[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That's 23 hours of my life I'll never get back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: sunbox.jpg (31KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
sunbox.jpg
31KB, 300x268px
That's 23 hours of my life I'll never get back.
>>
>>32622581
It's not like you have a life anyway.
>>
>>32622581
>not catching a dialga and going back in time

Look at this pleb.
>>
>>32622581
Your mom has lost 13 years with you and she isn't bitching about it
>>
>>32622581
If you post in this board, I doubt that you even do anything meaningful to begin with.
>>
>>32622581
at least you spend them on the best pokemon game
>>
>>32622618
objectively shit opinion
>>
>>32622603
tpbp
>>
I keep seeing extremely mixed opinions regarding this game, some people really love it and consider it the best Pokemon while other really hate it. Major complaints I've seen have been the lack of post game content, difficulty and severe handholding (And from the demo I played the handholding looks like a big problem indeed).

So, what is it in the end? Is this just a matter of personal opinion or is the game actually bad?
>>
>>32622672

Objectively bad.
>>
>>32622672
better than both unova games at least
but not good either
>>
>>32622687
Can you post a little about your impressions? I haven't played a Pokemon since Black and White and wanted to get back with Sun/Moon, welp will just wait for the next one then.
>>
>>32622706
Muh cutscenes
>>
>>32622581
Just 23? What a poser
>>
>>32622672
>Low number of new Pokémon. 10% is legendary material and the rest suffers from the "hide this new mon or give it a convoluted way to catch it" syndrome.
>Game pacing. The first island is the tutorial island. Most of it affects the "replayability" factor.
>>
File: 1492588132569.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492588132569.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>32622603
>trying to copy that comment that got all the (you's)
>>
>>32622672
If you already think the handholding in the demo was a problem you will absolutely hate the games.
>>
>>32622672
The story and characters are objectively better than in previous games. The rest is objectively worse. The linearity and lack of exploration is especially bad.

So people who play the games for the story love it and people who play for the exploration/battles/etc. don't like it.
>>
>>32622714
Part 2
>Exploration issues. You don't really explore the islands most of the time. You are walking trough a very long corridor.
>>
>>32622672
It's really only mixed on 4chan, just about every other site that talks about Pokemon likes it pretty well.
>>
>>32622728
>So people who play the games for the story
Are there people like that in this planet? Holy shit.
>>
>>32622770
It's mixed in Neogaf also. But the game had really good reviews and won GOTY on the Famitsu magazine.
>>
>>32622785
Yeah it mystifies me since Pokemon games have a notoriously shit story, but I guess some people have terrible taste.
>>
File: 1443935401140.gif (329KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1443935401140.gif
329KB, 256x256px
>>32622672
I think the game is kind of weird.
I recognize that the game is flawed as hell, it is also the most fun I've had with pokemon in years.
>>
>>32622858
People who have terrible taste would watch Pirates of Caribbean or play Uncharted.

Playing Pokemon games mainly for the story is just plain retarded, unless your a child.
>>
>>32622874
>Playing Pokemon games mainly for the story is just plain retarded, unless your a child.

Or your a illiterate.
>>
File: 1492780306717.png (88KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492780306717.png
88KB, 565x600px
>>32622687
objectively mediocre
not bad
every games that are not emerald/platinium/bw2 are worse than sm
>>
>>32622905
an illiterate*
>>
>>32622858
no you are just a child

no one cares about the story, we just want the exploration and collect pokemons

but not only we get less and less exploration each iteration, now we cant even collect pokemons anymore as there is no national dex anymore
>>
>>32622770
Serebii forums and Reddit are pretty mixed too.
>>
>>32622672
It really depends on the type of person you are. A friend of mine who got into Pokemon because of GO bought Moon on the first day and bought Sun a few days later. It seems like he enjoyed them, and he was extremely hyped the months before release, but honestly, he's never mentioned them since he told he bought the other version.

I've been playing since Gen I, and I bought Sun on the first day. To this day I haven't beaten it. I just finished the Kahuna battle on the third island and I have no real drive to continue. I have plenty of time to play right now, and I'd rather just shitpost here.

The biggest problems are the handholding and cutscenes. They let you go, you get to explore a small area, and then they immediately grab you for a cutscene. You get to explore another small area again, and then they grab you again. It never builds up speed, so to speak. It feels like there are very few large stretches of area where you just get to explore with nothing giving you the next checkpoint. The best description I've read is that the game treats you like a tourist and it just strings you along all the tourist-approved areas.

Another potential issue is the available Pokemon. If you were hoping to do a run of only Alolan Pokemon, then good luck. It really seems like all the Pokemon from the previous gens are the natives while the Alolan ones are invasive species. It's easier to do run with Pokemon you've never used before instead.
>>
>>32623006
>What is reading comprehension.

To intelligent to fuck off, redditor? Kys.
>>
>>32623094
Very good post, thanks anon.
>>
File: retard.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
72KB, 210x243px
>>32623053
>no one cares about the story
>>
>>32623122
This is just sad, just assume you didn't know how to use a or an correctly.
>>
File: 1470216270437.gif (403KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470216270437.gif
403KB, 320x240px
>>32622672
I never been so let down by a pokemon game until this one. Sure the hand-holding has always been around, but fuck SM has too much. Yeah it's a children's game, but they continue to forget that there's fucking people that been playing this shit for 20 years. I wish they would had an option that just skips the tutorials, and lets you play the game.

Also the early game is extremely bad this time around. Usually I lose interest with a game around half way, take a short break and come back a few weeks later. SM, I got it when it release and I have yet to make it past the western looking town on the first island. The wild pokemon available are pretty shit and while I know there's more as soon as I get past this point I tend to lose interest after 10 mins.

I am seriously considering giving nintendo more money to just transfer pokemon I like to beat the game so I can get over with it.
X/Y were lackluster. ORAS was a letdown as well, left kinda cheap for a remake (nothing on par with HGSS). SM, well, it tried?

Hmm, not sure what GF has to do to get my attention back, but this feels like it's likely to be my last game. Just a little sad to leave it unfinished, but I can't push on anymore. Maybe I thought they were going to learn after ORAS, but hey, they got their sales numbers, surely they doing thing right.
>>
>>32622672
I would say it's good as long as you don't look too much into it or have high expectations about it, the story is enjoyable and so are the main game, though for some players they may look too easy which can be fixed with a patch to add difficulty, about the post game, i would say it still has more than enough to give you at least 50 hours or more.
overall i think it's a pretty good pokemon game but as always in first versions, it needs a LOT of polishing.
also yeah, it's very heavy on the handholding
>>
>>32623657
Last game I bought was HGSS. Played BW and B2W2.

I don't know if I can keep going.
>>
Why did PEGI rate it 7?
>>
File: 1454136843096.jpg (82KB, 805x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454136843096.jpg
82KB, 805x640px
>>32623705
HGSS was at least good. So I enjoyed it from start to end.
ORAS felt lacking somehow. I still played it but once I hit the postgame I pretty much stopped and just focused on filling out a living dex. Kept me busy I guess.

BW/BW2 were okay. I played them and finished them but did no post game.

I gave them some credit with XY because Game Freak tends to flub the first games on a new handheld, aim a bit too high you know. Like RS were good, and Emerald was great. DP were alright, Plat was great. BW meh, BW2, enjoyable. XY were okay, so though a remake would have a good post game and other things to do. ORAS was disappointing, but at least it was playable. This lead me to believe that SM would be a bit better.

Oh boy, imo they fucked it up. For what I though they fucked up before also forgot to mention that they have yet to figure out how to make a pokemon game that doesn't have shitty frame drops as well.

It's sad in various ways that a kid's game gets me down, but it was a big part of my life. 20 years and all the people I got befriend because of it. I guess some of us just grow out of it.

I just wanted to have fun. Hell, I might just wipe my SS and give it clean play.
>>
>>32623053
i hope dppt remakes have national dex/pokeradar again. i will be sad if they don't
>>
This thread went from angry to sad really quick.
>>
God damn honey moon phase hit this game hard. I left this board around the time Sun Moon Released and it was praised to high heavens by this place and now all you guys do is shit on it (lol
>>
File: 1495952571918.png (208KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
1495952571918.png
208KB, 652x624px
>>32623807
>HGSS
>Good
Honestly, I really don't know how you can endure the shit game design of HGSS...it's the worst.

Maybe nostalgia...or ignorance about balance?
>>
>>32623875
This is what happens when something this happens to something you love.
>>
>>32623889
It was a bit of nostalgia and didn't do much when it came to the battles. It was okay in that regard, but I mostly just tried to fill the dex and the minigames.

It definitely wasn't for everyone, but it did bring me more enjoyment than SM. So don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>32622672

It's the best since gen 4 to me. Gen 5 and 6 I just kinda played and didnt go back. I'm actually doing stuff after i finish in gen 7 like I used to in gens 2,3,4
>>
>>32622725
He even assumed OP is 13 like that one anon did.
>>
>>32623889
FRLGE and PtHGSS are easily fun.
>>
>>32623094
>To this day I haven't beaten it.
I've seen a lot of them in the same condition.
I meself bought the game in novemeber but only completed it 2 weeks ago.
Why this game is so underappealing?
I played all pokémon games and enjoyed all of them, but when it comes to this one...
I just couldn't play it for more than a couple of hours a week.
>>
>>32623094
>the game treats you like a tourist and it just strings you along all the tourist-approved areas.
That's honestly the plot of the game considering you just moved in.
>>
>>32624350
But didn't other games have you be the same thing?
>>
>>32622672
The game is story-intensive with a story that's not particularly amazing. It's "good" relative to other Pokemon games but that's not saying much and I personally think the story is inferior to gen 5. There's a lot of cutscenes and a lot of forced stops, even more so than XY. It also suffers from the same issue as XY - namely, a lot of under-utilization of plot-related Pokemon.

As for the actual gameplay? There's performance problems that are really, REALLY noticeable. They get pretty bad at times and were bad enough that Gamefreak had to cut out rotation battles and triple battles. In addition, the level design is fucking terrible. Almost every route is a straight-shot from A to B with little exploration. The most complex areas in the game are the cities and there's very few of them. Many trainers only have one or two Pokemon and some of the Kahunas have busted movesets for their mons which makes it easy to sweep past them. I would also argue that trials are worse than gym puzzles as well and aren't actually difficult at all if you're not a retard.

The postgame is a simple "go here, catch this, done" fetch quest with a reskinned Battle Maison. After that there's nothing else to do beyond catch them all (oh, and the national dex is locked behind a paywall).

The forced stops may not be an issue if you plan to play the game once and drop it but it absolutely murders the replayability.
>>
>>32622581
So? Your parents have 18 years they'll never get back
>>
>>32622581
Boo hoo i played a game i didnt enjoy Oh Momma(you) please wipe me tears theyre burning my pussy skin cheeks
>>
>>32624284
XY are the only Pokemon games I've played once, while SM are the only ones that I've never beaten. I've been meaning to go back to it just to have it done and over with, but I'd rather play the older games.

>>32624350
I'm pretty sure that the player moving into the region happens for Gens II, III, VI, and B2W2. In almost all of those gens, it felt like the game said, "this is your next checkpoint, find out how to get there," and there were plenty of side paths and distractions to make it feel like there was so much more to the world. For Gen VI, I remember that up to the third badge, there was so much to see and do. It was absolutely magical, and I had high hopes for the game.
After that, it was just a blur, as if the game just wanted to end already.

>>32624494
Get it together, m8. That joke was already done in this thread. Step it up, you're better than this.
>>
>>32624494
>>32622603
what this anon said>>32622725
>>
>>32623875
Emptiness and sadness all around.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.