[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, where do we go from here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

What do you think is going to happen in Gen 8? Z-Abilities? Fusion Evolutions? Something else? What?
>>
MixiMax
>>
>>32632035
Maybe a new type? Such as gravity.
>>
File: 1489574216313.png (898KB, 1900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1489574216313.png
898KB, 1900x1500px
>>32632035
You can fuck your pokemon

It's the next logical step, and gamefreak hinted at this with the large amount of bara and waifu pokemon this gen.
>>
Synchro Boost

Through max friendship and training, you'll be able to boost any Pokemon's max BST to around 500.
>>
>>32632050
Stupid sexy roaches.
>>
>>32632035
The new mechanic of the Gen 8 Pokémon games will be a marriage system similar to the one in Fire Emblem Awakening. Screencap this.
>>
>>32632035

Do we need a new gimmick each gen?

I'd be happy if we just got a handful of new megas and exclusive z moves.
>>
>>32632506
Because every gen has a new Mechanic that changes the meta (gimmicky or not.
>Gen 2 items and Sp.Def
>Gen 3 abilities and doubles
>Gen 4 Physical/Special Split
>Gen 5 Team Previews and Hidden Abilities
>Gen 6 Megas
>Gen 7 Z-Moves
>>
>>32632519

Idk...we've reached the point where anything else is pushing us into Digimon territory. I'd rather just have the current gimmicks expanded on.

Maybe new types of weather or something.
>>
We have dark type so it would make seen to get a light type in the future
>>
>>32632506
Every gen had a major shake up mechanic addition or change to central mechanics except for Gen V and we know how that went
>>
>>32632899

Gen 5 had hidden abilities
>>
>>32632906
Yeah and every gen has new moves for old Pokemon, your point
>>
>>32632932

I don't think anything in recent history has defined the meta as hard as giving non ubers drought and drizzle, that's my point.

And on that note, if gen 5 can get away without "insert dumbass mechanic that we're basing the entire story around here" then 8 can too.
>>
>>32632939
That isn't an intrinsic aspect of HA's though. Old Pokemon just got new abilities, which already existed mechanically.

>worst selling first entries of the DS and 3DS

It certainly didn't get away with it, regardless of how good the games actually were as a result of not bothering with that shit.
>>
>>32632899
what about gen 4?
>>
>>32632961
Physical/Special move split.
>>
>>32632949

Any more new mechanics on the level of mega stones/z-crystals would be completely asinine and unnecessary. I'm all for more of the same but we don't need more bullshit injected into the games for no reason other than to be plastered in Coro Coro. The new pokemon themselves need to sell the game. Isolated gimmicks like Silvally and Kyurem would be fine.

If gen 5 was the worst selling gen it couldn't have been by that fucking much.
>>
>>32632878
Dark is evil type in Japan. And fighting is the justice/hero type. We've had Dark's counterpart all along.
>>
>>32632035

remake gen 1
>>
>>32632404
I want this.
>>
>>32632035
nothing
gimme just a lot of new megas
and bring back crossevos
>>
>>32632035
Every Pokemon now has a built-in guard move where it takes half damage when hit (except Z-Moves).

Not much but it's just an idea of mine.
>>
>>32632035
Every generation they put something in that's a half baked, beta version of a developing feature.
For instance Rhyhorn/Gogoat and Alolan Poke-rides.

So, what is half-baked in Alola? That's what I expect to see expanded upon in the next game, or sometimes one after that just like Alola expands on a lot of Unovan ideas.
>>
>>32632531
This, 100%. I've gotten used to Megas and Z-Moves, but I hated both at first.
>>
build from hyper training and allow us to alter pokemon's nature next with poke shock therapy
>>
If the next gen ends up on Switch the new mechanic could easily be more related to controls instead of traditional game mechanics.

We got Super Training and then Hyper Training over the last two gens. We have ability capsules and other items that streamline breeding. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting some kind of system that lets us change the natures of pokemon too. With EVs, IVs, abilities (to an extent) and Natures all controllable it would lessen the incentive for people to inject. Personally, I have no issue with injecting if you inject a legit pokemon but it would be nice to lessen the grind of breeding a bit.
>>
>>32632035
Dual type moves
>>
>>32632978
personally i like to think of Light type to be the "heavenly" or "godlike" type, whereas Fairy is the "magic" or "mythic" type
>>
>>32635427
or the ability for each pokemon to fuse their own attacks
>>
>>32635427

That would open up a can of bullshit so huge unless it was locked behind an item like Z-Moves
>>
>>32632978
>And fighting is the justice/hero type
No, it's not. I don't know why people keep saying this. Kakuto literally means fighting in Japanese.
>>
File: tn-wilderness-casepage.jpg (173KB, 1140x550px) Image search: [Google]
tn-wilderness-casepage.jpg
173KB, 1140x550px
I always thought that survival elements in Pokemon might be fun. Something that I think would be fun at least for a spin-off game is where the player isn't aiming to become champion, but rather exploring an unknown landscape. As you build up supplies and create caches, you're able to travel further and further out without returning to civilization.
>>
>>32632531
We reached that point with megas. GF should have given us fusions in gen6
>>
>>32635427
>flying press
>>
>>32636485
All the ideas I have for new types of evolution are things Digimon has done a long time ago.
> Fusion Evolution
> Detachable armor that drastically changes the forms of a select few Pokemon, essentially acting as a toggleable evolution.

One more original idea I had is a minigame where the player maintains a culture of microbes called Pokezoans, which can be processed into powerful items, Pokapsules, that can do all sorts of neat things (like permanently increase a stat by a single point, temporarily change a Pokemon's typing in battle, render them immune to status effects or critical hits for a while, etc.). The player has the option of harvesting a whole bunch of ineffectual Pokezoans, or continuing to cultivate them until they "level up" into more developed forms that can eventually be used to create more effective items.
>>
>>32636548
Fusions wouldn't have been seen as a digimon copy the way megas were. It would've been the natural successor of Kyurem's formes in bw2 and something every genwunner's been asking for since the Venustoise episode.
>>
Just expand upon all the elements already given instead of shoving them under the bus and ignoring them completely.
Or at least if there's a new gimmick, still flesh out older ones while you're at it.
>>
>>32635427
We already have some like Flying Press and, to a lesser extent, Freeze Dry.

I definitely think we will see more like those in the future. Abilities like Steel Worker too.
>>
>>32636612

I mean if the keep it with stuff like Kyurem and make it sparce then that's fine, I like gimmicks like has and Silvally.

But hybrid pokemon all over the place would be dumb as shit, we have enough gimmicks.

More of what we already have imo
>>
>>32632035

I'm betting a 6v6 battle style akin to the system used in old-school MegaTen.
>>
>>32636742
If you wanna implement it, just do so for Pokemon that are already grouped together, like Plusle and Minum, Seviper and Zangoose, Lunatone and Solrock, or the Elemental Monkeys.
>>
>>32636834

I could see lunatone and solrock or plusle and minun but the other is a stretch
>>
johto variations
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.