[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I propose a change...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: levitate.png (67KB, 1005x520px) Image search: [Google]
levitate.png
67KB, 1005x520px
How would this change the meta?

>LEFT-HAND SIDE
The following Pokemon float and/or fly through the air but do not have Levitate.

These Pokemon are given Levitate as a hidden secondary ability that works in conjunction with their current 'visible' ability.

>RIGHT-HAND SIDE
The following Pokemon currently have Levitate.

These Pokemon keep Levitate but is hidden just like the Pokemon to the left. They are given new 'visible' abilities.
>>
>>32626029
>Tapus lose their ability to abuse terrains they set because they're not on the ground
I like it
>>
>>32626029
Latias/Latios with Levitate and Speed Boost with old school Soul Dew would be fucking sick.
I like it.
>>
>>32626029
I notice you've labeled Darkrai as a Ghost type.
>>
>>32626242
>implying darkrai isn't ghost type
>>
>>32626029
>Beedrill
Pretty unfair because he has a Mega.
>Venomoth
Ok
>Magnemite line
It's kind of already good enough, doesn't need immunity to Earthquake for no reason. Plus Magnet Rise already exists.
>Porygon
Eh...ok
>Mew
Ok
>Celebi
Ok
>Dustox
Ok
>Shedinja
Eh...ok
>Volbeat & Illumise
Sure
>Castform
Yeah definitely
>Glalie
cud b gud
>Beldum line
No way. It's going to make Metagross even more OP. In fact this nomination makes me think OP is a secret Metagross fag who wants his "bro" at the top of OU.
>Jirachi
Ok
>Probopass
Sure
>Frolass
Cool
>Darkrai
Yeah alright
>Munna line
Ok
>Solosis line
Fine
>Vanillite line
Ok
>Klink line
Ok
>Beeheeyem
Nah
>Litwick line
It could work...yeah it'd probably be alright
>Volcarona
Already OP but for consistency with Dustox & co, yeah ok
>Meloetta
Ok
>Florges line
Ok
>Honedge line
No, literally cannot happen or the metagame would collapse even further into ruin
>Inkay line
Sure
>Carbink
Why
>Pumpkaboo line
They don't even float man
>Diance
Ok I guess
>Hoopa
Fuck this piece of shit
>Ribombee line
Sure
>Comfey
Ok
>Tapus
They need to not Levitate for their Terrain abilities to work. They need a nerf if anything.
>Cosmog & Lunala
Sure whatever
>UBs
Uhh...I don't mind either way. Those two are particularly good though so it's kind of redundant. Pokemon need to have SOME weaknesses Anon.

Everything on the right hand side should be outright stripped of Levitate. I mean they should not have Levitate at all, and it should be replaced by the abilities you've listed, except for Gastly, Koffing, Vibrava, Hydreigon, Vikavolt and the Latis.

Pokemon is a very unbalanced game, Anon.
>>
>>32626029
This mechanic is viable only if you allow some Ground type moves to bypass Levitation.
Earthquake, Magnitude, Bulldoze, Fissure, Earth Power, etc. remain useless against levitating mons, while stuff like Mud Slap, Mud Shot, Bonemerang, High Horsepower and a few others would be able to hit them normally.

I'd say Flying types should keep full ground immunity in any case.
>>
>>32626029
>Shedinja
kek
>>
>>32626659
It'd technically make a difference for if it got hit by Gastro Acid or something similar.
>>
File: 1492957903397.jpg (13KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492957903397.jpg
13KB, 400x240px
>>32626659
>Now immune to spikes and t.spikes
>>
>>32626029
Where is Chandelure? Also, Volbeat and the other don't levitate, they bounce around.
>>
>>32626029
What about triple types? bug types that are not part flying but have wings and can fly become bug/(something)/flying. Being even weaker to rock, ice or the likes doesn't even matter since they're already fragile and wouldn't take a hit of their current weaknesses anyways. On the offensive side, all these mons gain STAB on aerial ace, hurricane, etc.

>Inb4 x6 weak to stealth rock
Make it so that stealth rock's formula ignores third types for its calculations.

As for things that levitate but cannot be flying type, like magnezone or weezing, having levitate as a hidden atribute doesn't seem bad.
>>
>>32626029
This is great. Did the same thing before. I believe your version is better, but I'll add on to it anyway.

Speed Boost should be Latias and Latios's hidden abilities; those two are like the posterchildren for Telepathy.

Sweet Veil would make better thematic sense than Chlorophyll on Carnivine, imo.

Bronzor should get Magic Bounce, which is Magic Mirror in Japanese, because it's based on the myth of a literal magic mirror. Whether you want to give it to Bronzong as well, is your call.

Trapinch has two abilities, and a hidden ability, so its evos would, too. I suggest they all keep Area Trap. Even though that doesn't 100% make sense for creatures that fly, it's just too iconic for that line. Plus Flygon would like something nice.
I don't really care about Vibrava's abilities, but Flygon at least ought to have Sand Stream as its other normal ability, and Tinted Lens as its HA. The Go-Goggles were created to look like Flygon's eyes.

Darkrai has its own ability, so I ASSUME Cresselia would, too. However, if we go along that logic it would probably be "Sweet Dreams" which restores HP of sleeping pokémon, rather than depletes it like Bad Dreams, and combined with Rest that has the potential to be very broken.

Make Dazzling Cryogonal's HA and Ice Body its secondary normal. It's made of ice and designed to be a speedy special tank.
>>
File: X4.png (969B, 28x28px) Image search: [Google]
X4.png
969B, 28x28px
GF, please, remove this shit.

x4 weaknesses/resistances ruin Pokémon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.