[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody please explain to me why Black and White 2 were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: 1492439814048.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1492439814048.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
Can somebody please explain to me why Black and White 2 were acceptable, but suddenly Ultra Sun and Moon aren't?
>>
>>32703684
Because we don't know anything really about Ultra Sun and Moon.
>>
Sequels vs glorified DLC.
>>
>>32703684
Because muh sinnoh remakes
>>
>>32703692
That and with the 3DS Pokémon game line's record, it seems likely that it will lack features, perhaps excluding things like a Battle Frontier or PWT for another Battle Maison, probably be too easy abd not include a difficulty option despite fan's outcries, and stil suffer from abysmal framerate issues. Seriously, they removed 3D altogether and it STILL has lagging problems. Ultimately this is Gamefreaks fault, they refuse to listen to fans and people are becoming increasingly agitated because of it.
>>
>>32703684
Masuda's comment about post-game content raises a huge red flag about how much of the experience is worth another go.
>>
Because USUM is basically the Crystal/Emerald/Platinum of its gen, except its glaringly obvious that its predecessors were purposely left unfinished.

Not sure why you're comparing it to B2W2, which were actually a completely different set of games.
>>
>>32703697
This
>>
>>32703684
Because on internet everyone is here to complain, complain, complain, sleep a bit and masturbate, then complain, complain, complain again ....ohh did i mention everyone is here to complain?
>>
>>32703726
The 3DS record is the exact same as before if ORAS would've had a Frontier.
That's all it comes down to in the end.
>>
People are assuming it's not a sequel and then raging over their assumption
>WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE LILLIE AN ULTRA BEAST FUCK YOU GAME FREAK REEERE
>>
>>32703684
the same game one year later not even described as a sequel in the trailer just means its DLC
>>
>>32704147
>same game
>>
>>32704147
b2w2 wasn't described as a sequel for months
>>
>>32703697
That's true it's basically an expansion pack but even with that said I'm curious to see what they add.
>>
>>32704218
>but even with that said I'm curious to see what they add.
and that's how they keep getting away with it
>>
>>32704212
except it was described as a sequel from the start and you are pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>32704218
I personally can't wait for another scale model of the Battle Frontier to look at.
>>
>>32704266
except it wasn't and you are pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>32704212
Dude, the name outright implies a direct sequel. We don't even need to go into the trailers themselves because it was right there from the start.
>>
>>32704384
You did this in the other thread and never bothered to prove it.
>>
>>32703684
Black and White were solid games by their own right and Black 2/White 2 expanded on them and added a lot of content. We don't know what Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will add to the base games yet but we do know that Sun/Moon are shit so that doesn't give us much reason to be optimistic.
>>
>>32704783
>Black and White were solid games by their own right
>The worst games in Pokemon history
>solid
>>
>>32703684
>sequel
>new features out the ass
>new areas
>follow up story
>new gym leaders
Vs
>Full price DLC
>>
>>32704973
>The worst games in Pokemon history
>>solid
You're right. No one in their right mind would call SM a solid entry.
>>
>B2W2
>USUM
>>
>>32705000
The sales had no bearing on my statement. I have never been more miserable playing a Pokemon game than I was playing BW. I actually had to take a month long break halfway in, it was that fucking awful.
>>
>>32704973
The worst are still gen 1. With bugs and no moves
>>
>>32705023
That tells us more about your attention span then the quality of the game.
>>
>>32705036
Gen 1 is the worst now, comparatively speaking. But at it's time they were 10/10 games.

The same cannot be said for BW.
>>
>>32705047
>But at it's time they were 10/10 games.
No, no they weren't.
Unless you had only played pokemon they were always 6 at the max.

Meanwhile BW was one of the only games to get a perfect score from famitsu
>>
>>32703684
Because Black and White were games, Sun and Moon are betas
>>
>>32704984
By that logic Emerald and Platinum are DLCs too.
>>
>>32705047
Tell me please what flaws bw had in your opinion.
>>
>>32705077
Yes?
They always were. The difference was that they couldn't support DLC you retard
>>
>>32703697
>Sequels vs glorified DLC.
But we don't even know this. It's just a meme that shitposters came up with.
>>
>>32705144
They explicitly said "alternate story", which heavily implies that it's more similar to Emerald and Platinum than Black 2 and White 2.
>>
>>32703697
If thats the case, then hows emerald, platinum, yellow, or explorers of sky acceptable?
>>
>>32705160
Because we didn't have the option for DLC then you collosal retard.
>>
>>32705160
The GBA and DS didn't support DLC, you underage retard. And even back then, third versions were still a shitty practice and not everyone bothered to buy the third versions. The 3DS supports DLC so there's no reason why this couldn't have been released as an expansion for the base game for a fraction of the price (aside from Game Freak wanting to make more money off idiots who will buy anything they shit out).
>>
>>32705158
>heavily implies
If you read a hell of a lot into the word "alternate."

A sequel could have an "alternate story", they don't necessarily have to pick up where the first one left off. Another story in the same universe, say.

We have no idea the degree to which these games are changed from the base games.
>>
>>32705087
>Very poor quality of new Pokemon
Call this opinion, but at the very least it isn't nostalgia. I loved most of the new ones XY and SM brought.
>Animated sprites were fucking garbage
>Region was literally a circle with zero exploration, gigantic fucking bridges took up way too much of it
>Didn't personally care for the music
Again opinion, but still.
>N
>Game proceeds to create a philosophical narrative that makes the player genuinely consider whether capturing Pokemon is ethical or not, then proceeds to completely throw it out the fucking window it for a cliche "GHETSIS WAS EVIL ALL ALONG!"
>No seriously, N.
>Cheren and Bianca were awful rivals
>Alder was an absolute fucking joke of a champion who you don't even battle during the story. His design also made me want to puke.
>Difficulty was very lacking.
I accept it's wrong to expect difficulty from a Pokemon game, but still.
>The EXP scaling was absolute fucking trash and I am very upset that it returned for SM.
>Team Plasma were all dressed like fags and were entirely incoherent. Half of them believed N's rhetoric and the other half were just common thugs.
>I really REALLY did not like N. Previous jokes aside he felt like a self insert character that was special for no good fucking reason.

I will however praise BW for having a decent post game comparatively to other hand, and good quality of gym leader and other side characters. However the negative aspects listed above made the game a miserable experience for me.
>>
>>32705189
>A sequel could have an "alternate story",
That's not an alternate story you dumbass which is why GF didn't call BW2 one. It's either a follow up or sequel words GF used themselves.

Be honest you're just in denial and are hoping it isn't going to be shit.
>>
>>32705189
"Alternate story" implies that it happens alongside the previous story. A sequel isn't an alternate story because it can exist in the same timeline as the original.
>>
>>32705214
This post doesn't make any sense unless you are ascribing very narrow meaning to the word "alternate," that it could ONLY possibly mean one thing, and that is a game like Emerald.

Who cares if they call it a sequel or alternate story? We have no idea what content is in the game but shitposters are prepared to jump to conclusions anyway.
>>
>>32705244
>"Alternate story" implies that it happens alongside the previous story.
No, it really doesn't. All it really means is one that differs from the other somehow.
>>
>>32705254
>We have no idea what content is in the game but shitposters are prepared to jump to conclusions anyway.
Yes because we totally have to precedent for third versions.
But you're right, maybe they're going to put in enough content to make up a first game now.
>>
>>32703684

People have very little faith on the current team's ability to pull something like BW2 again.
>>
Because most of this board is underage, never played Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Plat and don't realize that along with BW2 all the third installments have been good. Also because people with ADD can't handle cutscenes and the spergs are mad that the games probably won't follow their shitty fanfiction-tier demands.
>>
because you're either fucking new or have a piss poor memory
>>
>>32705293
If they wanted to be vague about it, they would have just said "different story". There are three types of stories, I'll use the Fire Emblem series to explain them since it has a good example of all three versions.

The first is a prequel/sequel. These take place in the same canon as another game in the series, either before or after. An example would be FE11 and it's sequel FE12 or FE6 and its prequel FE7. The stories of FE6 and FE12 directly follow on from the stories of FE7 and FE11. For an example in the Pokemon series, GSC, BW2 and XD are sequels to RBY, BW and Colosseum respectively.

The second example is a side-story. These take place around the same time as the original game, but usually feature different characters and revolves around a story that isn't as important as the original game. Pokemon doesn't really have any examples but an example in Fire Emblem would be FE2 (which takes place inbetween FE1 and FE3 on a separate continent) and FE5 (which takes place during the events of FE4 in a certain part of the same continent). They often have returning characters from the original game.

The third example is an alternate story. These take place at the same time as the original story, but only one or the other can happen. It usually has the same characters but certain parts of the story are different. An example in Fire Emblem would be FE14, where you have to choose which family you side with. You can only side with one family so it's impossible for the other storyline to happen alongside the one you pick. An example in the Pokemon series would be Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, they feature slightly different stories from the originals but take place at the same time and feature the same characters. Technically the paired versions are also alternate stories of each other, since they have minor changes in the story.

The said "alternate story", so it will more than likely fall into the third category and be a third version like Emerald.
>>
>>32703684
Reminder that literally the only thing Emerald changed in the story was battling both Teams, Groudon and Kyogre instead of one or the other, and a 10-second Rayquaza cutscene. The only things added to Platinum's story were both Dialga and Palkia instead of one or the other and a short area with Giratina shoved in it. Both of these games were advertised as having an "alternate story".

What makes you think USUM won't be any different? They're going to do the same story and shove Necrozma in it somewhere and call it "alternate".

At least B2W2 wrote a new story using the same characters in a more creative way.
>>
>>32705445
>Because most of this board is underage, never played Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Plat and don't realize that along with BW2 all the third installments have been good.
Yeah no. Just because you still rely on you parent for money doesn't mean the rest of us don't understand the value of money.
In any case except for BW2 the games have just been full priced expansions. The difference between then and now is that before you had to buy the newest game to access the content which in and of itself is a bullshit practice not many people agreed with.
Anyway, we live in an age where such a practice doesn't need to exist and it can be sold both at a huge profit for the creator while being cheaper than a full game.

Instead GF took the third game idea and decided to split the games in two instead of combining the two versions.
Do you understand now? Or are you too young to realise that there was an age where systems didn't have online and DLC?
>>
>>32703684
Because they decided to add "Ultra" instead of a 2 to the titles and that's enough to send the two digit IQ manchildren out there raging
>>
Why even buy new pokemon games anymore when you can just wait a few years for them to make the same game again and fix it.
>>
>>32705597
>when you can just wait a few years
Becsuse video games are fucking pennies for anyone who isn't a broke ass basement dwelling NEET and I'd rather play it now than wait 2 years for a slightly improved version.
>>
>>32705160
What >>32705182 said, plus the fact that Emerald and Platinum didn't come until 2 years after the first pair of games were released.
>>
>>32703684
Because /vp/ is being invaded by /v/ who cries at the notion of anyone liking anything ever
>>
>>32705597
Did that happen with XY? No, it didn't. That generation will be forever shit because it had no third version.
>>
>>32705584
My literal only complaint with the names is they sound a little silly, but A) it's thematically appropriate and not dumb and B) these are games for children. People should stop losing their shit over this, it's just like Emerald or Platinum but there's two of them.
>>
>>32705195
Oh, the salt.
>>
>>32705195
I praise gen V because it's really polished, but I feel the same about those points you listed.
>>
>>32703684
Because underage redditors are invading the board and shitposting. This literally happens all the time. Happened with B2/W2, X/Y, and OR/AS AND S/M especially.
>>
>>32703732
>glaringly obvious
Are you actually retarded? They didn't leave anything out. Everything is always handled the same way. By this logic they held shit out in every. single. generation.
>>
>>32703684
It's a glorified third game
>>
BW2 were a new story, all updated versions before were a single game sold as the definitive experience.

Spilting remixes into pairs takes away both a new story and having a definitive way to play the region.
>>
>>32703684
BW2 has literally nothing in common with USM at all. BW2 are SEQUELS, with new protagonists, new characters, new story and takes place after its predecessors. USM is like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, except dual-released because Gamefreak couldn't muster the competency to combine the two versions into one like in Emerald and Platinum.
>>
>>32705182
>The GBA and DS didn't support DLC
False. What you should say is that DLC was unfeasible back then but saying that they didn't support DLC is incorrect.
>>
File: 1496804482416[1].png (536KB, 805x492px) Image search: [Google]
1496804482416[1].png
536KB, 805x492px
>>32705144
>But we don't even know this.

Yes we do.

>>32705189
A sequel isn't an alternate story. It's an ADDITIONAL story that builds on top the previous one. "Alternate" means it's replacing the previous one.

>al·ter·nate
>adjective
>/ˈôltərnət/
>taking the place of; alternative.

>We have no idea
Yes we do. Stop being in denial you retard.
>>
>>32707416
and?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.