[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen 3 starter is the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5934.png (57KB, 537x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5934.png
57KB, 537x366px
Which gen 3 starter is the best?
>>
Do you like Mudkips?
>>
>>32633513
Yeah, they're alright.
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (35KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
35KB, 600x436px
>>32633513
>>
>>32633500
Blaziken because Speed Boost, combine it with Focus Sash and Protect to have a sweeper that increases its Speed every turns and can't be KOed on one hit.

Mega Swampert comes next because of Swift Swim. With 150 Attack and 70 Speed it becomes a monster under rain (Note: Ice Punch is a must to defeat all Grass-types not called Mega Venusaur, Tangrowth, and Ferrothorn). The boost to its bulk also helps it a lot.

Mega Sceptile, despite being my favorite of Hoenn starters, is the worst of the three. Unlike Blaziken and Swampert, its ability is technically useless because you need to Mega Evolve it for it to get Lightning Rod and your opponent anyways know that he/she don't have to use Electric-type moves until Mega Sceptile is removed.
>>
>>32633537
What makes sceptile you're favourite starter of the three? Does it have anything to do with the design or do you always pick grass starters?
>>
>>32633500
Ralts
>>
File: Trico pet.gif (2MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
Trico pet.gif
2MB, 500x220px
>>32633500
Treecko.
>>
>>32633500
Anchor Arms
>>
>>32633500
Treecko because I want to fuck Sceptile
>>
>>32633592
Perfectly acceptable reason.
>>
>>32633566
Is mainly the design of Treecko and Regular Sceptile.
>>
I want to impregnate Blaziken
>>
Blaziken by far competitive wise, Treecko's personally my favorite due to design and being a cool grass starter which is somewhat rare
>>
Hoenn best starters
>>
>>32633500
mudkip is absolutely the best, BUT gen 3 has so many good water pokemon i think its better to pick torchic or treecko. personally i go with torchic.
>>
>>32633500
Treecko has best designs.

Blaziken is best in-battle.

Swampert's a great combination of both.
>>
>>32633500
Blaziken is objectively the best
>better design than shitile and swampert
>best competitively
>first to get a mega
Meanwhile Swampert is the only starter to not get in Pokken, how embarrassing
>>
Blaziken is the best in-game and in competitive. Sceptile is the best in design. Swampert best type.
>>
>>32633500
All three are perfect. Best starter set there is
>>
>>32635326
>>32635365
>Sceptile
>best in design
kek
>>
File: blaziken.png (7KB, 285x440px) Image search: [Google]
blaziken.png
7KB, 285x440px
>>32635359
>better design than shitile and swampert
>>
>>32633500
Swampert
>>
File: Colosseum.png (174KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum.png
174KB, 250x350px
>>32633500
Espeon
>>
>>32633500
Objectively Mudkip.
>>
>>32633500
i herd u leik Dubkipz
>>
>>32635414
Blaziken is objectively the sexiest of the three. Sceptile is a close second.
>>
>>32635389
>raptor tree lizard
vs
>furbait baggy pants cock
>literally my mom's mudskipper
>>
>>32636474
>implying Sceptile isn't scalebait
>>
>>32636482
It isn't. Even pics with the scalebaits have Blashitken if there's any Hoenn starter
>>
Mudkip.
>>
>>32633500
in-game it's mudkip
competitive it's (mega) blaziken (booted to ubers though)
>>
Swampert>sceptile>blaziken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other starter
>>
File: factsvsvalue.gif (29KB, 1123x535px) Image search: [Google]
factsvsvalue.gif
29KB, 1123x535px
>>32633500
>stats
mudkippa

>design
geico

>usability
torchicken. (there are like no fire types in hone)
>>
File: ajNQsmI[1].png (216KB, 498x364px) Image search: [Google]
ajNQsmI[1].png
216KB, 498x364px
>>32633500
Swampert has the highest base stat total of all starters to this day and the fewest weaknesses. Mudkip has the most physical attack of first form starters. There are no grass gym leaders or elite four members in Hoenn. Lack of recovery isn't a problem in single player because potions. Has good stats all around except for speed, so less likely to get screwed by bad natures. STAB Surf and Earthquake are great for all the double battles. Bodies Roxanne, Wattson, and Flannery single handedly if you're not underleveled, at which point you should have a decent team together. STAB Earthquake, a spread move with 100 BP and no repercussions besides hitting teammate in doubles. Ice Beam/Blizzard coverage and able to use Rock Tomb from first gym for EdgeQuake coverage before Brawly. Rain mega in routes with constant rain. Actually fine with Waterfall+Surf in ORAS, and fine with Strength, reducing need for HM slave. Counter, Mirror Coat, Stealth Rock, Roar, Hammer Arm, Body Slam, Superpower, Earth Power, Scald, Power-Up Punch, Curse, Barrier, Ice Punch, Ice Beam, and Avalanche. Reason to use both normal and mega, as opposed to the original being outclassed. Was good before gen 5 and is the second highest tier-wise(non-Mega Sceptile's NU), while being the best for hoenn as described before. Has variety to its movesets and has been consistently good regardless of which game you're playing. No shilling from GameFreak. The line has the best meme material(you're on 4chan, btw). And Finally, has a more creative real life animal basis in the mudpuppy/axolotl.

Swampert is the best, no question.
>>
>>32633537
You're a smogon fag aren't you. And no it's not the autistic info dump that tipped me off.
>>
>>32633500
Gen 3 easily had the best starters imo

That being said Mudkip wins by a hair simply because I like its cry the most.
>>
>>32638840
regular blaziken is actually better than the mega.
>>
>first of three on getting mega
>first of three on appears on Pokken
Hmm, who would be?
>>
>>32638933
doesn't really make a difference, it's the same mon in the end
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.