[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Large metal spikes protruding from body >Pure rock type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-409Rampardos.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-409Rampardos.png
48KB, 250x250px
>Large metal spikes protruding from body
>Pure rock type
>>
>>32667174
allow me to blow your mind
some spikes
are made of rock
>>
>>32667174
Yeah it should be spike or at least sharp type.
>>
>>32667182
Came here to post this.
>>
>Diglett used Mud Slap
>>
>>32667174
>Metal golden armor and Axe fangs
>Pure dragon type
>>
>has 2 spikes on its paws and one on its chest
>steel type
>>
>>32667228
Lucario's a Steel type because it has a heart of steel, and fists of steel, and an iron-hard will.

>>32667174
They're just white horns. They're not made of metal just because they're white.
>>
>>32667228
>Proud of its Power
>>
>>32667198
>252+ SpA Choice Specs Diglett Mud Shot vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rampardos: 256-304 (84.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Huh
>>
>>32667174
>But some metals are ROCK
>>
>>32667174
Give me one good reason he couldn't have been Rock/Fighting

Seriously Rampardos being mono Rock is the fucking dumbest shit in the world
>>
File: DP64[1].jpg (14KB, 267x150px) Image search: [Google]
DP64[1].jpg
14KB, 267x150px
>>32667337
>tiny arms

yeah, breloom is a fighting type, but is because it eat a gomogomu fruit
>>
>>32667370
It doesn't use its arms dipshit, it uses its skull. It's based off of a Dinosaur that regularly butted heads to challenge members of its pack.

It's more justification for being Normal type than other Pokemon which are just "lol its strong"
>>
>>32667381
Having just the one pure Rock fossil bothers me a little bit but this is just fucking stupid, a Rock/Fighting pachycephalosaur would be dope but it'd need a complete redesign
>>
>>32667412
What the fuck is there to redesign? You don't need to give it fucking boxing gloves or other stupid shit.

Hell, Rampardos has more reason to be fighting type than Kommo-o.
>>
>>32667381
Show me a fighting style with only headbutts

also using you logic, each animal with agonistic behaviour is a fighting type: horses, dogs, cats, birds, U momma
>>
>>32667433
>Rampardos has more reason to be fighting type than Kommo-o

not gorilla arms
>>
>>32667439
>Show me a fighting style with only headbutts
It's a primitive dinosaur, you can argue that it's headbutting fights are very primitive fighting styles.

I mean, if that's too much of a stretch, explain Poliwrath, or the Mankey line. What are their fighting styles? Or the Stuful line? Or Kommo-o? Or Meloetta? Or Rioulu Line? Or half of the entire type.

Half of the Fighting type is fucking stupid because they're not based off of actual fighting styles or "fighting things", they're just given the type because "lol it's strong and fights".
>>
>>32667433
It would need to be redesigned because it's not built for combat of any kind, it's built to slowly gain momentum and become a one-way unstoppable force. It can learn other moves obviously but to justify a quasi-elemental identity you'd need to tweak the concept at least a little (streamline the body perhaps, make it look more organic than a spiky mountain with small limbs)

>>32667463
It's not up to /vp/ to justify Gamefreak's choices, it's up to you to justify why you don't agree with them
>>
>>32667463

Fighting-type Pokemon are very refined and technical fighters

They rely on skill, not brute strength
>>
>>32667475
>Very refined and technical fighters
>They rely on skill, not brute strength
>Bewear
>Primeape
>Pangoro
>Crabominable
>Heracross
>Buzzwole
>Poliwrath
I don't even think Rampardos should be part fighting, but don't try to justify the whole type now, some of its mons are part of it because of their brute strength and comabtive disposition alone, not their refined technical skills.
>>
File: Key_art_-_Pokken_Tournament[1].jpg (2MB, 1594x2244px) Image search: [Google]
Key_art_-_Pokken_Tournament[1].jpg
2MB, 1594x2244px
>>32667228

The cuffs on its shoulders are metal too.

It also stands to reason that it has metal spikes sticking out of its body, the rest of its skeleton is metal too.
>>
>>32667467
>It would need to be redesigned because it's not built for combat of any kind
No it doesn't, it's dex entries even state this explicitly
>Cranidos toughen up their already rock-hard heads by headbutting one another.
> It lived in jungles around a hundred million years ago. It used its skillful headbutts to combat Aerodactyl.
> If two were to smash their heads together, their foot-thick skulls would keep them from fainting.

>It can learn other moves obviously but to justify a quasi-elemental identity you'd need to tweak the concept at least a little
It's limbs are fine, its a dinosaur and would've theoretically been one of the earliest fighting types. You could chalk up it's one-note fighting style to how primitive it is. Besides, the only difference between Poliwhirl and Poliwrath is Poliwrath has angry eyes. Rampardos has red eyes so it's close enough.

Having a fossil Pokemon be mono-Rock is a waste of a fossil, and doesn't even make sense. If it's mono-Rock, what was it originally, before fossilization? Normal?

>>32667475
>What is Primeape
>>
>>32667235
HARDER THEN METAL
>>
>>32667512
>what was it originally? Normal?
fucking rock, all of those dex entries justify its rock typing

I'm not going to defend the entire Fighting type but Cranidos/Rampardos' shtick is their rock-solid skulls, not their propensity for fighting each other. Heracross is based on a bug that fights with its head, but it was restructured into a vaguely man-shaped bug that fights with its arms (you think stag/hercules beetles have those big balloon hands that mega heracross has?)

having a tendency to fight doesn't make something a fighting type, the whole franchise is monsters fighting each other with whatever viable apparatus they have on their bodies. Rampardos' isn't a skilled use of skull, it's the toughness thereof
>>
>>32667506
So, Lucario is Wolverine?
>>
>>32667512

>Having a fossil Pokemon be mono-Rock is a waste of a fossil, and doesn't even make sense. If it's mono-Rock, what was it originally, before fossilization? Normal?

How about it already being rock before it was fosillized, as is probably the case for most fossils? Seriously, the only one with rock type just added on with no context other than "muh fossil" are Archen line and the gen VI ones. And Aerodactyl if you don't count mega.
>>
File: chance05[1].jpg (40KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
chance05[1].jpg
40KB, 450x340px
>>32667566
yes

...and also a jedi, ryu, and a lot of super hero cliches
>>
>>32667536
>Heracross is based on a bug that fights with its head, but it was restructured into a vaguely man-shaped bug that fights with its arms (you think stag/hercules beetles have those big balloon hands that mega heracross has?)
Heracross if Fighting because it flips things with its horn, is strong, and because the Japanese love Japanese Bug Fighting

I'm still not seeing why it needs arms to be fighting type. Several Flying types don't even have wings (And Gyarados didn't even get any flying moves until Gen 7, when it got Hurricane. Bounce if you include events)
>>
File: dog is god spelled backwards.jpg (769KB, 1280x4804px) Image search: [Google]
dog is god spelled backwards.jpg
769KB, 1280x4804px
>>32667566
>>32667593
>>
>>32667463
>explain Poliwrath, or the Mankey line. What are their fighting styles? Or the Stuful line? Or Kommo-o? Or Meloetta? Or Rioulu Line?

Poliwrath - Prizefighting
Mankey - ok you win here, this is pure animal rage Blanka style
Kommo-o - Is a ancient style using a Khakkhara as weapon, was uded by warrior monks
Riolu - Pygmachia
>>
>>32667174
Not gonna lie, ivory has always been my favorite metal.
>>
>>32667732
really trying too hard at justifying kommo-o
>>
Wow, this thread has made me realize that fighting type is almost as problematic as fairy type. Perhaps it should've been named something else like spirit type, for fighting spirit. That way it has more of an elemental ring to it than just physical punches, kicks etc. That or it should've been given to certain Pokemon like the Tyrogue branches, Machop line, and other Pokemon that seemed to be based on certain martial arts/artists or fighting styles, only.
>>
>>32667832
To be fair, its tail is definitely supposed to be a khakkhara. It's even alluded to in some of the 'dex entries.
>>
>>32667844
>spirit type, for fighting spirit

That's what the Fighting type's special attacks (Focus Blast and Aura Sphere) are, as well as their Z-Move, All-Out Pummeling

Fighting-type Pokemon are basically shonen anime characters, their attacks are powered by ki
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.