[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

Creativity.
>>
>>32672304
Hoenn is great.
>>
So I can't help but gainan appreciation for Breloom, now that I'm taking the time out to look at it properly. It's not the world's most popular pokémon but I know it has its fans, and I rather like the novel idea that Grumpy Cat Mushroom evolves into Kangaroo Velociraptor Mushroom McStretchy Arms.

It even has base 130 Attack, which I didn't even know.
>>
>>32672304
overrated piece of shit
>>
>>32672304
>>32672524
Hoenn is shit
>>
File: 1479411742346.jpg (139KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
1479411742346.jpg
139KB, 737x545px
>>
>Grumpy Cat Mushroom
Are you fucking dumb? Shroomish is clearly supposed to resemble a Pokemon egg.
>>
>>32673309
This guy knows
>>
Breloom is like the cheapest Fighting type ever made
>>
>>32673304
>>32673309
Casting pearls before swine, etc.
>>
>>32673419
>pearls before swine
At least Spoink is cute
>>
>>32673424
Spoink is fantastic. I just wish its evolution was not that ugly.
>>
File: 326_RS.png (964B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
326_RS.png
964B, 64x64px
>>32673499
It actually looked kinda cool originally. Got derpier with every new game though.
>>
>>32673568
I always liked him tho. 3 gen had some great designs! Shroomish line and spoink line will always have a special place in my heart
>>
The Tao trio is very creative and ingenious.
Reshiram and Zekrom represent truth and ideals respectively; the former looks natural and organic and therefore "real" while the latter looks mechanical and efficient and therefore "ideal"; Reshiram has a nuclear reactor for a tail wich is the most efficient energy source known today in real life and makes it a fire type, while Zekrom has a clean generator tail wich is the kind of ideal energy source we hope to achieve one day and makes it an electric type.
They were originally one and the same alien dragon (wich explains their biomechanical appearence) that got separated, and the empty shell that remained became Kyurem, wich is an ice type to represent absolute zero. This ice type negates its dragon weakness to ice attacks, while its dragon type makes it good against Reshiram and Zekrom (dragon types themselves) while neutral to fire and resistant to electric, making him a good foil to the duo.
>>
I dunno about you guys but I like the Pokemon that aren't really anything at all and are instead more ambiguous creatures. Things like Magmar, Electabuzz, Breloom, Aromatisse, etc.
>>
>>32672524
Shedinja is great, but Ninjask is my mum's Cicada... Seriously from trainers point of view it's just a regular bug its awefull.

But yeah Hoenn was the peak of pokemon design.
>>
File: 250px-560Scrafty.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-560Scrafty.png
43KB, 250x250px
Takes the concept of lizards and adapts it to human culture.
Integrates the design of the previous form into the evolution.
>>
File: bisharp_by_superkusokao-d3hhy86.png (171KB, 439x800px) Image search: [Google]
bisharp_by_superkusokao-d3hhy86.png
171KB, 439x800px
>chess piece
>made of blades
>that commands pawns made of smaller blades
>>
>>32673262
Breloom is the most bro tier Grass type that exists.

>sky high Atk and decent Spe for a Grass type
>Technician Mach Punch and Bullet Seed + Swords Dance for ingame rape train
>or Poison Heal for status absorbing and better Leftovers
>Spore and False Swipe for catching stuff
>plenty of other good moves like Stone Edge, Drain Punch, and Force Palm
>>
>>32675501
Having the shed scales become a hood and baggy pants is simply brilliant.
>>
>>32672304
What makes Breloom fantastic that it's a brawler with a mushroom cap. Which would reference the japanese hats: kasas, that were worn by monks and samurai. Pretty nice touch.

>>32675702
>chess piece
Thats not even the concept from it's japanese name. Would've been cool though.
Also:
>Implying a humanoid with blade arms and a crested helmet would be original after Gallade
Execution is better than the last idea at least.
>>
File: 615Cryogonal.png (202KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
615Cryogonal.png
202KB, 431x431px
A living snowflake that functions like a spider high in the stratosphere, making webs out of floating ice crystals to capture prey.
I love Unova.
>>
>>32673309
>>32675492
>Not liking Hoenn and not liking Ninjask

Psh... You had better hope you never meet me in a black dark alley at night
>>
>>32676744
It's a fucking snowflake, it's like making a flame fire type pokémon
>>
>>32676880
>It's a fucking snowflake
Correction, it's creative fucking snowflake.
>>
>>32675479
Kommo o falls in there I think
>>
>>32676880
hey, you leave my special snowflake alone
>>
>>32676839

>not having the ability to comprehend written text

to be in a black dark alley at night you'd have to find a way out of your cave first.
>>
>>32676880

The pokemon is the black sphere with shiny cyan dots inside.
It's shaped like a snowflake because ice crystals grow on its body and it's the shape they take.
>>
>>32676744
I would have preferred an actual ice spider
>>
>>32677133
So a worse glalie
>>
>>32676744
Did it even appear on the anime?
>>
>>32675726
Gen 5 was the best gen to be a Breloom player.
>New Technician ability made it's STAB priority on pair with Scizor's
>Low Sweep was 60 BP and can screw over checks on the switch in
>Rain teams being dominant enabled a Bulk Up set to shine
>No Electric and Misty Terrains or Powder immunity on Grass types. Your able to Spore nearly everything
>No Psychic Terrain to ruin your priority
A shame the gold times are long gone.....
>>
>>32677172
I know it appears in the Keldeo movie as goons of Kyurem.
>>
File: 220px-Albedo-e_hg_svg.png (12KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Albedo-e_hg_svg.png
12KB, 220x308px
>>32676744
It also has some mirror-like qualities to it. It's like the living embodiment of high albedo.
>>
File: Hadrosaurus-Walters.jpg (140KB, 750x383px) Image search: [Google]
Hadrosaurus-Walters.jpg
140KB, 750x383px
>>32676953
It's some type of Hadrosaurid at best.
>>
File: kuban-100-sho.jpg (40KB, 240x326px) Image search: [Google]
kuban-100-sho.jpg
40KB, 240x326px
>>32675881
I couldn't pinpoint the exact theme for Breloom that would also work for Shroomish as well as make sense for it to be related to mushrooms.
Is Breloom a kangaroo? I don't know how kangaroos are associated with mushrooms, and Shroomish doesn't really fit the kangaroo look.
Is Shroomish an egg and Breloom something along the lines of a dinosaur? Some mushrooms do have egg-like states, and the Shroomish line (and so to the Morelull line) does have a similar metamorphosis to this. But again, I'm not too sure how mushrooms and dinosaurs are associated with each other to the point of making a pokemon line out of it.
At this point, I've just taken the cue from "Kinogasa" that Shroomish and Breloom are supposed to have some sort of jingasa-themed aesthetic to it too.
Like Shroomish only resembling just the cap of a mushroom and having no stalk makes it so that it looks like a walking jingasa. Perhaps Shroomish having a long face could help it resemble types of kasa that are weaved. Breloom could be going for the appearance of someone who would wear a jingasa, like a martial monk or soldier. Breloom also has the complimenting mino/gappa cape look to it as well.
To me, the idea of associating mushrooms with umbrella hats doesn't seem that far of a stretch in comparison when morels are associated with kasa and mushrooms are named after umbrellas. It's a theme that can work for both members of the line as well.
>>
>>32675455
Dumb fanfiction poster.
>>
>>32677794
Can't we have original monsters once in a while? Not everything has to have a clear inspiration.
>>
>>32678375

Are you trying to be retarded?

Having source(s) of inspiration is "un-original?"

Christ
>>
>>32678461
You're confusing the word original with the word creative.
>>
>>32677794
Breloom is a clusterfuck and should have been deleted
>>
>>32678461
Damn. I should've used the word "ambiguous."
Sorry for being retarded.
>>
>>32675455
Unfortunately, Zekrom had the only good design out of the trio
>>
File: SQUIDWARD! The sky had a baby!.gif (1MB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
SQUIDWARD! The sky had a baby!.gif
1MB, 320x192px
>The actual pokemon itself is seaweed, basically making it the only fully plant pokemon
>They take remnants of ships and make a makeshift body for themselves
>>
>>32678587

(You)
>>
>>32677156
you'll get them when the white walkers march south
>>
>>32675702
>name a pokemon after chess pieces
>it must be a chess piece

this was a mistake
>>
>>32672304
you know what rly grinds my gears?
in RSE you have to wait till shroomish is level 50 to get spore cause breloom doesn't get it. and then kirlia only gets magical leaf in firered grr gamfrek y u do dis
>>
>>32677794
>Is Breloom a kangaroo?
The pokedex compares its punches with a boxer. Kangaroos are infamous for being used in boxing. Maybe that's why it's a fighting type.
>>
File: dhelmise.jpg (395KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
dhelmise.jpg
395KB, 1280x1280px
>>32678631
Happy to see another dhelmise fan, the design is absolutely brilliant.
>compass as eye
>other eye resembles eyepatch
>triangles on anchor form the shape of teeth
>the way the seaweed hangs off the anchor resembles a beard
The fact that dhelmise is, I believe, the first technically faceless pokemon but still forms a face is just brilliant. Whoever designed it deserves a fucking raise.
>>
File: dhelmiseattack.gif (850KB, 216x134px) Image search: [Google]
dhelmiseattack.gif
850KB, 216x134px
>>32679051
Not to mention its a face that can change it's body shape into a weapon. Almost like a shape-shifting head or something. Really complements the "unsettling" vibe it gives away. I could easily visualize it in a horror film slaughtering observers by surprise.
>>
>>32678965
True, but it stands out from other punching pokemon by learning attacks like Fury Cutter, Cut and False Swipe, yet stands out from clawing pokemon by learning punching attacks.
I think there's more to its fighting style than what the pokedex calls boxing.
>>
>>32679429
Yeah it's a reference to slapped-on bullshit
>>
>>32679051
It's actually the 'teeth' that turned it from a 4/5 into a 2/5 for me.
The teeth just make it look silly.
>>
>>32675702
Just a Gallade with armor
>>
File: pixel dhelmise.png (14KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
pixel dhelmise.png
14KB, 600x715px
>>32679478
Why? It's just a simple and cool detail that makes a cool clash with the fact it is seaweed without a face but still projects a face with the shipwreck. it's a really clever design.

Not all of us can have taste I guess.
>>
Creative bump
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.