[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you ready for MORE CUTSCENES?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1483673535451.gif (3MB, 347x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483673535451.gif
3MB, 347x208px
Are you ready for MORE CUTSCENES?!
>>
Ye.

I liked the cutscenes. /VP/ just doesn't like any RPGs outside of pokemon.
>>
I said ARE. YOU. READY?
>>
File: 1464005586915.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1464005586915.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>32702240
Fuck yeah, I play games for the cinematic experience.
>>
>>32702240
Only if they're more spaced out by gameplay this time because holy fuck do you feel incredibly useless early game.

>>32702277
To be fair, modern JRPGs aren't nearly as cutscene heavy without voice acting or dialogue sound effects to cut the monotony.
>>
>>32702285
Then for the thousands posting, and the millions lurking around the world, and the Starsfags who got destroyed by the Direct, let's get ready to CUTSCENE.
>>
>>32702277
>/VP/ just doesn't like any RPGs outside of pokemon.
I play mostly MegaTen, Dragon Quest, and Souls, two of which have been around longer than Pokemon and have never relied on cutscenes.

Since when were cutscenes essential to RPGs, and what do they add to Pokemon, a series that has never had a good plot, when they do nothing but take the player out of the gameplay constantly?
>>
File: 1496683502989.jpg (19KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496683502989.jpg
19KB, 320x400px
>>32702240
they've been progressively making the games more and more "cinematic"

i guess if they can't improve the core gameplay anymore they'll just add flavor of the year gimmick features they'll never expand on and more cinematics
>>
>>32702277
>I liked the cutscenes. /VP/ just doesn't like any RPGs outside of pokemon.
I don't like any other rpgs other than Pokémon
>>
>>32702240
You betcha!
>>
Fling shit all you want, the cutscenes made S/M feel more like a serious story that actually had a purpose. Which is what I wanted. I loved it in BW and I love it now.
>>
>>32702476
The dragons coming out of their orbs in BW was pretty damn impressive.
>>
>>32702277
>phoneposter
>and a deliberate Alolasome

don't take this mans opinion seriously.
>>
>>32702488
Right? It was badass as hell. S/M gave me the same enjoyment, just even more often. I could have some time to sit back and let the scene play out, without just feeling like reading a book with pictures, which is what story parts of older games felt like, just clicking through text and looking at limited sprites.
>>
>>32702300
An upgrade to one of my favorite gifs. Nice.
>>
I might have liked the cutscenes more if they weren't being shown at 240p, 5fps in 2D.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.