[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Sinnoh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Pt_Sinnoh.png (135KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Pt_Sinnoh.png
135KB, 300x212px
Not a single fairy or genie in sight.

Who comfy here?
>>
>>32652478
Eevee, Ralts, Mr. Mime, Clefairy, Azumarill, Togepi, and M-Altaria (providing Mega Stones exist.) are all in the Sinnoh dex. You'll see plenty of fairy types in your precious remake. :)
>>
>>32652478
wait for sinnoh remakes,

lots and lots of fairies.

lmao
>>
>>32652478
Im going to do a mono poison team anyways.
>>
> fog
> worst wild pokemon theme
> roadblocks everywhere
> the mystery boats
> blizzards
> sandstorms
> swamp
> worst safari zone

I really don't know why anyone would consider Sinnoh their favorite region.
>>
>>32652578
>but the best trainer battle theme
>>
>>32652578
>>32652583
>dont forget the best route themes too
>>
>>32652578
> fog
Was atmospheric and cool
> worst wild pokemon theme
I liked it, but fair enough
> roadblocks everywhere
I'll give you that
> the mystery boats
I forget these
> blizzards
> sandstorms
Yeah true
> swamp
> worst safari zone
Nah man the swamps were cool
>>
>>32652578
>salt marshes
>bad

Kill yourself. The swamp regions of Sinnoh were fucking top tier comfy and adventure fodder
>>
>>32652596
>and cynthia's rhemes
>>
>>32652634
> atmospheric and cool

needing an HM to prevent every battle from being a mess was definitely atmospheric and cool
>>
>>32652578
I like Sinnoh but you didn't even mention the worst part of it. The fucking HMs. Can't go fucking anywhere without either shitting up your team with HMs or having an HM slave. The fog was the worst one but at least it was contained to places where you most likely wouldn't have to travel through again.
>>
>>32652648
>The swamp regions of Sinnoh were fucking top tier comfy
i wish i lived in a dangerous swamp
>>
>>32652490
>platinum's dex
>in the dp remakes
>>
>>32652634
You could literally remove fog from Sinnoh and nothing about its atmosphere would change. It was there to be annoying and take up an HM slot.
>>
File: coastal-salt-marsh.jpg (75KB, 950x712px) Image search: [Google]
coastal-salt-marsh.jpg
75KB, 950x712px
>>32652655
A truly terrifying environment.

Salt marshes, while not exactly amenable to permanent habitation, are pretty safe environments where all sorts of animals feel safe enough to raise their young. As a human adventurer, it'd be a relatively safe but natural and isolated environment
>>
File: HMCuck.png (12KB, 509x386px) Image search: [Google]
HMCuck.png
12KB, 509x386px
>>32652652
True that. You need fucking 3 permanent HM slaves just to advance the storyline.
>>
>>32652687

If Gamefreak are smart they will make the platinum dex the main dex since the DP one had so much wrong with it.
Also they had better not screw up the gym leaders/elite 4's teams like they did in

>>32652699
They'll most likely remove HMs in all future games from now on and replace them with Ride Pokemon, Defog will be no different.
>>
>>32652478
for me platinum is perfect, really good starters, great lore, great legendarys, music, difficulty.
The only thing i want is the game was longer.
For those who complain about the blizzard and sandstorms what is the point of got it if you dont have in the game and only in the competitive.
>>
>>32652650
This is very much true, however I may be in the minority when I say that I didn't realise Defog was a HM and completed my first run without it
>>
>>32652898
The main complaint I always see regarding the DP dex is the lack of fire types. Never understood why that was such a huge deal. Okay yeah I get why a fan of fire types might get annoyed but there's over a dozen other types to play with and you only have 6 party members anyway. I don't see this happening with any other region deficient in a certain type.

I actually kinda liked that the lack of fire types reflected the cold setting. I kinda miss the Hoenn/Sinnoh style of designing regions where it felt like the setting had a much larger effect on what kinds of Pokemon you'd run into.
>>
>>32653056
The main problem is that the fire type elite four member had like one fire type
>>
>>32653101
It's not just him, Volkner had some trouble too IIRC.

When I first played the game I thought it was just them trying to make gyms harder by making them have some diversity, only later did I find out that they just ran out of Pokemon to give them. You'd think they would've gone back and fixed the dex when they realized that.
>>
>>32653056

It wasn't just the lack of fire types, it was the lack in a lot of diversity, gym leaders and elite 4 had Pokemon that had nothing to do with their type specialty but it was fixed in Platinum, that's why most people want the Platinum dex.
A lot of the Pokemon/evolutions weren't available till the post game as well so that made it worse..

It being a colder region doesn't have much to do with it, the cold wouldn't affect Fire types, if the temperature had anything to do with the pokemon in the dex, explain why there were only a handful of ice types that weren't available till near the end of the main story?
>>
>>32653143
Don't misunderstand me, obviously I would prefer the Platinum dex because that's what makes for a much better game. I just thought the issue is way overstated. The evos only being available post-game was definitely the biggest mistake. As an aside, I don't understand why they don't at least give E4 members Pokemon from outside the region dex. I mean, I doubt they never leave the region.

It's possible the lack of fire types and Sinnoh being cold is just coincidence, but I don't think it is. I mean, the biggest landmark in Sinnoh is a massive snow-covered mountain and you run into a ton of ice types there, and they created a post-game dungeon specifically for a bunch of fire types to run around in.
>>
You know, after years of hating Sinnoh due to it coming out during my "Pokémon is for gay babies" phase, I think I have finally coming around to liking it. I think it also helped that I played Platinum recently when I had never played when it came out.
>>
>>32653056
Fire is one of those bread and butter types everyone tries to get on their in-game team. Having only one option besides the starter makes team building boring.

No one would care if say there were only one Poison type in the regional dex.
>>
>>32653927
>only one Poison type in the regional dex.

SM dex has 3 poison types (1 of which is a legend) and im still mad.
>>
>>32652478
I'd take fairies and genies all day over the shitty lake trio.
>>
>>32653927
Plus, Fire-types were useful to get rid of Bronzor/zong which everyone and their mother used in DPPt.
>>
Am I the only one that really liked the foggy route to celest town?

I gave off a really neat adventuring vibe. Uncharted territory, taking care at every step, all that. Sure it made battling a bit mroe annoying but it wasn't as bad as you guys remember.

Also, I like the marshes on principle but the safari zone was dissapointing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.