[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (95KB, 1664x1016px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
95KB, 1664x1016px
Kek
>>
Yes that is the point of CAP. To experiment with different niches
>>
>>32662493
Not familiar with CAP. Have they ever hit the nail on the head?
As, has a real pokémon been introduced that fills the exact same niche a CAP mon was made to fill?
>>
>>32662516

>thinking gamefreak design Pokémon with the metagame in mind
>>
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>32662493
>niche
didn't realize "do everything, and everything well" was considered a niche.
>>
>>32662484
this CAP was controlled by a bug-obssessive who made a bunch of dumb decisions to make it super good and people weren't happy with them.
>>
>>32662484
"""""""""the risky pokemon auromoth""""""""
post the retarded stats and the fact it can breed with other mons too

smogontards and its creator will still defend this
n
>>
>>32662516
I'm not too familiar with CAP either. I just read up on it and saw the fakemons. I guess they did special Fire/Water before Volcanion and mixed pretty fast Rock/Poison before Nihilego

>>32662555
Yeah this particular one seems pretty stupid. Maybe it worked in gen 4 when it was created

Here's gen 7 CAP VR for interested: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-7-cap-viability-ranking-thread.3597893/
>>
>>32662555
The Jack-of-all-Trades is a really common niche, a reliable character that can fit on any strategy. Of course, Aurumoth is complete shit since the theme of its CAP was supposed to be a high-risk, high-reward Pokemon.
>>
File: 1494463350348.jpg (67KB, 540x607px) Image search: [Google]
1494463350348.jpg
67KB, 540x607px
>>32662484
>try to make a "high-risk, high reward" pokemon
>end up making the safest pokemon with the highest reward

thank you bug catcher faggot
>>
>>32662591
>gen 4
>illusion
>>
>CAP

anyone need any more proof that smogon is a bunch of retards who have no idea what makes something good?
>>
>>32662516
I guess Volcarona carries more risk than Aurmoth but can definitely sweep with a boost
>>
>>32662484
I can't believe they approved of this cancerous mess.
>>
>>32662484
>String Shot is the only flavor move on level up
Absolutely garbage
>>
>>32662484
I wish plasmanta was real
>>
File: high risk.png (8KB, 501x211px) Image search: [Google]
high risk.png
8KB, 501x211px
>>
>>32662579
Did they ever end up being booted from the project completely? That mon seems ridiculous.
>>
>>32664283
They were actually
>>
>>32664279

Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.
>>
man Aurumoth was a mistake

even the people who made it think it was a mistake
>>
File: image.png (204KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204KB, 640x1136px
>>32662516
About a year before Excadrill was revealed, CAP created Colossoil, a Ground/Dark mole-narwhal with pic related stat spread who filled mostly the same role Exca does nowadays.
>>
>>32664393
>look up what people thought about it
>lots of people had problems with the guy who ran it all
>there's even a thread discussing where they went wrong during the whole process
apparently the dude who oversaw the whole thing forced his mary sue shit down everyone's throats
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.