[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more versatile Pokemon than Gliscor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Gliscor.png (33KB, 481x440px) Image search: [Google]
Gliscor.png
33KB, 481x440px
>Swords Dance
>Taunt
>Steal Rocks
>STAB Earthquake
>Rock Polish/Agility
>Knock Off
>Roost
>Elemental Fangs
>Great stats
>Immune to status
>Leftovers but twice as good
>Baton Pass
>Good defensive typing
>Looks badass
>>
>>32634949
Urimoo used Ice Throwing Stone!
>>
>>32634949
Landorus Therian
>>
>>32634949
>Baton Pass

Anon, how to tell you this...

I think Landorus is known for its great versatility.
>>
>32634994
Landorus can't really do anything that Gliscor can't do, aside from using a certain few attacks.
>>
>>32634994
>>32635013
Accidentally didn't give you a (you), and I'm not angry so here's the (you) in case you thought I was angry or something.
>>
>>32634949
Mew
>>
>>32635048
Of course Mew and Smeargle are more versatile when they can learn most moves. Neither of them really have the typing and stats to back up their versatility, though.
>>
>>32634949
Arceus
>>
>>32634949
Cloud Tiger of Healthy Meta.
>>
>>32635142
See >>32635013
>>
>>32635062
Well, neither is gliscor, especially considering >lionofhealthymeta can do many things so much better than Gliscor

The only things gliscor can do better are toxic-stalling related
>>
>>32635013
-Lando is a better user of Z-Crystals. The only reason Gliscor would even run an SD set nowadays is Facade in conjunction with Poison Heal or Acrobatics+ Fling. Flying Gem+Acro was an awesome niche in Gen 5 though.

-Lando is a better Scarfer for hitting significantly harder and a better ability. Gliscor lacks the immediate firepower to be an efficient scarfer.
Jolly Lando outdamages Adamant Gliscor, stop and think about that.

-Gliscor doesn't get Gravity, so Lando can EQ anything it wants.

-Lando has a usable special attack stat and Calm Mind access, unlike Gliscor. Though Calm Mind Lando is a gimmick its something.

Gliscor's strengths over Lando is status immunity, being a Knock Off sponge if your not using a cleric, reliable recovery, and access to Taunt.
>>
>>32635157
If you say so, bud.
>>
>>32635172
You make some good points. But Gliscor is still kickass so fuck you.
>>
>>32634949
whats a good nickname for a male gliscore?
>>
>>32635175
This
>>32635172
Also, lando has intimidate, U-turn and he can use an item without his ability becoming relevant, making it an overall better pivot, "offensive wall" and arguably the best mon in 2V
>>
>>32635186
Scorpio?
>>
>>32634949
>only uses one item/ability
>roost/eq are pretty much mandatory
>can't go mixed
>tiny feet
>>
>>32635241
Shut up Brett, everyone's mad at you
>>
Arceus-sama
Lando-senpai
Phero-chan
Aegi-dono
>>
>>32635048
Mew cannot learn crabhammer so it can't learn every move in the game
>>
>>32635276
What the fuck is this Crabhammer meme?
>>
Why is Ground/Flying so great?
>>
>>32635292
-Great offensive STAB combo
-2 immunities from common attacking types
-Fighting resistance
Ice moves are a pain, but its legitimately a great attacking type anyways.
>>
>>32635290
>The dex says mew can learn every move
>some anon goes "mew can't learn rabhammer; the dex is WRONG"
>retards randomly pick a side and fight another
>>
>>32635257
>Phero-chan
you need moves to be versatile
>>
>>32635379
>scarf
>specs
>banded
>LO mixxed
>RS
>Quiver dance
>Z-hyperbeam

Looks like you don't
>>
>>32635379
Part of the reason Pheromosa was banned was because of her unpredictability.
>>
>>32635290
It came around when this dude Richard wouldn't stop posting that the Pokédex is 100% accurate and "canon" and that anything in game that contradicts that is "non canon" such as Mew being unable to learn crab hammer, when the Dex says it can learn anything. It devolved into a meme from that, getting posted in mass whenever the idiot made a thread.
>>
>>32635447
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>32634949
Imposter Ditto
>>
>>32634949
octillery
move of every type except fairy, dragon and fighting
>>
>>32635476
It learns a lot of moves but it has only ont type of set it can really use; 4 90-ish special moves with specs/LO/AV
>>
>>32635292
Offensively Ground hits all Flying resists supereffectively or at least neutrally, Levitate mons aside. Ground/Fairy is just as stupid. However the latter is nonexistent and the former's mons have no Flying attacks they'd want to use.
Defensively you have all benefits of a Flying type, except you also turn Electric weakness into an immunity. Out of its two remaining weaknesses Water is almost never used as coverage, leaving Ice as the only type you'd need to worry about as something random mons may carry.
>>
>>32634949

I found this out during a White 2 Nuzlocke when I got an Impish Gligar. Eviolite wall, Swords Dance, U-turn pivot, Acrobatics, you name it. A lot of this only really works that well ingame, but it's got options out the ass. I could have used Sandstorm for Sand Veil hax too, but didn't.

Also Ground/Flying is godly for Fighting types because it isn't weak to Rock like most others, and dealing with Fighting types in Gen 5 Nuzlockes is very important.
>>
>>32635476
It means shit when you can't use them to their full potential.

Delcatty is able to learn high BP moves of many types, does that make it versatile though?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.