[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, dicknoses. Which Gen was the comfiest and why was it Gen 4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (201KB, 1047x412px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
201KB, 1047x412px
Alright, dicknoses. Which Gen was the comfiest and why was it Gen 4?
>>
>>32655254
comfy is a meaningless buzzword for when you can't a legitimate reason for why you think something is good :^)
>>
>>32655260
Don't ever fucking post in my thread again.
>>
>>32655263
make me, faggot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gju6j3f2xTc
can't hear you over my comfy gen
>>
>>32655264
Fuck off. Leave OP alone.
>>
>>32655270
>not posting the comfiest gen 5 music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQWpsj8wY0E
>>
>>32655254
Sit back relax, grab a drink, watch some TV, check on that Blissey you used Karate Chop on, HP is still falling, sit back and relax and repeat
>>
File: tumblr_nqnxtu4vYM1uwxht5o1_500.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqnxtu4vYM1uwxht5o1_500.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>32655254
Gen 4 was really good, most notably because of HGSS, DPPt were decent though. I do think gen 5 comes close too. However, gen 6 and 7 aren't very comfy at all to me. Is it because of the lack of 2.5d graphics?
>>
>>32655432
2D and 3D mixed together is the comfiest.
>>
>>32655432
fucking COOOMMMMFYYYY
shit me I wish this graphic style came back
>>
>>32655445
>>32655527
This. This is why DPPt and HGSS had the best feel.
>>
anyone who likes gen4 is fucking deluded. Well HGSS might be forgivable but DPPt was always just Gen III But More So. the legendaries were too olympian as to be meaninglessly lore-heavy, old trends were followed for the sake of being followed, and were dropped in the next gen, and load times were up the fucking ass.
>>
GSC and XY because good music and striking nighttime "lighting" for the former and relaxing muted colors and nice architecture for the latter
>>
>>32655254
>gen 4

The last gen with real puzzles and back tracking. Everything since has felt more like a hallway with little to no reason to revisit areas again.

Come on, in XY, how many of you ever returned to Coumarine City for any reason other than items you might have missed?
>>
>>32658146
Most people would argue backtracking is not a good thing, which is why Platinum changed the Gym order. Even then BW1 a lot of old areas open up more when you get HMs, not that most would care because by the time you get them all there's not much left to do.

Also I revisit most areas in most of the games for no real reason except I feel like it.
>>
>>32658097
Platinum>>>>>>>>>HGSS
Reminder that HGSS is essentially just a ROM hack of Platinum with all of its flaws combined with all of GSC's flaws.
>>
>>32658181
>most people would argue backtracking is bad
>these people then complain about gen 5's circle
why? Every game after gen 3 is essentially a straight shot to the finish masked by a map.
>>
>>32658222
When the cities have features interesting enough to warrant returning to them during the playthrough, it makes the region seem far more full and alive.

Backtracking when it's you who has to figure out that's what you need to do to proceed. "I wonder if that gym leader has come back to their gym after going missing." "I wonder if this construction is finished now". The fact that you go from hypothesis to discovery generates positive mental feedback. It's like solving a small puzzle.

Also, if Fly hasn't been learned yet, you can't help but try to solve a route backwards from what you remember. This is using memory and spatial reasoning to generate your hypothesis.

Watch Mark Brown's YouTube channel about game design. If you think about what games make you do too literally you may as well ask why most games exist at all if each individual step in a game is not super challenging.
>>
File: 1492830788281.gif (551KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492830788281.gif
551KB, 500x281px
>tfw gf doesn't remake platinum but hgss but with kris instead of lyra
>>
>>32655254
FR/LG. Best graphics, fast battles. Only downside (no day and nighttime, so we canĀ“t get the other Eeveelutions).
>>
>>32655254
wtf OP did you just call me a dicknose
thats f*cking rude
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.