[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 5 was perfect >Gen 6 was ok >Gen 7 was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11

File: 1484997505887.jpg (76KB, 319x163px) Image search: [Google]
1484997505887.jpg
76KB, 319x163px
>Gen 5 was perfect
>Gen 6 was ok
>Gen 7 was a mistake
>>
File: 1485307170692.png (331KB, 396x468px) Image search: [Google]
1485307170692.png
331KB, 396x468px
>>32656993
>implying any of those
Gen 7 blueballed me hard though
>>
>>32656993
I think Gen 4-5 had the perfect balance in terms of graphics.
>>
>>32656993
What made gen 5's walking animation perfect?

I do understand that SM's was a little awkward though.
>>
gen 6 XY was a mistake
gen 6 ORAS was great
Gen 7 was ok. The weak alola mon were a mistake
>>
>>32656993
Gen 5 would've been perfect if they hadn't completely destroyed the visuals.

Pixel clusterfuck battles, way heavy pixel noise sprites with shitty animations. Gen 4 was clean and polished and looked like an evolution, while Gen 5 just sidestepped and ended up fucking up the graphics just to distinguish itself from Gen 4.

Literally unplayable.
>>
>>32657026
DP were supposed to have the 3D perspective inside houses, etc. that BW has though.
>>
>>32657014
2D sprites with 3D world should be the staple
>>
>>32657040

Hg/Ss had a test area for that anyway. The outside area of the light house has the gen 5 camera.
>>
File: 632897438294.png (135KB, 295x304px) Image search: [Google]
632897438294.png
135KB, 295x304px
>>32656993
Why do SM haters ignore that the games objectively improved the series by removing HMs?
>>
>>32657058
I'm sure no one denies that. it's just like most things with gamefreak, they add a nice feature while taking away 3 or 4 others with each new game and it's so dang silly.
>>
>>32657054
>Hg/Ss
>not HGSS or HG/SS
It's time to stop.
>>
>>32657054
And Platinum has the Distortion World.
>>
>>32657076
I would've embraced that more had the whole game not felt like one huge tutorial.
>>
>gen 6 was ok
but that's wrong
>>
>Gen 6 was ok
Nice try KalosFag.
Gen 6 was the worst.
>>
>>32657026
nice bait
>>
>>32656993
>good
>great
>great
>awesome
>godsend
>ok
>shit

BW was the pinnacle of pokemon, afterward it just went downhill.
>>
>>32657051
Agreed. Pokemon games aren't /comfy/ with the Gen 6/7 style.
>>
Taste Thread?

>1
Meh
>2
Awesome
>3
Good
>4
Good
>5
Perfect
>6
Meh
>7
>4h of game
Just kill me now
>>
>>32657682
I've enjoyed every single game except for repeated playthroughs of SM and the entirety of gen 4 barring HGSS.
>>
>>32657026
actually 100% agree, it has good music, decent story but I feel DPPT story was when things begin going a little out of hand and B/W is when they dropped the fucking ball last nail in the coffin, and then theres you know, the look of the game. I actually quit after 2nd gym when I got B/W was so diconnected from the story line at the time since I didn't care about Polkatics and looking at the game caused minor eye cancer.

Looking back its probably better looking then or modern day failed 3d but holy fuck its still bad, especially your mon in a ball, its like they took the high-resolution models, shrunk them to 16x16, then saved. Reopened then stretched them back to the previous resolution. C A N C E R

TL;DR
>Gen 5 was OK as a game but story was hit or miss, graphics were shit all around, blend didn't work. A U T I S M
>>
>>32658210
clicked post by mistake couldnt fix fuck ups, I meant to say the mon on your side of the field*
thats the worse part of the graphics for sure, despite all of being shit.

I eventually replaced it but didnt even give b/w2 a try due to my distaste for the game itself. LOVE the mons from that gen though, is b/w2 worth stomaching now that the horrors of 3d have made gen 5 look bearable?
>>
>>32658218
There's a really annoying forced tutorial after the second gym but it's not a bad game overall.
>>
>>32657660
BW was by FAR the worst gen

B2W2 had a great story but the graphics and pokemon were still shit.
>>
>>32656993

Every game is shit lol! Are you mad, /vp/?

/a/ girl by the way :3
>>
>>32658229
>W2 gives you a free Defiant Braviary and a low level Volcarona
>shit

get a load of this guy
>>
>>32658241
I mean gen 5 pokemons are shit as a whole, I'm not talking about the pokemon available in-game

Some of them had great design but overall it's the worst region design wise
>>
>>32658258
I got to agree because they went soft-reboot and then decided they wanted to copy the Kanto dex anyway. What's even the point then?
>>
>>32657018
I like XY's running animation the most, most of the running animations are alright otherwise except the SM boy. All the walking ones except SM are okay.
>>
>>32658258
huh? some of its designs are amazing, and it added tons of new fun mons competitive wise. Some of my top faves:
Zoroark, Jellicent, Galvantuala, Krokodile, Darmantian, Hydregion, Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Whimsicott, Liepard, Chandlure and Reuniculus are just some of my favorite DESIGNS, they all got used competitively (not all OU but even liewpard can still be used there)

And if I were to add ones I think are OK aesthetically for me but LOVE using it'd be at least have the roster.

You seriously think most the designs suck?
That's a hard opinion to swallow anon.
>>
>>32658287
I only liked Jellicent, Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Whimsicott and Gothitelle
>>
>>32658258
>Some of them had great design but overall it's the worst region design wise
that's what happens when you have 150+ new pokemon in one gen, there's gonna be a lot of weak designs.
Though overall i like unova pokemon more than the ones in all the generations before it, there's something that make me like them a lot more.
>>
>>32658359
meh say that to gen 6 or 7, a lot of mediocre/shit designs and they had like 20 per gen

Gonna be the hipster fag here but
>FIRST 2 GENS = BEST DESIGNS
>>
>>32657682

sure
>1
Eh
>2
Just kill me now
>3
Good
>4
Good
>5
only played Black & White, those were alright
>6
eh
>7
alright
>>
>>32658237
That's because you're best game, baby girl. Want to prove me wrong, heh? ;)
>>
>>32658396
>meh say that to gen 6 or 7, a lot of mediocre/shit designs and they had like 20 per gen
gen 6 and 7 had a good ratio of good designs

>Gonna be the hipster fag here but, FIRST 2 GENS = BEST DESIGNS
gen 1 had just as many bad designs as gen 5 did if not more, and gen 2 was meh, not bad but not good either.
>>
Hate me all you want but...
>Gen 1 was cancer and hard to play, all around boring
>gen 2 was an improved version of gen 1, making it more fun imo
>gen 3 was annoying to play for me in the end, but still fun as heck
>gen 4 is where I have my god level, because Pearl was my first game, plus you get platinum, and HGSS
>gen 5 took it a bit astray, but nonetheless fun.
>gen 6 had its problems, but the story was good and the new pokemon it added were pretty cool, along with ORAS being a thing. mega evolutions are tight
>gen 7 is one of my favorites. The feel of the game is nice and the change from the normal pokemon formula was nice. all around fun experience, although the whole ultra beast thing was retarded as hell, bc aliens aren't pokemon, they're fucking aliens.
>>
>>32657682
>1
Meh
>2
Aright
>3
Awesome
>4
Good
>5
Great
>6
Good
>7
Bad
>>
>>32658643
Also, i'd like to add
>Gen 5 had a sick as fuck story but generally weak pokemon design which is what made it meh for me.
>>
Taste

>Gen 1
Didn't play at its time. Went back to play Yellow once during gen 3, didn't quite like it.

>Gen 2
Got Gold just when it came out. Being a Gen 2 fag makes it 10/10. Although now that we have infinite TMs and PSS split, it dropped down to 7/10.

>Gen 3
Pretty much same as Gen 2. 10/10 when it came out, 7/10 now.

>Gen 4
D/P kind of sucked. Overall a 6/10.
Platinum one of those perfect games, 10/10 when it came out, 9/10 because of no infinite TMs now.
HGSS 10/10. Nothing to say.

>Gen 5
BW1 was great, the lack of old Pokemon was very nice, but the back sprites in battle looked horrible, so that was a 9/10.
BW2 still had the backsprite problem, but the rating is 10/10 because of being the best game in history.

>Gen 6
Skipped

>Gen 7
Haven't played yet. Will probably skip
>>
>>32657058
It's a good thing for sure, but not enough to make me forget about the other things in SM i dont agree with
>>
File: IMG_3299.jpg (59KB, 818x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3299.jpg
59KB, 818x640px
>>32658266
>they wanted to copy the Kanto dex anyway

Sick of this retarded meme. The majority of the Unova dex was original.
>>
>>32658297

You need to expand your taste. There are way more good designs than that. WAY more.
>>
gen 5 is shit
>>
>>32657014
Dppt has for me, the ugliest artstyle/visuals of the whole franchise.
>>
>>32657058
I would've preferred to carry Fly than be forced to see that fat lizard who isn't even in the Alolan dex every time.
>>
>>32657058
>limited roster
>even more obvious sign what pogeymen should be able to do.
>>
>>32656993
>gen 1 was a phenomenal experience at the time
>gen 2 was a great sequel
>gen 3 was a brand new experience
>gen 4 was an adventure
>gen 5 was fresh
>gen 6 was innovating
>gen 7 was perfect
>>
"gen 5 was perfect"

Are you retarded
>>
>>32659147

He hasn't said anything about Gen 2 being good, so we know he's not a retarded nostalgiafag.
>>
>>32657682
>1
Okay
>2
Meh
>3
Good
>4
Great
>5
Perfect
>6
Kill me
>7
Bad
>>
>>32659165
most of current /vp/ couldnt even read or wasnt even born when gen 2 came out
>>
>>32657058
One step forward 10 steps back.
>>
All games are arguably good besides anything that's Gen VI or later.
>>
>>32659239
I think you meant anything that's Gen II or later
>>
>>32658643

>Gen 1 was cancer and hard to play, all around boring
>gen 2 was an improved version of gen 1, making it more fun imo
>gen 3 was annoying to play for me in the end, but still fun as heck
>gen 4 is where I have my god level, because Pearl was my first game, plus you get platinum, and HGSS
>gen 5 took it a bit astray, but nonetheless fun.
>gen 6 had its problems, but the story was good and the new pokemon it added were pretty cool, along with ORAS being a thing. mega evolutions are tight
>gen 7 is one of my favorites.

Stopped reading here
>>
>>32659135
literally the only correct post
>>
>>32659059
>unovan zubat
>unovan geodude
>unovan tentacool
>unovan magikarp
>unovan machop
>>
>>32657682
>1
classic, can't hate it but it doesnt stand out on its own
>2
easily the peak of the classic era pokemon games. probably the only time Gamefreak expanded on the previous games without removing features as well.

>3
hugely disapointing as a kid, i was upset about not being able to go back to previous regions or trade over pokemon from the last 2 gens. also, the national pokedex was impossible to complete until nearly the end of the generation. Emerald fixed most of the problems i had with R/S. FR/LG were pretty good remakes though, the sevii islands should have been the focus of a new game instead of remaking the originals

>4
most of my friends grew out of pokemon at this point. i still kept playing, but without all of your friends to trade and battle with, the games lose a lot of value. at least these had Wifi and GTS to resolve some of that. Platinum and HGSS are still some of the best games of the series.

>5
in my opinion, Pokemon peaked at B/W. HGSS and Platinum were great, and BW2 was amazing as well. these are the last outstanding pokemon games. BW felt like a return to the classic era pokemon without outright pandering to nostalgia. i dont know why this is the most hated gen. the pokemon designs are much more simplistic compared to gen 3 and 4, and the emphasis on storytelling in this gen was the best in the series

>6
the games are finally in full-3d, but at what cost? i forgave the errors at first, hoping that most of the development time was used on making the 3D models for so many pokemon, but ORAS and SM showed that i was wrong. Megas were nice, but they should have been given only to underpowered pokemon instead of already OP mons. the smaller amount of new pokemon isnt my biggest complaint, but it felt disappointing when almost all of the pokemon were officially revealed before the games came out, not leaving many surprises to find.
>>
>>32659744
i stopped reading when he said gen 4 was his first.
>>
>>32660609
>unovan magikarp
doesn't exist
>>
>>32657051
You can just keep playing that mod of GSC
>>
>>32661183
>mod of GSC
You mean HGSS?
>>
>>32657058
>in addition to rental pokemon, you can use your own mons to surf/ride/sniff/fly
>unused walking/running animations

Too many missed opportunities that will probably be continued to be missed in Gen 8

>Gen 8 removes trainer customization

If this happens I will murder
>>
>>32657682
>gen 1
A classic. Really shows its age now but it's fun to play through every now and then to see what shit-tier mons can break the games.
>gen 2
Still a classic. Upgrade in almost every way to gen 1. Slightly disappointing that Johtomons were annoying to find at times.
>gen 3
Love it. Loved it when it came out, love it now. It felt like a brand new adventure with lots of things to discover and explore as well as some side-gimmicks to burn time on. I just wish that Tentacool and Wingull would fuck off.
>gen 4
Liked the games when I first played them. I think they're all garbage now (yes, even platinum and hgss) but that's mostly because I don't care about battle facilities anymore and because of their performance problems. Plus, I absolutely hate the fuck out of DPPt's pokedex. The legends are weather trio 2.0 in the way that they're apocalypse scenarios and were (still are, actually) unimaginative to me at the time.
>gen 5
They're alright. I hate pokestar studios and B2W2's dex isn't my favorite. BW's story had a good concept but the execution was lacking.
>gen 6
Whatever. ORAS had some cool things in it and it and XY are both easily replayable.
>gen 7
Liked it first playthrough, hated it second. Cutscenes and interruptions are way, way too common and a lot of the new Pokemon are overshadowed. Trials are reskinned gyms.
>>
>>32661186
I haven't checked on the project in a while, but doesn't it still use the background assets from GSC?
>>
>>32656993
>Gen VII is bad

When did this meme start?
>>
>>32661273
when the games were released
>>
>>32656993
It's unbelievable how much of a jump gen III -> gen IV was in terms of graphics. DPPt was the peak for sure
>>
>>32656993
>OP is a faggot
>>
File: 1471421347282.jpg (20KB, 293x290px) Image search: [Google]
1471421347282.jpg
20KB, 293x290px
>>32661279
Greatest jumps:

II -> III
V -> VI
>>
>>32661323
nice dab
>>
>>32656993
>gen 1
Great game but aged like milk
>Gen 2
Great game that didn't age badly
>gen 3
Great game that aged perfectly
>Gen 4
Great game that had best region
>Gen 5
Great game that had best sprites
>Gen 6
Mediocre game that had decent pokemon designs, but overall shit-tier region and ugly 3d graphics
>Gen 7
Ok game that had decent pokemon designs and better 3d graphics than gen 6, but had shitty fanfic-tier story with 5 minute long cutscenes
>>
>>32661391
>gen 5 best sprites

They are BY FAR the worst one.
>>
>>32657058
They'll be back in the next game.
>>
>>32661415
>What is gen 3?
>>
>>32661178
Gotta agree there, basculin is nothing like Magikarp
But he did forget Unovan Hitmonchan/lee, Unovan Poliwag, Unovan Rattata and Unovan Tauros
>>
File: 1490518175917.jpg (132KB, 1355x885px) Image search: [Google]
1490518175917.jpg
132KB, 1355x885px
>X/Y got rid of subtle design changes that B/W introduced such as unique town themes, seasons, and unique gen themes as well as the gym leader last pokemon theme.

Still mad about that
>>
File: 1436561539138.png (118KB, 320x221px) Image search: [Google]
1436561539138.png
118KB, 320x221px
>>32656993
There's no such thing as a perfect Pokémon game, and there never will be one until Game Freak stops removing features. Gen 4 would've been better if they didn't cut Gen 3 features, Gen 5 would've been better if they didn't cut Gen 4 features, and so on. Only generation that didn't really do that was Gen 2 since Gen 1 didn't have much to cut, and instead of cutting features they cut locations out of Kanto, so really no generation has gone without doing something like this.
>>
>>32661959
>unique town themes
>unique gen themes

What do you mean by this?

>low health theme
>overall sound design was the best of all gens
>human character design at the top of its game

It was a pretty good set of games
>>
>>32657058
First, Gen 5 and XY don't have any mandatory HMs besides Surf.
Second, improving one thing doesn't make the entire game better than another if other parts are worse.
Third, I like HMs and don't have a problem with them
>>
>>32660609
>reading comprehension
>>
>>32657682
7>5>6>4>2>3>1
>>
>>32661987
My bad, I forgot to specify

Gen V was the only Gen to have towns with all unique themes, no town or city shared the same song. In B/W2 every Gym had it's own theme as well.
>>
>>32657058
The limitation of carrying every HM is the only way to make a Pokemon game relatively harder
>>
>>32661987
Low health theme was garbage and human character design is an all time low in Gen V, Ohmura is a hack. Still a good gen though.
>>
>>32662150
>human character design is an all time low
That's pretty subjective
>>
>>32657682
>1
Loved it the first time. It's objectively garbage now, but it retains nostalgic value.
>2
Was superior to Gen 1 in every aspect. Great generation overall.
>3
Didn't enjoy Gen 3 as much as I would like to. The Hoenn games added a lot of cool features and Pokemon, but it's nearly impossible to complete the National Dex and aside from Emerald, the postgame was a little weak.
>4
Favorite generation. One of the absolute best postgame for both D/P/Pt and HG/SS. Some criticisms on acquiring certain Pokemon especially in D/P and the speed of the game is something to be left desired. Music is amazing, but did not aged well with the audio quality of the DS. A very underrated opinion about this game is that it expanded on Pokemon lore really well and it did wonders to the competitive scene by giving us stuff like Life Orb, splitting moves into Physical or Special, and Trick Room.
Also, DAY-NIGHT CYCLE WITH DAY-NIGHT MUSIC IS TO NUT FOR.
>5
Height of Pokemon perfection. Designs were rad; I don't care what anyone thinks. Battle subway was a blast. Villains were memorable. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite generation. It had some issues with graphics (I was a bigger fan of how Gen 4 have sprites in a 3d setting) and other small things, but that was ok.
>6
X and Y was easily the most forgettable games. I liked how Gen 6 treated Poke-amie and competitive play was enough to merit it something. Felt lazy. Not enough Pokemon were introduced. Difficulty balance was terrible. Postgame was lacking.
ORAS was a much better Gen 6, and it did a good job capturing the feel of the Gen 3 Hoenn games.
Megas were a mistake desu
>7
Easily my least favorite of the series. I cannot stand Gen 7 for the reasons that other Anons already listed. Outright terrible. I'm hoping that a D/P remake would change my mind.
>>
If you love gen 5 you should love gen 7, they share the same annoying linear story aspect. Gen 3&4 were great gen 7 happened gen 1 started it all and gen 2 was a sequel.
>>
>>32662266
>If you love gen 5 you should love gen 7, they share the same annoying linear story aspect.
The story in Gen 5 isn't nearly as annoying as the one in Gen 7 by virtue of the pop-ups happening less often and the rivals actually battling you unlike Lillie.
>>
>>32656993
>gen 1 was okay but broken
>gen 2 was great
>gen 3 was great but flawed
>gen 4 was amazing
>gen 5 was boring
>gen 6 was boring
>gen 7 was good but 50% cutscene
>>
File: gen 5.png (104KB, 676x865px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
104KB, 676x865px
>>32659059
i know, right??? so original!
>>
>>32657682
>Gen 1
It works. Glitchy as fuck, and not pretty, but it works. Kanto is extremely boring as a setting though compared to every successive generation, and that's why it's the one single remake I ever want to see happen in the future, so they can try to remedy that.
>Gen 2
Johto is a really nice region as a setting and it's the generation with my favorite art direction, but Johto games are some of the most clearly flawed entries in the series. I still love Johto though and replay the main campaign of Crystal yearly, the Kanto campaign is so barebones I often don't bother with it anymore.
>Gen 3
It just works again, this time without the glitches. Personally though there's something about the Gen 3 engine I can't stand, and the mechanics are in an awkward growing stage for me, so I rarely go back to it these days. FRLG is the best remake because it doesn't try to fix what isn't broken and adds stuff that isn't just meaningless fluff. The Emerald Frontier is still the best Battle Facility-related post-game.
>Gen IV
I don't really care much for Sinnoh. I enjoy playing DPPt well enough, yes even DP, but if I think about it I can't find any actual reasons I have to like it. It's the epitome of going through the motions. HGSS is my least favorite remake because it doesn't make many attempts to fix GSC's glaring flaws, and I don't care for any of its additions with most feeling like fluff and some just outright being negatives for me. Its visual direction is strictly inferior to GSC and everything that comes after it as well. Ultimately it leaves very little of what I love GSC for.

(cont.)
>>
>>32662316
Gen 5 rival battle can always be expected twice by each rival at almost every , way more inconvenient than a cut scene
>>
>>32662360
>Gen V
BW1 is one of my least favorite entries, though in recent revisits I've at least found some things worth praising that I wish the later games had kept. Not a fan of the heavy story focus, and Unova as a region is pretty bland. BW2 spruces up Unova as a region a lot and adds tons of cool new things, it's one of the entries I like more.
>Gen VI
Wasted Potential: The Generation. There's so much stuff in XY and ORAS that should work but there're pieces of the puzzle missing that prevent a full, beautiful picture from coming together. XY in particular I pity, if a Z had happened something really amazing could've come into existence. ORAS however really has no reason to be as it is when they had a great blueprint to work with off Emerald, though I do give credit to some of its good changes and additions despite its bad changes, which puts it higher than HGSS for me.
>Gen VII
SM is my least favorite entry. Alola is easily the worst region for level design, and as a setting it doesn't capture me at all. Any issues one may have with Gen V's greater story focus are dialed up to eleven. It's also got my least favorite batch of Pokemon designs. Many QoL improvements from VI are stripped, and battle formats that can't be enforced by the players anyways are removed for the first time in series history. The only praise I really have for it is characterization is stronger than XY.
>>
File: kek bonnie.png (712KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
kek bonnie.png
712KB, 853x480px
>>32656993
>gen 6
>ok
>>
>>32662362
You're wrong because the battles give you exp and money rather in exchange for your time rather than wasting your time for nothing. So no, cutscenes are more inconvenient. Take Gamefreak's cock out of your mouth.
>>
>>32659135
You can like them all and that's fine, but you can't just ride Game Freak's dick for every new installment of the series.
>>
>gen 1 is a fantastic buggy piece of shit
>gen 2 is not as good as you remember it
>gen 3 was ok
>gen 4 was a mistake they patched up at the end of the generetion
>gen 5 was pretty good
>gen 6 was a mistake
>gen 7 is ok I guess
>>
File: 1488812419397.png (82KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488812419397.png
82KB, 526x300px
>>32656993
>Gen 5 was perfect
>>
>>32662376
The very little expedience given compared to optional trainers, and also liking one gamefreak game over an other does not make one a whore because they are both pokemon.
>>
>>32662317
I can agree with this.
>>
>>32659104
Well, anon, you know what they say, you see onto others what they see in you
>>
>>32662406
i guess we can't satisfy everyone now can we
>>
>>32657058
Things SM did right
>EV training is easier
>Egg hatching is easier
>Can physically see IVs so no more vague as fuck judges
>Nerfed priority spamming
>Z moves are surprisingly balanced especially compared to megas and didnt completely ruin the meta game
>Fixed poke amie/refresh to where you dont have to grind shitty mini games anymore
>Pelago is a pretty neat concept that they should expand on
Things it did wrong
>Leveling to 50 to use a pokemon online takes hours of grinding wild pokemon
>Replacing horde battles with SOS battles was a step down especially with the removal of dexnav where you need a specific pokemon to grind on and sometimes it just wont appear
>Festival plaza, enough said
>No move tutors (i know they usually do this in the second game in a generation but they really should stop that shit)
>Story is only worth playing through once, there is no reason to replay the game because of the 20 hours of unskippable cutscenes
>5% encounter rate on every new pokemon
>>
>>32662448
What the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>32662675
>second game in a generation
Anon...

tho honestly if those fucknuts will release Eclipse, Stars or whatever without addressing all the bullshit still carrying over from Gen6 I'll get fucking ballistic
>>
>>32662675

>Leveling to 50 to use a pokemon online takes hours of grinding wild pokemon.
One or two trips through the league works just fine.

>No move tutors
I just want the sniper beedrill I imported from the VC to have Drill Run, is that really too much to ask?

>5% encounter rate on every new pokemon.
Main reason my story team was as boring as it was.

>Festival Plaza
Fucking festival plaza...
>>
>>32662675
Forgot to add "was so infamously shitty it turned 75% the fanbase against the series" for the latter category.
>>
>>32657682
>1
Great

>2
Good

>3
Probably my favorite one.

>4
I sort of liked DP when they first came out, but overall they didn't leave much of an impression on me.

>5
Same as above, sort of, but back then I wasn't very keen on Pokémon anymore, so I should probably replay them.

>6
Boring

>7
Surprisingly it was great. After XY I thought I had grown out of Pokémon at last, but Sun is the only Pokémon game since DP that actually kept me playing for over 100 hours.
>>
>>32665014
Nice projection.
>>
>>32665032
>1
Great

>2
Good

>3
Great

>4
Best

>5
Inspired, underappreciated, great

>6
Fine

>7
Waste of money
>>
The run is okay in sun and moon, but the walk... it looks like some weird default animation they forgot to replace. It makes it look like you're some mascot walking around in a big bulky suit.
>>
>>32665052
The boy's run is pretty awkward too except when he's running uphill. Though not as bad as the walk.
>>
>>32662057
Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
>>32659178
I was born in 1996 but my first Pokemon game was red and my second Pokemon game was crystal.
>>
>>32656993
This is a correct post
>>
>>32659221
No matter what GF does your always mad
>>
>>32658258
Gen 7 literally stole gen 1 pokemon and made them their own dumb OCs in their region.
>>
So I started out with Emerald and to this day Gen 4 still feels as new as ever since I first got them. When it comes to pokemon I don't feel like previous entries are getting older. It's more like I'm looking farther into the future with this series. Does anyone else feel like this? Gen 5 still to this day feels like the pinnacle of what Game Freak can achieve on a technological level for the series.
>>
>>32666364
>Gen 5 still to this day feels like the pinnacle of what Game Freak can achieve on a technological level for the series

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>32666378
Not saying it's the best, that would be Emerald but as far as what the company could achieve in understanding what was possible they blew it away with Black and White. Gen 6 and 7 toned down because 3D was too big of a focus. Everything else about the 3D were pretty basic aside from Megas and Alola forms.
>>
>>32665160
No, Jojo is 7>5>8>4>2>6>3>1
>>
>>32657682
>1
good.
>2 including HGSS
M U H D I C K
>3
M U H D I C K A G A I N
>4
Dogshit.
>5
Perfect Pizza Pie
>6
Bretty Gud
>7
Generation 4 Electric Boga-loo
>>
>>32657058
I maybe would have liked it more if the player did the adventuring rather than rental Pokemon

Like how the player was supposed to gain a surfboard in gen 1 to swim
>>
>>32659135
>saying gen 4 was good but at the same time recognizing it wasn't fresh, innovating, or new, or a good sequel, but still good
>>
>>32656993
>Gen 5 was good
>Gen 6 kinda sucked
>Gen 7 was shit
>>
File: 1496407867229.png (112KB, 276x269px) Image search: [Google]
1496407867229.png
112KB, 276x269px
>>32657058
>Objectively
Opinion discarded.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.