[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THEY. ARE. NOT. SEQUELS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: 1484287546769.png (260KB, 538x452px) Image search: [Google]
1484287546769.png
260KB, 538x452px
How fucking dense are you fuckers? These are not motherfucking sequels. They are THIRD VERSIONS. Yes, just like Yellow and Crystal and Emerald and Platinum. The only difference is there are now TWO, for EXTRA MONEY. That's the only fucking difference, it's not a difficult concept. Jesus Christ. ALL THIRD VERSIONS have a fucking "alternate story", just look Crystal or Platinum for fucks sake. These are not direct continuations of Sun and Moon. They do not take place AFTER Sun and Moon. They ARE in the place of Sun and Moon. These are the CANON versions, just like how Emerald was the canon Hoenn game and Platinum was the canon Sinnoh game. Jesus Christ. The fact that there are two suddenly makes you retards think we're getting fucking sequels? You guys are so god damn stupid.
>>
B-But anon, they didn't outright call them third versions, they called them an "Alternate story", which is what third versions are, which means they're not third versions!
>>
File: 1395480311019.jpg (94KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1395480311019.jpg
94KB, 500x647px
>>32698148
>The fact that there are two suddenly makes you retards think we're getting fucking sequels?
well the only other time we got two "third version" was with bw2, and they are considered sequels so yeah, Usm being a sequel seems like a reasonable assumption to me.
>>
File: rosa.jpg (87KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
rosa.jpg
87KB, 500x533px
>>32698209
Rosa a cute.
>>
>>32698148
no one said they are
>>
>>32698209
>two "third version" was with bw2
Black and White 2 are NOT third versions. They are a completely different game. They continue where BW left off. You cannot play BW2 and then say you had the same experience as playing BW1.

>Usm being a sequel seems like a reasonable assumption to me
But we know they're not fucking sequels. You play as the same characters, live in the same house, choose the same starter Pokemon. When BW2 were announced it was very clear they were sequels, as in THE NEXT CHAPTER. This is an alternate version of SM.

ALTERNATE = A RETELLING
ALTERNATE = A DIFFERENT VERSION

The same way Sun is an alternate version of Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the same deal. They're all alternate versions of the SAME. GAME.
>>
No, it's expansion DLC being sold as fully-priced retail games cause Nintendo's full of Jews.
>>
Platinum

Emerald

Crystal

Not sequal. I enjoy the hell outta of them
>>
>>32698248
Do we play as the same characters and live in the same house? Those sound like assumptions.

In b2/w2 we chose the same starters too.
>>
>>32698269
Watch the trailer dickhead. Listen to what Masuda says. Stop being such a fucking shithole.
>>
>>32698148
It bugs me that there apparently supposed to be an alternate story when ULTRA Sun/ULTRA Moon clearly implies a substantial upgrade to Sun/Moon
>>
>>32698269
Characters look the same and we definitely live in the same house.
>>
>>32698269
>Those sound like assumptions.
Says the person who is assuming by "alternate versions" they meant to say "sequels"

>>32698290
>ULTRA Sun/ULTRA Moon clearly implies a substantial upgrade to Sun/Moon
Are you implying Platinum was not a substantial upgrade to Diamond and Pearl?
Platinum made those games look like a fucking dumpster fire.
>>
>>32698239
yeah she's my favorite
>>
File: tumblr_mboy1r9xib1qlpahho1_500.jpg (96KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mboy1r9xib1qlpahho1_500.jpg
96KB, 500x641px
>>32698248
Then why are their two of them? yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinum were all third versions. The only time they deviated form having one third version was with bw2, the sequels.
>>
>>32698321
>Then why are their two of them?
Because they either
>want more money
or
>just fucking felt like it

Since there are two that means they HAVE to be sequels? Do you realize how autistic that sounds? Are you autistic?
>>
>>32698321
They probably slapped in enough version differences that they could pass it off as separate games again for more money. Characters look the same as in Sun/Moon and definitely live in the same house.
>>
>>32698252
>No, it's expansion DLC being sold as fully-priced retail games.

You mean like every single third version to date? How old are you?
>>
>>32698339
I'm not saying it means they have to be, but it makes sense to me that they could be. I'm mainly reserving judgement until the games come out, but keeping my hope alive that they're sequels.
>>
>>32698321
Technically, Yellow was a fourth version...
>>
>>32698282
>makes a mad as hell post when he's 100% wrong
>claims completely different characters are acually the same
>doesn't know any Japanese so doesn't know masuda said "another story (one more)" not alternate
>fails at basic pattern recognition so can't realize these are b2w2 equivalents
>thinks the second and last set of games in the generation will be mere alternate versions, effectively cutting the generation down to one game which had never ever happened since gen 2
how does it feel to be wrong? remember my post when you get btfo by additional news
>>
>>32698321
Because they're saving the "Stars" moniker for the super enhanced version on the Switch.
>>
>>32698362
wow it's almost as if third versions were jewish cash grabs this entire time or something
>>
>>32698395
Do you have a boner? Can I suck it? I wanna make you cum.
>>
>>32698307
Platinum was its own completely separate name though

They didn't call it "Diamond and Pearl Fusion" or make 2 games called basically "Better Diamond" and "Better Pearl"
>>
>>32698395
>completely different characters
>when they have literally the same face
what?
>>
>>32698395
>>32698395
"Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!"
The characters look remarkably similar, if not identical to the Sun/Moon protagonists.
The characters live in the same house as the Sun/Moon protagonists.
Looking more and more like a third version split in two games for money.
>>
>>32698383
that hope will become disappointment, disappointment in hate, and hate in shitposting.

>>32698408
Yep, and it has been a part of the franchise for 20 years, if you don't like it don't play it or pirate it.
>>
>>32698410
That's the most retarded reasoning. Literally grasping at straws here. Do you think they sit in a board meeting over at game freak and discuss how to stick to "muh patterns"
>>
>>32698409
depends, are you a cute birl?

>>32698438
same face syndrome. I can just see you saying the same about Rosa and nate

>>32698457
who cares what some intern said when masuda said another story on the same stage. if anyone really thinks game freak would stoop so low as to release four games that are essentially the same for one generation I pity them. I miry them more if they're looking forward to the games with that expectation in mind.

because let me remind you there sure as fuck aren't going to be two remakes on the same console

be wrong. and then remember me when you realize it
>>
File: 1488907399692.gif (995KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488907399692.gif
995KB, 500x550px
>>32698400
>super enhanced version on the switch
wait and you're calling me delusional?
>>
>>32698504
no, they make decisions for another reason and then we detect the patterns to infer that they have some rule by which they're picking the same behaviour. are you genuinely stupid? how do you operate in the world without inferring patterns of behaviour?
>>
>>32698264
This. all of the games listed here are 200% better than their counterparts.
>>
>>32698148
>The fact that there are two suddenly makes you retards think we're getting fucking sequels?
Well they sure aren't third versions, because there are two of them to be sequels of their original games.
>Ultra Sun -> Sun
>Ultra Moon -> Moon
Just like how Black 2 was a sequel for Black, and White 2 was for White.
Really gets the brain juices flowing, huh?
>>
>>32698607
So why didn't you say anything about them living in the same house? Or the fact that Masuda called them an "alternate story taking place in the world of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon." Watch the Direct if you don't believe me.
>>
>>32698504
Just saying they're weird names for something that's apparently not supposed to be a sequel. Not sure why you're trying to argue so hard
>>
>>32698607
>if anyone really thinks game freak would stoop so low as to release four games that are essentially the same for one generation I pity them

retard
>>
>>32698148
This is so sad. They literally had to highlight it was an alternate story so people wouldn't burn their HQ down when they realize how garbage a release this is
>>
There are people who think they are sequels?

The trailer clearly shows the exact same shot of the player starting in the same house on the same route. If it were a sequel they would have explicitly said so.
>>
Does it matter? Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, BW2 make up the top 4 games of the franchise. Sequel or third version, doesn't matter. We can safely expect USM to be among the greats.
>>
>>32698728
Platnium

Crystal

Emerald

Are not sequals. Were they garbage?
>>
>>32698728
What are they supposed to say you?
>>
>>32698242
unfortunatley a lot of people do if you scavange the comments through channels
>>
>>32698691
braindead dipshit
>>
>>32698252
Clearly this
>>
>>32698209
are you baiting? because there's two versions that means they have to be sequels even though the press release basically says they are an alterate retelling of sumo?
>>
>>32698148
>third version
In that case I'm skipping it.
Literally no reason to drop that cash on the same game but with, like, three new forms.
>>
>>32699091
You probably bought Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum.
>>
>>32698755
All the best games of the generation, but I honestly think that ultra sun and moon will be more heavely changed from the original than those.
>>
File: 1496117144637.png (137KB, 853x871px) Image search: [Google]
1496117144637.png
137KB, 853x871px
Where exactly did the trailer imply at all that they were third versions? All that it said that it's an alternate timeline.
>>
>>32698148
>my opinion is more valid than your opinion: the post
Calm your tits, man. Nobody knows the plot of these games yet.
>>
>>32700047
Opinions have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>32700027

They never said "alternate timeline."
>>
>>32700068
Opinions have everything to do with it.
Nothing about this game is known yet, except that there's a Pikachu area and Necrozma does something to Solgaleo & Lunala.

We're ALL making up theories to fill in the blanks, even you.
>>
>>32700110
>Nothing about this game is known yet

Only if you're brain dead. Read the website and listen to what Masuda said.
>>
They're neither sequels or a rehash edition, but like BW2 it is effectively a double rehash edition.
>>
>>32700128
>go to pokemon-sunmoon.com
>A New Light Shines on Alola!
>Launching worldwide November 17, 2017!
>Check back for more details!
>>
>>32698148
They are third versions Plus. An in between of enhanced version and sequel
>>
>>32700207
Look harder.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-ultra-sun-and-pokemon-ultra-moon/#
>>
File: 1484957147885.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484957147885.png
118KB, 540x304px
>>32698148
I don't understand why people are so mad that they're split versions. You can all try and resist the autistic urge to buy both versions.
>>
>>32698693
he didn't say that the intern subbing him said that. learn some japanese

tip: people can live in the same house at different times without being the same person or even related. I'll let you figure out how

enjoy clinging to the word "alternate" when no such word was used in Japanese. what he said was "one more story" or "another story" but I wouldn't say another either because your autism might run wild on that too

you're retarded to read too deeply into a specific word in a translation of a trailer
>>
>>32698717
>calls me a retard
>doesn't realize he's extremely retarded to the point he can't work out early generations before conventions were solidified are counted
you're not getting the same story or an "alternate" story. you're getting one more story in the same region, a new story. deal with it

I look forward to the day you pretend you believed it was a sequel all along so you don't have to admit you were wrong
>>
>>32700027
The world timeline was never uttered once.
>>
>>32698148
Ultra Lunala reminds of something but i can't remember it.
Cure Lovely
Cure Unlovely
Debonair
Gundam
Zaku
Vegan
Nightmare
Mashin
Zoid

I just can't remember who this Mecha Mahou Shoujo Villain Lunala resembles.
>>
>>32700547
It's gonna be a "new story" the same way crystal, emerald, and platinum were. The same main plot with small variations along the way to give necrozma more attention.
>>
>>32701797
B2W2 is gonna be a "new story" the same way crystal, emerald and platinum were. The same main plot with small variations along the way to give kyurem more attention.

These are sequels.
>>
>>32701839
Have you never played BW2? I'm laughing so fucking hard holy shit. That's nothing what BW2 is actually like.
>>
>he took the bait
You don't deserve a (You)
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.