[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>An NPC asks if you know how to use an item but explains it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1488063095637.png (55KB, 541x546px) Image search: [Google]
1488063095637.png
55KB, 541x546px
>An NPC asks if you know how to use an item but explains it anyway.
>An NPC asks you a "yes or no" question. Your answer make no impact to the story or your forced to choose the right answer.
>An NPC asks you a question but you cannot give an answer.

Why do they do this?
>>
>>32669358
>An NPC asks you a question but you cannot give an answer

I mean, for these, most of the time, it's you can reflect on the question yourself. Otherwise you'd be stuck with a few choices that might not correspond to your actual thoughts.
>>
>>32669358
Illusion of choice.
Pokemon has the least roleplaying I've ever seen in an RPG, and from what seems to pass for an "RPG" in Japan, that's saying something.
>>
>>32669392
I just wanted to be a member of team rocket
>>
File: mad.jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
26KB, 640x360px
>>32669358
>that first one

YES I KNOW HOW THE POKEGEAR WORKS MOM
>>
>>32669408
it's sad
I wonder what the people who work on these games think about them, surely they play other games from time to time? How can they look at what they're making and think "yes, this is a good product that we can be proud of"
>>
File: reaction_1408149937793.jpg (32KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
reaction_1408149937793.jpg
32KB, 500x332px
>>32669358
Where are you from?
>YES
>NO
>>
HEY BRO, YOU SAY YOU KNOW HOW TO CATCH A POKEMON BUT I DONT BELIEVE YOU SO COME WITH ME AND ILL SHOW YA BUT FIRST LET ME SHOW YU WHERE THE POKECENTER AND POKE MART IS JUST INCASE YOUR BLIND AND DUMB WITTED ENOUGH TO EXPLORE YOURSELF LOL
>>
>>32669408
JRPG are never truly RPGs
>>
>An NPC asks if you know how to use an item but explains it anyway.
Literally your mother in GSC.
>>
>>32669625
They're asking you if you want to tell, not to answer the question itself.
>>
>>32671538
Neither the question nor the answers imply what you just wrote.
>>
>>32671538
No, if you answer "Yes" the guy will say something like "Yescity ? Never heard of it"
>>
>>32669603
>>32669651
JRPGs were intended to be like that from the beginning. Removing all the "clunky" systems of classic RPGs and coating the "streamlined" result with good graphics reduced production costs.
>>
>>32669358
>Where are you from?
>Yes or No
>>
>>32671906
>>32672022
...but that's the joke, Anons!
>>
>>32672022
You only started playing JRPGs with FF6 didn't you.
>>
>>32672337
It was like that since DQ1.
>>
>>32669408
It's an "RPG" in the sense that it has stats and level progression.
I'm not trying to defend it, but that's what modern RPGs are nowadays, which is bullshit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.