[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nuz/ - nuzgen #DrowntheSnail edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 50

File: image.png (65KB, 420x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65KB, 420x520px
>Nuzlocke Info

>Romhacks
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0

>Difficult Rankings

>Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472

>Images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm

>Nuzlocke Ruleset Generator
http://emmaramirez.github.io/nuzlocke-generator/

>Nuzlog
https://techyfatih.github.io/Nuzlog/

>Pokebank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kvh94c7zdb5kcj

ToTT: What was your favorite unexpected bromon?
>>
>>32634013
Obligatory nuzlocke.com
>>
>>32634075
>implying he'll ever update again
>>
File: firstencounter.png (18KB, 513x386px) Image search: [Google]
firstencounter.png
18KB, 513x386px
MOTHERFUCK THIS WAS MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WHAT DO
>>
>>32634548
Throw Masterball or Fast Ball.
>>
File: yay.png (33KB, 515x769px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
33KB, 515x769px
>>32634570
Not an option. If it runs away is my encounter just gone? Or if I found it again on a different route could I try again?
>>
>>32634584
THROW THE DAMN BALL
>>
>>32634584
its the first encounter, that shit counts
>>
>>32634584
Same as an Abra.

Why do you only have three Pokeballs?
>>
>>32634596
But what if it runs away?????
>>32634602
I'm fucking retarded apparently
>>
>>32634604
if it runs then you missed out
throw the damn ball
>>
File: I_want_to_die.png (22KB, 516x385px) Image search: [Google]
I_want_to_die.png
22KB, 516x385px
>>32634584
I don't know what I expected.
>>
File: 20170530_131133.jpg (531KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_131133.jpg
531KB, 2896x2896px
first casualty of the game, on the bright side I caught one of my favorites! rip cookie
>>
Juts started a Plat locke. Had a good team going, but right when I started grinding for the first REAL rival battle, I lost my Starly to a fucking Bidoof's crit tackle.
>>
>Elvis swept Maxie after a Rock Polish and two PuPs and a Swagger from Mighhtyena
>fought an expert on Rugged Path
Belly Drum Hariyama is scary.
>>
>try omega fire red
>challenge brock
>wait why is the hoenn elite four music playing
>oh dear
rip
>>
How is the White 2 nuzlocke? Kinda felt like playing Pokemon, but I didn't wanna rely on old favorites, so I thought I'd give this a go.
>>
>>32635557

It's very much "pray for good or interesting encounters" up until Clay. The lategame can be pretty hard as well, especially Victory Road - take advantage of the move tutors. It's pretty good but not exactly Nuzlocke friendly due to how few locations for encounters there are for the first two gyms, and you can miss out on awesome mons by getting a Patrat or Pidove. Chances are you'll still mostly encounter Unova Pokemon despite the wider dex, and every time I run this game, I end up with a team of mainly Unova Pokemon myself.

I finished a run recently with Samurott, Swoobat, Lilligant, Volcarona, Gliscor, and Bisharp. Swoobat was mainly sentimentality, while Gliscor was late game MVP even before evolving. Samurott and Lilligant were great as always. Volcarona can be awesome as well, but it takes a lot of work as it's initial moveset is horrible. Bisharp benefits from move tutors big time.
>>
Decided to start my first 7th gen Nuzlocke and got Litten, Meowth and Pikipek so far. So far so good, kind of nervous tho. Should I use the Exp Share? I remember the first time I played the game I used it and my team was on the same level as the champion.
>>
>>32635584
Pidove can work sort if you give it evolite, teach it work up and roost
find something it safely stat up against, stat the fuck up and then sweep whatever remains

just came from a black 2 hard mode nuzlocke and it was fairly useful as long as it lasted
>>
>>32635628

Pidove does work, but you can miss out on Riolu by getting it, for example. Purrloin or Patrat are the real cockblocks. I have taken Unfezant to the end in one of my other White 2 Nuzlockes.
>>
>>32635618
I think most would say not to use it. I think the game itself is balanced around EXP share, but since it's a challenge run and all, perhaps forgo it.
>>
>>32635637
yeh got pretty lucky on my run with certain encounters
got a psyduck in the ranch (you can't believe just how useful damp is against all the god damn sturdy rock types with explosion) and actually managed to dodge getting patrat or it's evo for the entire game
>>
>>32635678

On my most recent run, my encounters before Cheren were literally Purrloin, Patrat, and Pidove. It wasn't until later on until I started getting anything that good, mainly with regards to amazing natures, like Impish Gligar.

Lilligant is really good as well. Quiver Dance is just so useful. Psyduck wouldn't have helped me much since I picked Oshawott, and I see very little in the way of exploders in the Unova games anyway.
>>
>>32635702
went with snivy myself, so between psyduck and a growlithe I actually managed to get myself a FGW core before roxie
growlithe even lasted me the entire game and I got decent replacements for the 2 others in the form of ferroseed and a timid staryu
>>
>>32634013

of recent memory probably Hypno, always the underdog psychic type for me that I never looked over other options, was my go-to switch in for tanking hits and could hit hard back.

Debating on a Crystal or HGSS locke now.
>>
>>32635713

Oh yeah, Starmie is also really good in this game, it's another mon I used in a previous run of White 2.
>>
>>32635733
yeh the addition of infinite tm's really does wonders for it
>>
File: Plat locke.png (454KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Plat locke.png
454KB, 1552x1015px
What I've got going so far, the first gym shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (125KB, 726x562px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
125KB, 726x562px
I thought I was ready for the Purugly.

RIP Rowland, you're sacrifice was not in vain.
>>
>>32637086
I'm working on my Plat lock too, I've lost many things to that Purugly on previous runs.

The Skuntank is 100 times worse, though.
>>
File: d53.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
d53.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>32637086
>>32637152
purugly is such a silly pokemon
>>
>>32637480
It has no right to be as strong as it is
>>
File: marsplat.png (36KB, 539x401px) Image search: [Google]
marsplat.png
36KB, 539x401px
>>32637488
i think it just catches people off-guard. i'm too used to playing hacks that give it frustration + hypnosis but in-game it doesn't look too bad. i guess if you don't have anything particularly bulky it can be challenging
>>
File: progress7.png (146KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress7.png
146KB, 944x473px
>>32612886
Finally updating. I lost Celeste right after she evolved, that's sad.
I entered Rock Tunnel just to catch a mon and update this. I need help choosing my replacement for her.
>>
>>32637538
I'd say use jigglypuff, but you're probably better off using goldeen
>>
>>32637537
This time I had a Machop, so it wasn't that bad. Like I said though, the Skuntank is the REAL menace.
>>
I got bored of normal playthroughs and Nuzlockes are boring now too.

Best part of nuzlockes are when I catch a Pokemon I really like and it takes me far, like a beloved Dustox or Bibarel.

Even Koffing in gen 5.

How bad would it be for me to modify a nuzlocke and allow me to cut down my possibilities per route?

Before playing, that is.

For example, not counting anything other than like 3 pokemon per route in Black 2?

I know at that point it's no longer a real nuzlocke, but Pokemon is getting boring even though I love it when the timing is right and some stars align.
>>
>>32637836
That kinda defeats the purpose of it. You never know who might get added to that Unexpected bro list. In my last attempt(Soul Silver), my Was Stantler. He took me far, but fell to a Crit against Claire, and I wiped.
>>
>>32638117
For me was Stoutland in Sun. He's a good dog.
>>
What would you say is a good level to try and find a kind anon here to trade with to evolve a Gravler/Machoke/etc?
>>
>>32638150
I usually go with level 35-40
>>
>>32638150
Graveler swept Flannery. Now just need to decide which fossil to take.
Even is Root and odd is Claw.
>>
File: flawlessplat22.gif (13KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat22.gif
13KB, 225x320px
trying something special, hope it looks cool

just doing berry things until friday so i can get drifloon and 6-0 gardenia
>>
>>32638117
I see your point.
I used to be super anal with nuzlockes that I didn't even allow hm slaves.
My attention and focus problems have gotten so bad though.
I would only be cutting out the fat and cut out the boring pokemon from Black 2, which I've never gotten far into due to poor attention span from boring catches.
I want to make Sewaddle one of my possible catches since he's cute, for example and cut out something boring like the one dimensional cat.
Otherwise I'll get bored 1 badge in like always.

Alternatively, what other challenges with a game over are there?
>>
Fuck Sand Viel. Lost my starter because Mega Drain missed twice against a trainer's Sandslash in the desert. Knocked down to 3 HP then killed by the sandstorm. There is nowhere good to train between Flannery and Norman.
>>
>>32635637
I got a Riolu and nearly shat my pants, and then I ended up losing it shortly after Roxie. At least I got a Magnemite with Sturdy, I'd honestly rather you that just for the security.
>>
>>32639614

Magnemite is arguably one of the best Pokemon for BW2 Nuzlockes honestly. I didn't even have Sturdy when I used mine.
>>
I've yet to beat sun/moon I wanna do a nuzlocke my first full runthru (furthest I've made it is totem mimikyu I believe)
Which starter is best for a gen 7 nuz?
>>
File: Cant we all just get along.jpg (193KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Cant we all just get along.jpg
193KB, 1552x1015px
>>
>>32637537
>powerful attack that also heals
>using a Pokémon with that attack and speed
>that early on the game
No wonder why most people think diaperplat games were shit.
>>
>>32640744
>leach life
>gen 4
>powerful
>>
reposting my nuzlocke regional project

>kanto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNktw556oTYBGpCfVEjBBZI1J
>johto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvVA9BKhGfHCMLpVADsjJR5
>sinnoh
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvL-8k6GWrfgd76WKmT3nKL
>unova
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkukMmYHBT7r_ERWhIehCfKa
>unova 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkuDfo9M-k1xehHZNMxgV8bF
>kalos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNksDm2rEb8NIw_B8oSK22XLQ
>hoenn
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvj7hsoiMEREZVz_O9qbt38
>alola
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkudyAJjqe_tChQfaCV1w1wP
>>
for randomized nuzlockes do you just randomize the one you replace your starter with or every encounter?
>>
>>32641590
Both
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.jpg (184KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.jpg
184KB, 1063x751px
Alriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here we go
>>
>>32638419
>Just skipped windworks grass and put honey on the tree there.
>Come back and find a fucking Heracross

I got an Aipom from the one in the Meadow, so I'd say I did pretty well. I hope I can get a Burmy later though. Trash Wormadam is amazing.
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (326KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
326KB, 1063x751px
>>32641788
Update boys.

Hopefully I'll be adding Nidoran to my team pretty soon and get that Nidoqueen so I can use her right away.

Easter is mowin' through 'em too.
>>
>>32639703
I feel like I'm just getting a homerun team. Managed to snag a Petilil with Own Tempo, so that's going to wreck Elesa and Clay.
>>
>>32642010

Oh yes, I got Own Tempo Lilligant too. Wrecked half of the gym leaders. I seem to always get Petilil in Castelia, but I finally took one to the end on this run.

Unova is always fun to Nuzlocke, even if it's BW2, as you're going to end up with something either awesome or unique (as in, not in many dexes) sooner or later.
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (358KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
358KB, 1063x751px
>>32641933
Damn. Update.

Made it out of Mt. Moon pretty easily. Got my Nidoran evolvin' into Nidorina. And went ahead to catch Abra.

The rival battle before Nugget Bridge was a shoe in. Easter putting in work as usual.

Easter pulling through with the hypnosis onto the Abra. Would have killed myself if it failed and Abra teleported away BUT luckily I caught it.

Then the Gym. One of the Trainers had a Goldeen and I swear I had the worst luck. Confusion and Horn Attack destroyed Easter. Rip buddy. Wasted all my potions too.

But I remembered I had a Nugget, sold it, stocked up, and both Meowmi and Priscilla got me the badge. I think Poliwag is the next mon to get (a loooong while).
>>
>>32642545
I think Dodou is catchable before the good rod, and available before Erika's gym.
>>
>>32642774
Thank god.
>>
>>32642047
Yeah I'm having a nice time of it (despite losing my Sandile to Colress, fuck that). Growlithe, Magnemite, and Lilligant are carrying me through everything so far without much hassle.
>>
>>32637538
Bob
>>
>>32641789
I ended up using the Ground Wormadam form last run and it tanked hits like a champ. Didn't expect Wormadam to be such a useful party member, hope I get to try out the other forms sometime.
>>
>>32643396
I've used trash cloak in a couple of runs. That bonus steel typing is amazing to have.
>>
File: 1462995261196.png (203KB, 660x498px) Image search: [Google]
1462995261196.png
203KB, 660x498px
God fucking damn that piece of shit Skuntank. Healed my Luxio up to full after taking a hit and being poisoned, then OHHEY fucking OHKO Crit Night Slash. Fucking bullshit.

My Golbat finished it off, but one-hit crit kills seem to happen every fucking time I fight it.
>>
>>32643712
Sorry for your loss anon

Who do you have lined up to replace?
>>
>>32643841
Cynthia gave me the egg pretty much right after I left, so I guess I'll keep it for now. I need to grind to let some other catch up. At least I have the EXP share now. Working on my starter and Heraccross, they're pretty far behind. I've also got some pretty nice stuff from my Aipom's pickup.
>>
>>32643910
Pickup is a godsend. Especially when low on funds.
>>
>>32644025
He's found an Ultra Ball and Super potion already, so I've already benefited quite nicely.
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (376KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
376KB, 1063x751px
>>32642545
Pretty big update.

Ran through Lt. Surge with Priscilla + Dig, destroyed the Game Corner Hideout and Erika, and mow through Lavender Tower with Meowmi. Then I made my way to Fushia.

If you all wanted to know, there are an outstanding 43 Trainers between Lavender and Fushia. Meowmi and Priscilla boosted way the fuck up.

So now I'm in Fuschia. Go get the Good Rod to fish up a Poliwag and call her Ikaika. Then proceed to the route to the left to capture a Doduo. Then speed through the Safari Zone and challenge Koga.

EVERYTHING WAS GOING FINE until I learned Fearow knows Pursuit. It was entirely my fault, I just didn't realized Fearows carried Pursuit until Ikaika died. Right after I stopped grinding her up and evolving her too. Heartbroken.

Then our squad runs through Bicycle and challenges the Fighting Dojo. Schizo, our Doduo, kills them with Aerial Ace. I love that birb.

We go through Silph Co. All the way up to the Rival battle. All he has left is Growlithe, and I send out Schizo. He was putting in so much work (landing 2 Freezes and Burns consecutively with Tri-Attack against Binky the Rival). Unfortunately he dies from a crit Flame Wheel (or something like that- it all happened to quickly).

Giovanni got flattened and with Sabrina subdued, Meowmi, Priscilla and I make our way to Blaine, hopefully going to snag us a Rapidash on our way.
>>
>>32637637
>>32643374
Thanks, anons! I will go with Bob since I really hate the name I gave Poseidon (not sure why I did it). Will post update in about 12 hours.
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (396KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
396KB, 1063x751px
>>32644530
Defeated Blaine and went to One Island to get my Rapidash named Marengo. Grinded up a tad and made my way to Giovanni.

Now it's off to the League.
>>
Blue wiped me on the last badge in SS, killing my motivation to reset a run. I drowned my sadness in buying OR and started a nuzlocke there. I really like the DexNav and the exp share is a godsend after all the grinding in Johto.

Random aside, do fossil pokemon count as the catch in the area you get the fossil or the town that revives them?

As to the ToTT, definitely Radicate in Red. I wanted nothing more than to get him to the end. And now he gets to chill in Alola
>>
>>32645640
Whatever the "First Met" category says in the Pokemon's Summary Page is what I would go with when dealing with Fossils.

Or any Pokemon to be honest. I leanred that a lot of people don't realize that the Magikarp you can buy for $500 before Mt. Moon is actually considered a Route 4 encounter, since that's what the summary says.
>>
>>32638580
Trained my main 4 up to 30, main two backups to 27, and some others to 25/26. Time to take on Petalburg Gym
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>32645765
And forgot pic
>>
>>32645765
And that was incredibly anticlimactic. The first Slaking kept using Yawn and Encore and forced my to max out on Bulk Up with Cesaro. Proceeded to one shot each of his Pokémon. Time to evolve Magikarp for a Surfer.
>>
Across all the games without mods, who do yall think is the biggest nuzlocke upset trainer to have to face?
>>
File: progress8.png (179KB, 944x473px) Image search: [Google]
progress8.png
179KB, 944x473px
>>32637538
Phew. Rock Tunnel was very difficult and had to use every Super Potion I had just bought.

Larry also passed out to a Graveler's Self-destruct, but I had just found a Revive and healed him.

On a side note, it was very fun to pick Bob the Bulbasaur and then have to go through Vulpix Cave to go back to Route 2 to find the Flash HM.
>>
File: IMG_1459.png (159KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.png
159KB, 476x345px
>>32647297
>found a revive and healed him
>>
>>32647312
I am sorry, but my game, my rules.

I can't buy revives and have to sell every one I find the moment I step in a town/city. However, if I find one and a teammember faints before I arrive at a town/city I can use it.

FOR ME it makes the randomness of the items more exciting (remember I randomize them) and it also gives my story a little more emotion.
>>
>>32647403
Also, only if I find the revive BEFORE the mon faints (if it's fainted and then I find a revive it's too late to save it - think of it as a first aid kit)
>>
File: 1495615252722.png (785KB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1495615252722.png
785KB, 1920x1032px
>Nuzlocking Leaf Green
>using Gameboy SP that's plugged in next to the wall next to my bed
>Beefing up my Kingler before I take on Koga on Cycling road
>Just get done beating a cue ball
>press start to heal Kingler up after his battle
>next thing I know the fucking game boy advanced boot up logo is playing and then the game's intro starts
>3 hours down the toilet and one death

Ironically the pokemon that was "resurrected" was my Pidgeotto "Macklemore".

So my question to you /nuz/... Where do I go from here? Do I just continue the run as if nothing happened? Do I release Macklemore and keep going? Or do I just ditch the run all together? What do you guys thing?
>>
>>32646934
Jupiter and her Skuntank
>>
>>32647778

Why didn't you save for 3 hours? That's your fault. That said, bench Macklemore due to the death and keep going as before - basically as close as possible to the previous run.
>>
>>32645954
Sushi the Magikarp evolved, so I don't have to saddle Rocket with Surf, though my Lileep died in the process. RIP Han, you didn't shoot first.
>>
Made it out of mt. moon, have 1 magikarp in the box, samurai is doing amazing
>>
File: Plat locke 2.png (694KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Plat locke 2.png
694KB, 1552x1015px
Got a bit of grinding to do before challenging the 3rd gym. Also, my Bronzor had a Metal coat, so that's neat.
>>
>>32636400
>McLargHuge
an adventurer is you?
>>
>>32648354
MST3K reference, actually.
>>
>>32648290
Just set up more honey on a new tree, hoping for something decent.

So basically anything except a male combee.
>>
File: HG7.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG7.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32622489
Pre-gym update,
Egbert finally evolved and everyone is at least level 20 so i thought i'd get on with it and fight Whitney
Casper will be my main here with spoons as focus blast backup
>>
File: HG8.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG8.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32648558
Why the fuck can miltank stomp Casper?
fucking hax
nearly lost casper to a crit stomp but spoons managed to save the day
even the Captcha is mocking me: Excellent main
>>
>>32648649
Scrappy. Lets it hit ghosts.
>>
>>32642545
I usually wait for evolve Nidorina/Nidorino after Misty so they don't have that weakness to her water types.
>>
>>32642774
Doduo can't be caught until after you get the Pokeflute to wake up Snorlax.
>>
>>32648916
So Dodou isn't in the grass on Route 16 in FR/LG?
>>
File: HG9.png (1MB, 1381x706px) Image search: [Google]
HG9.png
1MB, 1381x706px
>>32648654
Fuck, guess that's what happens when semi-blind
>>32648649
Fucking soodowoodo with about 1 hp left got of a crit flail on Spice.
Starter down I go to the next route hoping for growlith and what do i get?
The mother fucking pimp-ass deer, I have never used one before, so I have no idea what to expect but I can already tell I'm going to love it
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (394KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
394KB, 1063x751px
>>32645549
Okay I'm at the League.

Tell me honestly anons, am I fucked?

Meowmi Lv. 61, Lonely
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Recover
-Calm Mind

Priscilla Lv. 63, Lax
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Bite
-Superpower

Marengo Lv. 52, Jolly
-Sunny Day
-Flamethrower
-Double Edge
-Solar Beam
>>
>>32647403
>>32647418
>a little more emotion
Bullshit. It would be more emotional to have him killed off. It's not a nuzlocke if you are reviving dead Pokemon anon, regardless of that stupid rule. It doesn't matter if the items are randomized, if you have a revive and you can't sell it, toss it. Your run is now objectively tainted with you still using Larry. You should box him immediately.

That is what makes nuzlockes, nuzlockes. If not then why the fuck are you playing?
>>
>>32649212
Shit Marengo died to Lorelei..
>>
>>32649282
Meowmi destroyed Bruno
>>
>>32649287
Agatha is down
>>
>>32649294
Lance's Gyarados Crit Hyper Beam'd my +3 Calm Mind Meowmi. Rest in peace brother.

Priscilla and I go on to face this fuck Binky
>>
File: Plat Randomizer Nuzlocke.png (408KB, 1020x554px) Image search: [Google]
Plat Randomizer Nuzlocke.png
408KB, 1020x554px
Doing a randomized run of Platinum. I just beat Roark, who had Pachirisu, Marril, and Ninetales. Unsurprisingly, Horizon the Staraptor one-shot everything.

Abilities:
>Krokton: Drizzle
>Sleepy: Truant
>Thicc Fat: Technician
>Friday: Technician
>Horizon: Download
>Disgruntle: Klutz

I'm on my way towards Floaroma Town. Let's see how I fuck this up.
>>
File: Pokemon FRSMS.png (348KB, 1063x751px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon FRSMS.png
348KB, 1063x751px
>>32649314
Well Priscilla tried her best but was defeated by Binky's Blastoise.

It was a fun run, a lot of rookie mistakes, but I grew to love these six bastards. Especially since I've never used any of them in a run before (except Poliwrath).

So close yet so far.
>>
>>32649381
Do they still have their original types/stats?
If so, that team is pretty nice.
>>
>>32649635
Yeah, types and stats are unchanged because I don't hate myself that much. I only randomized Pokemon and their moves.

Though I have to say, walking into the grass at Lake Verity with nothing but Octillery and the Vigoroth I just caught (RIP) and suddenly watching the screen go white while the legendary music started up scared the shit out of me. Thankfully RNGesus came through for me, since Dialga stayed asleep for the entire fight as I chipped it down and caught it in my first ball.
>>
>>32649670
Looks like you have an interesting tam so far
>>
>>32649250
Thanks for the input, but will keep playing since I'm the one supposed to have fun.

I am playing nuzlocke because the games are objectively bad and don't have any reason to keep playing after you've finished.

In my rules, the mon dies if I can't help him in the moment. If I can do something about it, I will.

But I will be sure to reply to you if Larry does die and you may then mock me.
>>
first response chooses gender/name for moon run
second response chooses starter
>>
>>32649818
Male/Sunnybuns

Howlett the Rowlet
>>
>>32649818
Popplio I suck
>>
>>32649897
>>32649848

Going Popplio...not sure about the name yet though. thanks anons
>>
File: Plat Randomizer Nuzlocke.png (396KB, 990x547px) Image search: [Google]
396KB, 990x547px
>>32649381
Alas, poor Krocton bit the bullet when a Galatic Grunt's Marowak surprised me with Counter after I hit it with Hammer Arm. Here's the new team; not much changed. Friday learned how to go fast, and I gave the TM Dragon Dance to Horizon because he wasn't busted enough. Cabinet (caught at Valley Windworks) has the ability Water Absorb.

Time to go face Mars and get revenge for my starter.
>>
File: Plat Randomizer Nuzlocke.png (421KB, 1030x564px) Image search: [Google]
421KB, 1030x564px
>>32650479
Oops, forgot to update the image for levels too.
>>
>>32648422
So of course it was a fucking male combee.
>>
File: flawlessplat23.png (20KB, 498x572px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat23.png
20KB, 498x572px
in 2 hours

the nuzlocke will resume
>>
Thoughts on catching a Remoraid just for evolving Mantyke? Not using it otherwise
>>
Wiped on Cheren in W2 lol. Didn't wanna look up levels, I just hoped it'd be sufficient. Was on Set and wasn't gonna use items.
>>
File: Sun Nuzlocke 1 as of 6117.png (4MB, 1153x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Sun Nuzlocke 1 as of 6117.png
4MB, 1153x1157px
Just did the ghost trial, going into Po Town. Muk and Starmie are really pulling their weight.
>>
>>32651437
That's a bit much in my opinion. Next time, try getting Dream Radar for a W2/B2 run. It can give you a few useful items and potentially a VERY good pokemon. I always just use the first one I catch.
>>
>>32648290
Well, I unfortunately had to let somebody take a hit in the Fantina fight(Since I pretty much needed my Aipom to steal her Mismagius' berry, and when it was fighting it before, kept hitting itself in confusion) so Togepi took a crit Magical leaf. It took the berry eventually, then I switched when I knew she'd heal it. Crobat used bite, it flinched, bite again, then one-shot her Haunter. I'll update my team page soon, since a bit has changed.
>>
You know what's fun? A double battle where your partner doesn't focus on the main threat causing one of your best Pokemon to get killed. Fuck you Steven, Koffing couldn't do shit to either of us, Camerupt was deadly to both. And now Graveler is dead. RIP Elvis, at least you didn't die on a toilet.

And now the stupid ass Latios wants to join me. Fuck that piece of shit.
>two legendaries can't defend themselves from a Koffing and Camerupt
Fuck them, can I give Latios to Team Magma?
>>
Gonna try to make a Poison Monotype "nuzlocke" in Platinum.

Roserade
Crobat
Haunter
Drapion
Toxicroak
Tentacruel

If I over level it'll make it too easy, so I'll release anything that passes a gym leader or Cynthia levels.

Also, if I lose Drapion before the Elite 4 it'll be game over unless I get super lucky with bite flinches from Crobat.

So since I'm limited to these and I don't even get them from the start I want to do the following.

Catch 2 of each and limit myself to using one of them in the team at a time.

Permadeath applies of course.

How dumb is this?

Normal nuzlockes have gotten stale for me.
>>
File: flawlessplat19.png (30KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
flawlessplat19.png
30KB, 700x700px
finally. drifloon. i was nervous about training it in eterna forest because it's full of scyther with pursuit but it's bulked up to the point that that's not too important.
>>
File: nuz2.png (563KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuz2.png
563KB, 1366x768px
Lost poor Jem (Luxio) to a Machop's guts boosted revenge.. The one time I don't want spark to paralyze.

Going to train up Morti then challenge Fantina.
>>
Is it generally looked down upon if I evolve one of my pokemon by trading to a game and then back?
>>
>>32655142
no. most people do that, personally I wait till a part of the game where the pokemon wouldn't be completely overpowered (like evolving alakazam around gym four or five). you'll see a lot of people who use emulators will disable trade evos anyway.
>>
Caught a Magnemite in the entrance of New Maulville, a Manectric on 118, and a Tropius on 119. Also got Wingull and Tentacool on 109 and 105. Catching Magnemite up to the rest of the team before heading to the Weather Institute.
>>
File: 1340146022593.png (213KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1340146022593.png
213KB, 442x341px
Have you ever cheated? Be honest.
>>
File: nuz2.png (682KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuz2.png
682KB, 1366x768px
>>32653588
Defeated Fantina but lost Grace in the process. She would have won if it wasn't for a critical Shadow Ball...

Now I've caught some new friends and hunting Bronzor for Metal Coats. Once Titan and Diana reach level 30 I'll evolve them.
>>
Holy crap, I only had to use Thief on ONE Chansey in Plat to get the Lucky Egg, and it was only the third encounter for the route. This is going to help grinding by a large margin.

That's a %5 Encounter rate on top of %5 chance of having the Egg.
>>
>>32657125
You're lucky you got both of them. My first encounter in an area happened to be a Bronzor that was holding a Metal Coat, I just don't have anything to evolve.
>>
Just lost my strongest(My Crobat) to being burned. The ponyta survived with 1 fucking hp, hit it, and the burn damage killed her. I have a lot of grinding to do, and don't even know what to fill the 2 empty spaces on my team with.
>>
>>32656824
Does abuse of dupes clause count?
>>
>moon wonderlocke
>wela volcano capture
>fletchinder dies to SOS salandit dragon rage bullshit
>almost abandon run thinking lurantis will fuck me
>gyarados destroys it anyway with ice fang
In hindsight I could have given gyara thunder wave to prevent SOS, but it worked out anyway.

This fucking thing saved me in every Akala trial. What a beast. I now regret dupe clausing all those wondertrade magikarp, could have been backups. Especially since I changed my mind about dupes after trading them, and now all their replacements are in the quarantine box.

Bless this fish.
>>
>>32656824
once i gave up and played normally after mega groudon or whatever. I was pissed because even at ten levels higher it still one shot everything in my party
>>
File: 20170603_112243.jpg (595KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_112243.jpg
595KB, 2896x2896px
down 2 Pokemon, missed an encounter by killing it, I'm gonna have to grind before the second gym x_x
>>
Okay guys, I always start nuzlockes and I never finish them but this time I'm gonna do it.

Starting my Platinum Nuzlocke and it WILL be the first one I finish.

Wish me luck, I'll keep you updated.
>>
File: 711xpLDT.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
711xpLDT.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
I hear that tfs cheated on a nuzlocke. What'd they do?
>>
>>32661248
Got wiped on one of the gym leaders, and just didn't post that video and re-did it instead. Personally, if they hadn't essentially revealed it themselves and then gone on with things, I wouldn't have cared, it felt seamless enough for me.
>>
File: 1485624804197.jpg (2MB, 2738x2147px) Image search: [Google]
1485624804197.jpg
2MB, 2738x2147px
I'm sure you get this a lot, but what would you say is the overall best Nuzlocke experience game?
I know I won't do more than one with my schedule
I've finished every Gen except 4
>>
>>32660444
Good luck, I'm on platinum too.
>>
>>32661783
Gen 4 has SS/HG and Plat, which are all fantastic games for Nuzlockes.
>>
File: implying owls are birds.jpg (176KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
implying owls are birds.jpg
176KB, 1552x1015px
bampin
>>
>>32653526
Next run you should switch flawless plat out for BS plat. It's a modification of flawless that adds some changes from Drayano's hacks, fixes some of the stupider type changes (like water /ice empoleon) and makes the elite four harder as the original had retarded movesets like calm mind with specs
>>
File: nuz2.png (654KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuz2.png
654KB, 1366x768px
>>32657125
UPDATE TIME

Story-wise, not much has changed. I've explored as far as Pastoria City and I'm focusing on leveling up everyone to at lest lv. 33 before facing Maylene.

Sadly Titan died to a giga drain during a double battle. My fault as I wasn't paying attention.

Fun fact: All my pokemon have 'lazy' natures. Impish, calm, quiet, relaxed, docile and docile. From left to right.
>>
>>32661492
Which one?
>>
Update
>>
>>32663603
Winona, I believe. Earthquake Altaria fucked them over.
>>
My current team in HG, grinding for Chuck atm. Looking for another pokemon to fill my last spot but deciding between Venonat and Nidorina. Suggestions?
>>
>>32663826
How did they reveal it? Did they talk in the episode after or something?
>>
When the panic begins to set in as a gyarados spams dragon rage.

>>32663847
Veno gets psybeam and confusio.
>>
>>32663855
Sorta, Lani was mentioning how tough the Altaria was when they had no trouble beating him in the previous episode. They released footage of the wipe a few days later on.
>>
>>32663855
They posted a link to the wipe, and kept going with the "Alternate reality" thing.

Their runs are fun enough to watch, so I've kept up with it. I hope they do W2/B2 or Plat next.
>>
>>32663855
They were stupid enough to not restart their game so people noticed EXP and level differences in the video
>>
>>32663865
They also said in the video when Grant blew up their Electrode and beat her what if this was the good timeline.
>>
>>32663869
They could have just said they did a bit of offscreen grinding and been done with it. Or gone from a save/savestate after their previous episode. Then there wouldn't be anything weird about it. Or claim they lost the footage or their win and so they're going back and re-doing it. So many ways of going around it, yet they just boldly say they cheated instead.
>>
File: ms paint for days.png (598KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
ms paint for days.png
598KB, 1552x1015px
>>32663322
update, just got back from doing the totem wishiwashi
>>
Welcome, zap. Misty's gym should be easy now that I've got the upper hand, still need to grind though but now I must sleep
>>
>>32661783

I'd say either Gen 5 or XY. XY is not too difficult but the variety can make it a lot of fun and it's more fun to Nuzlocke than to play casually. Gen 5 just has a lot of Pokemon that don't appear in many other dexes and so you'll definitely end up with some things that don't appear in every game. BW2 does have a really awkward beginning though with few encounters and the pace breaking Pokestar Studios though.
>>
File: nuz2.png (558KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuz2.png
558KB, 1366x768px
IT WAS A BLOODY MASSACRE

It was horrible..
>Gyarados snapped out from confusion twice under two turns each
>Mortimer fell to a critical hit waterfall
>Paul to Brine
>Evelynn to Crunch

Diana fell below 5 HP twice, fighting though confusion and wining the match with a critical slash.
>>
>>32665811
>jolly budew
I hate natures tbqh
I also killed my only chance at the staraptor line which was also my first catch chance
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.