[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS are better than XY and SM.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire.jpg (214KB, 980x436px) Image search: [Google]
omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire.jpg
214KB, 980x436px
ORAS are better than XY and SM.
>>
>>32658569
Take DP, XY and SM and throw them in the trash.

And then ORAS will be the worst in the series.
>>
>>32658576

>ORAS worse than GS

that's funny.
>>
>>32658569
Nope.
>>
>>32658580
How is GS bad when they're the only games in the franchise that actually feels like a sequel.
>>
>>32658608

only half the gym leaders use Johto Pokemon, most of the Johto pokemon are trash and only got good when they introduced abilities and retconned some typings, or just gave them new evolutions; Yeah, it feels like a sequel, in that it isn't as good as RBY and needed a remake to be a good game.
>>
>>32658695
GSC added more to the series than any other Pokemon game. RSE is the only other games that come close. If you actually think this then you must be underage.
>>
>>32658704

yeah, they added so many things they forgot to make game fun.
>>
>>32658710
Please explain how does half the gym leaders not using Johto Pokemon makes the game unfun.
>>
>>32658710
You've got such a weird and combative opinion.
>>
>>32658745
because it doesn't give them a chance to shine. everyone remembers Miltank because it wrecked your shit. the gym leaders before that? both of them use Pokemon from the previous gen that are basically jokes, despite there being new pokemon that about as strong as the ones being used.
>>
File: 566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png (366KB, 566x599px) Image search: [Google]
566px-New_Mauville_ORAS.png
366KB, 566x599px
>>32658569
ORAS are better than SM but I hate ORAS a lot more than I hate SM because it's a remake that fucks up the games it was remaking, while SM are just standalone games with less to prove.
>>
>>32658884
>SM are just standalone games with less to prove
SM are the 20th anniversary games, and the first games since 2008 to come out after a year with no main game.

They had way more to prove than ORAS.
>>
>>32658919
The last one was BW2 in 2012. BW1 came in 2010, with nothing in 2011. And 2008 had Platinum, 2007 was the break year around then.
>>
>>32658931
BW came out in 2011 in America and Europe.
>>
>>32658935
Irrelevant to Game Freak's development cycle.
>>
>>32658776
That one thing doesn't make the entire game unfun though. There are a number of very rare Pokemon each generation, do they make the game unfun because they aren't shoved in your face?
>>
ORAS is better than XY. Not sure about SM
>>
>>32661397
XY are better than SM
>>
>>32658919
What I meant when I said that was, SM isn't directly build off any other game the way a remake is. SM being bad doesn't piss off any part of me that likes a specific older game, it's just bad. Meanwhile Emerald is one of my favorites, so when ORAS was a pile of shit it specifically pissed me off because of the things it did worse than Emerald (and there are a lot of those things).
>>
Lets see...

XY is pretty bad outside of new features
ORAS is a decent remake with all the good features of XY with dexnav, soaring, and blissey bases.
Sun and moon lacks post game and any kind of grinding for hyper training. Also missing some good gen 6 features.
ORAS is objectively the best 3ds games thus far.
>>
>>32661555
>ORAS is a decent remake

LOL
>>
Platinum>HgSs>SM>GSC>RBGY>BW>BW2>Emerald>FrLg>XY>RS>DP>OrAs
<<<<<<<<<Pokemon Stadium 2
>>
>>32658710
>they added so many things to make them work
>>
>>32661710
It's a decent remake of RS :^)
>>
>>32661410
no.
>>
>>32661812
You're dumb.
>>
>>32658569
Well no shit, they're second entries of a generation.
>>
>>32665316
And yet they're worse than XY and SM. Strange huh?
>>
>>32658776
>everyone remembers Miltank because it wrecked your shit
i remember miltank because of the cute girl using it.
>>
>>32665361
They weren't though, but whatever
>>
>>32665388
They were though, but whatever
>>
oras is the best game in the series
>>
>>32658569
Worst remakes though
>>
ORAS had a huge world, tons of fun legendaries to catch, underwater areas, lots of places to explore, new mega evolutions. To me, Oras is the best games of the series. Also, I love all three of the Oras legendaries a lot.

SM can't even compare. The world of SM was soooo tiny and linear. Nothing required actually exploring because the story led you through every path of every tiny island..... I literally only need rowlet and his evolutions till the fourth island lol. I had to use other Pokemon for the sake of using other Pokemon before the fourth island, everyone was just so easy to beat... The legendaries in SM were very meh. Lunala and solgaleo are kinda cool... Necrozma is pretty decent. But tapus we're meh. Ultra beasts were by and large not good looking. The game was overall super easy to beat, very limited endgame play, very tiny world.

XY had a pretty decent sized world. But very few legendaries to go after around endgame. And skaaaaaaates!!! Those were the worst thing ever lol.

I hope they remake DP in ORAS fashion.
>>
Anyone saying ORAS was somehow awful just needs to complain about something I feel... Especially if you want to also say SM were somehow better... In which case your opinion is garbage and not worth listening to.
>>
>>32665906
I hope this is bait. Oras didn´t had a huge world, RSE did, Oras was a gimped down version of that.

They didn´t change the size at all while your character can remarkably walk faster.

ORAS was a mistake. XY was shit with all this skating the most linear routes. But it still had a good variety of places, a kinda new story. ORAS was taking RS, ignoring Emerald and then shitting on the game.

Hurr durr let´s just take this legendaries, what do you mean we should put an effort and make at least a small room where the player can walk to the sprite? Nah.
>>
Yeah... Nothing about the rant above was valid
>>
>>32658608
>BW2
>>
>>32665921
>SM
new Pokemon
new region
new story/characters
new mechanics
no HMs
shit post-game

>ORAS
no new pokemon
rehashed region
rehashed story
no new mechanics
HMs are annoying as fuck
shit post-game

ORAS is goddamn terrible, it's a remake yet the post-game is just as shitty as XY and SM and it's missing features even fucking XY had like gym leader rematches and customization, and it stripped down things like the safari zone, game corner, berry blending, granite cave, and sky tower for no good reason while still leaving all the flaws that could've been updated like the horrendous HM usage (THREE WATER HMS JUST TO TRAVERSE THE LATTER PART OF THE REGION) and shit pokemon variety with Linoone and Pelipper everywhere.

>b-but muh dexnav
utterly irrelevant for 90% of the game and by the time it DOES become useful it's still shit if you already completed the pokedex in any of the prior games.

>b-but muh blissey bases
who gives a fuck, cartridge is terrible for multiplayer anyway without pkhex.
>>
>>32665470 #
I want to agree with this, but the lack of gym leader rematches, and a Game Corner replacement annoy me too much. Also the fact that they didn't even update the Battle Maison with Hoenn trainer classes. We still battle all those annoying trainer classes that were in XY, like Cheff, Owner, Gentleman, etc which don't fit Hoenn at all!

It's sad, because DexNav and Soaring are brilliant features. So all ORAS needed was to not fuck up the above features and it would've been the best game (even without a Frontier).
>>
>>32658569
SM has a better story (I guess) but its gameplay and level design are either mediocre or plain old bad. ORAS at least has Hoenn which is far, far better than Alola.

It's not really hard to be better with gameplay than SM and XY though. I know people are gonna say "but trials!" or "but z-moves!" but the reality is that trials are simpler gyms and z-moves aren't that interesting compared to a whole new form.
>>
>>32665363
Lies.
>>
>>32668915
>no HMs
Just pokemon that you may or may not like perma-HM slaved with no option to change rides.
>no new mechanics
DexNav says hi. I wish it hadn't opened up as early as it did, but goddamn it was one hell of a new mechanic.
>>
>>32669228
>Just pokemon that you may or may not like perma-HM slaved
They're not a part of your team, so no. It's not the same thing at all.

>DexNav says hi.
not a new mechanic. It's just an overhyped grindy gimmick.
>>
>>32661812
Platinum > B2W2 > BW > Emerald > HGSS > DP > RS > FRLG > XY > ORAS > SM > GSC > RBGY
>>
>>32669245
How is DexNav not a new mechanic? Is this bait?
>>
>>32669245
Said overhyped grindy gimmick actually got me interested in a living dex, and therefore spending real money on the Bank, so, yeah, I guess that works.
>>
Again, SM had tiny, tiny unexplorable region. Very underwhelming legendaries. No postgame... And it was very, very easy until the 4th island where it got slightly more challenging.

ORAS >>>>>>>>>>>>SM

Screw new Pokemon and region. If they aren't good and gameplay sucks, those things alone don't make it a better game. And someone pointed out that ORAS wasn't as good because it was a rehashed region with no new Pokemon. It was literally a god damn remake. What kind of stupid argument was that supposed to be?
>>
>>32669425
>press button
>maybe get a wild encounter
>if you don't get a wild encounter walk for a while and then press button again

wow what a great innovative new mechanic wow!!!!!
>>
>>32658569
Fuck you OP you are correct and after playing SM I went back and played the other version of ORAS I didn't play and had a ton more fun than XY and SM combined.
>>
>>32669786
Yeah... It's just different from chaining in SM.... You use Dex nav to get better IV and possibly shiny Pokemon with better ability.

I don't know that you don't get about that.
>>
>>32669786
>Boot up game
>Press button
>Things happen
lol why do you even videogame it's so simple and boring
>>
>>32669848
>haha i'm oversimplying le video game to try and make him look wrong even though what he described is literally all what the dexnav does xD

>>32669840
but it's not a new mechanic. It's just a gimmick.
>>
>>32669879
>>haha i'm oversimplying le video game
Yes, that's my point. You were oversimplifying, so I one upped you to show how childish you were being.
The fact you noticed how idiotic my reply was reflects on you.
>>
>>32669786
If you want to be this inane then what new mechanics does SM even offer? You can easily trivialize z moves using your shitty ass logic.
>>
>>32669879
>It's just a gimmick.
So are megas and Z-moves. Your point?
>>
>>32668915
Those things you listed shouldn't be compared to each other considering ones a new generation game and ones a remake of an old game so of course people would gravitate more to a new game over one they're played before.
>>
>>32669933
Megas are new forms. Z moves are new moves. Z moves can be argued to be a new mechanic because how they're tied to a Pokemon's move is fundamentally different from anything else seen before in the series. Dexnav isn't a new mechanic. It's a gimmick.

>>32669886
>Yes, that's my point.
And my point is that your point doesn't work.

>>32669953
>so of course people would gravitate more to a new game over one they're played before.
BW2 and HGSS say otherwise.
>>
>>32670062
>le wacky animation is the same as individual moves with specific numbers and effect information based on the move it's attached to

no.
>>
>>32670011
>BW2 and HGSS say otherwise.
No they don't, they say exactly what he said. Both of those games sold less than the first entries of their generation.
>>
>>32670112
Sales don't equate to quality.

>>32670154
>one is relevant to the core basis of the franchise while the other is aesthetic

yes. And Dexnav isn't a new feature.
>>
>>32670165
I don't give a fuck about your opinion on quality. That's irrelevant here. That anon said that people gravitate to a new game more than remakes. The sales show just that. You're wrong.
>>
>>32669245
Soaring then
>>
>>32670172
This entire thread is about opinion on quality. No one gives a fuck about sales except Nintendo, GF, and TPCi.
>>
>>32670189
Sure, but this >>32669953 is referring to an objective fact. So I don't give a fuck about the rest of the thread or their opinions. People gravitate to new games more than they do remakes and third versions. This is not something you can deny.
>>
>>32658580
>ORAS is so bad it has to be compared with a GB game known for having glaring flaws
That's sad
>>
>>32668915
ORAS had new megas. SM did not.

ORAS had way more things to do than SM. And a lot of them weren't multiplayer dependent, which made it all the better.

>Cartridge is terrible for multiplayer
It's not though? I'm not playing vgcs or fun stuff like Kanto Classic with the limited people on showdown. It is terrible if you're lazy though. And in that case, you shouldn't even be playing.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.