[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

So what does /vp think about the clothing choices in Pokemon? Are they fashion forward or impractical?
>>
>>32680035

Post this to /fa/, nobody on this board knows how to dress themselves. (Neither does anybody on /fa/ but you'll get better discussion there)
>>
>RGBY

Run of the mill adventure clothes, practical for almost any situation.

>GSC

I always thought shorts and long sleeves looked kinda stupid but I mean it's not the worst choice. Gotta keep warm somehow.

>RSE

Fuck Brendan's hat, I always thought that was hair. Also wearing long pants and a jacket in a tropical region with an active volcano is stupid. Emerald outfits are fine except for Brendan's double pants.

>FRLG

Same game different gen

>DP

Sinnoh has pretty diverse climate so the scarves are... I guess okay? They aren't gonna keep you warm in a blizzard.

>Pt

Dawn looks like she's dressing for Christmas, Lucas looks pompous but prepared for adventuring in Sinnoh.

>HGSS

Same as GSC really, no surprise

>BW

I would consider wearing what Hilbert's got on. Hilda's pockets look like a gen 8 Pokemon.

>BW2

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WEARING SPEEDO BRAND TIGHTS UNDER YOUR SHORTS, AND WHY BOTHER WEARING A FUCKING VISOR IF YOUR HAIR IS LONG ENOUGH TO ALMOST HIDE IT NATE YOU FUCKWIT

Rosa's a cutie patootie tho

>XY

Subject to change based on how much money grinding you do
>>
>>32680035
>Best outfit
M: Hilbert and Calem
F: Serena/Yvonne

>Worst outfit
M: G/S Ethan
F: Leaf
>>
>>32680035
I always liked May's outfit the best. Looks good and is practical for the region she lives in. Dawn confuses me, especially in Platinum. She wears a coat, scarf, and boots to prepare for the cold, but keeps the miniskirt and knee high socks anyway? The outfit is cute at least.
>>
>Most Favorite Male outfit:
HGSS, BW and B2W2

>Least Favorite Male outfit:
RS

>Most Favorite Female outfit:
BW RS

>Least Favorite Female outfit:
Pt B2W2
>>
>G1 Red
Meh. Normie clothes.

>Gold
More normie clothes, mostly. The red/yellow/black is a loud choice but it's not bad. Weird how the PokeGear clips onto his jacket sleeve and not on his wrist or in his pocket. Also apparently those black bands on his jacket near the waist are clips to hold Poke Balls, which is a fucking stupid place for that.

>Kris
Always been turned-off by how her shirt clings to her body, it's very unflattering to her body shape. Same with the shorts. Also don't like how plain the shirt is, although that's what the jacket is for, I assume. I agree with >>32680086 on the matter of long sleeves and shorts in this case.

>RS Brendan
The absolute worst of them all. Gross red/black color scheme, ugly shirt, ugly pants, stupid hat, not utilitarian in any way considering the region he's in, and for god's sake take your fucking pantlegs out of your fucking shoes, you look like a twat.

>RS May
I've always been fine with this, but looking at it closely, some weird things jump out at me. For one, the flat white pencil skirt over bicycle shorts is a weird move. I guess it matches the gloves, but that's the other thing - full-hand non-fingerless gloves? It's not as bad as Brendan, but again I must bring up the setting and how silly this seems for that. Also, creepy black fingers. Bandana's a nice touch.

>G3 Red
Same shit, really. I never really noticed how his jacket is actually a vest in this generation. I like how the VS Seeker mounts on the backpack, it's a nice little detail.

>Leaf
Elegantly simple. Not too many colors or wacky designs, but still some iconic features. The two pleats on the skirt help add some tasteful asymmetry without complicating the design. The only odd thing here are the baggy socks. They look like legwarmers and make me think she's part of some 80s fad, but apparently it's a common schoolgirl item in Japan.
>>
File: IMG_1540.jpg (7KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1540.jpg
7KB, 140x140px
>>32680035
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOOOSE
>>
>>32681292

>E Brendan
The shirt is better now that the sleeves are gone. Orange helps distance from that icky "ow the edge" vibe of the previous color scheme. The green also helps add some color. But EUGH, double pants. And they're STILL TUCKED INTO HIS SHOES AAAAAGH.

>E May
I like how it's a full departure from the previous design. The shirt is now full sleeveless and extends all the way down to where the skirt would have been, eliminating that odd extra skirt in the previous design. The bandana is green now which also adds that extra bit of color. I really like this one overall.

>DP Lucas
More normie clothes, really, minus the scarf and the flatcap. I think the scarf looks a little out of place with the rest of his wardrobe, like it's only there just to add color. It's visually appealing but practically pointless.

>DP Dawn
I will never not love this design personally, but it is full of oddities. I've never been able to tell if it's a single-piece minidress or a spiky black shirt over a pink skirt, but it's odd either way. That skirt is WAY too fucking short practically, especially in a region where you're supposed to tread snow up to your eyes. I mean, shit, she's even wearing boots, a scarf, and a warm hat! But no, miniskirt and no sleeves. Are you a dumbass, Dawn? Also, I don't know how I feel about that hyper V-neck. There's a shirt underneath it, but I don't know how this is appropriate for an underage.

>Pt Lucas
Standard black slacks, what looks to be a red sweater, and a nice jacket with a pompous collar and a thick plush asskicking scarf. I would wear this if I had it.

>Pt Dawn
Cute a shit but a fucking disaster. The whole point of this redesign was because Sinnoh was reimagined as colder than it originally was. There's even snow on the goddamn ground in her hometown. So WHY is she still in a hyper miniskirt? She's got the full winter set but no fucking pants. How can you be this retarded??
>>
>Favorite outfit
Male: Emerald, BW
Female: Emerald, Platinum, BW, XY

>Least favorite outfit
Male: RS, XY
Female: FRLG

Overall, my favorite's probably Dawn's Platinum outfit. The skirt is inconvenient since she has to deal with the snowy weather, but it looks cute and I'm just a lover of winter clothes. Emerald May is a close second, though.
>>
>>32680081
Post the thread if anyone does this, should be interesting.
>>
>>32681339

>Ethan
Gold, but no stupid jacket clips and capris instead of shorts. I like that they took out the yellow in the shorts and just went for flat black, it reigns in the colors.

>Lyra
I like how they standardized her design with Ethan's; these two match together more closely than any other pair. They're wearing damn near the same jacket. The blue overalls on a red shirt has spawned so many Mario comparisons, but I like it. What I can't wrap my head around are the socks - I mean, acute zettai ryoiki with short-shorts that are also overalls? Mind blown. Also, that bigass hat with the bigass bow is way too much.

>Hilbert
More normie clothes. I'd probably wear this too. Although stop taking shoe tips from Brendan.

>Hilda
I like how it's a simplistic design but with tastefully added flair in small places. The pockets are dumb, yes, but they add a sharpness to the design. Her hair also fulls out the details that the outfit lacks. Honestly if she didn't have such outrageous hair she probably wouldn't pull this outfit off.

>Nate
What's with the fucking underarmor? Jacket's okay, but what the fuck's up with those rocket booster grey shorts? And that bigass fucking laptop bag? I know you're supposed to fit a bicycle in there but geeze dude. I personally like the visor though, it lets us give the male protagonist some interesting hair for once while still keeping the "must have a hat" rule.

>Rosa
What a hot fucking mess. Off the charts adorable, but a disaster. The pastel blue, yellow, and pink in the outfit clash way too harshly with the black leggings. The shorts are so bloody strange and pointless, who wears these? They don't even meet up with the shirt on her hips and the black leggings stick out and clash with all the colors, it looks so bad! Add the donuts and streamers for hair and you have a complete clusterfuck of a wardrobe.
>>
>>32681419

>Serena
I have no way to know if this is proper "French" attire but the only strange choice I see here is how high the skirt is on her waist.

>Calem
Oh look, another blue jacket. Haven't seen one of those before. With jeans this time, though, which I can't decide whether they tie the outfit together or if they make it too same-y. I don't know how I feel about the super high boots with the rest of the design either. And stop talking to Brendan.

I'd comment Sun and Moon but I think three and a half posts is enough autism for one thread.
>>
>>32681425
Nah, I agree with pretty much all of this, except for Rosa (my problem is actually with the shirt, a bit bland) and Calem (I find the boots pretty cool)
>>
>>32681425
I appreciate your autism desu and would read more.
>>
>>32680035
Hilbert is top tier desu.
>>
>>32681425
>I have no way to know if this is proper "French" attire

As a French, it's not like it's the most common thing, but yeah you sometimes see girls wear their skirts high like that.

Calem is French enough too, though the boots aren't really typical for men (and his hair is too long).
>>
Fashion is a joke.
>>
>>32682170
t. pleb who can't dress
>>
>>32680086
>GSC
That's actually a way japanese dress themselves in zones where it's prone to rain in hot weather.
>>
>>32680233
That's what fashion victims wear in cold weather, people are stupid like that.
>>
>>32680035
I don't care what anyone says, every single protag Trainer is so fucking fashionable.

Except you, Serena. Your outfit irks me.
>>
>>32681314
Pulled down socks
>>
>>32681314
they're joshikousei socks
>>
>>32680035
It's funny the difference between DP and Pt, in DP Lucas looks like he's only wearing his shirt and a scarf and both characters have their arms exposed, and then in Pt they realized how stupid that was for characters that were in a region that had plenty of snowed zones and how little they would last wearing those clothes so now they gave them clothes that actually gives them a better chance at a cold environment
>>
The only ones that aren't /fa/ are Brendan R/S, Lyra, Nate and Hero
>>
>>32680194
>Leaf and G/S Ethan bad
Terrible taste
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.