[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no Pokemon Sage thread here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (61KB, 250x138px) Image search: [Google]
Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
61KB, 250x138px
Why is there no Pokemon Sage thread here?
>>
>>32661876
The only sage guy that gave a damn about keeping /vp/ informed left the project.
At this point sage will be dead on arrival, if 2.0 ever comes out.
>>
File: WikiDex062614.jpg (4MB, 2392x4984px) Image search: [Google]
WikiDex062614.jpg
4MB, 2392x4984px
>>
Pokemon Clover > pokemon sage
>>
>>32663660
>not a single fairy type
Wow! This is really shitty.
>>
>>32663853
agreed
>>
>>32663853
>>32663906
it was made before fairy type was announced
>>
Is this game even out?
>>
>>32664365
too many dragon types
>>
>>32664365
So what? Other projects also started before fairy type and changed some Pokémon just fine. Look at Clover for example. This only means that the devs are lazy and/or want to cuck us out basic game features.
>>
>>32664523
They're two gens behind now on mechanics. Not optional shit like fairies and megas, things like type modifiers, status immunities, move properties. Nothing that would be hard to change mind you. Completely obstinate and up their own ass.
>>
>>32661876
Because it's shit?
>>
>>32664523
They balanced the game without Fairies, so that Outrage spam doesn't work. I heard that they changed the type chart a bit as well.
>>
>>32664523
Sage is too busy putting every single decision up for vote and updating graphics for a game that will never come out and is generations behind.
>>
>>32663840
https://www.niceme,me
>>
Because it's shit.
>>
>>
>>32664541
There are no type chart changes in Sage.

>>32664488
There are not too many of any type compared to other Pokemon generations.
>>
>>32664528
Gen 6 and 7 are shit anyway who cares.
>>
>>32665101
https://www.degenerate,duty
>>
>>
>>32667159
https://www.underageban.com/pokemon,clover
>>
>>32667275
applies in all boards
>>
>>32667280
Pokemon Clover is legitimately filled with underage ban though. Camerupt hasn't even graduated high school.
>>
>>32664365
That's a shit reason. It's still being made so why not add it in?
It's a pretty major thing and is really fucking easy to add. There literally aren't any downsides to adding it in except that it might trigger one of the autistic dev's autism.
Shit even genwun pandering games like Pokemon Go added fairy type. This really just makes your game seem outdated before it comes out.
>>
>>32667316
>There literally aren't any downsides to adding it in except that it might trigger one of the autistic dev's autism.

No it's that it takes work and at this point, with a lot of things already balanced, adding fairy type will take resources and time and effort away from more critical aspects of the project.

And please, every time some retard suggest fairy type it's likely the same handful of people who propose a shit list of things that can be fairy type. It also means programming fairy moves in, programming the fairy type itself, programming the type interactions. And then, do you include the nerfs to steel type from gen 6? There was a survey done before gen 6 was released that the project as a whole took that said, "If a new type is added in gen 6, will we add it to the game?" and the project voted no.

If you pick and choose the major, major surveys that defined how this projects base was decided, then it loses that /vpmagg/ feel more than has been already lost.
>>
File: Viipiisugi.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Viipiisugi.png
39KB, 250x250px
>>32667372
>programming the fairy type itself
>>32667372
There, I did it for you. Add this to the type.txt file and you're done.

[18]
Name=Fairy
InternalName=FAIRY
IsSpecialType=true
Weaknesses=POISON,STEEL
Resistances=BUG,DARK,FIGHTING
Immunities=DRAGON

Seriously, adding fairy type is barely any work at all. Y'all are lazy as shit if that's your reasoning for not including it.

There are even a few sagemon that would be perfect fit for fairy type. This should be a no brainer.
>>
>>32667372
>If you pick and choose the major, major surveys that defined how this projects base was decided, then it loses that /vpmagg/ feel more than has been already lost.
Why not make a new survey then? Why do we have to follow an old survey from 4 years ago?
>>
>>32667407
Because why would you follow any of the surveys if that's the case? Why honor any of the decisions made that way? You can't pick and choose.
>>
>>32667396
>there are even a few sagemon that would be perfect fit
Name them.
>>
>>32667473
viipii, paramoth line, maybe oarwish, the legendary pixies.
>>
>>32667565
Oarwish is water/psychic.
>>
>>32667570
That's why I said maybe for this one. But make it water/fairy then. There are too many psychic types as it is any way.
>>
>>32667599
>There are way too many psychic types as it is any way.
By what metric?
>>
>>32667565
>viipii
Yeah just like Audino and Chansey, my favorite Fairy types.
>the legendary pixies
Yeah just like mew, celebi, jirachi, the lake trio, etc. All great Fairy types.

Fuck off, Fairy type has no place in sage, nor any of the other gen 6/7 mechanics.
>>
>>32667654
Glad you are not a dev, otherwise why would anyone be interested in playing an even shittier "game" with less mechanics? You may as well stop calling it Pokémon. The trick is to move forward, not backwards.
>>
>>32667893
Tell that to Game Freak.
I agree tho
>>
>>32667893
This. Although we all know they keep calling it "Pokémon" just to shill it here, the only place where they have some following, without /vp/ the project would die.
>>
>>32667893
It's a gen 5 game, I don't understand your argument in the slightest.
>>
>>32667918
It's pokemon you retard. And the project is without /vp/ since it left /vp/.
>>
>>32663660
the true sin of this dex is that Cowatti isnt even cute. Looks more like a generic route 1 rodent than a pikaclone
>>
>>32667654
>Yeah just like Audino and Chansey, my favorite Fairy types.

I don't really care about Sage having fairy or not, but this is a bullshit arguement you know it. Audino and Chansey are the exceptions, not the rule. Jigglypuff, clefairy, etc all are fairy, and there's no valid conceptual reason why chansey and audino shouldn't be.

>Fuck off, Fairy type has no place in sage, nor any of the other gen 6/7 mechanics.

Other then the fact it was voted against, why not? Present actual aguements. Viipii fits, as does Paramoth. I'd argue Snome does as well. Koblin would, if not for the fact that dark and steel/fire taking priority.
>>
>>32669003
Neither is Dedenne

the only reason it isn't cute is because it doesn't have the same beady little eyes that the rest of them have

>>32669315
Chimcholio would be a good Fairy type

Also the gold idol would be a good fairy type it's small and cute and it doesn't have psychic powers, it's just gold

if anything it should've been pure steel like how shaymin was pure grass
>>
>>32669003
>the true sin of this dex is that Cowatti isnt even cute.
your mother isn't cute, faggot
>>
>>32669003
And it doesn't have circular cheeks.

I didn't even know it was supposed to be a pikaclone until I went through the wiki. What a shit design.
>>
>>32669341
Nigga Dedenne is adorable. Cowatti is a bulbasaur-eyed, rock-nosed atrocity with a frankly garbage color scheme

and like >>32669475 said, no cheek pouches. It misses all the marks
>>
File: type distribution.png (9KB, 839x340px) Image search: [Google]
type distribution.png
9KB, 839x340px
>>32667599
>>32664541
lolno
>>
>>32667099
>I dislike some things about the gens therefore everything about them is shit including objective improvements to mechanics
Sagecucks are actually this deluded.
>>
>>32666017
>>32669598
>*type effectiveness chart
You know, like making Ground immune to Poison.
>>
>sage thread
>starts as usual, "where's the updates?"
>devolves into fairy posting

this is more like pottery than you all realize
>>
File: ITSABATTLE.png (18KB, 513x383px) Image search: [Google]
ITSABATTLE.png
18KB, 513x383px
>>32669741
But that would be fucking stupid anon.
>>
>>32670027
kind of looks like clover jealousy shitposting honestly
they're two different kinds of games so I don't know why clover devs are always so jealous of sage devs
>>
File: 12yearolds.gif (494KB, 228x265px) Image search: [Google]
12yearolds.gif
494KB, 228x265px
>>32670078
because sage has the best fans
>>
So does the team have someone in charge of PR?

4chan games tend to have pretty good press online especially of they're ambitious like Katawa Shojo and this one isn't ironic like Clover so some gaming site is sure to approach you guys.
>>
>>32670124
ah yes, promoting fangames in the age of C&Ds
real smart stuff there
>>
>>32670124
Google pokemon sage. It has had more than enough publicity.
>>
>>32669315
Viipii was specifically made to be the /vp/ chansey/audino.

The reason fairy type has no place is that this game will never be perfectly up to date and a line needs to be drawn somewhere. And that line was drawn after gen 5.
If fairy is added, many more gen 6 mechanics will need to be added, like steel not resisting dark and ghost, and in that case we need all the new fairy moves too, and in that case we need etc. etc. Then all the balancing and playtesting goes out the window and every gen 6 mechanic needs to be surveyed and the specifics decided, and the wiki updated.
And hey while we're at it, let's add Z moves!
The main problem with sage is how long it's taking to come out, not with how up to date it's type chart is.
>>
>>32664365
>it was made

no it wasn't. Its still not made.
>>
>>32670553
See >>32670548
>>
>>32670548
>Viipii was specifically made to be the /vp/ chansey/audino.

Sure, but to use sage memes, chansey audino not being fairy is a gf mistake
>>
>>32671239
>it's pink so it should be fairy
There are people who are this retarded
>>
>>32671419
gf really fucking wasted fairy type potential with this shit
>>
>>32671419
There are people this retarded. They think that Nurshary being pink means it should be water/fairy.
>>
>>32670078
If you seriously think that this guy has anything to do with the clover devs you're retarded. He is the same shitposter you see on every single fakemon thread, including Clover and Sage.
>>
>muh, Soon(tm)
>muh, "internal play testing"
>muh, no one ever said you had to contribute to follow the Skype
>muh, our inktank hugbox model is much more productive than the one and done survey model

Was anyone in this project ever honest about anything?
>>
>>32667283
>Camerupt hasn't even graduated high school.
What's the hold up then? Literally has the only reasonable free time he'll ever have.
>>
>>32673714
fuck off nuttypoo
>>
>>32671419
It's not just being Pink, it's also being ambiguously blobbly and monster like as well as having healing and support movesets.

Face it, anon, Chansey and Audino should have been made fairy
>>
>>32674197
Pink and blobby equals being a fairy, say that to Lickitung
>>
>>32674197
Do you really want Chansey to be a fairy type?
>>
File: ULTIMATE CHANCER.png (594KB, 1182x1240px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE CHANCER.png
594KB, 1182x1240px
>>32674659
SEEMS TO WORK OKAY AS A GHOST, SO WHY NOT?
>>
What went wrong with Sage?
>>
>>32667472
If you were to make a new survey now, Fairy type would make it in for sure.
The old survey was made back when we didn't even know fairy type would ever be a thing. We didn't have the necessary information to form a valid opinion. It would've been fine if the game was released 4 years ago, but it's still on dévelopment. So why drag on old outdated decisions?
>>
>>32661876
because it's fucking dead except 3tops posting his WIPs on 4+4chan secret board
>>
>>32674793
They're on discord now. Watch recent changes on the wiki you mong.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.