[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the hardest main series game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11

Is it Gold/Silver/Crystal with their level curve or which one?
I've played almost all games except for the 3DS ones but I haven't finished the GB games
>>
>>32695063
A level curve really isn't difficulty. I'd say B2W2 would be pretty far up there for hardest because some of the harder fights have the trainers using actual competitive sets on the Pokemon and actually holding useful items like choice specs and air balloon.
>>
Challenge Mode BW2 I think.
>>
>>32695108
Really? Black 2 wasn't that hard for me until I activated challenge mode
My starter was Snivy
>>
>>32695108
>actually useful items
>air balloon
>>
>>32695108
Using better sets just means you need to be higher levels to beat them. I don't get your logic.
>>
>>32695063
Probably Gold/Silver if you include the side caves since those have the toughest layouts.
>>
>>32695063
Easy games:
>gen I
Terrible AI.
>Emerald
You can get a level 70 Rayquaza before the league.
>FRLG/DPPt
VS Seeker.
>Gen VI/VII
Exp. Share.

So we have GS, RS, HGSS, BW and BW2.
In RS you can get Groudon/Kyogre without even looking for it. With their abilities, they are stronger than most legendaries. In BW and BW2, The dark grass always gives you stronger pokemon, and you can easily put them on your team due unlimited Tms.
Now we GS and HGSS. I think the original gen II is harder due Pokemon learnsets aren't good the way they are in gen IV.
>>
>>32695222
Yeah, that's what I thought too, the physical/special split
>>
It's a turn-based menu-driven JRPG with exp growth.
The concept of difficulty is pretty abstract here.
>>
>>32695063
well I can´t say much for older games, because I hate grinding. But Gen V was hard without switch.
I didn´t finish XY without exp share and set, but there were some parts where Drapion literally whiped my whole team with even one Garchomp.

SM is also hard without exp share, especially Lurantis challenge or the kahuna in that island.
>>
Platinum. Almost every gym leader, admin, boss etc. has coverage and shit. It's brutal
>>
>>32695222
GS and HGSS are some of the easiest games in the franchise. You don't even need a legendary to make them that way, geodude + something that beats water will handle the entire game with zero effort. Most Pokemon games are that way but at least some of the other ones have opponents that aren't all shit.
>>
File: 1468558657741.jpg (47KB, 392x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468558657741.jpg
47KB, 392x375px
>>32695063
>Is it Gold/Silver/Crystal with their level curve or which one?
What are you even asking? If anything GSC are good candidates for the easiest games because the game's level curve ensures you're overleveled for a good portion of it, both in the Ecruteak-Blackthorn segment and pretty much all of Kanto.
>>
>>32695904
>Almost every gym leader has coverage
you're thinking about DP. Gym leaders/Elite Four members in Platinum are mono types.
>>32695999
Geodude is great, but still needs coverage. And Geodude is objectively weaker than legendaries that you are forced to battle in other games.
>>32696058
>pretty much all of Kanto
Maybe regular NPCs, but not gym leaders and Red.
>>
I was looking in this thread so I could ask my question.

Ok, so back in the day, if you had Red, Blue, or Yellow, and Gold, Silver, or Crystal, you could end up legitimately getting a pokemon to have two moves that clearly were not meant to be together. Basically, in first gen, you would raise a Poliwrath to a certain level, and use a TM to teach it Fissure. Then trade it over to second gen, and it learns Mind Reader by leveling up. I might be remembering parts of this wrong, I think what I did was teach my Primeape Fissure, and traded it over to second gen and bred it with a Poli to get a Poliwag born with Fissure.

Either way, gen 1 and gen 2 once linked, could give you a Poliwrath that can mind reader first time, and instant kill fissure the next. With Pokemon Bank now, will you still be able to do this? It was legal back then, just required some trading, but how about now? Its probably not that impressive anymore what with how advanced new gen pokemon stuff is.
>>
>>32696318
>With Pokemon Bank now, will you still be able to do this?
Probably. But it's nothing new, it's similar to Mind reader Articuno. And Poliwrarh learn Fissure by TM in gen I, not egg move.
>>
For me, SM.
>>
GSC level curve just makes the game way too easy for whichever path at the split you don't take first and then the rest of the game is back to regular easy, with Kanto back down to even easier with no Gym Leaders except Blue being stronger than Lance

The GB games in general are horribly easy with the nonexistent AI, more movesets, and no enemy Pokemon having any Stat EXP, with RB's absolute pure garbage movesets taking the cake
>>
>>32695063
I think I would have to go with B/W, if only for the final fight with Ghetsis and his retarded Hydreigon.
I guess that doesnt take into account the entire game though, so it's hard to say.
>>
>>32696361
Ok, my mistake. True, but Articuno is a legendary, which can be rather hard to get. Poliwrath however, anyone can get just by raising a Poliwag.
>>
File: 1358689531403.png (133KB, 474x613px) Image search: [Google]
1358689531403.png
133KB, 474x613px
>>32696110
The gym leaders, except for Blue, are all weaker than Lance. Janine's average monster level is several levels below her father who you faced earlier on in the Elite Four. Kanto is fucking weaksauce and the only trainer who puts up a fight is Red, who has been ratcheted up to the upper 70s-low 80s range to compensate for the fact that he's just one guy instead of five like in the Pokemon League.
>>
>>32696590
But Blue is still stronger than Lance. And Red is still stronger than both. And Gym leaders are overleveled if you compare to you.
>>
>>32696579
It's not a very good tactic in PvP. The opponent only needs to switch after the Mind Reader to decrease the likelihood of Fissure hitting into 30% (or 0% if they are immune to Ground). You'd need to trap the enemy with something like Whirlpool, and at that point you're taking two turns to set up for an OHKO move on the third, and that's not too impressive, nor is Poliwrath particularly bulky even by RBYGSC's standards.
>>32696644
>But Blue is still stronger than Lance. And Red is still stronger than both. And Gym leaders are overleveled if you compare to you.
The game has a very shaky level progression. NPC trainers' levels plummet on several occasions through the game, both when you take the second route from Ecruteak that you left for later, and during 90% of Kanto. Don't give me that "the gym leaders are strong enough" crap, they're boss enemies in an RPG and they're blatantly weaker than a major boss preceding them (the Elite Four gauntlet and Lance).
>>
File: 1474414600892.jpg (56KB, 750x638px) Image search: [Google]
1474414600892.jpg
56KB, 750x638px
>>32695143
>he thinks air balloon is useless
>>
>>32696761
>The game has a very shaky level progression.
We are talking about the battles, not all the progression. Red is still the strongest trainer in game, progression doesn't matter here. If the game have harder battles, the others don't matter.
>NPC trainers' levels plummet on several occasions through the game
Like many pokemon games. See my original post. Johto don't have Vs Seeker, gen Vi exp. share and others. And, unless this is your first day here, you probably say players on /vp/ complaining about overleveled trainers in gen II.
>they're boss enemies in an RPG and they're blatantly weaker than a major boss preceding them
Makes sense in-universe.
>>
>>32696881
shame you can still best Red with a team in its fifties who only have attacking coverage moves
>>
>>32696881
>Makes sense in-universe.
Sure, but it doesn't make for good JRPG design.
>see my original post
this one? >>32695222 Gen2 learnsets are shit, yes, but so are the opponents you face. It's pretty telling when the signature moves of the first two gym leaders are MUD-SLAP and FURY CUTTER.
>Johto don't have Vs Seeker, gen Vi exp. share and others.
Yes? Those are possible reasons for why other games might also be considered easy, they don't magically make GSC harder. What GSC does have in stead of that stuff is a butt-fucking-retarded level progression that turns the game to a snooze for more than half of it.
>And, unless this is your first day here, you probably say players on /vp/ complaining about overleveled trainers in gen II.
Did you make a typo somewhere in this sentence? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take away from it. Gen 2 does not have overleveled trainers, in fact for a good portion of the game they are all underleveled compared to what you were facing before. The only candidate is Red and he's the goddamn FINAL BOSS, and is filling the shoes of what would usually be a string of five trainers as your final challenge.
>>
From memory:
>R/B was hard only because I was figuring out mechanics for the first time and some wonky Gen 1 stuff. Pretty easy on repeat playthroughs, although your Rival and some of the Elite 4 can be a pain.
>Yellow is harder at the beginning due to Pikachu, but gets easy as you get the starters.
>G/S are the longest, and throws some curveballs due to level scaling and its elite four + red can be pretty brutal.
>Crystal is easier due to the random Pokemon egg + better Pokemon options without changing the main game all that much.
>R/S is fairly easy, only major challenge is a few of the oddball gyms + Elite 4 and the weird spread of Pokemon types.
>Emerald is harder due to better gym lineups, but also gives you access to lv 70 Rayquaza fairly early and Elite 4 Wallace is garbage compared to Steven.
>D/P can be pretty brutal due to some rather strong gyms + one of the hardest Elite 4 line-ups as well as wonky Pokemon distribution. Also your rival isn't a slouch like Gen 3.
>Platinum gives you far more access to stronger Pokemon and nerfs some of the challenge with gyms and the Elite 4.
>B/W is weird in that it does stuff a lot more casually like giving you recovery items at the start of gyms as well as the lucky egg, and the gyms themselves are fairly easy, but the Team Plasma stuff and Elite 4 can be brutal, as well as your rivals being decent. That and having all new Pokemon makes it more unique.
>BW2 is easier due to more access to Pokemon, understanding the new ones, and Team Plasma being less of a threat. I beat it with 4 Pokemon the entire time.
>X/Y was one of the easiest. Overpowered EXP share coupled with 2 starters, trainers giving out powerful free Pokemon, gym leaders not being a threat, and the Elite 4 being pushovers. You can avoid a lot of this, but still. On that note, ORAS was even easier.
>Sun/Moon was a lot more brutal due to more tanks, big damage buffs on moves, and level scaling near the end being more in the game's favor.
>>
>>32696451
/vp/ is the only place in the Internet that ever complains about Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Are you guys really that fucking bad at the games?
>>
>>32697065
(Cont)

I'd say that G/S, D/P, and S/M were the hardest ones with B/W also being very close due to its endgame.
>>
>>32697065
>Yellow is harder at the beginning due to Pikachu, but gets easy as you get the starters.
Yellow in general has way harder boss battles than RB since they have fully customized movesets and buffed levels, but it's true that Yellow also gives you all the starters as freebies.
>>
>>32696998
>beat, not best
But I also wrote say insted of saw, so.
And Red in gen II is harder than Red in gen IV. Look at his Bulbapedo page. Rest, Sunny day/Solar beam. Only attacking moves was in HGSS.
>>32697046
>Sure, but it doesn't make for good JRPG design.
Debatable.
>but so are the opponents you face
Play gen II. See Red moves, Hypnosis/Dream eater gengar and many others. It's sad because I'm talking about gen II with someone who never play it.
>they don't magically make GSC harder
if other games are easier, this makes GSC harder. It's still a kid's game, anyway.
>Did you make a typo somewhere in this sentence?
Yes. Saw*
>Gen 2 does not have overleveled trainers
wrong. Clair, the elite four, holy shit play the game.
>>
>>32697075
What would in your opinion be a harder fight? Because I cant think of one in the games? He's got a strong team with good coverage, and his Hydreigon caught me offguard the first time I played. I'd love to hear any harder fight.
>>
>>32697152
>wrong. Clair, the elite four, holy shit play the game.
Clair and the E4 are what I was expecting to face at that point in the game, like I said everything before Blackthorn had lower levels because they balanced the two routes you could take with a player who had just stepped out of Ecruteak in mind. Why they did not ramp up the levels again earlier during the Rocket Radio Tower incident, I will never know. After Clair the levels are in line with what I'd expect before they again go full retard after you've had your first credits roll and start conquering Kanto.
>Play gen II. See Red moves, Hypnosis/Dream eater gengar and many others
Again, Red is the fucking final boss, I'd expect him to carry a fine-tuned team especially considering he's just one trainer. Morty's Gengar? The one that gets destroyed by Normal types and Awakening items?
>>
>>32697275
>Clair and the E4 are what I was expecting to face at that point in the game
Ok, you. But like I said, spend a time on /vp/. You will see a lot of players saying that these battles are harder due the level.
>The one that gets destroyed by Normal types and Awakening items?
I could say something similar about 99% of trainers in any pokemon game.
>>
>>32695063
Either Platinum, Emerald or BW2. GSC may have a fucked level curve, you still have things like Twister Dragonite and the Elemental Punches being TMs. Even with hard hitting pokemon like Red's Espeon, immunities are extremely abusive and go a very long way in Gen 2 due to the shit movepools so nearly half of Reds team can get completely walled by a Dark, Ground, and Ghost type. respectively. Also Curselax is legit broken but thats a whole other story.
Gen 6 and 7 will always be excluded due to the free megas/z-moves and the Amie/REfresh bonuses as well as the EXP share.
>>
BW2 challenge mode is guaranteed most difficult, gym leaders actually have pretty good teams which are boosted all by a few levels and 30IV overall
>>
>>32697321
>I could say something similar about 99% of trainers in any pokemon game.
Exactly, which is why I wonder why you brought it up as an example in the first place.
>>
>>32697421
>moving goalposts this hard
>>32697046
>Gen2 learnsets are shit, yes, but so are the opponents you face.
Because you complained about pokemon movesets. Gen 2 movesets aren't shit.
>>
>>32697451
>Gen2 Pokemon learnsets are shit
>Gen2 enemy movesets are shit, making them simple to circumvent with basic strategy just like in most other Pokemon games
>???
The only times I've felt particularly threatened by strategies used by NPC trainers or the coverage their monsters have are parts of Diamond/Pearl and 5th gen.

If I had to name the hardest games, I'd go for either B2W2 challenge mode like >>32697387, or DP like >>32697065.
>>
B2W2 Challenge mode > Platinum >> everything else

Every gym leader, elite 4 member and admin/boss had a decent-great team and the developers actually knew what coverage moves were.

The rest are garbage, B2W2 normal mode included.
>>
Platinum
>>
>>32697515
>>32697528
>having to resort to a post game locked challenge mode
lol
>>
Does gen 2's level curve fix itself if you use traded mons?
>>
>>32697528
>Every gym leader, elite 4 member and admin/boss had a decent-great team and the developers actually knew what coverage moves were
Platinum, obviously.
>>
>>32697562
technically you can unlock it on your first run if you have a friend with B2

and in terms of level curve and movesets, challenge mode is leagues ahead of all other games
>>
sun moon if you don't use the casualshare
>>
>>32697599
>SM
>hard
Second easiest next to GSC.
>>
>>32697590
>needs ANOTHER system, game and or friend to even start playing
Gen 5 was a mistake.
Gen 5's only valuable contribution was challenge mode and most people didn't get to play it because of incompetence.
>>
>>32697590
they jewed you majorly by not letting either game unlock all other modes on the other. fuck, the mere fact they weren't available standalone from game start was a jew move

I bet miyamoto the happy mask merchant did this
>>
>>32697621
t. casualshare
>>
The grind before the Elite 4 in R/S/E was a pretty awfuk slog. Maybe not Emerlald because of the PokeNav but Ruby and Sapphire for sure
>>
>>32697515
Your only argument against gen II is: It have a lot of easier trainers, therefore, it's not hard.
But Red is a good boss, opponents uses good teams with good movesets, and opponents are oveleved. No matter what argument you are gonna say, you can't deny those.
My argument on why GSC was harder is due the lack of a deus ex machina pokemon or item. But, like >>32697357 said, there is Curselax. So it's easier than I thought. I saw that due him, not you.
So, I'm also gonna say that DP is algo hard due limited pokedex, I still can't see RS as a hard game and BW and BW2 it's hard for me to see those games as harder games. Due the overleveled wild pokemon and unlimited TMs, this makes the game easy as fuck. The AI is great, but even if you lost a battle, you can change half of your team in less than 5 minutes. I can't see this as a hard game.
>>
>>32697653
>DP is also hard due
typo again.
And, in case you didn't understand, gen II is still harder if you compare to other games.
>>
>>32697647
>calling anyone else a casual when you're finding the easiest Pokemon game hard
Nigga most trainers have one Pokemon.
>>
>>32697621
Nigga , play the games.
>>
>>32697702
t. casualshare
>>
>>32697712
Take your own advice.
I bet you think that Hau fight in Maile was hard too don't you
>>
>>32697755
You said that SM are the Second easiest next to GSC.
Explain how gen I is harder than those.
>>
>>32697653
>opponents are overleveled.
>No matter what argument you are gonna say, you can't deny those.
I can and I will.
Red indeed has inflated levels, but that's because he's alone unlike most other final challenges in Pokemon endgame. Him having somewhat decent movesets is something that's expected of every game in the series except for Red/Blue where only one Pokemon in a boss trainer's team had one special move inserted. Otherwise I stand by my claim that a great portion of GSC's trainers are vastly UNDERleveled in relation to you and your progress through the game.
>My argument on why GSC was harder is due the lack of a deus ex machina pokemon or item. But, like >>32697357 said, there is Curselax.
If we're looking for the path of least resistance to beating each game, it's worth looking at routes through the game labbed by speedrunners. Picking Totodile as your starter and teaching it decent moves is a pretty good "I win" button for gen2.
>>
>>32697784
>Red indeed has inflated levels
So he is overleveled. Simple as that. Glad you agree.
>"I win" button for gen2.
Like any other gen.
>>
>>32695139
>have w2 postgame to do
>link with friend's b2 key
>a twist mountain worked creamed me
it was so great
>>
>>32697764
>Explain how gen I is harder than those.
For starters half of the game is fucking broken to the point where even the NPCs can get some lucky kills.
>>
Platnium is objectively the hardest, definitely.
>>
File: rcyvgu.jpg (52KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
rcyvgu.jpg
52KB, 583x414px
>>32697803
>he have problem beating gen I
>>
>>32697799
>Like any other gen.
EXACTLY. It's hardly productive to discuss how good the Pokemon selection in a given game is when there's still going to be easy, overpowered picks to choose from regardless. This is why I would rather base my argument on what games are easier and harder than others based on JRPG design tropes like Exp gain and level progression balancing instead of stuff like the movesets carried by opposing trainers. Monster learnsets and enemy trainers' moves both keep improving as the series goes through further iterations, cancelling each other out as a relevant argument.

And Red is not overleveled, he is fairly leveled when you consider that he, like I must have said a dozen times already, is a LONE TRAINER in place of what is traditionally FIVE TRAINERS IN SUCCESSION.
>>
File: 1476756242121.jpg (38KB, 231x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476756242121.jpg
38KB, 231x232px
>>32697827
>he has a problem beating SM
>>
>>32697872
No, i didn't. But gen I was much easier. :^)
>>
File: 1484163661739.png (120KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484163661739.png
120KB, 403x403px
>>32697599
>>32697712
I refuse to believe you people exist.
How can anyone be that retarded.
>>
>>32697866
>EXACTLY
ok.
>Red is not overleveled
>Red indeed has inflated levels
ok.
>>
>>32697885
>N-no...
So which is it, is SM hard or easy?
>>
>>32697905
Inflated levels in comparison to trainers that you would have faced had GSC's final challenge been a second round of the Pokemon League, instead of just Red.

Is that a thorough enough explanation of my train of thought?
>>
>>32697893
did you also have problem beating gen I?
>>32697915
Of course SM is easy as fuck, but look at gen I.
>>
Hard to say; they're all piss easy. The hardest ones to finish for me are RSE but that's because I get bored by the 7th gym and lose interest.
>>
The only battles in the franchise is is acceptable to have lost ever are 1) blue after the cave 2) barry and his hax staravia 3) whitney.
>>
>>32697928
>Inflated levels
So he is overleveld. You don't have an argument.
>>
>>32697932
>Of course SM is easy as fuck, but look at gen I.
So you found SM hard then.
Pathetic.
>>
>>32697932
>did you also have problem beating gen I?
Who cares about Gen 1?
Everything in SM is designed to give the player the best possible advantage even without the EXP share.
You would have to be braindead to find it even remotely hard.
>>
>>32697961
let's just say I had to switch one or two times in SM.
>>32697980
>Who cares about Gen 1?
The guy who said that gen I is harder.
>>
>>32697945
>blue after the cave
No. You should be healed and ready to explore at this point.

>Barry
lel

>Whitney
Only if the RNG screws you with Attract/flinch
>>
>>32697980
Are you retarded or something?
>>
File: 1456322897990.png (490KB, 1528x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1456322897990.png
490KB, 1528x1248px
>>32697957
>>
>>32698015
EXACTLY.
>>
>>32697994
>The guy who said that gen I is harder.
And? Every game is piss easy but SM takes things to a whole new level.

>>32698011
You're really going to call me retarded.
Can you read?
>>
>>32697997
>i buy healing items to restore my party to full hp after finishing any major area instead of completely relying on consumables i find laying around
pleb
>>
>>32698029
>Every game is piss easy but SM takes things to a whole new level.
I'm not gonna deny this, you retard. But RBGY is so fucking easy. Somehow even easier.
>>
File: 1481880467846.png (258KB, 631x718px) Image search: [Google]
1481880467846.png
258KB, 631x718px
>>32698021
In all seriousness, though, stop being such a dense motherfucker on purpose when I already explained what I meant with my wording. One trainer = easier than five trainers. One trainer with higher levels = roughly equal amount of challenge.
>>
>>32698050
>One trainer = easier than five trainers
No. This trainer is much more overleveled. You can use items between battles to recover your pokemon, so doesn't matter how many battles you had before.
>>
>>32697152
No, I'm saying even with a very under leveled team you can beat him with only attacking moves, I've done it several times. I don't know the inner workings for sure but I'm pretty sure no trainers in the first two generations have any Stat EXP which makes them less and less of hassles for lower level Pokemon as the game goes on.

Also to best someone means to defeat or overcome them, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>32698040
>implying I even use healing items outside of battle
>implying I don't just go to the pokemon center first thing when I reach a new town
>>
>>32698091
>No, I'm saying even with a very under leveled team you can beat him with only attacking moves
holy shit, this again. You can do this in any pokemon game. The game may not be hard, since it's a kid's game, but it's harder if you compare to others.
>>
>>32698127
Nah, not nearly as easily.
>>
>>32698124
>>implying I even use healing items outside of battle
>he uses healing items in battle and thinks he's not a pleb

the whole point of the blue fight was intercepting you after a long area before you could get to the pokemon center
>>
>>32698047
>But RBGY is so fucking easy. Somehow even easier.
Seriously how fucking retarded do you have to be to find SM harder?
RBY can at the very least dwindle your PP but there's not enough trainers between routes to do that in SM and it doesn't help that most of them have one mon.
Caves are also a straight line too with abysmal encounter rates compared to most games.

It's one of the easiest games to date.
>>
>>32698177
actually, yes. Again, see my original post. Do I have to do this all over again?
>>
>>32698077
If you would finish reading my post, you would see that I also said
>One trainer with higher levels = roughly equal amount of challenge.
If we want to talk item usage, the League can indeed be beaten by stocking up on Potions and stuff like that. But Red is equally easy to beat by buying stat-increasing items like X Defend, no?
It's not really worth it to fixate so much on the final boss alone, anyway. You should have your team in tip top shape at this point and you have all the resources in the world to buy the items you might need. I argue that GSC are easy games because of strange oversights in basic JRPG design that leaves opponents underleveled for much of the game's length. The exceptions to this underleveled-ness are the beginning of the game (which is just as easy as early game in Pokemon tends to be), the midpoint from Blackthorn until the 3rd quarter of the game ending at the Indigo Plateau (likewise mirroring the level of challenge of most other games in the series, the only exception being that rather than resolving the evil team subplot like usual, you beat the Pokemon League at this point in the game), and the very last legs of the game, from gym leader Blue to Pkmn Trainer Red.
>>
>>32698221
>If you would finish reading my post, you would see that I also said
Holy shit, I'm tired. And if you see my original post, we are talking about the items that the game let you use. You can recover between battles, use X defense, whatever. IN ANY GAME. Like I said, other games give you Vs. seeker to overleveld your pokemon easy, legendaries for free, go on.
We are backpedaling now.
>>
File: 1496274077069.png (106KB, 301x203px) Image search: [Google]
1496274077069.png
106KB, 301x203px
>Gold/Silver
>Hard

Holy shit. Are you 10?
>>
>>32698196
Nah. I replayed all the games a few months ago. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>32698302
That's not even the start of things.
/vp/ has fallen into a dire state.
>>
>>32698270
I suppose we are. But as you yourself agreed, items indeed let you surmount significant level differences in all games. As such, can we consider your comment:
>You can use items between battles to recover your pokemon, so doesn't matter how many battles you had before.
to hold much relevance in the first place, then? I already explained how items make Red easy-peasy as well.
Vs. Seeker seems hardly relevant, too. It merely makes grinding for levels faster than just fighting wild Pokemon... but spending more time does not mean a game is more difficult, and the games are easy enough that you should not need to grind in the first place.
>>
>>32698178
Except that you have reached a pokemon center unless you went straight for the bridge like a dumbfuck
>>
Pokemon Black and White

It only had gen 5 exclusive mons

Great story though
>>
>>32695063
No game requires grinding, you're supposed to be underleveled for bosses. Diamond and Pearl are the hardest due to limited tms while leaders/e4 have competitive sets and evasion spam.
>>
>>32698368
To add to this post, I'd say that bringing in elements like the possibility of grinding automatically destroys any discussion about the difficulty in these games, because if you grind your ass off then obviously there is *no* challenge whatsoever and trying to see which of them is hardest at that point is a pointless exercise. As such I would also support talking about Gen6/7 with the Exp Share off... if the default setting wasn't it being on, which it unfortunately is, making XY & ORAS strong competition for GSC as easiest Pokemon games. (I think SM are still a notch above, though.)

Also, although I've been taking care to talk about GSC only, I would say that HGSS are indeed not in danger of being accused of being the easiest, as Kanto's level curve was thankfully adjusted by quite a bit, even if Johto's wasn't.
>>
>>32698178
Also, I only use healing items in wild battles when some asshole Golbat or something won't let me flee
>>
>>32695063
I haven't ever really been very challenged by any Pokémon games. I played all of the way through Silver and Crystal when I was younger and didn't have any problems, bar the Red fight.

I did hit a few roadblocks in SM, however. The game was kind of easy after I got a stable team, but I still blacked out a few times. I didn't use the ShitShare or grind, and ended up about a dozen levels underleveled for the Kekui fight.

SM, despite not being very hard, are, comparatively speaking, probably the hardest games in the series.
>>
File: 1458538589929.jpg (34KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1458538589929.jpg
34KB, 300x343px
>>32698732
>but I still blacked out a few times.
>and ended up about a dozen levels underleveled for the Kekui fight.
Every day /vp/ gets more and more casual.
>>
>>32698465
Thank God GF learned their lesson and never forced us to use only (shitty) new Pokemon again
>>
>>32699126
Yeah instead they made less and padded the game with old pokemon.
>>
>when you've beaten all the trainers in RB but need to level up
>>
>>32698180
t. casualshare
>>
>>32699804
>alolasomes
>>
>>32695063
Objectively gold and silver are the hardest games just because of Kanto being included. Red is also the hardest battle in the entire series so there is that too.
>>
>>32699861
>Red is also the hardest battle in the entire series so there is that too.
Grinding =/= difficulty
Red is embarrassingly easy but the problem is that you need a mon that's at least level 60 or you won't have the stats to deal with it.
>>
>>32699904
Pokemon isn't a difficult game to begin with, objectively having higher level Pokes will make the game harder. Maybe it's not difficult but for a Pokemon game it's Contra.
>>
>>32699820
just admit you had the casualshare on.

I don't think your opinion on what's difficult is relevant when you make things 200% easier for yourself
>>
>>32699970
>just admit you had the casualshare on.
Maybe when it becomes true.
For now, I'll continue to shit on casuals like yourself.

Seriously though, what parts did you find difficult?
How could you end up under leveled?
>>
>>32700038
if you don't end up severely underleveled with the casualshare off you must have grinded for hours on end on wild pokemon.

stop lying and go back to your casualshare
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.