[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw you realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

>Zygarde's cave is supposed to look like an X and a Y put together
>so is Zygarde 100% with wings and tail
>core colors represent XYSM
>advertise new forms for new game
>SM comes out, Zygarde a shitty sidequest
>100% form is a battle locked gimmick
>loses Aura Break, doesn't counter Xerneas or Yveltal
>nothing to do with SM legendaries at all
>will never be mentioned again

Seriously, why Game Freak?
>>
>>32636801
>Seriously, why Game Freak?
>Game Freak

There's your answer
>>
BUT HEY
>>
>>32636919
THAT'S JUST A THEORY
>>
>>32637821
A GAME THEORY
>>
>>32636840
fpbp
>>
>>32636840
Yep. Still can't think of any legendary that's ever been that forgotten/trolled. It's like halfway through gen 6, they realized the whole generation was a mistake and swept it under a rug.

Funny thing is I wasn't even hype for Zygarde until they released the new forms. Then they basically said fuck it and trashed it and all its new forms. Oh well, RIP in peace
>>
Obviously they made the thing in case they needed to push out a extra gen 6 game. It turns out the anniversary game was more important, so it was just thrown into SM at the last minute.
>>
>>32637838
THANKS FOR WATCHING
>>
>>32638048
it pisses me off that they only added 10% and 100% formes and then fucked off

It should have at least 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% desu
>>
>>32638074
This is what gets me the most. That was the laziest thing they could have possibly ever done. They should have just not released the unfinished Kalos stuff like they did with Eternal Floette and possibly released it in a later game that would actually do it justice.

This is what makes me not hype anymore for future games, because with the last two gens, Game Freak basically set a precedent of "Fuck it we don't have to finish anything, we're gonna make money regardless." All the loose ends in Kalos ended up being just that.
>>
>Can't see the core form outside collecting those 5
>Can't use 100% at will or outside battle
>No storyline at all surrounding a creature with 4 forms and a significant anime representation
>Zygarde sidequest shoved into SM with no real relevance to Alola

Fucking Gamefreak. Z should have come out this year. I'm sure most people wouldn't have given a fuck about getting a nother Gen 6 gane after the first Gen 7 set.
>>
>>32636801
TFW: Zygarde wasn't shoehorned into sun and moon (it's been part of sun and moon the whole damn time), it was shoehorned into (and possibly redesigned for) X and Y.
>>
>>32638745
As much as I want to believe this, it still doesn't explain why Zygarde plays no apparent role in either game. If it were so important to SM it wouldn't be a simple side quest that amounts to a whole lot of nothing once it's done. On top of that, how does it relate to Solgaleo or Lunala in any way that is not speculative? I get the Sun/Moon/Earth thing, but as far as canon goes, the SM legends are ultra beasts and don't share any resemblance or connections to Zygarde. Unless you think those ties and relevance will be shown in a future game not yet released.
>>
>>32638847
pretty sure all japanese character designers, especially ones working on franchises targeted at children, are high-tier autists who spend hundreds of hours of background research to incorporate maximal references/puns/homages per unit of screentime just to fuck with the adults who are forced to consume the media with their children (normies) and/or autists like them who willingly subject themselves to children's media
>>
>>32638892
like, it doesn't matter if other writers or animators they work with make use of all the little details, the hidden references are what gets the character designers off sexually
>>
>>32638745
No, this is still as much of a stretch as it's always been. It obviously follows the theme of the XY trio far more then the SM trio.

(plus that chart twists the meaning of Corpus pretty badly. It's actually a dark matter-like substance that was believed to conduct light through space. "Earth" was also a term for solids, so the idea was that they wanted to get some and condense it into a solid object. That was one of many, many theories about how the Philosopher's stone could be made)
>>
>>32638847
The SM legends are connected to Zygarde through Necrozma. Best bet is that Necrozma was either following or hunting UB Cosmog (which became pokemon Solgaleo/Lunala), started causing havoc in process. Zygarde, being the guardian/protector of the ecosystem that it is, shuts down Necrozma putting deep into the ground and scattering it's cells to keep tabs on it and any other UB's. As for why is has yet to play any major role well....Giratina shows up in D/P but doesn't have a major role until Platinum, Kyurem shows up in B/W but doesn't have a major role until B2/W2. We don;t have Zygarde's game yet and X/Y were not it's games. X/Y/ORAS are prototypes that were developed into games to hold us over until they fully realized S/M (i.e. the games they wanted to make for the 3DS from the get-go). Somehere along the line GF decided to use Zygarde as a link between games. Think about it if GF wanted nothing more to do with Zygarde after X/Y then why the hell did we get the new forms (especially it's complete one), why did we get finding cells/cores feature, why is Resolution Cave (a carbon copy of terminus cave) on one of the islands. Game Freak is Building up to something, poorly and annoyingly mind you, but they do have something in store for Zygarde.
>>
>>32638892
That's cool for people that want to do all that alchemy research and what not, but I just want my story quest for Zygarde lol. Giratina got one, Kyurem got one, every set of legendary trios in the game got one, even lame heatran and lamer cresselia got one. The fact that the extent of Zygarde's story in-game is gonna be "lol find these sparkly green things and make one bro, who knows why it's here" is lazy as shit. At this point I'm almost certain Game Freak is just trolling us.
>>
>>32639028
I really hope so. Honestly, this is all I'm waiting for is a conclusion. Any conclusion. That's why I said that Game Freak is setting a precedent of unfinished work with the last 3 pairs of games. If they don't wrap it up by the next set of games, then I have to believe that they're just choosing to release half assed final versions because they know it won't ultimately affect their bottom line.
>>
>>32636801
Whats weird is that SM pokedex entry for Zygarde straight out mentions Xerneas and Yveltal which is weird because they're just not part of SM lore or anything

Wouldnt be surprising if next game is some big resolution including the Kalos trio and Necrozma
>>
>>32639028
>X/Y/ORAS are prototypes that were developed into games to hold us over until they fully realized S/M (i.e. the games they wanted to make for the 3DS from the get-go)

While i agree with most of your post this made mu chuckle. Thats just false, SM is slightly more polished, yes, because GF had 2 years to do it but its still as unfinihsed (if not more!) as XY. Besides the popular theory that gen 6 was juts testing lots of stuff for gen 7 is bullshit because majority of gen 6 best features never made into gen 7 (PSS, Soaring, Dexnav, Friend Safari, QR bases, good places to train like Battle Chateau, Hordes etc)
>>
It's cool and for not having a face Zygarde is strangely cute but alas GF had to fuck it up again.
>>
>>32636801
This.

Zygarde's lore isn't consistent at all, which is stupid. Not that the anime is canon to the games, but desu how the anime portrayed Zygarde was infintiely better compared to the recent games portrayal of it.

If anything, it'd be solid if the Complete form was permanent like the 2 previous formes and just kept Aura Break, though since this is GF we're talking about they probably dumped Zygarde right after Sun/Moon was released. Wasted story potential and symbolism.
>>
Retcon When?

All they have to do is to make the Perfect form permanent and give it either its old ability or something Else that benefits it a lot more and still lets it shit on Xerneas & Yveltal
>>
>>32636801
Aura Break never countered Xerneas or Yveltal
It is an absolutely shitty ability through and through.
>>
>>32639070
Eh fair enough, I still stand by the prototype theory, but ok.
>>
>>32636801
Zygarde should have been post game content in XY, where it should had a proper backstory and all.
Instead XY don't have any real post game and zygarde never got what it deserverd.
Welcome to GameFreak.
>>
>>32639028
Do you think that Zygarde will get another revisit? I like how the Complete forme is important and features a lot of symbolism, but lame af that it isn't permanent and more of a gimmicky than anything else.
>>
Things may look grim now, but in 2023 when they release Pokemon Z for the New Nintendo Switch, I'm sure they'll do a great job of tying up those loose ends.
>>
>>32638246
>anime
The games are an anime now. They don't need to put it in one if they've explained it in the other.

The childish way they treat players now, they probably expect that anyone who plays the games watches the show & movies.
>>
File: FroFro.jpg (8KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
FroFro.jpg
8KB, 250x239px
>>32636801
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER!

> the franchise falls apart
>>
File: Pepe Surprise.png (101KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Surprise.png
101KB, 650x850px
>>32639028
Pokémon PriZm
>>
>>32640661
>252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aura Break Zygarde-Complete: 192-228 30.1 - 35.8%

at least it could stand a chance of not flat out dying against Xerneas, even though it can't do much back but be a fat piece of shit. Remember when 100% was first revealed and people all thought it would have an ability that would cause inverse battles to beat Xerneas and Yveltal? Who would have guessed it would have gotten a worse ability than Aura Break.

>>32641359
>leaves lots of open ends in Kalos to bait a Z
>no Z
>"we wanna surprise the fans!"
This would have been just fine. Seriously, I'm all for getting rid of 3rd versions. But only if Game Freak actually bothers making a complete standalone first pair, which they haven't done since the gameboy days. Since gen 3, pokemon has literally needed the third versions and sequels of every gen to finish the region. They can't just skip them if they aren't gonna solve the artificial problem they purposely created for the sole purpose of selling them.

Well, I guess they can, we've been buying them regardless like good little slaves.
>>
>>32642131
Z-Crystals
>>
>>32636919
>>32637821
>>32637838
>>32638078

>makes shitty claim by stringing together inconsequential evidence
>makes disclaimer with "HEY, IT'S JUST A THEORY"
>prove them wrong and they have their disclaimer covering their ass, plus a bunch of their cumguzzling shills jumping down your throat to defend them

fucking faggots
>>
>>32638048
Bullshit. The games have been in development for more than 4 years, so nobody trashed anything because sun/moon was allready in development and Zygarde was planned like this.
>>
>>32638246
Not using the core will always get me mad
>>
>>32642723
That's all the more insulting. I only said it looked like they trashed it, I don't believe they would can something that big. But if this was planned from the jump, either 1. They aren't done with it, or 2. It was the laziest most half assed "plan" that Game Freak has ever shit out. I'm hoping its the former, but experience tells me not to get my hopes up. GF knows at this point all they need to do is make the games pretty and they will sell themselves.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.