[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new way to play? Help me create RPG Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Class.png (381KB, 780x340px) Image search: [Google]
Class.png
381KB, 780x340px
So basically I feel like playing pokemon but I don't feel like doing the typical run through even as a normie nuzlock,I want something more.

I really like PMD but after sky they fucked the entire series, and I like classic RPGs. So my idea is to basically do a run as if its an actual RPG with some classes, but I need help from the /vp/ community cause fuck going to reddit.

So heres my basic idea / rules thus far.

-No switching when promted after KOes
- No more then 3 pokemon excluding HM whores
- No items can be used other then status healing items and basic potions. (Might make exception for limited fresh water/super pots)
- Must only use healing items outside of battle
- you may carry only regular potions at a time, after each gym bag you can carry +2 more. all 8 badges means you may carry up to 18 (360HP worth of healing) for the elite4
- Pokemon must use moves that are within their "class" category. No "Knights" with toxic, no archers with swords dance etc
- all Pokemon's stats will be equalized to an extent, to the equivalent to around 1300 added up total if they were to be level 100. (this is to make a Pokemon like accelgor as good as Lucario for the rogue/ninja category)
-Pokemon must have their shittiest ability, this is to make a healer like almolaoloal who gets regenerator outclas vaporeon who gets... water absorb.

Im probably forgetting stuff but I need your guys help anyways.

So the idea is there are 6 categories, you roll a standard 6 sided dice to get a category then roll again for which of the 6 mons in said category you will use. Do this for 3 mons and then hack them / trade them in if you lack a way to cheat them asap. You don't have to start with all 3, that parts up to you when you will use them.

The 6 categories are:
-Cont
>>
>>32655118
This idea would work better if you could field six pokemon at once
Also maybe if there were more than about two moves that heal HP
>>
>>32655118
Class 1: Healer
>I. Almoloala II.vaporeon III. Gogoat IV. Miltank V. Florges VI. Mega-Audino/??? (???=help me)

Class 2: Mage/Mystic
>I. beehyem II. Delphox III. SemiSage IV. Mismagius V. Articuno VI. Kadabra /mega zam (hes kinda OP other better mage?)
Class 3: Rouge/Ninja
>I.Zoroark II.Greninja III.Accelgor IV.Crobat V.Lucario VI. Mega Gallade / Sycther
Class 4: Knigt / Tank
>I. Excavlier II. Rhyperior III. Samurott IV/V/VI ???
Class 5: Ranger/Scout
>I. Decicduye II. Cinncinico III. Magmortar IV??? V??? VI. Mega-Blastoise
Class 6: Rare/Beasts/Dragons
>I. Raikou II? III? IV? V? VI ?

Taking suggestions of mons that fit those categories really well, using megas is optional and if you do you can only have 1 per team thats why option 6 always lists an alternative. Don't be shy to suggest stuff for categories that are already full either, I am more then likely forgetting mons.
>>
>>32655173
Other additional rules:
-You may only run from battles if you have already caught that pokemon
- XP share must be off
- no use of online services of any kind
- no use of ingame things that boost / help pokemon, treat it as if your playing pokemon blue
- You may use cash to "buy" items. To do this simply buy pokeballs at a store for the pokecash an item is worth.
Items I am thinking would be fun but keep challenge in the game:

-Shell bell (15,000$?) (Price balance needed)
- Plates ( 20,000$)
- Rocky helmet (30,000$)
- Leftovers (50,000$)
- Muscle band (10,000$)
- Scope lens (12,500$)
etc. Kinda like a grindish system, maybe even amulet coin for like a super high amount would be neat as an investment.
>>32655136
well vaporeon has acess to baton pass and you should be running -0 speed to make this run hard as possible so that works in your favor, 2 other mons mentioned have milk drink which is good and you can always just abuse wish by fighting low levels then switch to a teamate before going into battle. This won't be possible in gyms / elite 4 though which works out nice. Your right though pokemon lacks classic RPG elements.
>>
bump?

No anons got ideas for pokemons to complete the rest of the classes?

>feelsbadman
>>
>>32655118
>>32655173
>>32655234
This is some weapons grade autism, but it sounds like potentially fun autism.
>>
>>32655173
>No Patrat or Sentret scout
>not even Luxray
>>
>>32655173
>Simisage a mage just because it has sage, THE PLANT, in its name.
>>
>>32655173
>Lucario and M-Gallade as rogues not Knights despite MUH JUSTICE
>>
>>32655118
>all Pokemon's stats will be equalized to an extent, to the equivalent to around 1300 added up total if they were to be level 100
So is this like a romhack or something?
>>
>>32657316
kek thanks anon, any suggestions to fill the roles?
>>32657463
No, my autism and being a neet gives me time to set IV's and EV'S alongside nature to make sure there BST comes to a total of 1100 (1300 was to high) I even made it so those who only have powersave can easily do it so all IV's will be either 0, 30 or 31 which Powersaves has options for but not custom IV's. (if you can only breed its no big deal, this is just to make it as hard as possible)

>Some of the mons I did:
https://pastebin.com/2HCjD5KS
>>32657411
they are kinda similar to cinicnco but this mode is lacking eletric types big time so luxray for sure, thanks anon.
>>32657434
yooo its 2 in 1 + look at it and tell me its not supposed to be a grass wizard. That head is like a wizard point hat.
>>32657444
they can't have justified anyways since thats a decent ability :p but I agree galade I was hard pressed but i was thinking more bulky things be knights and gallades highwayman-esq appearance speaks to my inner rouge. I'll move Lucario down to knight, any ideas for a new rouge/ninja? (ninjask, a pre-evo maybe?)

Again posting the mons I did so far, just got back from walk and found drunk cousin in woods so kinda had to fuck around with that shit for a while untill she was OK

Thanks anons you make my lack of social life feel good even when its just insults :')
>>
>>32655173
(M-)Aggron
Nidoking
Kommo-o
Aegislash
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 960x720px
>>32655118
>>32657924
Lmao you really gonna figure out 42 pokemons exact spreads for the same stat total? You must actually be autistic,

Anyways, why not chansey/Blissey for mega audino alternative?

>>32659580
These are good.
Should be:
Excav, rhyper, samur, kommo-o, conkuldurr, mega aggron/ one of his other suggestions. Maybe farfetched'd or marwak kek

>no jolteon scout
>>
File: 1496450195664.png (135KB, 295x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496450195664.png
135KB, 295x304px
OK list so far after reading all the suggestions:

Healer/Cleric
>Miltank, Gogoat, Vaporeon, Almolala, (M)Audino/Chansey

Mage/Mystic
>Beeheyem, Delphox, Semisage, Mismagius, Articuno, (M) Alakazam/Kadabra

Rouge/Ninja
>Greninja, Accelgor, Farfetch'd, Lucario, (M) Gallade / Scyther

Knight/Warrior
>Excavilier, Rhyperior, Chestnaught, Samurott, Kommo-o, (M) Aggron / Gurdurr

Ranger/Scout
>Decidueye, Magmortar, Watchhog/Furret/Cincinccoco, Luxray, Crobot, (M) Blastoise / Clauncher

Legends, Beasts, dragons

>Raikou (Beast Legendy - Sabrecat)
>Salamance (Looks the most Dragonlike)
>Rapidash(THE only horse worth using)
>NidoKing/NidoQueen (Depends on gender)
>Cofagrius/Spiritomb (Necromancers/"Evil")
>(M) Gyrados (sea serpant) / Lapras

RULES:
-No using switch prompts
- You may use 3-4 mons, 2 HM slaves. If you black out, must re-roll one of your mons for another. Once a mon is re-rolled on, you cannot use it again even if you were to roll on it again.
- Only Recovery items you may use are Potions, Sitrus and oran berries (Cannot farm or buy them) You may use status healing items but just like recovery items this must be done OUTSIDE of battle.
-You may only carry 2 Regular potions by defualt. Each badge you earn lets you carry an additional +2 for a total of 18 for the elite 4
-Pokemon are only allowed to use moves that fit their role. Healers cannot use stat boosters, warrior cannot use rest for an example. (mages can use "recover" but not rest etc)
- Abilities that are too strong cannot be used IE Regenerator, Ironfist, intimidate. By default, Pokemon should be using their most neutral ability.
-You can only run from battles if you already caught that pokemon, otherwise must catch or defeat wild mons.
-XP share, trade bonus pokemon amine etc all OFF including in-game lucky eggs.
- As a general rule, you treat the game as if your playing a gen I game completly offline. All the easy-mode-esq features have to be abandoned for the run to be the closest to a realRPG
>>
>>32662136
How often can you catch? Is it 1 a route, or everything, or..?
>>
>>32662285
everything, your only supposed to use the mons in the cateogie above. You roll a 6 sided dice, first role is the category, second roll is the mon in said category. If land on a category twice (you already got a healer on first role) you have the option to re-roll or get another healer. Mons you catch go in PC. 3-4 RPG mons (3 for hard mode) and 2 HM slaves should be good enough.

I am still not sure if you should start with all your RPG mons at level 5 or get one every 2 gym badges or something similar.
>>
BUMP, gonna get a ton of 1100 stat totals done tomorrow
>>
Warriors:
https://pastebin.com/z8RACX70
g2g sleep
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.