[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Almost as bad as Ice type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4139.jpg (15KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
15KB, 342x192px
Rock type: has just as many weaknesses as Ice type, and one of the few types that can't pair with Steel. For something so solid, it sure has a lot of weaknesses
>>
really ice and rock are in their own tier of good offensively but terrible defensively.
Bug is bad strictly because of how many things resist it.
Grass is deceptively good despite numerous weaknesses and mediocre stab.

On the other end. Water is close to op because it has guaranteed ice coverage and scald. Fairy IS op. Flying is offensively one of the best STAB types and it pairs perfectly with the massive coverage of earthquake.
>>
>>32648185
Out of rock's 5 weaknesses, the one I never understood was ground. Like I get water and grass, steel is harder so it cuts it, martial artists can smash rocks so fighting is ok too, but ground? it is resisted by bugs, that live on it, but is strong against rocks, that originate on it? never made sense to me.
>>
>>32648185
Rock has more resistances but Normal and Poison are garbage resists. Flying and Fire are okay.
>>
>>32648185
Terrakion is strong
>>
>>32648306
Earthquakes destroy rock-based structures.
>>
i mean comeon weak to fucking steel? steel is everywhere. now not only steel and poison are best walls, they are also given an offensive boost. fucking why.
Strong vs dragon? so what, so is ice. we all know how good is ice. and like ice, it can't touch fire, but at least with ice it made some sense.
good on dark and fight? yeah great. now i can block that m-medicham. oh wait- no it can't. the best it can wall is cockdurr. fighting moves are boring and only plebs use them.
and about dark, reduced damage from knockoff won't let me keep those leftovers. dark is hardly an attack type, mainly for coverage and utility.
/sarcasm
git gud guys.
>>
>>32648399
>i mean comeon weak to fucking steel?
Fairies are repelled by cold iron.
>>
>>32648306
Structural damage due to earthquakes and the like, massive damage occurs but you would be surprised how many lifeforms survive it, especially bugs they are numerous and durable
>>
>>32648185
>Implying that Ice type is the worst

I think you mean grASS
>>
>>32648399
I think in folklores, metal is known to hurt fairies. If you've watched the live action Maleficent movie you'll see how it works
>>
>>32648306
A rock under the ground will eventually be ground down and become the ground itself is kinda how I always imagined it.
>>
>>32648306
Rigid structures are weaker against earthquakes than flexible (biological) ones.
>>
>>32648515
There are many interpretations, in this example artificial beings (STEEL) have power over nature (FAIRY)
>>
>>32648515
I like this explanation, as it was one of the explanations for a possible type matchup when Fairy was rumored.
>>
Would it be better to combine Rock and Ground? Maybe into an Earth Type?
>>
>>32648572

This is also why steel losing its dark and ghost resist was stupid. Steel/iron/silver is known to be sacred and hurt malicious mythological creatures or at least ward them off.
Surely there were other resists they could have removed, like steel's psychic or flying resist.
>>
>>32648711
if rock/ground pokemons become single types, which of them would get a second typing and what typing would it be?
>>
>>32648185
At least it's not Grass type.
>>
>>32648750

Honestly of all the ground/rock types there are every single one of them would be perfectly suitable as a singular Earth type. Kind of shows how pointless the rock/ground divide is.
>>
>>32648497
Just talking about as a defensive type. Grass is definitely in the bottom 3, though.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.