[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled SM were shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: P06.jpg (24KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
P06.jpg
24KB, 320x400px
Now that the dust has settled

SM were shit.
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>32674462
>>
I haven't replayed a Pokemon game since Black and White.
>>
>>32674470
Even XY had more replayability than SM.
Fuck, I didn't even FINISH SM its replayability is that bad.
>>
File: opinion simulator.png (100KB, 827x421px) Image search: [Google]
opinion simulator.png
100KB, 827x421px
>>32674462
>>
>>32674470
Go play Black 2 and White 2 then.
>>
>>32674510
Haha. Gen 6 was a fucking disaster, fuck off.
>>
>>32674510
I can't w8 for gen 8!
>>
Name one 20+ years running franchise that has been more mishandled by its owners than Pokemon by Gamefreak and TPCi.

Literally the only part they haven't failed on are creature designs. The main series games are as flawed as ever and I'm glad I finally realized that that my time is better spent playing other games that understand and respect their audience.
>>
>>32674880
>Name one 20+ years running franchise that has been more mishandled by its owners than Pokemon by Gamefreak and TPCi
Sonic. Mega Man. Spyro.
>>
>>32674880
Simpsons
>>
>>32674880
family guy. i can keep going
>>
>>32674880
>me and intellectual

It's just a video game you entitled prick
>>
All the new pokemon sucked. i could care less about the removed features from XY, but none of the new regular mons are competitively viable. even worse, theyre not that great in-game. i expected guys like Mudsdale, Golisopod, Crabominable and Incineroar would be okay but the rest are horse shit
>>
>>32674978
It's entitled to expect a video game to be good?
>>
>>32674462

I don't really think so. I like a lot of the design space (mechanically) of the new mons, z-moves are neat (esp z-status moves), great music, some great characters, and the atmosphere in some of the areas was real good (po town especially).

The real downside of the games were that parts were clearly unfinished, which is disappointing.
>>
>>32674880
Literally like every single long-running video game series turns to shit at some point regardless of the genre. See for example: Crash, Spyro, Castlevania, Assassin's Creed, Lego games, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Ratchet & Clank. You act as if new Pokemon games are anywhere near as bad as the stuff I mentioned above. I'd take XY and ORAS any day over Crash mutant games, Spyro's Skylander bullshit, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 or Mirror of Fate, any of the glitchy trainwreck AssCreed games released after AC III, any modern Lego games that have completely abandoned the original humor and style of the old games, RE6, the complete abomination that is SH Homecoming or any of the horrendous R&C games like Quest for Booty or All 4 One. The point is, Pokemon has actually been very like and surprisingly consistent with its quality. You can hardly call it "mishandled" since the core gameplay has remained unchanged and there's no crossover bullshit or anything ridiculous like that. I guess most of /vp/ doesn't even realize how lucky the Pokemon fanbase is. If you think we've had it bad, you should probably move to >>>/v/ and complain there.
>>
>>32674462
>Beat Sun
>Can't bring myself to finish Moon

This is the first time this has happened.
>>
Pokemon stopped being amazing after WB2, SuMo were only slightly better than XY.
>>
>>32675130
The point is, Pokemon has actually been very lucky*

Should always double check before posting
>>
Sun and Moon were the best games.
>>
>>32675078

Other things I liked as I think of them:

-ambient pokemon cries was a great atmospheric touch
-totem pokemon were an awesome mechanic that I hope they revisit and explore more
-"secret" areas with rarer pokemon that the game doesn't railroad you into
-lack of hms
-willingness to experiment with the formula and not just do gyms forever. Some of the trials were hit and miss, but they were pretty refreshing on the whole.
-interesting lore
-pokepelago

Sun and moon were pretty good, I think. They didn't quite reach their potential, as areas of the game were clearly unfinished (example, island 4 as a whole). If it weren't for that, and a bit of a lack of side content, Sun and moon would be contenders for best pokemon game.
>>
File: 1493617809406.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493617809406.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>32674462
I loved SM. I'm not going to call them flawless. They weren't. There were a lot of flaws, but three of them were big enough to affect every playthough.

Encounter rates, for one. They were fucked up beyond belief. There were more Wingull in Alola than all Alolan Pokemon combined.
Second was the size. Even someone like me, who really loved the atmosphere and look of the region, and loved how it was designed, was disappointed with the size. It was too small. Especially the caves that aren't on Poni Island. They were just too small to even be called caves.
Third was the lack of a skip button. This was not a problem for me personally, as I have enjoyed the cutscenes even after 3 playthroughs, but I can easily imagine someone who just wants to play being annoyed by the large amount of cutscenes in the beginning and the end.

Besides these three, SM were great. There were a few minor things too, like the replacement of PSS with Plaza, but they aren't big enough to matter. Plaza is more inconvenient if you want to play online, but it also has a lot of helpful features at higher level than PSS did. And even though it is inferior to PSS in a few areas, but it is still better than anything that wasn't PSS, so better than the vast majority of Pokemon games. Thus, I would say these things aren't going to negatively affect any playthrough enough to matter.

Out of the big flaws, the only one that mattered to me was the first one. The encounter rates. As I mentioned earlier, I liked the region and did not need a skip button for cutscenes. On the other hand, SM introduced and updated many things to the point I would absolutely love them, including but not limited to Alolan forms, Pelago, difficulty, story and characters, trials and totem Pokemon, Z-move, Poke Ride, Refresh and so on.

So overall, I loved SM. Tied with BW2 as my favorite games in the series. So, I disagree with you. They were not the worst.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.