[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw gen VII has officially killed pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 1490969097312.jpg (71KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1490969097312.jpg
71KB, 500x461px
>tfw gen VII has officially killed pokemon
>>
>launch day
>get the game
>excited
>just want to use Alolan Raichu
>5% encounter rate in already bloated encounter pools
Haven't played a Pokémon game since.
>>
>giving Alola a chance to redeem itself when kalos never got one
>bad
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>32704605

>Kalos
>A solid foundation to build the perfect game on
>Never gets another game

>Alola
>Unfixable garbage
>Gets two more games

It's not fair
>>
>>32704601
doesn't the game literally force you to catch a pichu ?
>>
>>32704617
>kalos solid foundation

Is that a joke?
>>
>>32704630
Not really, 5% was ok but you had to wait till route 8 to get a thunderstone.
>>
how is gen vi, with pss and actually bearable framerates, not a solid foundation to build the perfect game on
>>
>>32704697
forgot my quote >>32704632
>>
>>32704697
>they actually removed PSS
>we won't get it back unless they make a proper 3DS successor
Nintendo pls
>>
>>32704632

>One coherent landmass
>Plenty of room to include new routes connecting different points to totally change the way you travel through the region
>>
File: 4626.png (260KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
4626.png
260KB, 1000x500px
>Pokémon was killed by the huge popularity of GO, the record-breaking sales of Sun/Moon and the massive increase of The Pokémon Company's profits in 2016; its $400 million in profits alone being almost as much as Nintendo's whole company profits

Only the geniuses at /vp/ could look at this and say "yep, it's dying!"
>>
>>32704745
I just want a "real" region with more stuff and areas to explore and gyms back. Fuck those mini Islands.
>>
File: 300px-Kalos_alt.png (148KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Kalos_alt.png
148KB, 300x197px
>>32704721
>coherent
>Desert next to snowy area
>Snowy area next to a normal area
>Normal area next to swamp
>Swamp next to another snowy city
Kalos is the most incoherent region that ever was created, even his art was the shittiest of all region art
>>
>>32704785

That's just the sort of issue a sequel can easily fix.

Kalos had a spring area, a summer area, an autumn area and a winter area. Simple to change it to BW style seasons.
>>
>>32704817
I don't think a sequel to Kalos would try to fix the randomness of the locations
But I would have loved to see a third XY game, there's just so much that I wanted to see in that region, it had potential and didn't exploit it.
Let's hope they finish all the location they wanted to do in Alola this time, I want to fully visit Moone/Suune lake
>>
>>32704601
oh how horrible, that sounds really like torture to me, i can't believe this

>>32704697
pss was a gimmick
>>
>>32704849
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>32704849
>>
>>32704849
>not having to go through 4 additional menus with loading screens in between every time to do something online and being able to wait for trades and battles while doing something else like breeding is a gimmick
>>
>>32704601
>5% encounter rate is bad
It's not that bad
You just have to search for it for like 5 minutes, play Oras if you want a rare pokemon handed to you directly
>>
>>32704888
That's not how probability works you idiot. What took you five minutes could take someone else five hours.
>>
>>32704888
five minutes is a bit overstating it, I spent hours looking for castform with a supposed 10% encounter on opposing weathers.

>>32704899
this.
>>
Agreed

Sun and moon were by far the worst games for me.Ultra Sun looks is shaping up onto be a directors cut of an already bad premise.

Jesus X and Y are gonna be gen V tier with the way things are going
>>
>>32704860
>>32704865
Not arguments, as I expected
>>
>>32704899
Don't worry, I know how probability works.
But seriously, with a little bit of perseverance, you would have gotten your Pichu really easily. It's just a matter of patience, it wouldn't have took five fucking hour to encounter one.
>>32704906
Yeah, I don't know how that fucker worked, I spent hours without encountering one with the right condition. But it's not this that would make me drop the game entirely, that's stupid
>>
>>32704899
In the same manner what is 99% could take someone five hours
Deal with it. I bet you hate caves too since you have to go somewhere to get the pokemon you want
>>
>>32704617
>Rhyhorn Racing minigame never ever
>>
>>32704933
castform is fairly common to get in wondertrade/GTS

I know this because after I finally caught one, I got one from the GTS when I asked for it before I spent hours on him, only to get two more when I went to wondertrade off breedjects.

in any event they need to diversify the encounters, some places like 8 different pokemon which could be found elseewhere and one unique pokemon to that area being less than 10%

then the next route after had 3 pokemon with no unique or uncommon pokemon.

route 1 variety was a real issue in SM
>>
Gen VII was horrible and may have killed Pokemon for me, even though it's one of my favorite series and I've been playing since Gen I when I was a kid. Gen V was horrible, especially coming off of Gen IV/HGSS, Gen VI was a slight rebound (wtf were they thinking with mega evolution though), and Sun/Moon cratered the whole thing

>One million percent linear progression
>All to service a shitty low rent story
>Ultra Beasts, are you fucking kidding me
>What the shit is festival plaza
>Where are all the new Pokemon?
>Oh, that's right, they're hidden in areas filled with 15 year old + Pokemon, with 1% encounter rates
>The new mons are all worse than the old ones anyway, why
>Z moves, why
>No gyms or gym leaders, what challenge used to exist with difficulty gates have now been replaced with wild encounters
>SOS battles LOL

I'm old enough now that I don't have time to sink into shit games, and Pokemon has been shit for a generation now with no signs of recovering.

You know how retro-inspired games are all the rage now? Can Gen VIII be retro Pokemon? Huge area with long as fug routes with a thousand trainers (who all have more than two mons) and a hard as nails rival who shows up without warning, usually when your party is exhausted, with 100+ new mons, a region with multiple critical paths instead of one, hidden areas, and almost no story (least of all a save the world plot).
>>
>>32704584
The license seem to doing just fine.
>>
>>32705024
>Gen 5 was horrible

Said no one ever
>>
>>32705167
Gen V next to III was one of the most polarizing gens ever, its only after the fact that people are praising it
>>
>>32705024
>what challenge used to exist with difficulty gates have now been replaced with wild encounters
What challenge used to exist?
>>
>>32704785
Kalos' region art doesn't represent the region correctly at all and there's a lot of dumb shit like Rivers just bisecting mountains like a knife through butter

It puts the tower of mastery on a pedestal when it's the connected to the rest of the landmass and not even raised, everything is disproportionate, and that one town with the train station is just a train station with nothing attached to it on the map.
>>
>>32704899
Assuming that the find/not pichu/run cycle lasts ten seconds, there's an 80% chance of finding one in five minutes, a 96% chance of finding one in ten, and the chances of finding none in five hours is about 8e-41.
>>
>>32705367
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>32705024
Those and Zygarde's final form lead me to believe that Pokémon Z resources were cannabalized to finish this game, like, SM was in early development and Z was in late development but TPC demanded a new generation in time for the twentieth anniversary
>>
>>32705024
>sos battles are bad
They allow you to catch every pokemon with hidden ability. They also give a better option for grind than E4, which is still shit, but it's still better
>>
>>32705513
>All they had to do was make an area with higher level Chansey Encounters that could SOS other Chanseys/Blisseys to help with the level grind
I hope they realized this for Ultra Sun/Moon.
>>
>>32705024
>100+ new mons
stopped reading
>>
>>32704632
Agreed. I played Gen6 and walked into the Viridian forest, and then all the group of "friends" constantly bothering me... And I just stopped playing
>>
>>32704584
I liked Gen VII
>>
>>32705727
My opinion is a fact.

Gen VII sucks.
>>
>>32705736
No, my opinion is a fact.
Gen VII is a game I enjoyed but others may not feel the same.
>>
Pokemon has been dead for a while
>>
but best gen (three) already killed pokemon
>>
>>32704584
Pull the trigger, if you're that dumb to think that you don't deserve to live.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.