most people play games on their phones including me. I don't drag a 3DS with me. If I'm out, then I'm busy. If I have some time, my phone has so much shit to entertain me. Last year I helped out a place that had tons of young people coming through everyday. You had one guy maybe in his 20s playing on his 3DS. Everyone else played on their tablets or phone.
>>
>>32710088
What are you implying ?
I literally never saw anybody use a 3ds in public.
most people I knew who owned handhelds only played while laying down.
>>
>>32710088
>doesnt know how the Switch works

look at the idiot and laugh
>>
>>32710156
why? were all pokemon games up to this point bad? no. nobody cares about your newest retarded /v/ hyperscan 4k progressive reactive dithering placebo buzzword bullshit
>>
>>32710366
Shit like FRLG or Platinum didn't look like a pixelated mess on their respective handhelds. C'mon son.
>>
As much as I love my 3ds I kinda wish they'd let it die and come up with a 3hds basically still a dual screen/touch screen system but better hardware and more powerful. Would be backwards compatible with 3ds but not ds titles
>>
>>32710915
Even as a Switch owner i'd love this.
>>32710243
Try owning a Switch and you'll know exactly how it works.
>>32710208
I see a fair amount of people, not counting the kids, with the 3DS out in the open. Meanwhile the general Switch input seems to be "too fragile to take outside" among the same people.
>>
>>32709115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLdA4Sn4J8
>>
>>32707883
Switchfag still crying
oh I am laffin
>>
>>32711413
I don't see the difference between having a battle facility with different battle types as opposed to a bunch of gimmicky/bland "quirk" facilities.

At least what I got in OR/AS was kind of challenging in places, Gold symbols in Emerald were easy and for the life of me I can't see the appeal of anything not the Battle Factory.

Whats the difference between one endless battle/BP facility and another in the long run when we still have the items and tutors?
>>
>>32709139
It may be an effective replacement to the 3DS in your opinion, but anyone who has not succumbed to autism knows otherwise. Most families will only buy one Switch, and most of these families would also only buy one copy of any given generation of Pokémon. This means that siblings would lose out on trading and battling. Since multiple people have to share a copy, trading and battling at all offline becomes difficult. The original social vibes Pokémon had would be lost.
>>
>caring this much about pixels
never understood this, only the gameplay matters for me.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.