[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that SM removed running animations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: bewear.png (284KB, 613x711px) Image search: [Google]
bewear.png
284KB, 613x711px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XA0ClmKH4A
>>
>>32617335
Bewear a shit
>>
>>32617335
For what purpose?
>>
>>32617390
3ds a shit
>>
I wanna take my dogs for walkies :(
>>
>>32617390

Gotta remove features to shill rereleases
>>
>>32617335
>SM removed running animations
How can it remove something that wasn't there in the first place?
>>
>>32618293
The correct phrase would be
>SM have unused walking and running animations.
>>
>>32617335

I've never been a huge fan of running pokemon in HGSS but a lot of these are quite good and make the pokemon almost seem like real animals. I want this now
>>
>>32618298
I think it would rather be
>SM didn't removed it if it's still in the game but it's ''unused''
you can still see some of those animations in the pokemon snap minigame and in some scenes in the game
>>
>>32618293
>>32618312
also, why didn't they used it for the normal Z move animation, they're suppose to be running at high speed, yet they though it was better to use a mid attack animation.
>>
File: 1494214581769.png (435KB, 549x588px) Image search: [Google]
1494214581769.png
435KB, 549x588px
Even running, Crabominables is slow as fuck
>>
>>32618322
If I had to describe the polish in S/M, I would say it's like a really glossy and shiny stone that is really fucked up and ragged on one side.
>>
>>32618333
i would describe it as a shiny stone that looks really pretty until you see it through a magnifying glass and realize it has some pretty ugly flaws
>>
>>32618291
3ds is really just not powerful enough for all of that
>>
They didn't remove the animations, most of them just aren't used.

Considering they aren't overworld models, they probably either planned for PokeFinder to be much more fleshed out, or they had to have something to keep those animators who had 720+ Pokemon models to work on back in XY busy to justify their paychecks.
>>
>>32618312
No, they were made for Sun and Moon they weren't in XY/ORAS. So the correct line is still
>"Sun and Moon have unused walking and running animations in their files"
>>
>>32617335
They're not removed, they're just used in Poke Finder
>>
>>32618685
Only a few Pokémon are in the Pokéfinder.
They probably can't do running animations in the overworld due to the 3DS capabilities.

They're likely part of the engine so that they appear in the Switch release for SM/Prism.

That's why the bottom screen does very little and why the battles are laggy despite being visually similar to gen6; they had to make a game for both consoles and it had to look good enough on the Switch.
>>
>>32618293
>removed
how can it remove something that it's still there in the first place
>>
>>32617335
Reminder that those animation were NOT for Pokemon following you shit. That shit is not coming back.
>>
>>32619356
Yep. gamefreak made over 802+ walking animation including alternate forms and for mega/primal/battle bond pokemon just for pokefinder
>>
Why the hell aren't they used for Breakneck Blitz? That would make so much more sense.
>>
>>32619366
Pokefinder, Z-moves, Refresh, other minigames, or something completely new and different, but not Pokemon following you shit.
>>
>>32619372
only a handful in pokefinder. The starters, kukui's pokemon, solgaleo and lunala did use the animations in cutscenes though

You'd have a point if they actually user any of them for z-moves

for what purpose in refresh?

Heck the game constantly mentioned your pokemon in the front of the party for some random reason as if following was implemented at one point.
>>
>>32619395
What are you even trying to prove here? That those animations aren't actually used? Yes, they aren't. Thus "unused".
>>
>>32619408
You can't say they weren't used for following like I can't say they were used for following without any actual proof.
>>
>>32619419
Mega Evolved and other temporary forms are included there. That is proof that they weren't meant to be permanent followers.
>>
>>32617335
I'm guessing it's so the frame rate wouldn't dip to 2 and a half
>>
>>32619426
Anyone who knows anything about coding knows that you have to put in stuff like Mega's or else the game will crash when if you hack a mega Pokemon in. That's why in some randomizes you can incounter mega Pokemon.
>>
>Wimpod constantly screaming while it runs

CUTE
CUTE
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.