[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did ORAS reuse more assets than previous remakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ORAS.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
I found this on GameFaqs. It is a rant about ORAS:

>The game reuses a lot of assets from X & Y, including many character and environment models, as well as most 2D portraits for generic trainers. While it's true that HGSS re-used a few trainer sprites from DPPt, the majority were new, while (afaik) FRLG didn't reuse any trainer sprites. Other remakes also didn't reuse any overworld sprites, whereas ORAS heavily recycles NPC overworld models from X & Y. The tall grass is also reused from X & Y -- it's not a huge deal and it probably won't bother most people, but HGSS and FRLG added new tall grass sprites, and the fact that ORAS reuses its grass is an pet peeve of mine. Hoenn is halfway across the world from Kalos-- why would the two regions have identical tall grass???

So is this guy exaggerating or is he saying the truth? Because I didn´t think ORAS reused more assets from XY than previous remakes did from their respective generations...
>>
Also, the Battle Maison in ORAS didn´t update the trainer models to be the Hoenn models, so you still fight the Trainer Classes with their Kalos appearances.

But I guess this could be intentional, since the description of the ORAS Maison says "Kalos comes to life in the Hoenn Battle Resort!" as in, maybe you ae supposed to face Kalos trainers on purpose...
>>
>>32620201
Indeed:
- While FR/LG and HG/SS use totally new sprites for the in-game trainers, OR/AS also did this with both sprites and models, but the trainers from both Battle Maison and Battle Institute use the sprites and midels from XY Trainers (for example, in ORAS if you find a Beauty is always the XY Beauty no matter what). At least HG/SS some trainers had their overworld sprites untouched but always used the HG/SS sprites.
- PSS, Amie, and Super Training were untouched except for removing PR Trainer Videos and XY Trainers as Profile (PSS) and adding Cosplay Pikachu and Hoopa Unbound (Amie)
- Battle Maison's and Battle Institute's PC is the same one from XY instead of the one from ORAS
Well, that are the things that I've noticed
>>
>>32620324
But this person claims that ORAS "heavily" reuses overworld models of NPCs form XY,a nd I don´t think that is true: iirc all of them are new models differento to the kalos ones, and only in the Battle Maison they are reused, while outside of it they ar not the Kalos ones at all.

Also, this person claims ORAS reuses the tall grass from XY, but isn´t it just the same tall grass from RSE anyway?
>>
I don´t think ORAS had more reused assets than previous remakes. Only the Battle Maison that reused the NPC trainers from Kalos.

But I think this might be done on purpose.
>>
>>32620416
ORAS Black Belts' and Male Swimmers' models are reused from XY, even their sprites are reused.
>>
FRLG is entirely new overworld sprites, HGSS might use one or two but I'm pretty sure it doesn't, ORAS uses a noticeable amount of XY overworld models but the majority are still new.

My issue is they have brand new menu assets that could be used for everything but some menu elements still reuse XY assets anyways.

>>32620284
It's like that in the HGSS Frontier too, for Battle Video compatibility.
>>
>>32622076
>It's like that in the HGSS Frontier too, for Battle Video compatibility.
I thought HGSS Battle F. also added the new Johto trainer appearences in the facility?

Cause ORAS doesn´t. ORAS only uses the Kalos ones. Which is why I was arguing that for ORAS, they might not have forgotten to update the Maison with the Hoenn versions of the NPCs, but that it may be intentional.
>>
File: 1473213993271.png (2MB, 1304x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1473213993271.png
2MB, 1304x1375px
>>32620201
>>
>>32623303
And your point is?

They all look great desu.
>>
>>32623303
That's a neat compilation.

But what's your opinion? Did ORAS reuse more assets than previous remakes or not?
>>
File: 1493426331924.png (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493426331924.png
143KB, 500x500px
>>32620201
>reused assets from XY
>did the bare minimum of a remake
>if you can't deliver content in time just scrap it and then mention it in game as a callback. Telling the fans you were aware, but you just didn't care.
was ORAS rushed? certainly feels that way could of easily came out in april/may 2015 with more content
>>
>>32623303
I mean, here we can see that HGSS reused Platinum´s trees, while ORAS didn´t reuse Kalos´s trees.

So I´d say ORAS didn´t reuse any more assets than HGSS did desu.
>>
>>32623303
I'm really annoyed the Gen 5 games didn't have camera controls. There are hacks you can load into emulators to render things from different angles and 90% of the game looks great side-on, since it's almost all 3D models rather than sprites.
>>
>>32626605
>reused assets from XY
Like HGSS from Platinum, yet nobody calls HGSS rushed.
>did the bare minimum of a remake
By far the remake that changed the most, and added the most new content (DexNav, BuzzNav, Soaring, Delta Episode, new Megas and Primals, etc)
>if you can't deliver content in time just scrap it and then mention it in game as a callback. Telling the fans you were aware, but you just didn't care.
Well my question is did they not deliver content due to time issues, or because they honestly thought that content was outdated and not suitable for ORAS? I mean things like the Berry Blender minigame, the Safari Zone game, the Game Corner, etc.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.