[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will tell you why Pokemon next will be on switch with math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 800-Necrozma.png (312KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
800-Necrozma.png
312KB, 800x614px
So people keep saying. Why would game freak not release a game with 60 million user base.

A Pokemon game costs 34.99

Switch games cost 59.99

So say a 3rd version game sells 10 million on 3ds

That's 349 million dollars

Now say if a 3rd version game sells 6 million copies.

That's 359 million

So they sell 4 million less but still made more money.

Now don't forgot Pokemon will sell switches. Too help create a big user base for the 8th gen mainline games. Which would sell like goldmine

It's either gonna switch only or cross gen. 12 more days until you anti stars anti switch people get BTFO
>>
>>32641154
Why do you even think they'd release a 3rd game?

Stop listening to some shitty rumours

Rememberthe big plus and minus rumour that everyone believed? Where is it? You know what will sell better than "stars" either on 3ds or Switch?

Gen 8 games. Or Sinnoh remakes. Or Kanto reremakes. 3rd games are done because they're not worth the money when main games and remakes can make double or triple the money 3rd games would make
>>
>>32641154
>12 more days
They'll reveal it after E3, in a separate Direct.
>>
>>32641391
Nice to see damage control has already started.
>>
>>32641391
Yeah "fuck the biggest promo platform we;ve used for XY, ORAS and SM, we dont need it now, we will reveal it few days after because that makes sense!" right?
>>
>>32641415
Pokemon doesn't need E3.
>>
>>32641442
Obviously, thats why they always were using E3 to promote it right?
>>
>>32641442
So Pokemon isn't gonna announce a new game at e3 because they want to show that a Pokemon direct can be bigger than a e3 announcement
>>
>>32641456
They've never announced it at E3. They could announce it whenever they want and it would still sell just as much as always.

>>32641463
Wouldn't surprise me knowing them
>>
>>32641468
It's not about Pokemon needing e3. It's about Nintendo needing Pokemon for e3. They need to make a giant splash with switch first e3.

They are projecting 18 million switches for fiscal year march 30th 2018. They need surpises
>>
>>32641154
Pokemon English and Pokemon Sports will be released in 2019, Mathfags BTFO (And it will be a 1DS exclusive)
>>
>>32641477
It would still be a surprise if it came a week after E3 and it would sell just as many Switch consoles. Nintendo doesn't decide on their own when the Pokemon games get announced.
>>
>>32641489
Absolutely they don't. But last 3 times gamefreaks presence at E3 has gotten bigger. 2013, 2014 and 2016.

You acting like iwata of Nintendo didn't do the first Pokemon direct in 2013 and Nintendo has no say in anything lol
>>
>>32641391
Maybe if you'd say they'll reveal it before E3 i'd believe you, MAYBE. But not after E3

>>32641468
>They've never announced it at E3. They could announce it whenever they want and it would still sell just as much as always.

But they always promoted it at E3, announcing it few days after is pure stupidity, specially if its just s 3rd game for a console with small install base
>>
>>32641517
>But they always promoted it at E3
Barely. And it would be a first either way in that case.

>>32641515
They didn't even have a press conference last year. They only had a livestream where they played the game for a bit, while everyone wanted them to move on and show Zelda. I'd hardly call that a bigger presence.
>>
>>32641543
Zelda won't ever outsell Pokemon. Internet keyboards neckbeards asking to move doesn't matter.

There wasn't an event direct last year. It was 40 mins of Pokemon. Which is huge
>>
>>32641553
>Internet keyboards neckbeards asking to move doesn't matter.
Those were the ones watching that "huge" livestream. Not the 15 million people that buy pokemon anyway.
>>
>>32641154
Your math is flawed because:
>relies on a 10% attach rate vs a 200% attach rate
>making another game for the 3ds would mean reusing large numbers of assets (game engine, art, ui, etc.) vs having to make an almost entirely new game (core assets could persists like the pokemon models and some business logic involving how moves interact in battle, but for the most part everything would have to be remade)
>>
>>32641611
It could technically just be upscaled. See Monster Hunter XX for Switch.
>>
>>32641611
>>32641626
Euro gamer Rumor said exactly this
>>
>>32641543
>They didn't even have a press conference last year. They only had a livestream where they played the game for a bit

Yeah, Masuda and Ohmori doing a live interview with the worldwide first actual gameplay footage is "nothing" for you. Thats enough for me to know how deluded you are.
>>
>>32641656
Nah, you're the delusional one if you honestly think that cause even one extra sale.
>>
>>32641790
You don't think showing 40 mins of gameplay, music won't help with Atleast 1 sale. That's delusion for real
>>
>>32641790
wew lad
>>
>>32641954
Crazy eh
>>
>>32641790
reporting in, I was on the fence about SM after the supreme disappointments that were XYORAS, that live stream got me on board
>>
>>32642584
Exactly
>>
>>32641543
It worked
>>
>>32641372
>Rememberthe big plus and minus rumour that everyone believed?
Nobody other than literal autists and morons believed that """leak""".
>>
>>32647472
And only autists and moron sould believe in Stars "leak"
>>
>>32647506
Are you ready to get BTFO in 12 days?
>>
>>32648500
Yes, yes Stars will be shown at E3 blah, blah, blah

I wonder what Stars believers will come up with after E3

"It will be revealed at world, g-get ready to be B TFO..."
>>
>>32648541
"m-muh treehouse"
"m-muh wait for muh directs"

Im just waiting for the DiaPer remakes
>>
>>32641154
The next game will be the last for 3ds, just like Black 2/White 2 were for the DS.

Gen 8 WILL be on the switch
>>
>>32648555
I can see that happening but i can also see just gen 8 on Switch next year.

All Pokemon from SM were already revealed and are promoted as we speak, there's nothing left

After BW1 there was still Genesect for BW2
After XY there were still Hoopa and Volcanion for ORAS
SM revealed everything. Necrozma might get a new form but that can be easily left for gen 8 like Perfect Zygarde was in gen 7
>>
>>32648547
Well your gonna be waiting until next year or 2019
>>
>>32641154
I agree too but fuck math
>>
>>32641154
>So say a 3rd version game sells 10 million on 3ds
>Now say if a 3rd version game sells 6 million copies.

Why the fuck would GF even consider doing another 3rd version? And on top of that in the very first year of SM's life (in the past 3rd games were released two years after main games)?

Wanna know the list of worst selling Pokemon games?
1. Crystal
2. Emerald
3. Platinum
4. BW2
5. Yellow

Out of those only Yellow sold over 10 millions and only because it was the peak of Pokemania around the world and it had Pikachu as the mascot

3rd games are not worth it. You're math means shit because the simplest math says that gen 8 will sell a lot more, same with any remakes
>>
>>32648622
3rd versions take the least amount of time to make. That's why.

Yokai watch, monsters hunters make 3rd versions to for there main games. It's easy money with less effort.

Selling 5 million + for basically DLC of main games is amazing
>>
>>32648642
Oh right so probably thats why GF didnt make Gray or Z. OH WAIT

Besides, 3rd game on Switch wouldnt be any easy money. Did you even read Eurogamers article? They said all Pokemon will get new models. Do you realize how much it will cost? Its not worth to put this much effort into a 3rd game unless you're like wasting time and money

Either Eurogamers leak is false or the codename Stars isnt about 3rd game for SM because it wouldnt make any sense
>>
>>32648661
They said they already made it. They were already making it. During sun and moon 3ds.

Honestly I think the reason Z doesn't exist is because they wanted a new gen main line game for 20th annivasary

Grey is basically bw2. It's sequel with 3rd legend

Bw2 was the bottom 2 lowest the selling Pokemon because everyone moved onto the 3ds. Game freak wouldn't want to make the same mistake
>>
>>32648686
What are you even talking about? BW2 sold better than Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.

Also
>They said they already made it
It doesnt matter if they already made it or not, its about the money they put into it. Besides it if they were making Switch version while working 3ds version then it means they paid double (or triple!) the money on making one game, plus the time.
>>
>>32648732
Yeah I meant the ones with 2 versions. Let's not act some people don't buy both versions of the game

Sun and moon can't even run properly on new 3ds because of high polygon. It's already made

Get ready to be btfo in 12 days
>>
>>32648772
Im getting ready for your "It'll be at worlds!" after E3
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.