[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people still defend this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: N6DjpYDFg6nh[1].jpg (35KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
N6DjpYDFg6nh[1].jpg
35KB, 373x521px
I'm getting absolutely sick and tired of having good, solid, fair matches, winning or losing, only for the game to throw in some 'excitement' as some people like to call it (the retards). I'm tired of winning or being put in winning situations because of luck. Game 2 I just let the nigga have the win cause he was winning to begin with. What a joke and mess of a game. Fucking let the players decide the victor, please Game Freak, holy shit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7unratedrandombattle-582997428

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7unratedrandombattle-583416502
>>
>>32671648
you play random battles and complain about individual games being luck based?
>>
>>32671648
>unrated random battle
I'm absolutely sick of shitters thinking they have any understanding of the game. Why were you trying to LS a Toxapex that was going for the burn? And that tantrum you threw it was one of the most cringey things I ever seen during a match.
>>
>>32671662
How does one not understand this? 2 players go in for a random battle, receiving random pokemon. This is both acknowledged and accepted by both parties. Yes, chances are that one team could be vastly superior than the other. In those cases it's just accepted as both parties recognise that this was a decision they chose to make. It's like a setting/agreement chosen BEFORE the start of the match. But in some cases, it's still possible to outwit your opponent. It's in THESE situations where something shit like a miss or critical hit ruins the fun.

tldr; regardless if this is 'random battle' mode or not, 2 individuals could decide to run the 2 teams given and yet the outcome is still bullshittingly decided by some random occurrence. That's what's not fair, and that's what makes the 'game' pointless and no fun.
>>
File: random.png (4KB, 466x39px) Image search: [Google]
random.png
4KB, 466x39px
>>32671679
>and yet the outcome is still bullshittingly decided by some random occurrence.
in a random battle? who would have thought that could happen?

kid random battles is all I play and in the grand scheme of things outwittin g is all it's about, but if you look at individual battles you'll always find many were you were unlucky and couldnt do anything about it
>>
>>32671694
>Being this retarded
If you even read what I just wrote, you're basically saying that every mode in showdown is 'random battle'. As I already said, it's the randomness that comes WITHIN the battle, not BEFORE.

Also, I just had a match now where my opponent had Arceus, Marshadow and Landorus-T and my best mon was probably Tentacruel. Obviously I lost with no chance of winning, but THAT'S OKAY because there was no luck WITHIN the game.

Are these caps helping you understand? Because lower-case didn't seem to work.
>>
>>32671712
okay genuinely didn't properly read what you wrote before, hax and damage rolls can be extremely annoying in every tier, all you can do is play so much that it evens itself out and swallow when it's "your turn" to be unlucky
>>
So, you don't like RNG? Accuracy, crits, stat drops from moves, etc.?
>>
>>32671722
>Thinking I was complaining about random battle tier
>Not realising I was talking about the game as a whole
>"that it evens itself out"
>Implying luck is a self-aware entity that cares about that

Wow
>>
>>32671731
That's right, I hate all of it. I'm gonna make my own RNG-free tier. Figured I may as well demonstrate what I mean rather than repeatedly explain it to people who still think they can defend this garbage.
>>
>>32671648
>Game Freak
>pokemonshowdown
>>
>>32671735
I can defend accuray, though. If Fire Blast hits 100% of the time, why does flamethrower even exist? There are lots of moves that are balanced around having a chance to miss, like Thunder, Dynamic Punch, etc.
And by removing RNG, do you mean, for example, that Scald will always burn or never burn?
>>
>>32671732
>that it evens itself out"
>Implying luck is a self-aware entity that cares about that

if you play enough games it eventually always will. that's statistics. it doesn't need to "care"
>>
>>32671743
Something more along the lines of
Fire Blast has 80% accuracy? It will always miss every 3rd turn. i.e. the turn number of the match is 3,6,9, etc.

Scald has 30% chance of burn? It will only burn on every 3rd turn.

Something like this as an example. Of course you'd have to balance certain things like, the OHKO moves having 30% accuracy, say, maybe it only works every 10th turn. Shit like protect still blocks it. Fissure still can't hit flying/levitating, so it's not so broken that everyone would want to carry it on a team.

The idea is that there'd be more strategy revolving around when you switch pokemon in to attack with certain moves to get the maximum effect.
>>
>>32671758
What about serene grace? Would it make Iron Head flinch on turns 1-6?
>>
>>32671763
I mean, it's just an idea at this point. I haven't thought of everything yet. Maybe Jirachi would just have to move up to uber tier within the no-RNG mode. But yeah, you make a good point, will have to think about how to handle that one without compromising the authenticity of the ability's design.
>>
>>32671772
Jirachi, Togekiss, Chansey and blissey have access to 30% too I think, Dunsparce, Sawsbuck, literally anything fast with access to ice moves on turn 1, etc. If you do try to make this work, good luck.
>>
>>32671763
Actually, with what I've been saying so far, Iron Head would flinch every 3rd turn, so Serene Grace would make it NOT flinch every 3rd turn. i.e.

Normally, would flinch on turns 3,6,9,12,etc.
with serene grace, flinch on turns 2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12
So turns 1,4,7,10, etc. would still be free to get a hit in (if possible).

Bare in mind that 'paralyzed can't move' would no longer be a thing.

Though that still seems quite strong. Some shuffling might have to go round for certain moves as well, otherwise every 3rd turn will be the key time to use pretty much everything.

>>32671785
>good luck
kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.