[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of them is the most practical choice for a Crystal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 152 155 158.jpg (14KB, 428x238px) Image search: [Google]
152 155 158.jpg
14KB, 428x238px
Which one of them is the most practical choice for a Crystal nuzlocke, given that the starter and Togepi are the only things you're guaranteed to get?
>>
Totodile, but as an hm slave.
>>
>>32696404
>water croc
best stats

>pikmin
bes rounded stat

>fire chink
??? (out of all the fire starters from all the regions stat wise it's the best)
>>
>>32696437
literally the shittiest reply of 2017.
>>32696404
Totodile/feraligatr are the best starters to use in a crystal nuzlocke,mine obliterated lance easily with ice punch and took down most of the gym leaders in both johto and kanto.
>>
>>32696437
Smart. Which ones does it learn?
>>
>>32696478
are you not able to look that up?
it gets cut, surf and whirlpool. bad hm slave.
>>
>>32696404
Cyndaquil. Totodile's a physical attacker, but water type moves are special. Chikorita has a rough time with the first two gyms and sprout tower. You basically have to grind Chikorita until it learns reflect for it to stand a chance against Falkner. Cyndaquil gets you through the first two gyms easy enough to have some semblance of a decent team by the time you get to Whitney. Plus, fire types aren't super common compared to water and grass in Johto. It evolves first of the three with the caviat of being latest to evolve again, but surviving to reach that point helps. If you manage to get a Geodude, though, it doesn't really matter. Geodude cleans house in this game.
>>
>>32696478
Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool.

Keep in mind that Surf and Strength are reasonably strong moves with 100% accuracy and perfect neutral coverage between them.
>>
>>32696404
You're guaranteed an Eevee, Shuckle, Spearow, Sudowoodo, Red Gyrados, and a 30% chance of shiny baby Pokemon egg from the daycare man upon first visit as well.
>>
>>32696572
And a Lapras spawns in Union Cave every Friday.
>>
>>32696572
Forgot about those, though most of them are kind of shitty, and Red Gyarados is technically not guaranteed.

Are there any early-game mons I should make an effort to find if I can?
>>
>>32696404
You're basically forced to take cyndaquil because fire types are so rare. Totodile is a fine choice if you're not worried about that. Don't pick the chic.
>>
>>32696628

You're nearly guaranteed to encounter a Geodude, and that will wreck everything early on. Sudowoodo is legit if you lose Geodude. Abra is again amazing, especially with Special elemental punches. Gyarados isn't bad either but Gen 2 is the worst gen for it. It's too bad Mareep isn't in Crystal, that thing is great.
>>
>>32696404
Totodile, hands down.
Its typing and movepool kick loads of ass late game if you keep him alive.
Ice punch, surf, earthquake. Kicks a load of ass and it hasn't got a single relevant weakness until well into johto.
>>
Totodile is great. Good move pool and is also good with Surf and Waterfall. Also ice punch
Also, you can be guaranteed a Spearow through the mail quest, but you don't wanna do that, now do you?
>>32696454
Early on it's good, but later on it gets its shit stomped in Kanto.
>>32696478
best slaves are Sentret/Furret, any flying type that can get its hands on fly (which is anything except Natu and Gyarados) and Gyarados.
>>
>>32696708
Totodile doesn't learn Waterfall.
>>
>>32696679
According to my calculations, you have an 80% chance of encountering a Geodude before the first gym.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.