[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

Whose the best competitively?
>>
Primarina. Is this even question?
>>
>>32619844
Primarina>Decidueye>Incineroar

/thread
>>
>>32619844
Hsve you been living under a rock or what? Primarina.
>>
Female Primarina
>>
>>32619849
hmph... I beleive its decidueye..
>>
Obviously primarina starter wars be damned. Water/Fairy is one of the best type combos offensively and defensively.
>>
>>32619851
>threading your own post

faggot
>>
>>32619844
Primarina overall

Incineroar in doubles

Decidueye in design
>>
>asking a question everyone already knows the answer to just to create more starter wars
This bait is so cheap but it will probably get 100+ replies anyway like the NUcineroar thread
>>
>>32619880
>Decidueye in design
You wish :^)
>>
>>32619867
Im not into the starterwars bs but that's an objective fact.
>>
>>32619844
Primarina

Everyone knew this as soon as their type combos were revealed. The fact that it's type combo is practically the ONLY thing it has going for it should tell you how broken Water/Fairy is.
>>
>>32619899
Luquid voice buff or hyper voice when?
>>
>>32619899
>ONLY thing it has going for it
This statement makes no sense because pokemon can't rely on typing alone to be good, they also need at least decent stats and moves to back them up, which Primarina has. Its 126 sp. atk meshes well with its typing and allows it to function as a wallbreaker.
>>
>>32619898
Doesn't matter what it is threading your own post makes you a faggot.
>>
>>32619899
While Fairy/Water STAB does a ton by itself, you are not entirely correct.
Having such an abusable, wide movepool that let's you hit almost every Pokémon in the game combined with a 126 Special Attack and decent bulk certainly is not "nothing".
Having one of the most powerful moves in the game in Oceanic Operetta (especially when boosted with Torrent), Aqua Jet priority for chip damage and useful support moves such as Perish Song and Encore is not "nothing" and are the things that make it work so well on Battle Spot.
Stats are also min-maxed decently well for a starter.
>>
>>32619899
I was very sceptical at first, but when -ate nerf was revealed I realised Primarina is basically Sylveon with a secondary type that makes it harder to both wall and KO.
Keep in mind Sylveon was the strongest wallbreaker in Gen 6 UU despite having nearly nonexistent coverage (Psychic/Psyshock, Shadow Ball, HP Fire/Ground).
>>
File: Devilman Griffin.png (74KB, 708x1144px)
Devilman Griffin.png
74KB, 708x1144px
>>32619844
Primarina

The part fairy really helps plus slap on choice specs and your good to go.

Decidueye jankass stats(yeh that 100 base special attack should be moved to Sdef) but hey he's a defogger that isn't weak to sneaky stones

Tony tiger is sadly in last place, i'm hoping his HA being released plus move tutor's will bring Garfeif up to RU, UU if lucky.
>>
do you really need to ask?

>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 496-584 (3815.3 - 4492.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 496-584 (3815.3 - 4492.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 2781-3273 (21392.3 - 25176.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega: 993-1169 (8275 - 9741.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 496-584 (3815.3 - 4492.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>0 SpA Decidueye Razor Leaf vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 1987-2338 (15284.6 - 17984.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
On a different subject, what tutors would these 3 greatly benifit from?

Sucker punch and knock off for incineroar is obvious.
>>
>>32619926
Being Water/Fairy automatically gives it Fairy STAB and access to Scald. And it has that high starter BST. That alone makes it good, even if it had Guzzlord tier stats.
>>
>>32619977
Hyper Voice for Primarina
>>
>>32619977
What will these do for Incineroar? That's right, nothing just like Intimidate. Sucker Punch is garbage since the nerf and how is Incineroar supposed to even hit Knock Off with THAT speed? It's absolutely unfixable and pathetic. Accept it for once.
>>
>>32619985
With this gen's powercreep, something like that is still not enough.
It also needed well distributed stats and appropriate moves to function well as a wallbreaker, both of which Primarina has.
>>
>>32619991
Gotta be honest with ya. Without a 20% attack buff I don't see any reason to use it over scald aside from being a surf tha doesn't hurt your partner in doubles...and bypassing subs i guess
>>
>>32620002
Maybe V-Create
>>
>>32619985
You just listed two things other than typing that make Primarina good

>even if it had Guzzlord tier stats
Nah, that would at least bump it down a tier since that would mesh horribly with its movepool(no recovery for that high hp, no boosting moves, offensive stats too mediocre to use as a wallbreaker), leaving literally no reason to use Primarina
>>
>>32620013
Primarina already learns Hyper Voice, I think he meant Boomburst.
Anyway, I'd love for Moonlight to become an option for Primarina, possibly alongside Calm Mind.
>>
>>32619880
Primarina is still the best in doubles.

Singles is Primarina > Decidueye > Incineroar

Doubles is Primarina > Incineroar > Decidueye
>>
>>32620026
That wasnt what smogon said last time i checked. Did anything happen?

Incineroar has also seen some vgc usage
>>
>>32620026
Nah, Incineroar is far better in VGC right now.
Dunno about UU/OU doubles or future VGC formats, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.
Singles: Primarina > Decidueye > Incineroar
Doubles: Incineroar > Primarina >= Decidueye
>>
Decidueye is a solid Ubers while the rest of the bunch are PU trash
go figure
>>
File: 2.png (123KB, 1086x556px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
123KB, 1086x556px
>>32619977
If they don't add any new moves to the list this gen? Incineroar and Decidueye would definitely benefit the most from the wide array of physical moves, and maybe a doubles support move like helping hand for Incineroar.

I could see Primarina getting Heal Bell. I don't see much else that could help it unless if, for SOME reason, gamefreak gives it giga drain/heat wave/earth power. Which I don't find as likely
>>
>>32620070
I agree for Incineroar, but I don't see anything that would change things for Decidueye.
>>
Primarina.

Hey, people were constantly WHINING and BEGGING for part Fairy back when Popplio's final type was still unknown for some reason, which eventually came true. They knew how broken it'd be and how it would have easy access to OP moves from both corners.

Heck, I already knew that, as a sea lion pokemon, it would have huge Sp. Attack up its ass, which only contributes tremendously to the type combination itself.

Shame not even that will make me even remotely enjoy the design, but meh.
>>
>>32620039
>Decidueye used Hidden Power Water!
>Shitcat died!
>>
How many people go on vp again? I always feel like I recognize a few of the same anons, by the way they type and talk. Like this guy >>32620085
>>
>>32620085
>WHINING and BEGGING
That's absolutely incorrect. Everyone simply assumed it was going to be Water/Fairy because Primarina's aestethics make it pretty obvious and convey that really well, as opposed to the other two Alola Starters final evolutions.
>>
>>32619849
>>32619851
>>32619853
>>32619856
>>32619860
>>32619880
>>32619899
>>32619957
Primarina is overrated. Once people finally realize that Primarina is just a shitty Tapu Fini with nothing to it, Decidueye will widely be considered the competitively best of the trio.
>>
>>32620096
Not many. That guy always makes sure he talks down Primarina in every single thread it is mentioned (sometimes even if it's not), but at least it's very easy to recognize him.
>>
>>32620070
Heal bell wont really help prim all that much without recovery to go with it. I could see it getting maybe more use from endeavor or magic coat. Restbell ain't what it used to be.

Incieroar will enjoy the obvious knock off and superpower, maybe thunderpunch as well? Super fang seems like it could be interesting too. Seems like it could get a bunch of nice stuff that will really pad its coverage, not enough to actually make it any good though.

I don't see decidueye getting much. Birds don't tend to get knock off OR superpower, those are about the most relevant it could get short of something truly retarded like SR. Birds do however tend to get heat wave, that could be really good.
>>
>>32620070
God I hope we get some new tutors thrown in. ORAS literally had the same damn tutors as BW2

>>32620105
You are entilted to your opinion. Both serve different purposes.
>>
>>32620102
Don't forget the fact many saw that popplio also learned disarming voice, a move almost completely exclusive to fairies.
>>
File: 1490758897929.jpg (84KB, 900x669px) Image search: [Google]
1490758897929.jpg
84KB, 900x669px
>>32619844
The answer is obvious.
>>
>>32620105
Tapu Fini and Primarina do completely different things despite their typing

Fini is a stall breaker in combination with taunt and her ability while Primarina is a nuke
thats meant to 'torrent' things away with choicespecs/its signature Z-crystal
Its like trying to compare Incineroar and Houndoom or Decidueye to Trevenant/Gourgeist
>>
File: Primagate.png (1MB, 2688x2308px)
Primagate.png
1MB, 2688x2308px
>>32620142
Never forget
>>
>>32620165
God, people on this site are seriously retarded.
>>
surprise surprise the fairy type is the best 'mon

however could have thought that would happen?
>>
>>32620277
Honestly, I remember seeing some videos when stats were leaked where people said Primarina would be the worst of the three because of Liquid Voice and Tapu Fini.
>>
File: IMG_0020.png (1MB, 1218x1062px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.png
1MB, 1218x1062px
>>32620105

Owlcuck delusions never cease to amaze me.
>>
Remember when people said Decidueye was going to be a shitty Dhelmise?
Remember when people said Primarina was going to be a shitty Sylveon?
People keep saying Incineroar will be a worse Arcanine in VGC. Will that be as correct as the other two, or will /vp/ be right for once?
>>
>>32620362
I hope Incineroar turns out better, if only to further prove the fact that vp is shit at competitive.
>>
>>32619844
Speaking from VGC:
Incineroar is good but outclassed by Arcanine other than Fake Out. Intimidate will work wonders for it.
Primarina is good but outclassed by Tapu Fini other than its higher SpA. Perish Song and being able to burn with Scald are handy though.
Desidueye is shit.
>>
>>32620112

Talk down? I'm over that. I dislike the design, but that doesn't mean I'm in complete denial over its prowess competitive wise. It beats the other two, at least. I was witness of many people wanting Popplio become a Fairy type though. Despite that whole, very misleading Fighting type icon leak, if you can even call it that.

I never realized the way I type would be that recognizable. Either people are tracking me down too much or I'm just that predictable.
>>
>>32619991
It already learns it by level up
>>
>>32620105
>slow
>frail
>mixed attacker

Nah. You've got it backwards. There's nothing that Decidueye does well. Too slow to sweep, too fast for trick room, terrible defenses with no way to boost them unlike Incineroar who has great natural bulk, will-o-wisp, bulk up and eventually intimidate. Special movepool is almost nonexistent making its 100 special attack meaningless, and it can't even setup properly due to aforementioned speed.
>>
>>32620539
It gets noticeable if you repeat the same thing enough times, especially on a board as slow as this one.
>>
>>32620595
>And eventually Intimidate

>yfw Intimidate finally accessible but barely helps Incineroar

I feel like people are bloating Intimidate's importance more than they should. I can see it becoming slightly useful, but it not becoming that big of a deal either.

It's all up to Game Freak but I can't really trust them.
>>
>>32620539
>Talk down? I'm over that. I dislike the design, but that doesn't mean I'm in complete denial over its prowess competitive wise.
Not without making sure you let us all know how much you dislike its design for the 100th time, even if we've heard it plenty of times and it has nothing to do with the thread.
>>
>>32620656
Incineroar with Intimidate is basically Scrafty + Swampert.
>>
File: 1494529104699.jpg (33KB, 270x278px)
1494529104699.jpg
33KB, 270x278px
>>32619887
Ya, best grass starter design ever since sceptile.

What are you a barafag.
>>
>>32620744
Sorry to disappoint you but Torterra is way better when it comes to design.
>>
>>32620744
Did you really have to bring starterwars into this?
>>
>>32619844
>Now that the dust has settled
Dude are you stupid, the starterwar dust cloud can be seen from space
>>
>>32620657

I hope there isn't any kind of confusion here and other posts being thought of as mine, but yeah, I do have that nasty tendency of voicing a opinion over and over (which I do need to get rid of). It's just a opinion though and I even hate to... hate certain monster designs. Besides this very particular mon, I don't even have any other to dislike. I'm pretty neutral to many.

Just be glad I'm not that kind of person who outright calls it... Whatever fucked up weird nicknames people like to call it which can pretty much be considered shitposting. I don't approve any of that either.
>>
>>32620744
hi comedy relief anon
>>
>>32620774
Heh, I'm just glad that even if I dislike some of the Alola Starters I don't feel like I have to voice it out in every single thread about them.
But I guess that's too much to ask out of some people.
>>
File: WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD.gif (412KB, 472x332px) Image search: [Google]
WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD.gif
412KB, 472x332px
>>32620818

You're glad you're not me? I wouldn't blame ya. Wouldn't blame anyone. At least you're not making a scandal out of it which I appreciate. Morale of all this? To each, their own and don't be such a nagging puss like I am.
>>
>>32620105
Primarina is a SLOW BULKY special sweeper.
Tapu Fini is a tank.
>>
>>32619844
None, i don't have money.
>>
>>32620362
Arcanine has a better movepool and higher speed
>>
I don't see Decidueye nor Incineroar
>>
primarina

debatable decidueye if sm*gon drops the retarded no baton pass in UU shit

incineroar is just bad
>>
>>32622079
>All those Fairies

And people keep saying Fairy ain't the new Dragon.
>>
File: 21.png (553KB, 866x1923px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
553KB, 866x1923px
>>32622079
To be fair Primarina shouldn't really be there, it's not necessarily 'bad' in VGC but it is mostly outclassed by Fini/Politoed and is in the Top 30 just due to popularity and normies joining to get the Mega Stones.
It's doing exceptionally well in Singles, though, that's for sure, and even appears at #27 in the "all formats" list.
>>
>>32620656
True, but remember that Incineroar doesn't have JUST intimidate, he has will-o-wisp and bulk up too. Not many pokemon have those many tools to work with at the same time. When intimidate gets released I can totally see Incineroar becoming a bulky setup sweeper with leftovers.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.