[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Critique Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: eagleye.jpg (99KB, 539x380px) Image search: [Google]
eagleye.jpg
99KB, 539x380px
After generating a random pokemon, (http://randompokemon.com/) describe either what you like about said pokemon's design,or what you would change about the pokemon's design to improve it.
>>
>>32643456
>it's just another starterwars thread
>>
>>32643456
>Posting hopebi$cuit's fakemon
>>
>>32643456
This thread could have been a quality one, but you made the mistake of putting a starter on the cover, thus making this prime material for another goddamn starterwar.
>>
maractus is a good boy he dance and he cactus
>>
>>32643470
>>32643483
>>32643490
Goddamn just pick a pokemon
>>
>>32643506
>boy
>>
>>32643456
Human in a birdsuit.
>>
>>32643584
>picking fakemon
no
>>
File: 1067248.jpg (38KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
1067248.jpg
38KB, 321x450px
>Shroomish

I don't know what possessed me to get one of these in Sapphire, but it became a bro for me.

He's a grump. I wouldn't change it. There's far too many cutesy mons trying to look nice, let it be grump.
>>
File: BW7_EN_1[1].png (159KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
BW7_EN_1[1].png
159KB, 245x342px
Ffs, people, if you don't want it to be about starters, talk about a different pokemon so the thread doesn't go in that direction.

>>32643456
>Oddish
Good old Oddium Wanderus. Unsurprisingly, its design is rather basic as a first stage pokemon in a three stage line. A cutie whose simplistic design works to its favor, its appeal is an exemplar of and can be compared to that of other round, monocolor grass type first form pokemon with small eyes in Hoppip, Cherubi, and Bounsweet. Oddish feels like it has its own identity compared to these by being based on a weed, a more commonplace and simplistic plant. It also has an evolutionary progression similar to Poliwag, but lacks a bit more detail to work with down the line compared to Poliwag's stomach spiral, tadpole tail, and more expressive eyes and mouth.

The biggest thing I would change design-wise would be to give it some semblance of being a seedling or sprout. Every evolution of this pokemon has flowers involved, yet I see no evidence of this in Oddish. It doesn't even look like the kind of weed that flowers, which would have had a stem or bud by the point of becoming as developed as Oddish's weed looks. Maybe hide a smaller bud than Gloom's in its foliage. Another possibility would be making the bud look like a hat that pushes the foliage down to Oddish like bangs, while not obstructing Oddish's face or below.
>>
>>32643456
>fucking voltorb
lazy as fuck, gets shit and deservedly so. Electrode, while being a case of "just gets bigger," at least has a somewhat charming grin compared to voltorb's copy/pasted triangle eyes. A bad design in an OVERALL decent dex. I know it only exists to do a fun mechanic where an item on the ground isn't what it appears, but I'm looking at voltorb in a vacuum. It sucks.
>>
>>32644622
A thought crossed my mind... If pokeballs are made from Apricorns, plants that grow on trees, why don't Voltorb or Electrode get any grass moves?
>>
>>32644648
I think pokeballs were originally made from apricorns, but they're mass produced with either metal or plastic nowadays. I seem to recall Kurt saying something like that in either GSC or HGSS, but I could be wrong.
>>
>Lumineon
I find this one very bland and pointless, it's name means fucking luminous neon and it's design goes pretty much nowhere with it. It just looks like a fish.

The one thing I could think of doing to try to even slightly salvage the blandness of Lumineon is to make it's main body pitch black, and the cyan highlights neon green, purple, or blue. That would make it look a bit less bland in my opinion.
>>
>>32643456
>Bidoof
Eradicate it
Bidoof cannot be saved
Bidoof cannot be cured
It can only be PURGED.
>>
>>32644785
>Bidoof cannot be cured
You can't cure perfection desu.
>>
>>32644667
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Mimikyu mimicking Pikachu and it learns Thunderbolt. I doubt it's balancing because Raichu gets Grass Knot and isn't a problem.
>>
File: mtfzf.jpg (19KB, 261x169px) Image search: [Google]
mtfzf.jpg
19KB, 261x169px
>>32644805
THE INFECTION HAS SPREAD
>>
>>32644874
C'mon we aren't that bad.
>>
>>32644900
name one good thing about bidoof and biberal.
and don't say "they're cute" because cuteness is subjective.
>>
>>32644914
We are incredibly reliable in-game due to our expansive movepool.
>>
>>32644955
tropius gets most of the hms bibaral has access to, except for surf, rock climb, and waterfall which it trades for defog and FLY and looks good to boot
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.