[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have not experienced a third version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1474274692432.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1474274692432.gif
2MB, 540x540px
Since gens 5 and 6 didn't have one. I'm genuinely asking here because today half of /vp/ doesn't even seem to understand the concept.
>>
It's honestly incredible.
Part of me thinks it's just this board looking for things to be angry about, but some people are just too obviously underaged for that to be true.
>>
Never played yellow, crystal, or emerald, but I played platinum recently and it is far superior to diamond and pearl.
>>
>>32699794
I share this exact sentiment. We didn't even get a lot of information but people want to jump the gun and express all their hyperbolic negative reactions and the reasons are buried in speculation or illogical reflections/forgetfulness that can be taken as being too young to remember.
>>
>>32699755
First game was Yellow and I own all of the mainlines besides two, so nah I've done this before.
>>
Is it really fair to say gen 5 didn't have one? BW2 are great sequels and great 3rd versions in my eyes.
>>
>>32699963
BW2 were great but they were sequels, not third version. What a lot of people here today just don't seem able to understand is what a third version even is. They're acting as if this is the first time it's happened, which is why I question if they've played a game before gen 5.
>>
>>32699794
My only negative this is that it seems to essentially be a third version split into two. But it's not like GameFreak is holding a knife to my throat and trying to force me to buy both.
If I enjoy Ultra Moon I'll probably buy Ultra Sun anyways
>>
Never played Emerald but did get Platinum. I don't know why people are saying that 2 versions is a bad thing; no one is forcing you to buy both and more money in GF's pocket may equal less frequent releases and therefore better games. I'm excited just to see where they go with USM.
>>
>>32699755
When asked what their first Pokemon game was, a lot of /vp/ will answer Yellow. Of course this might not be true anymore, at least mine was Yellow, though.
>>
>>32699755
Started off with Blue. I think it's due to Game Freak saying that they were going to avoid releasing third versions back during BW2's time. From then on, people just assumed that the games would be absolutely filled with content since it was thought that GF would focus more on getting it right the first time. While gens VI and VII have been mostly okay, there were/are still a lot of things in each that could be improved. While underage newfags and people who got into the games through GO are certainly factors to the negativity, part of the issue is /vp/'s high expectation. /vp/ wants GF to deliver something good, and they have before. The question is, can they do it again?
>>
>>32700192
>The question is, can they do it again?
Considering SM were by far the best main games in the series and third versions are always an improvement? Yes.
>>
>>32700376
>Considering SM were by far the best main games in the series

I enjoyed them...but no.
>>
>>32700429
Yes.
>>
>>32700376
>SM were by far the best main games in the series
I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree there. I feel like SM are the culmination of Game Freak being told that too many kids got lost in Sinnoh and a large number of people hated using only new mons in Unova. Alola is unbearably linear, where one playthrough will easily show you almost everything there is on the islands. The fact that it is extremely easy to find non-Alolan Pokemon over the native ones feels like GF was trying to push them out of the limelight, no matter how hyped up they were the months before. I won't comment on postgame, but that's because I have yet to reach it, even though I bought the game on the first month of release. SM are the only games that have nothing to convince me to finish them.

>third versions are always an improvement
This I will agree with. GF have an excellent track record with third versions. This gives me hope that USUM will be good, but, at the moment, it's not enough to convince me to buy them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.