[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Z-Megas" and the New Ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: USUM Z-Ring.jpg (80KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
USUM Z-Ring.jpg
80KB, 608x342px
So, there's been a bit of discussion over the final shot of the new male protagonist with something new on his Z-Ring, which he activates by turning a strange irregular Z-Crystal. There's also a few shots of Mimikyu and Lycanroc in dynamic action scenes, with M lunging at the camera and Midday-L leaping in front of the sun. Some people have guessed that these are forme change scenes, or new unique Z-Moves.

I propose this: they're both.

What if this new crystal is the key to unlocking some sort of Z-Power beyond Z-Power? Z-Megas, perhaps? Combining the Z-Move and Mega Evolution mechanics would be a great way to revitalize Mega Evolution after its use in SM fell flat, and the Lycanroc scene HAS to be a Z-Move or similar animation- think about it: it's clearly jumping in front of the midday sun, and that wouldn't make much sense playing at night in a plot cutscene, would it? I'm guessing this is how we get the much-anticipated "unmasked" Mimikyu form, as well as the mysterious third Lycanroc form (presumably, Midnight's animation would show it leaping in front of the full moon). I also suspect that, if true, this will be how we use the armored Solgaleo and Lunala forms, mirroring how the legendaries in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire showed off a boosted form of the Gen 6 gimmick. After all, it's strange that the box legendaries of the generation that introduced unique Z-Moves didn't get any, but Xerneas and Yveltal didn't get Mega Evolutions, either.

This last point is really just speculation, but if I didn't know jack shit about Pokemon and you showed me that last shot from the trailer, I'd have told you that it's going to have something to do with transforming into another form. Why? Because a bracelet that you activate by twisting a symbol on it just SCREAMS "Japanese transforming hero".
>>
>>32698664
What about Z-Forms? That could explain why Lillie and Rotom brought up that phrase so often
>>
>>32698751
Oh yeah. I guess since that hasn't become an actual game mechanic yet, I forgot about it. Well, there's some more evidence!
>>
Oh fuck, please no Z-Forms. I just wish Gamefreak would wait until introducing more gimmicks which get relatively forgotten a gen or two later.

From Megas to Z-Moves to (potentially) Z-Forms -- those could've been spread out over multiple generations, not back-to-back.
>>
>>32698844
My dream is Gamefreak turning all Mega Evolutions into Z-Forms, claiming Infinity Energy is the same form of power as Ultra Space energy or something, because this would accomplish a lot.
- It would consolidate multiple similar game mechanics.
- It would make Mega Evolution easier to work into gameplay for it to be exactly the same process as Z-Moves.
- It would make the meta more interesting if you could Mega Evolve OR use a Z-Move once per battle instead of being able to do both.
- It could give underwhelming Megas the recognition they deserve by making the Z-Move that transforms them useful.
>>
>>32698751
Nihilego literally has a Z-form too. Concept art shows it sucking up Lusamine's Z-crystals to change form.
>>
>>32698664
I think "Z-Megas" are going to be Ultra/Prism forms used by Solgaleo and Lunala. Lycanroc (Mid-day) looked spikier in the trailer, so he probably has an Ultra or Prism form too.

If Necrozma is the final boss for Movie 20, I hope Ho-oh gets his own super mode.
>>
>>32698956
Wait, the UltraSymbiote form is a Z-Form? Boy I hope my theory is true, because I NEED to fight with that thing.
>>
Really makes you think
>>
>Z-Forms
>Z-Moves
>Z-Energy
>Z-Crystals
>Zygarde
>NecroZma
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER!
>>
>>32698914
Smart man.

I'd accept it, then.
>>
>>32698983
Was it spikier, though? I honestly couldn't tell, but getting Necrozma chunks on the exposed rock bits would make sense for Midday and Midnight, and I think that jump would be pre-transformation.
>>
>>32698914
This
Or make Mega Evolution something available at level 90 or 100
>>
>>32699015
Za waddo

Mother of God.
>>
>>32699910
Lord, no. I want Mega Evolution to be practical for use during the main game.
>>
Also, adding onto my "Japanese transforming hero" point in the first post: cool-looking sleek plastic armor is pretty much a staple of the genre (see: any Kamen Rider), and the Necro Armor basically matches the aesthetic.
>>
Flip Z and you get N.
>>
>>32698956
If Nihilego has one what other UB have one too?
>>
File: ow the fredge (frog edge).jpg (556KB, 1471x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ow the fredge (frog edge).jpg
556KB, 1471x2048px
>>32700701
Are you suggesting 『Nega Evolution』?
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 900x619px
>>32699015
Zygarde
>>
>>32698664
facepalm. Lycanroc is jumping in the same way Gumshoos and Raticate did in the first trial. Lycanroc is obviously a Totem pokémon in these games.
>>
File: 1494006134888.jpg (3KB, 125x126px) Image search: [Google]
1494006134888.jpg
3KB, 125x126px
>>32698914

>The Mega meteor was from Ultra Space
>Deoxys confirmed UB
>There may be far more UBs in our dimension since antiquity
>>
>>32701900
Okay first off:
>typing out "facepalm"
Secondly, like I said, it very intentionally passed directly in front of the sun. Unless they removed the day/night cycle entirely, that just doesn't make sense- what if you're playing the game at night, or in the evening? Z-move animations, on the other hand, don't care what time of day it is.
Also, Totems don't have a monopoly on doing a flip
>>
Honestly, I hope it is them combining Z Moves and Megas, they felt like they are related, they wasted Zygardes not once but basically twice in a game to have it a major plot point, three given Guzzlord is like its antithesis Ina lot of ways lore wise. It would make sense Pokemon like Lycanroc, Mimikyu, maybe Todgemaru given it was randomly in the trailer and is similiar to Mimikyu as a Pikaclone, get Z Moves if not Megas. A combination of th two would be cool, but would not be surprised it doesn't happen so they can balance out Z Moves and Megas first by adding more exclusive ones for Alolan Pokemon mostly and Megas for older Pokemon. Hopefully GS VC ports this year and not next year or rather following year hint at them giving the Gen 2 starters Megas...cause when else are they gonna do it if they are? They did not in SM cause they wanted the focus just on Z Moves (in part gotta thank the VGC whiners for that. If the official meta game so god damn stale (which it is not, fuckers forgot 2016 how bad it was VGC wise) they need to just form their own league banning all the mons they hate like us plebeians have lol. Dumbasses but sorry for the rant), and would not make sense for them to do Gen 8 when it would fit better to release a Gen 4 starter mega for the new games to lead into DP remakes. So I will hope but probably get btfb cause the holy trinity want to stretch these games or storylines or remakes life spans as much as possible. Hopefully we get Gen 4 remakes in 2018 but would not make sense if they want to do a main series game first on the Switch before anything else. Then again Gen 4 is super popular almost as much as the originals or now SM

Z Forms could be a thing, because but could be simple things like Solgaleos and Lunalas were.
>>
>>32698664

I highly doubt they made Necrozma as shit as they did just to be fodder for another Pokemon. His personal BST needs to be raised somehow to actually be viable, meaning they are NECROZMA's forms, not the other way around.
>>
>>32698914
That would be good. Battles that allow both Z-Moves and Mega Evolution are a bit of a clusterfuck right now, and it would make sense since Mega Evolution and Z-Moves already have so many parallels (the trainer accessory, the power of friendship, the held item etc.)

Now link Battle Bond in too and you've perfected it.
>>
>>32698914
>- It could give underwhelming Megas the recognition they deserve by making the Z-Move that transforms them useful.
Wait what? What are you trying to say here? That by using a Z-Move you would go Mega? That would be stupidly broken.
>>
File: mpc-hc64_2017-06-06_23-45-14.png (125KB, 415x387px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc64_2017-06-06_23-45-14.png
125KB, 415x387px
>>32698983
>Lycanroc looked spikier in the trailer
*confused black man meme*
>>
>>32702150
Or maybe it jumped and focused on the sun because it's midday sun and jumping on the sun like that is supposed to be symbolism because it's fucking miidday form. C'mon son.
>>
Totem Forms,1+boost stats
>>
>>32698956
Can confirm (pic related).
Mother Beast's tentacles are full of Z-Crystals, too.

The black glass, and the pointy tentacles definitely make it look like Mother Beast's transformation is related to Solgaleo and Lunala's new forms.
>>
File: 0ec.jpg (935KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
0ec.jpg
935KB, 1280x908px
>>32703617
Fuck.
What I meant to say was, pic related.
>>
>"""""new""""" protagonist

Are you lot blind? Same build.
>>
File: tumblr_oi7lydqqII1ryqmayo1_500.png (259KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi7lydqqII1ryqmayo1_500.png
259KB, 500x491px
>>32703623
And Mother Beast for comparison:
>>
>>32703419
Would it really on something like Audino, Amphaross, or Steelix though?
>>
>>32703458
...Yeah, that's what I mean. A focus on the midday sun wouldn't make sense in a story cutscene because those follow the day/night cycle. Using sun symbolism only works for a Z-Move animation or something similar.
>>
>>32703627
1: Basically all the male protags have the same build.
2: Okay, he's probably just this game's new look for Sun, but for the purposes of this theory it literally doesn't matter. What matters is his Z-Ring.
>>
>>32703419
Nah, I mean that Mega-capable Pokemon would get, like, a "Audinite-Z" that would let them use a unique Z-Move and Mega Evolve at the same time. Better Megas would get worse Z-Moves to balance them out.
>>
>>32704211
If shitty megas can pull that then it good megas can pull that too. Unless you are expecting Gamefreak to the be ones choosing which megas are good and which are not and only letting the shitty ones to do that.
>>
>>32705614
>>32705614
>Better Megas would get worse Z-Moves to balance them out.
You forget the very important matter that Gamefreak is fucking retarded and can't "balance" even if their life depended on it. Specially with their stupid criteria of what's good or not.
>>
>>32698914
Good post but
>It would make the meta more interesting if you could Mega Evolve OR use a Z-Move once per battle instead of being able to do both.
In practice this would completely kill off Z-Moves. Megas are just that good.
>It could give underwhelming Megas the recognition they deserve by making the Z-Move that transforms them useful.
This is just stupid. You just said either Z-Move or Mega, why are you mentioning using them both now?
>>
>>32705672
>This is just stupid. You just said either Z-Move or Mega, why are you mentioning using them both now?
I'm talking about retconning Mega Evolution into "Z-forms", activated with a unique Z-move. It could buff some bad Megas, like Steelix, by giving them a good Z-Move effect, and not all Mega Evolutions even need a meaningful Z-Move effect.
>In practice this would completely kill off Z-Moves. Megas are just that good.
It WOULD nerf Megas somewhat by forcing them all to have a specific move, but you've got me there. Thematically, though, it makes more sense to have these two similar abilities activated with a ring be the same- heck, Sina and Dexio basically outright say they're the same type of power in SM.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.