[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: x-y.jpg (54KB, 460x203px) Image search: [Google]
x-y.jpg
54KB, 460x203px
What went wrong?
>>
france is cuck mecca and so the games were doomed to bring shame upon the series from the very beginning
>>
>What if we pander to the genwun audience?
>Yeah I know we've done that before but you know, what if we REALLY try?
>>
>>32653346
They forgot to finish the story
>>
>>32653346
Bad storyteling of good story.
>>
All the flaws of most "first games", no sequel/third version to fix it. GF fucked themselves by making a pair of unfinished games that needed closure and deciding that was the best time to break the mold.
>>
>>32653346

Most forgettable villains
Most forgettable champion
Rehashed soundtrack
Genwun pandering
Half the pokedex is old Pokemon
Battles are easy as fuck at all stages
Uninspired designs for the new Pokemon
Constant handholding, no freedom to explore
Dude mega lucario lmao

I could go on
>>
>>32653346
>Finally Pokemon is in full 3D
>The grid is kept for some dumb reason
I know it's not the biggest thing but it made the game feel clunky and awkward, which definitley dampened things a bit.
>>
If they would have just made a Z version or sequel that:

>expanded the plot like all 3rd versions do
>added more depth to the lore and gave Zygarde a reason to exist like all 3rd versions do
>upgraded rosters like all 3rd versions do
>fleshed out areas in the region like all 3rd versions do
>added a postgame area and other postgame things (gym leader rematches etc) like all 3rd versions do

Then it probably would have been up there with Platinum/B2W2 in terms of best in the series. But instead, gen 6 will forever be an uninspired, unfinished mess.
>>
>>32653346
fucking everything
>>
>>32653346
Sinnohfoeti are too young to be objective about them so XY cop undeserved hate despite being objectively better than any of the DS entries.

>>32653467
>Most forgettable villains
Galactic
>Most forgettable champion
Alder
>Rehashed soundtrack
GSC
>Genwun pandering
Every generation
>Half the pokedex is old Pokemon
Better ratio than GSC
>Battles are easy as fuck at all stages
Every generation
>Uninspired designs for the new Pokemon
Better than anything since gen 3
>Constant handholding, no freedom to explore
Thank gen 5 for that
>Dude mega lucario lmao
Not an argument
>>
>>32653615
The only reason Galactic is more forgettable is because Flare is so bad in comparison that everybody remembers them for being bad while people just forget Galactic because they were pretty average.
>>
>>32653615

>most forgettable
>galactic

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>32653615
>>Most forgettable villains
>Galactic

Wrong.
>>
>>32653615
>Genwun pandering
>Every generation

You're baiting too hard.
>>
>>32653615
You managed to be wrong on all of your points. All of them.
Congratulations.
>XY are objectively better than any of the DS entries
This has to be bait though, I refuse to believe someone can have this kind of extreme shit taste.
>>
gen 6 felt short
>>
>>32653615
Not an argument
>>
>>32653643
>>32653665
>>32653738

t. sinnohfetus

>>32654091
Not a refutation, thank you for confirming the post as correct
>>
>>32653467
>Half the pokedex is old Pokemon
Better than Johto or Aloha
>>
>>32653346
Its existence
>>
>>32653346
Wait, I forgot that this shitty game exists lol
>>
>>32654171
>t. sinnohfetus
Not a refutation. I'm sorry, but you have one of the worst tastes in this board.
>>
>>32653440
No, there is nothing to do with the gen one pandering you sick fuck, if it was really gen one pandering it would be good because we woulndt get

>cuck rivals
>worst villains
>worst story
>worst legendary
>lucario pandering everywhere
>no unknown cave with a single room
>no roaming birds
>no stupid battle maison

It's just that Game Freak is lazy as fuck and everything they do is half assed
>>
>>32653467
XY had a rehashed soundtrack?
>>
If you unironically think Team Flare is the worst team, you either have shit taste or didn't pay attention to the dialogue.
But this is vp, the majority of people here probably never played a jRPG with a story campaign lasting more than 20 hours.
>>
Worst villain and villain team. Boring setting. Worst legends with poorly executed lore.
>>
Weird story. Felt like it was written by someone unfamiliar with the series. It talks about past wars using Pokemon like it was some new thing, but that was already introduced in gen 5's backstory. AZ was central to the story, but hardly utilized and felt more like some weird cameo or allusion to future events. Maybe Z would have fixed this, but it never happened. Similar to Ghetsis, Lysandre just felt like a cackeling villain for the sake of being a villain. The difference is, Ghetsis had an interesting plan going on through manipulating N and an ancient prophecy. Lysandre just found a big laser gun.
Also, the tag along characters in this game were the absolute lowest of the series.
>>
nothing other than making every other game look like shit in comparison
>>
>>32653462
>>32653467
this.

and also the most annoying rivals
>>
>the famous "battles are too easy" argument
Battles have pretty much always been easy. You think Pokemon battles were hard once because you were fucking kids and you knew nothing about shit back when you started playing.
I just played first gen recently and I fucking did the Pokemon League with a team with on average 15 LEVELS LOWER than the Champion's team. And very easily, just needed to use a couple of stat boosting items firsthand and use an Electric and a Psychic Pokemon. That fucking all. Take a fucking Jolteon and a Kadabra, pick some Special and Speed boosting items and you can one-shoot most Pokemon.

Pokemon was never fucking hard. You're just delusional fuckwads.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
The only actual complain is the difficulty
Eat shit everyone
>>
>>32654882
how are hair filled ears cute
>>
>>32654882
did you read the tthread?
>>
>>32654904
did you took it seriusly?
>>
>>32653346
Look much time and resources invested in the transition to the new models. Not to mention making said models 3D compatible, which nobody ever used because they already pushed the hardware and it lagged.

Honestly, it was a necessary leap the series needed to make, and I don't blame GF. They're a smaller developer and of course that would detract from putting more polish in everything else in the game. Megas were also a cool concept and a welcomed edition to the meta.
>>
>>32654951
Too* much
>>
>>32653346
Game Freak is scared of the smartphone market cutting into their sales so they were concerned that any difficulty would lose the attention of the core audience. To compensate they made the player's role in the game a passive one and now you are guided through by NPCs. Even the focus on building your own team is lowered as you are given several powerful Pokemon as the plot progresses and the Exp. Share makes training trivial.
>>
>>32654956
Took* much
>>
>>32653346
Nothing its better than Sun&Moon. I didn't think that was possible but it is.
>>
>>32654972
Are they actually right though? Do smartphones really cut into sales in a non-marginal amount?
>>
>>32654972
When Tamashii Hiroka made that video I could see what she was saying, but it didn't seem so different to other games to me (maybe I just forgot). But my goodness they ramped this up to the max with Sun and Moon to the point where XY look like a god send.
>>
>>32653615
>Kalosperms
>>
>>32655127
i dont think they are right

first we play on smartphones and still buy pokemon

second the other people which casually play on their smartphone would never buy pokemon in the first place

third, their targetet audience of youngsters dont usually get a smartphone from their parents or even block the access to the store

It's just that they are dumb at studying the market
>>
>>32654777
Trips confirm.

Also made newcomer friendly so everything was dumbed down, including difficulty, story, villains, and characters

Fun when it first came out but never want to touch it again, too boring to replay. Megas were way too overpowered as well. At least the new mons are nice.
>>
>>32653615
>Alder
Alder is more in your face than Diantha is, so no
>GSC
They have remixed tracks because, surprise, you go back to Kanto. This is excusable.
>Every generation
Objectively wrong. Hoenn and BW/B2W2 had minimal genwun pandering.
>Better ratio than GSC
Objectively wrong again. XY has 457 Pokemon in their combined dexes. There are 72 gen 6 Pokemon. GSC had 251 Pokemon in its dex and 99 gen 2 Pokemon.
72/457 = 15%
99/251 = 39%
>Battles are easy as fuck at all stages
You can argue some battles can be difficult based on your team comp. Kind of.
>constant handholding, no freedom to explore
Gen 5 has relatively little handholding compared to gen 6. You're better off saying constant interrupts.
>Dude mega Lucario lmao
Okay, how about this: the game hands you an extremely overpowered Pokemon for little to no reason. Mega Lucario easily wrecks the game and makes it even easier than it needs to be.
>>
File: IMG_2826.png (151KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.png
151KB, 1000x630px
>>32653615
>>
>>32653615

Imagine being so desperate to defend garbage that you have to make outrageous statements and put out short, half-ass arguments.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (52KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
52KB, 640x478px
>>32653615
listen this man
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.