[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>giving a single shit about mainline Pokemon after they shat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: black-white[1].jpg (42KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white[1].jpg
42KB, 469x210px
>giving a single shit about mainline Pokemon after they shat out trash like X/Y, ORAS, and SuMo

Get the fuck out

Gen V was the last good gen.
>>
Than why are you even here?
>>
>>32676287
It's faggots like you that give GenVfags a bad name.
>>
>>32676287
have sum faith if u have no faith then why are u even here
>>
I still remember when gen 5 was the most hated thing on this board. Really makes you think....
>>
op you're just a sad little boy
>>
>SuMo
>>
>>32676452
We never thought it could get worse.
>>
>>32676452
/vp/ just have bad tastes, that's all.
>>
The only game they've done worse than BW1 is SM.
>>
>>32676287

gen V > gen VII > gen III > gen I > gen II = gen IV > gen VI

gen I gets points for having a sense of wonder and discovery as the first in the series. If we don't consider that though then it's the worst, as the game is pretty basic without much to talk about.

gen II is supremely overrated for having two regions. While that's nice and I'd like to see more of it, the rest of the game is pretty uninspired with comparison to the rest of the series

gen III gets points for adding a ton of good mechanics to the game, awesome side content (contests), the first appearance of the battle frontier, and a high quality main game

gen IV was also fairly uninspired, but it did have some good ideas.

gen V (specifically B2W2) has the most to do out of any pokemon game ever, so it's the best one imo

gen VI was an unfinished tech demo

gen VII fiddled with the formula by removing gyms and adding trials, totem pokemon battles were a fantastic idea, mechanically interesting new pokemon, enjoyable main game story progression, and proves that 3D pokemon games don't have to be bland and lacking an attention to detail
>>
File: 1331.png (171KB, 532x386px) Image search: [Google]
1331.png
171KB, 532x386px
Oh, this thread again.
>>
File: 1490424770172.png (89KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
1490424770172.png
89KB, 640x290px
>>32676287
SuMo wasn't that bad. Remember when Gen 5 introduced Gems? Well Z-moves are similar to Gems, but 10x much better.
>>
>>32676675

strictly speaking, gems are still at least a little relevant because of acrobatics and unburden
>>
>>32676452
/vp/ is 90% underaged nostalgia babbies. Expect X/Y shilling in 1-2 years.
>>
>>32676675
>SuMo

Leave.
>>
Gen 5 sucks
>>
>>32676287
Uh sorry sweetie. Gen 4 was. Anything after was just the series going downhill.
>>
>>32676548
are you me?

But I must admit that gen VII had amazing atmosphere. During playing that I literally felt like I was on a vacation. There are still issues like, to less story regarding hau and gladion and that fishing biggest shit ever, but game is great especially the story.
>>
>>32676731

Yeah they did a really good job making the region feel alive and vibrant and atmospheric, between the ambient pokemon cries, music, and interesting areas. Po Town is probably one of the best areas in a pokemon game to date.

The reason it's not the best is: lack of side content, unfinished areas (poni island), and like you said, hau being the most annoying fucking organism on the planet

But otherwise it's real good. If stars is a thing that happens I hope they fix most of these issues
>>
>>32676785
>hau being the most annoying fucking organism on the planet
I agree with the rest of your post but fuck off Hau is a bro!
>>
gen v was absolute garbage, op is retarded
>>
>>32676799

You're not wrong, he is a bro. But he's also super annoying. I was so tired of him talking about malasada by island three that I wanted to throttle him. Then he disappeared for all of island four and gave me a sweet reprieve where I didn't have to deal with him for a while, which was sorely needed
>>
Gen V was the best, and last good gen.

Thank you.

Seriously when B/W came out... and then B/W2 CAME OUT.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

That was the perfect sequel. Holy shit man.
>>
>SuMo
>I only like Platinum and B2W2
>thread that has been made 1,000,000 times before- just not as clever as its predecessors

the only question now is what brought him, summer or Direct hype train?
>>
gen 5 was the last and only bad gen so far
>>
>>32676877

why?
>>
>>32676785
>hau being the most annoying fucking organism on the planet
nah anon you misunderstood me. I actually liked all the story regarding you hau and galdion. But It felt way too short. You meet hau one or two times and suddenly you are best friends. Same with gladion, he doesn´t like you, then you meet him again on during 4vs4 and suddenly after that you became friends.

It´s just that the story felt a little bit rushed and not skipping cutscenes are also shit. But yeah the game really feels rushed. Like the cowboy city, you can´t enter the lighthouse or the ho-oh like tower in the garden.
>>
>>32676548
that's some top tier taste anon.
>>
File: 1368969422890.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1368969422890.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>People keep gushing about how much better the sequels were
>They were an overall bland experience whereas B/W was the fun kind of experimental

I don't get it. Maybe it's because I never really cared for the PWT or battle tower.
>>
>>32676854
oh my lord please fuck off
>>
>>32677167
I like B2W2 more overall, but I kinda feel this. BW were kind of a risk, yet it was still solid as fuck and flowing with personality.

A bit of Unova's identity was lost with all the additions to the regional dex, past characters, etc.
>>
>>32676548
Gen 7 definitely doesn't deserve to be that high.
>>
>>32676452
>I still remember when gen 5 was the most hated thing on this board
And then /vp/ actually played the games.
>>
>SuMo
>implying SM wasn't better than XY
I enjoyed all the QoL improvements made in XY, ORAS and SM and gen 5 is still my favorite gen.

>>32676452
VP still hates Gen 5. They just like BW2 because it gives you a bunch of old pokemon regardless of them being in those routes making sense.
>>
>>32676287
Garbage opinion detected
Just fuck right off, kid.
>>
>SuMo
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>32676287

>this meme again
>>
>>32676548
Otherwise good taste is ruined by Gen 7 being anywhere the top. Get the fuck outta here, you easily impressed child.
>>
>>32679474
SM is unplayable garbage.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.