[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ hate stall so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

Why does /vp/ hate stall so much?
>>
>>32666235
Almost anyone who isn't a stallfag hates stall. It's repetitive, tedious, boring, and mind numbingly difficult to sit through.
>>
ADHD babbies can't handle a battle that doesn't kill a pokemon in one or two moves. Same reason they hate defensive pokemon in-game and gen 4's engine
>>
>>32666266
>Chansey used Toxic
>Chansey used Softboiled
>Chansey used Protect
There are more important things than winning the game, like having fun and not wasting time
>>
>>32666235
It's a boring and unfun playstyle. If you're playing stall, you care more about winning than actually enjoying the game.
>>
>>32666283
If you don't like wasting time then you shouldn't be battling competitively, or playing pokemon for that matter
>>
>thinking this is somehow exclusive to /vp/
Every game out there has people who hate slow, boring tactics
>>
>>32666283
>fun
I can hardly remember the last time I experienced such a thing.
>>
>>32666266
Gen 4's engine is riddled with animations designed to play at twice the frame rate the game runs at, ADHD has nothing to do with it.
>>
>wah stallfags hate fun
>implying winning isn't fun
>implying pissing whiny faggots like you off isn't fun
>>
>>32666235
They find it not fun, and thus want it gone. Not hard to figure out, really.
>>
>>32666235
>>32663980
>>
>>32666235
It's annoying and waste time no matter what and only manchildren like it. Not saying the meta should be HO you die if you get hit but keep it in moderation
>>
ITT: Brainlets
>>
>>32666756
The stallfags are the HOfags?
>>
>>32667683
OR
>>
I don't like battles that last a ridiculous amount of time for what they are. They don't have to be over in 60 seconds, but an hour of shuffling and healing and protecting is so extremely tedious and boring, win or lose.
>>
>>32667696
desu if you're spending more than 50 turns battling a stallfag you probably aren't playing very well. Or you're playing a really good stallfag, which is almost never the case on the ladder.
>>
just use lando-t
the crit didn't matter btw
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579406771
>>
>>32667757
>non-Whirl Skarm

impractical garbage
>>
>>32667773
they all carry counter now a days
>>
>>32667777
checked
>>
>>32667757
lando-t ban when
>>
>>32667757
>protect sableye
>>
>>32667777
1. no they don't
2. it's a worse set
>>
>>32667773
the copypaste modern stall team don't run whirlwind anymore.
Of course they could always cteam and start running it again, but then they get raped by m-maw
>>
>>32666266
>i-it's ok if something has performance problems or takes longer than it needs to
>y-you just have ADHD if you hold yourself to a higher standard
>>
>>32667805
so what? it's not like abr stall was the only stall in oras despite people copying it a lot, and this is especially considering double defog and tangrowth rep and alomomola rep stall are all over the place
>>
>>32667786
protect/fake-out has always been standard, no? In this scenario I don't think fake-out would have made a difference.
>>
>>32666235
/vp/ is full of karenfags who refuse to run stallbreakers.
>>
It's mindless, also only homosexual communist egg salads play stall
>>
>>32666235
people who plays stall are people who play zoners in fighting games
yall are little bitches
>>
>>32666283
the hell's a fun?
>>
>>32666235
>Gameplay is repetitive
>Stallfags have an annoying personality
>Designed to literally be boring and feel like progress isn't being made
>Boring to use yourself
>Stallfags not even letting you be satisfied with beating them by either quiting at the first death or spamming recover in a 1v5 situation
>Style is extremely forgiving for the user and makes you feel like extra shit when you lose to someone that can't make plays
Stall really just makes people feel bad in general, like how traffic to work makes people feel like shit. It takes away all the fun of ladder (things like Focus Miss and paralysis also do this). Stall and my general bad luck is why I rarely ladder for long periods of time.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.