[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug/Ground > Bug/Flying > Bug/Dragon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: cd1.png (93KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
cd1.png
93KB, 400x285px
Bug/Ground > Bug/Flying > Bug/Dragon
>>
>>32657984
The whole line should be Bug/Ground, they have Levitate for the Wings and there aren't any good Bug/Grounds (I mean there's Wormadam but no one even knows that Pokemon exists)

If you want a Bug/Dragon use the Yanma line.
>>
File: ledian.jpg (29KB, 211x320px) Image search: [Google]
ledian.jpg
29KB, 211x320px
Bug/Fighting
>>
Earthquake is prefered
>>
>>32657994
Just one small problem, anon...
>>
>>32658231
And that is?
>>
>>32657984
This. I've always thought this is how the line should have been.

>>32657994
Yeah right. Because it's a dragonfly. GTFO faggot!
>>
>>32657984
>Bug
enjoy your weaknesses to Rock and Flying
>>
>>32658257
You know what it is.
>>
>>32658417
>Kingdra is a Dragon type because it's based off of a Sea Dragon
>Exeggutor is a Dragon type because it's based off of a plant named Dracaena which is close enough to Dragon
>Mega Ampharos is a Dragon type because it's name in Japanese can be a pun for Dragon
When there's a fucking slug that can be a Dragon, there's no reason a DRAGONfly can't be Dragon type.

>>32658431
N-No I don't.
>>
>>32657984
bug/ground with dragon dance sounds better

also, yes, yanmega should be bug/dragon. i dont care if the japanese name for dragonfly doesnt have dragon in it, gf has a boner for making pokemon that make sense in only one region.
>>
>>32657994
this guy gets it
>>
The Flygon line is based off sanddragons anyways, so Ground/Dragon still works just fine. Let them keep their types.
>>
>>32660302
But we already got a ground/dragon with Garchomp.
>>
>>32657984
Flygon looks nothing like a antlion anymore. Basically all the insectoid elements are gone and it is just another reptilian dragon. Vibrava is the only one that actually looks like an insect, Trapinch is also very stylized to the point that nobody would know it was supposed to be an antlion larva if not for the pit digging behavior.
Flygon's whole deal is that it is the mystical spirit of the sandstorm. Ground is without doubt the type it is the most strongly associated with.

As someone else said in the thread take Yanmega instead. Since its concept is literally a ancient monstrous dragonfly.
>>
>>32660313
Flygon is the original Ground/Dragon
>>
Water/Steel

It has fucking steel cannons protruding from its shell!
>>
>>32660325
We could use a Bug/Dragon.
>>
>>32660319
This thread isn't about flygon >>32657997

Post yanmega if you want.
>>
>>32660325
and the "original" is inferior in every way
>>
>>32660313
We already got Dragon/Flying with Dragonite, Salamence, Altaria, and Rayquaza. Type repetition isn't anything new. Still, fair point.
>>
>>32657984
>everyone wants Flygon to be buffed with a Mega or something to that extent
>Everyone wants Flygon to be worse by having the worst type in the game attached to it

what did /vp/ mean by this
>>
>>32660351
It looks like a bug.
>>
>>32657984
Should be a pseudo with Aron > Lairon > Aggron.
>>
>>32660353
Vibrava does.
Flygon does not.
>>
>>32660361
Yes, it looks like a bug. Are you blind?
>>
>>32660366
It looks more like a lizard than an insect.
>>
>>32660337
Not really.

Bug/Dragon is tied with Grass/Dragon as one of the worst typings in the game. You cannot make it work unless you slap a horribly overpowered ability and retarded stats as a compensation

>32660340
No one cares
Go circlejerk about garchomp somewhere else
>>
>>32660328
Only mono typed gen 1 starter final evo too. It's a shame they didn't retcon it in gen 2, they only needed to place a few reflective marks/sheens on the shell and everyone would assume it is bronze or brass with steel cannons
>>
>>32660337
It doesn't have to be a type change of an existing mon
>>
>>32660373
>Bug/Dragon
>Half bug looking half lizard looking
Lel
>>
>>32660374
Make it a pseudo.

Bug/Dragon is better than Rock/Ground or Rock/Ice.
>>
>>32660393
It's only body part that makes it look vaguely insectoid are the eyes (more specifically the eye shields)

Everything else screams "dragon"
>>
>>32660383
No, but it could be typed better. How can Flygon compete against Garchomp?
>>
>>32660393
It looks nothing like a bug though.
The visors, horns and wings look nothing like anything found on an insect. Everything else is clearly reptilian.
Every element that was insect-like in Vibrava was changed in Flygon.
>>
>>32660399
In that case just make a Bug/Dragon pseudo. Not every mon in existance has to be up there with Garchomp, Landorus and the Fairies of Healthy Meta.
>>
>>32660421
yeah, it can be up there with Kommo-o and Goodra
>>
>>32660407
>Eyes, wings, egg group, antennae, learn a lot of bug moves.
Lel
>>
>>32657984
Why? Bug is pretty shit, doesn't bring it anything worthwhile. You're losing one of the best types in the game for one of the worst here.

Bug/Ground is better than Bug/Dragon if you do insist on bug. Better STAB coverage, better defensively, just better. Arguably might give it a niche over ground/dragon but I doubt it.

Do you think drapion should be bug type also? What about the crabs, crabs are arthropods, should be bugs.
>>
>>32660399
Rock/Ground is a very good STAB combination that would work great on a fast physical glass cannon Pokemon had it ever existed. Rock/Ice somewhat less so but a fast physical sweeper with a decent movepool could also work. The only reason people even think it sucks is because it got slapped on a slow fossil shitmon with mediocre attacking stats and shallow movepool.

Bug/Dragon on the other hand it's terrible offensively AND defensively. It has tons of common weaknesses, its STABs don't cover each other up and are resisted by fucking everything (including the increasingly dominant Fairies). There is no way to make a good Pokemon out of this without reworking the entire type chart from the ground up.
>>
>>32660438
Scorpions aren't bugs, Drapion is fine like this.
>>
>>32660450
Skorupi is bug type tho
>>
>>32660438
>Do you think drapion should be bug type also?
Yeah, it's a fucking bug
>What about the crabs, crabs are arthropods, should be bugs.
Nah
>>
>>32660416
Why does it have to "compete" against Garchomp in the first place?

I swear you retarded starterfags will try to start a war between everything these days
>>
>>32660452
True, not sure what GF did that for. Either way, Flygon and Drapion's typings are fine.
>>32660458
Again they're not bugs, scorpions are closer to spiders.
>>
>>32660465
every spider pokemon is a bug type
>>
>>32660465
All spidermons are Bugs.

And again skorupi is a bug type.
>>
>>32660465
>scorpions are closer to spiders
Gamefreak really shat the bed making spiders bug types. Then again, we've never had a spider with 8 legs. They all have 6. It's weird.
>>
>>32660468
And spiders are much closer to bugs than scorpions are. Something like Ariados makes sense, but Drapion shouldn't get bug type.
>>32660475
That's why Skorupi shouldn't be bug in the first place, but it doesn't really matter considering it's just a pre-evo.
>>
>>32660488
>And spiders are much closer to bugs than scorpions are.
They're both arachnids.
>>
File: 199c455e30986c92a3c16065bbb3171f.png (166KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
199c455e30986c92a3c16065bbb3171f.png
166KB, 1000x1000px
>>32660488
Is this bait?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 989x1022px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 989x1022px
>>32660450
>Scorpions aren't bugs
>>
>>32660500
I'm dead serious.
>>32660498
Fair enough, they're both arachnids. Only other excuse I could find for GF is that spiders are usually considered bugs, but eh. I just don't want everything crawly to be locked into Bug type.
>>
>>32660488
>spiders arent bugs
>scorpions are spiders
>spiders are bugs
>scorpions arent spiders
wew lad
>>
>>32660432
It has obvious vertebrate eyes with a lens over them. That's like saying a man wearing goggles literally have insect eyes.
The wings are solid muscly parallelograms. Literally nothing similar exists in any living animal. Insect or reptile.
The horns look nothing like antennas. They point backwards, are think at the stems and point at the tip. The exact opposite of what antennas should be. Their only use would be as horns for self defense.

As for egg group that is easily because its pre evolutions are more big-like than it. As mentioned all the insect-like elements that exist in Vibrava are toned down or completely gone in Flygon. Look at Gligar, it is in the same egg group because it has some vague insect inspiration, but only an absolute retard would say that it should be be Bug(Poison on the other hand would make a lot of sense).
Moves is such a non-point. Reminder that Aggron is Steel/Rock and didn't learn a single Rock move while leveling until gen VI.
>>
>>32660533
Yeah I probably should have phrased that better. Spiders aren't Hemiptera, so they're not bugs either, sorry.
>>
>>32660488
Bug is just a general term mainly used for small crawling shitheads. There are many people that refer to creatures like snails as bugs though despite not being remotely related to insects.
>>
File: no spiders here.png (346KB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
no spiders here.png
346KB, 800x1044px
>>32660486
>Then again, we've never had a spider with 8 legs. They all have 6. It's weird.
>its true
We've yet to have a spider pokemon confirmed
>>
>>32660549
Yeah, that's probably the only reason why things like Ariados are bugs. Still, would you want everything crawly to be a bug? We wouldn't have had Poison/Dark until Muk decided to turn into an oil spill.
>>
>>32660556
You forgetting my wife skuntank?
>>
>>32660563
>Skuntank
>You have been challenged by Commander Mars!
On one hand, thanks for correcting me. On the other hand, I wish you hadn't.
>>
>>32660563
Actually that might have been Jupiter. I really need to play Platinum again
>>
>>32660486

"Bug" is slang for any arthropod or creepy crawlie type creature. So it's fine.
>>
>>32660604
Oh shit I'm getting memories from that one thread by reading this.
>>
>>32660382
>Giving Blastoise more weaknesses
Please no. I know people want stab Flash Cannon, and Toxic immunity, but it's not worth the extra baggage.
>>
>>32660745
nigga you dumb steel is the best type in the game
>more weaknesses
>but now you resist nearly every other fucking type in the game
boo hoo
>>
>>32660534

>obvious vertebrate eyes

What the fuck does this even mean? Many bug type Pokemon have generic cartoony eyes that look nothing like an actual insect's.

>The wings are solid muscly parallelograms. Literally nothing similar exists in any living animal. Insect or reptile.

They look like heavily stylized insectoid wings.
>>
>>32660416
bug/dragon is a worse typing than ground/dragon. flygon is better off "competing" with garchomp while holding onto its great ground stab, rather than becoming a bug and losing it.
>>
>>32660675
Tell me more
>>
>>32660745
water/steel is one of the best combinations in the game you mong. neutral to 4, weak to 3, immune to 1 and resistant to 10.
>>
>>32660745
You're only weak to 3 things, fighting, ground, and electric.

You're now resistant to normal, flying, rock, bug, steel (1/4), water, psychic, ice (1/4), dragon, and fairy. Also immune to poison.
>>
>>32660416
Just because same type doesn't mean they're competing
Flygon and Garchomp do different things
>>
File: 250px-466Electivire.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-466Electivire.png
57KB, 250x250px
Fighting/Electric
>>
>>32660921
>because it has big arms
>>
>>32660921
>fighting
Enjoy your PU
>>
If gamefreak jumped the shark again and introduced triple types, one of the mons they retcon is flygon, which is now a ground/dragon/bug type.

This means it is now weak to ice, fairy, dragon and flying, and resists fighting, grass and poison, being immune to electric and ground (levitate). It gains a flying weakness, a grass resist, and loses the rock and fire resists.

How pissed/happy would you be about it?
>>
>>32660938
Depends if they also added something else on top of it (a proper hidden ability would be great)

Otherwise it's just another wasted opportunity like no Mega
>>
>>32660883
A thread just like this one, although I think it was about spider mons deserving to be bug types or not.

Halfway through it got heavily derailed by two autists arguing with each other on if the term "bug" is a scientific synonym for insect and thus does not include spiders or is a slang used to reffer to any small arthropod that crawls.
>>
File: 1442400055682.jpg (36KB, 400x400px)
1442400055682.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>32657984
>Bug/Flying > Bug/Dragon
>>
Is there a reason Elektross isnt Water/Electric
>>
>>32661008
Because of its gimmick of having no weaknesses thanks to levitate.

If it was electric/water it'd be a worse rotom-wash. Not to say that it shouldn't be water/electric tho.
>>
>>32660822
>What the fuck does this even mean? Many bug type Pokemon have generic cartoony eyes that look nothing like an actual insect's.
It means that the eyes aren't insectoid How did you not understand that? Nobody is saying Scyther is Bug because of his eyes.
>They look like heavily stylized insectoid wings.
They're literally two parallelograms with a red outline. What kind of insect wings do you think looks like that? Again, all the elements that made them insect like, like there being four of them and the way they actually move during flight was removed in the transition from Vibrava to Flygon. Look how Flygon flaps its wings, no insect wings work like that.
>>
>>32658442
And all of those are retarded just like (You).
>>
>>32660987
?
>>
>>32661008
there is, game freak decided not to make it one.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.