[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you were wrong about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62KB, 250x250px
For the longest fucking time I thought Magcargo was a gen 3 Pokemon.

I also thought ice was super effective against rock.
>>
>Blaine used Magcargo in GSC
>no one ever remembers it's a gen 2 mon
Did y'all niggas just never battle Blaine or something?
>>
Not wrong per se, but I was unaware that Ghost was super-effective against itself until the back end of Gen IV.
>>
>>32653876
This.
>>
>Sigilyph was gen 4.
I don't know why I thought this.
>>
>>32653446
Same thing, add in skarmory and some other mons. I never finished gen 2 and played Sapphire in isolation, there was really no way I could have known.

One thing that I actually keep forgetting these days is that heracross is not a gen 1 mon. I keep thinking it's supposed to be a rival to pinsir, so my first thought is that they were introduced in the same gen.
>>
>>32653446
of more recent shit, for the longest time I thought it was Poppolio and not Popplio

also for the longest time I thought that like half of gen 2 mons were gen 3, because when gen 2 came out i had a poster in my room which only had half of them (i think there was another poster with the other half) (poorfag so i didnt get to play gen 2 games)
>>
>>32653938
Pinsir rivals Scyther, not Heracross. That's why Scyther is exclusive to Red and Pinsir is exclusive to Japanese Green and Western Blue.

In Japanese Blue, you can catch both Scyther and Pinsir.
>>
>>32653961
Heracross was introduced as a new rival for Pinsir since Scyther got an evo and two beetles fighting makes more sense.
>>
I thought Chimecho was a Gen 4 mon until like 2 years ago when I ran into one playing Emerald
>>
>>32653975
It's pre-evolution Chingling was introduced in Diamond and Pearl but yes, Chimecho was added in Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>32653981
It was a super rare encounter in a single area you spend very little time in, and nobody in-game uses one so you can't get it in your dex without accidentally running into it. That was some bullshit.
>>
>>32653997
You should've spent more time atop Mt. Pyre then desu.
>>
used to think fire was not very effective against ground
>>
>>32654740
>Ground/Rock and Rock/Ground Pokémon in RGBY
Really makes you think.
>>
>>32653446
Ice isn't super effective against rock?
But that one actually makes perfect sense. Water getting into cracks of pavement and stone, then freezing fucks shit up hard. Much quicker than erosion.
>>
>>32654754
Rock is super effective against Ice but not the other way around.
>>
File: IMG_5432.png (718B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5432.png
718B, 96x96px
For years, I thought Smeargle was a monkey
>>
>>32654754
Ice is super effective against ground for that reason.
>>
>>32654772
he is
>>
I thought Nosepass' foot was his mouth (look at the Gen III sprite).
>>
>>32654823
>what is a beagle
>>
>>32653997

IIRC it's the last mon indexed. People think that and the shit about it in your post is because it was added in at the last minute.
>>
>>32653961
They changed that later on so the Heracross was Pinsir's rival. Just like how Jynx was separated from Magmar/Electabuz to be with Mr. Mime.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>32653997
There was one trainer in Emerald who used one in one of the Trick House puzzles, but that's it. Nothing in RS / ORAS, you have to find one yourself.

I used to think that Budew evolved into Carnivine. I had a poster of the DP Sinnoh Pokédex, listed in alphabetical order, so I didn't twig that it might have been related to Roselia and Roserade.
>>
>>32654833
>Just like how Jynx was separated from Magmar/Electabuz to be with Mr. Mime.
What? In the original games, Jynx and Mr. Mime were ingame-trade-only-mons, while Magmar and Electabuzz were version exclusive wild mons.
>>
>>32654828
a monkey type
>>
BROSH
>>
Half of these are always stupid.

I never knew that Steel resisted Psychic until those Festival Plaza quizzes in S/M. I understand why as a "balance" thing, but I was never a serious player in GSC, and it just never seemed intuitive to me. Psychics bending spoons has always been an image in Pokemon.
>>
>>32654864
No.
>>
I thought gligar/gliscor were poison/ground until like last year. I never used either in game or online and never checked.
>>
>Misdreavus is Ghost/Poison
>Darkrai is Dark/Ghost
>Cresselia got retconned to be Psychic/Fairy
>Druddigon is Dragon/Rock
>Goomy is Dragon/Water
>Therian Landorus & Therian Thundurus lose/replace their flying types and just get Levitate as an ability
>Carbink evolves into Diancie through an event item
>Dhelmise is Grass/Steel or Water/Grass
>It's "CosmOEm" not "CosMEom"

Bonus: SM predictions that didn't come true.
>Litten was going to be Fire/Fighting
>the starters were going to get completely different final evos based on their gender
>the Ultra Beasts are postgame superbosses and are not catchable in any way
>Type: Null doesn't evolve; has a hidden ability where all attacks given or received do neutral damage
>Cosmog evolves into Lunala; Cosmoem evolves into Solgaleo
>>
>>32653446
I used to think ground was supereffective against fighting.
>>
>>32657769
wut
>>
>>32653876
This board is full of underagefags.
>>
I thought Darkrai was going to be a Banette evolution since I saw that Dusclops was getting one.
>>
>>32657729
But it IS CosmOEm.
>>
>>32653446
When gen 3 came out i assumed torkoal evolved from magcargo
>>
>>32653997
I spent a lot of time atop mt Pyre looking for rare encounters because the music was amazing and I really like ghosts pokemon. I was really disappointed when I caught one and saw its stats.
>>
For the longest time I thought Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo.
>>
>>32653876
I think I always stopped at Fuchsia city or was stuck at rock tunnel in Kanto so i never battled blaine. I watched the anime but I thought the slugma line was a new pokemon for some reason. In my pokedex there was a 4 pokemon gap right before Swinub because i played silver. Also I had pokemon trading cards but I never got a slugma or magcargo. When I found slugma for the first time in sapphire i assumed it was a gen 3 pokemon.
>>
>>32659619
It doesn't?!
>>
>>32659672
Kamonegi has no evolutions.
>>
I used to think stat reducing moves didn't do anything because I would check my mon's stats after they got hit with one and they didn't go down
>>
I used to think rock was immune to electric and skarmory was a gen 3 mon.
>>
>>32654823
>he
Kill this meme, please.
>>
>>32653446
Thought that earthquake was special category
>>
> Ground/Poison Gligar
> Water/Psychic Psyduck
> DrifTblim, LopBunny and HippoPOwdon

>>32659619
Are you Italian? If yes, we have another victim of that infamous Gen I sticker album which explicitly said that Farfetch'd evolves into Doduo and Hitmonlee evolves into Hitmonchan.
>>
>>32660248
Yes and I remember having a Pokemon sticker album.
Glad to know it wasn't my fault.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.