[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something I noticed...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: Theory.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Theory.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
So during the direct, two videos are shown. One of the cinematic trailer, and the other of game play on the 3ds.

When taking the exact same frame, it is subtle, but you can see that there is more shown in the cinematic trailer then in the gameplay.

Now this wouldn't make sense, considering that in order to have the footage, it would need to be taken straight from the gameplay, but it doesn't match up.

My theory is the cinematic trailer isn't 3ds gameplay at all, but another console...
>>
>>
>>32696438
Is this, dare I say, /autism/?
>>
File: IMG_8265.jpg (130KB, 1305x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8265.jpg
130KB, 1305x306px
>>32696481
>>
>Switchcuck denial and tears for the next 5 months
Joy.
>>
>>32696438
if it was from another console it wouldn't be 240p
>>
>>32696481
>"Error"
>>
>>32696509
>Switch version not full HD

This is so fucking stupid that it sounds legitimate.
>>
File: 1496427729408.png (660KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
1496427729408.png
660KB, 709x462px
>>32696438
>buttblasted switchcuck
>>
>>32696481
Someone goofed. That's not a "mistake" that just happen to happen.
>>
>>32696565
what if it's a port with nothing extra?
>>
Switchcucks THIS desperate
>>
>>32696509
I mean judging from this, The Pokemon Company wouldn't be lying when they said that Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon would only be on the 3DS. I could see Eclipse get a Spring 2018 release(especially since Pokemon generally doesn't hit a console until about a year or two into it's lifespan)
>>
>>32696629
even if it's just a port the character model would look much better as it does in the editors, all models are much higher quality than you see in the game, the resolution is actually the only reason it looks like shit
>>
>>32696438
I want to believe.
>>
>>32696481
Yes. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are exclusive to the 3DS.

Eclipse, however...
>>
>>32696671
This is actually vey likely.
And as much as I'm denying I will buy US/UM, I know myself enough to know I'll even double dip on a Switch version if it ever releases.
>>
>>32696677
But even so, how is it that a part of the game is being shown in the trailer that is impossible in the game play?
>>
>>32696438
Same resolution senpai
>>
>>32696671
If there is some sort of Switch version, it has to be announced soon, well before USM are out. Otherwise there would be people who bought both SM and USM being told to buy the game a *third* time. They have to know what a PR disaster that would cause and how pissed off fans would be, right? I mean, Gamefreak loves their "enhanced version" thing, but to screw over early adopters a second time? Even they must know not to do that, I hope.
>>
>>32696789
Dude, it's Game Freak. Nothing is beyond them
>>
>>32696789
e3 is right around the corner...
>>
I NOTICED THE EXACT SAME THING
my theory though, is that there are camera controls. look at the first version of that clip in the release video. the camera looks more fluid than in sm.
>>
>>32696438
Fuck, that's what i call a palette full of vibrant colors.
I like it.
>>
>>32696818
While that is true, why would they have a Pokémon Direct announcing 3DS exclusive games just to announce a Switch version the following week? I mean, I get it's E3, but I don't think Nintendo and/or Game Freak ever announced Pokémon games at E3.
>>
>>32696891
yeah your right. Maybe they are going to screw us over again in spring?

I mean they've done it with all other third versions, so why not eclipse?
>>
>>32696891
Theoretically, it could be they didn't have enough other things to announce for Switch at E3 and decided to hold the Pokémon announcement for that, but didn't want to distract from it with the 3DS announcements so they did those separately.

Unlikely, but possible.
>>
>>32696891
Because then where is the incentive to buy Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon? As someone who is going to end up with a Switch probably before the end of the year, why would I buy a game that will run pretty shitty on my 3DSxL when I can just play Zelda/Mario Kart from December to April? Also they could very easily announce it first of the year. Remember Nintendo usually do Directs at the beginning/end of the year.

>"For fans of Pokemon Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, we at Nintendo have some fun news! New Pokemon are popping up in the land of Alola! And you can explore Alola and maybe even other Far Away Lands, in Pokemon Eclipse coming to the Nintendo Switch on April 13th. If you preorder at select retailers, you will get a special Toucannon!"
>>
>>32697045
But see >>32696789. The backlash from their most loyal players - those who bought both SM and USM - would be justifiably enormous, and I think they have to know that. They can get away with "you bought SM, now buy USM" because we know to expect it as a possibility. But to go beyond that would be incredibly unfair, and I don't think they're stupid enough to try.

If there is a Switch version, I think there's no way it won't be announced well before November, so that people can decide between USM and that.
>>
>>32697136
It seems like something Nintendo would do.

they can just have version exclusives for each individual one.
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (314KB, 1127x765px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
314KB, 1127x765px
>>32696438

Except the first trailer doesn't overlap, you just fucked up when scaling it down; you can see that all over your image where the trees, leaves, characters and fence posts all before the supposed "overlap" don't even line up.

I scaled it down while maintaining the same aspect ratio and it matches perfectly fine. Not to mention the aspect ratio of the first trailer doesn't even match the aspect ratio of the Switch.

The first trailer is the exact same gameplay footage, its just cropped top and bottom. That's literally it.
>>
>>32697234
Did you change the opacity on the tip photo?
>>
>>32697271
Yea I did, I desaturated it and lowered to 50%. There's nothing being shown in the first gameplay trailer that isn't shown in the second, because its the exact same piece of footage, except cropped top and bottom the first time.
>>
>>32697305
Could you change the opacity on top pic to 100 and share it again?
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (293KB, 1127x765px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
293KB, 1127x765px
>>32697326
Sure
>>
>>32697354
The one thing I'm noticing is that the picture, though perfectly lined up, overlaps the border of the 3ds version.
>>
>>32696438
So how did you miss the tops of the trees being in the first image but not the second?
It's just been cropped at a different aspects ratio.
>>
>>32697394
They don't though; when you scale it down proportionally and match all the elements within the image, the vertical borders line up perfectly too, and they would, because they are the same piece of 3ds footage.

The horizontal borders of course don't align because the footage has been cropped for the first trailer to give it a panoramic look. Thus why you can't see the trainers feet/top half of the image etc.

>>32697458
this guy gets it
>>
>>32696629
Then you would never see your map
>>
>>32696573
You know how retarded it is to put quotes in a quote right?
>>
>>32697485
What if ultra doesn't have a map?
>>
>>32697458
I knew about the top and bottom, but It looks like you can see something horizontally that isn't there in the gameplay.
>>
>>32696584
Why is that stupid? The Switch can't handle full HD. The screen is 720p
>>
>>32698598
>handheld mode is the only mode
Yeah just ignore the games that are 1080p
>>
>>32696509
>secondary characters in overworld
Does this mean what I think it means
>>
>>32699266
WALKING ANIMATIONS finally being put to use, and Anon and his squad killing Reddit in HD?!
>>
>>32696891
Monster Hunter XX released on 3ds march 25th and releasing August.

That's 6 months from previous. Maybe same thing for Pokemon
>>
>>32696509
Wonder how much of this is fake stuff mixed in with the reals, just to fuck with people when USUM were revealed,
>>
>>32696438

if they are on switch then why they still looks so shitty...
>>
File: wow, nothing.jpg (40KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
wow, nothing.jpg
40KB, 498x306px
>this whole thread
>>
>>32696509
The switch pokemon game mentionned in this leak is probably pokken.

I want to believe, but I just can't.
>>
>>32696509
>pokken not full HD

JUUUUUUUUUST
>>
>>32700061
I think they were talking about a mainline pokemon game.
>>
While we're all going completely nuts here, what do you guys make of the lack of diamond and Pearl on the shelf behind him? The space where they would be are where his head is. Notably firered and leafgreen were absent too. the johto plushies were in each video right at also their head level. If the johto starters aren't getting alola forms or megas then I think there will be a switch games on the continent with johto, kanto and sinnoh (sinjoh ruins, remember?)

I'm completely fucking nuts but as the old saying goesIT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
>>32700206
I think the johto plushies were for the Gold and Silver announcement.
>>
>>32700206
They weren't there because they didn't have the space most likely, but if it is supposed to be a hint it's because we're not getting the remakes YET. Remakes come two hardware gens after the original gen. rgby=original game boy, frlg=game boy color skipping gameboy advance; gsc=gbc, hgss=ds not gba; rse=gba, oras=3ds not ds. Of the 3ds gets its own successor gen4 remakes will go on that, if the switch truely is the only console nintendo's going to put out this hardware gen with no dedicated handheld then we might get it on switch once it's got a bigger established user base and isn't flying off shelves anymore, if not then it'll be released as part of gen8 as whatever that gets put out on will have become the most supported thing nintendo has at the time.
>>
>>32700402
*frlg=gba skipping gbc
Fuck my brain.
>>
>>32696438

This game will not be on Switch.

Would make no sense for them to do that. What they are doing is re-releasing sun and moon with a slightly different storyline, like they did with Emerald for example, and are gonna use it as an easy way to make profits for very little actual game development. While simultaneously keeping the 3ds alive and still like its own stand alone system until Nintendo dumps it.

No reason to port it to the Switch at a pure profit stand point. They would be better off starting from scratch.
>>
>>32696509
>Fifth version confirmed
Could the madmen really be brave enough to try it?
>>
>>32696495
Yes. This really is the definition of autism. Actual medical definition
>>
>>32699113
I'm not ignoring anything. Switch is less powerful than the WiiU.
>>
>>32701807
It's not though.
You're either lying or misinformed
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.