[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post things that only sperts do in the games to get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: 153837_original.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
153837_original.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
ITT: Post things that only sperts do in the games to get the strategic edge. If you do these things, then you are a spert

>Getting the potion out of your PC in FRLG to get the edge in the first rival battle
>Utilizing the Grass/Fire/Water Pledge tutor in Mauville (ORAS) to get a high BP move early on
>Using the dozen Moomoo Milk as your healing instead of super potions
>>
>>32630413
the fuck is a spert

incidentally i did all of those things
>>
>>32630413
>Getting the potion out of your PC in FRLG to get the edge in the first rival battle
I do this in every game where I can do it

I use lemonades
>>
>>32630524
Short for 'expert'

If you're a spert, you know your shit
>>
>>32630659

So why not just say "expert?"
>>
>>32630413
I have done all of these things.
>>
Defeat the rival at the second battle on Route 2 with only your starter in RGBY to get 5 Poké Balls from Oak.
>>
>>32630693
*Route 22
>>
Every Pokemon game I play I always play on set and I never use items in battle(except hold items)

Am I a spert?
>>
>>32630712
No, sorry.
>>
>>32630712
no you're a faggot
>>
>>32630712
>being a tryhard
>>
File: IMG_1638.jpg (28KB, 242x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1638.jpg
28KB, 242x165px
>>32630762
>>32630777
>Playing a kids game on easy mode
>>
>>32630785
Set and no healing items doesn't make the games any harder, it just makes you grind more.
>>
>>32630659
I thought you mispelled "sperg". My mistake
>>
>>32630681
Sounds cooler
>>
>>32630797
>grinding in Pokemon

Anon...
>>
>>32630413
tfw I get the potion only because I like to collect all item but I never use it (can you lose the first battle??)
tfw I only play good pokemon games so I never played ORAS
the moomoo milk thing is true
>>
>>32630809
I know your type.
>oh no my pokemon fell below certain percentage I better go back to the pokemon center
>oh no I fucked up my experience gains because I turned set on better go kill a few random pidgeys/whatever to offset that
>>
File: 1495289757856-pol.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495289757856-pol.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
There is never a reason to use a potion during a battle, these games aren't nearly hard enough to elicit that. Sperts are clearly a collective of autists with ocd and literal children.
>>
>>32630808
Strongly disagree. Sounds stupid and confuses people.
>>
>>32630797
If it doesn't make the game harder then why do you think it makes you need to grind more?
>>
>>32630830
I just like to add more difficulty because it's more fun for me.
>>
>>32630830
You clearly don't know his type because you're still implying that you need to grind in pokemon of all things. The only time you should be doing that is to evolve your pokemon for the pokedex or when you're making a competitive team.
>>
>>32630826
you can loose some of the first battles. oyu can loose to gary.
But it's literally impossible to loose against the poochyeena in r/s/e and barry in d/p/pt. Barry will just spam stat reducing moves and the poochyena will just flee.
>>
>>32630972

What if you spam your stat reducing move?
>>
>>32630972
Gary? Never fought a Gary
>>
>>32630809
you sound like the type of person who charges through the game with one pokemon
>>
>>32631019
I train 6 pokemon and I've never had to grind
>>
>not getting the potion out of the PC in every game you can do that in then proceeding to never use it
>>
>>32630854
Because you need to overlevel your pokemon. It's different than changing the actual AI.
>>
File: rattata[1].jpg (27KB, 238x210px) Image search: [Google]
rattata[1].jpg
27KB, 238x210px
>using a pokemon that's strong early on to crush the early game and help you get to stuff that's powerful later
Just got to the second gym and most fights boil down to
>rattata used hyper fang!
>enemy x dies!
>>
>>32631121
>2nd gym
>he havent evolved his rat
>think he's an expert
>>
Giving Torracat Fire Pledge for Totem Lurantis. I don't see anyone doing this, yet it makes the battle a complete joke.
>>
>>32630413
>Why wouldn't you take a free potion, and why would you use Super Potions when Moomoo milk is cheaper and better
>>
>>32631142
expert because they know what pokemon are cute and what are ugly and do the right thing :)
>>
RNG manipulate the ID and SID to be the same in Gen IV so Shiny chance becomes 1/5 with Cute Charm
>>
>>32630413
Hey i wasn't gonna stick with Water Gun on my Marshtomp until the 5th gym.
>>
>>32632973
RNG manipulation of random encounters in gen 3 so the shiny chance becomes 1/2 with Synchronize
>>
>picking Bulbasaur so that you can cheese everything with leech seed and sleep power
>Catching an abra so you can beat Koga at a low level and get surf
>getting Arcticuno and Zapdos early
Maximum spert
>>
>>32631121
>Rattata
>strong early on

TopKek
>>
>>32630413
moomoo milk is best healing per yen though, and im sure your pokemon would rather drink milk than gross medicine
>>
>>32635636
Pokemon don't drink potions, it's a spray
>>
>>32635651
>tfw ywn forcibly spray medicine into your pokemon's mouth, gripping its jaw while punching it's nose to open its mouth as it begins to tear up

kill me now god
>>
>>32635672
Why would you spray it in the mouth???
>>
>>32630712
Set usually doesn't make the game harder, it just makes it more annoying to keep your team close in level.
>>
>>32630972
>they added a failsafe against the Poochyena
>Wally can still knock out the Ralts
>>
>>32635690
Do you know how enjoyable it is to not half to click yes/no everytime you faint a trainers Pokemon.

Once you go set you never go back.

Also it isn't hard at all to keep your team the same level with set
>>
I make my teams on showdown all shiny so people assume I'm a noob and underestimate me.
>>
What about losing to Blue in the optional battle in Viridian in Yellow to have his Eevee evolve into Vaporeon? Is that strategic enough?
>>
>>32635724
dont you have to lose the first two fights to get vaporeon? i thought if you won one and lost the other it would become a flareon
>>
>utilizing the Mew Glitch to get a team of level 100 pokemon early
>>
letting a wild growlithe burn your machamp before challenging the elite four so that you can get the attack boost from guts

filling any empty slots in your team with things that have pickup to get more supplies in early-game (works really well in ruby and sapphire, not much use in frlg, good in every other game)

selling all your stuff and battling every trainer to get enough money to buy a really good tm from the game corner early on
>>
>>32635173
Emerald's RNG is broken.
>>
>>32636126
>Guts makes your Attack x2 if you have a status condition
>Burn makes your Attack get halved
>Literally nothing changes except you get Burn damage
Good job, Anon
>>
>>32630808
>removing the "X" makes it cooler
I don't underxtand.
>>
>>32636809
>there are people on this very board right now who believe this is 100% true
smdh tbqh w/ u family
>>
>>32636809
the guts ability ignores the attack reduction from burn and only doubles it
>>
>>32635690
get good
>>
>>32630805

Me too.
>>
>>32630413
>Moomoo milk
>When lemonade exists
Get a load of this scrub
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.