[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

May International Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Are ya winning, son?
>>
Meh. Doing worse than the last competition.
18 battles, 6 or 7 losses, can't remember exactly. with one of the losses being my fault because of me being rushed and doing a dumb misplay, which cost me the match. A lot of my wins have been against noobs, with 2 people forfeiting right away (they just wanted the stones), which makes me feel even worse.
Admitedly, I knew the team I'm using was more gimmicky cause I decided to go with something a bit different and play against the metagame trend: Tapu Bulu.
Guess what? It sucks. While I have to recognize the EV spread is not the best for this format, Bulu is weak to a bunch of stuff, it's slow, can't take hits that well and Wood Hammer makes it kill itself.
On the other hand, A-Muk and Kartana are awesome.
Tomorrow, I'll probably do a few more battles but I'm disappointed overall.
>>
How is this different than playing showdown?
>>
>>32616453
You don't get Mega Stones by playing in Showdown. To be fair though, you can just wait a few months until they give the universal code for them.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>32615621
WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T WE GOTTEN THE HOENN STARTER MEGA STONES YET
>>
>>32616453
No Mega Evolutions and the amount of Pokemon is restricted to Alola natives.

Also I lost 6 times in a row and then won 3 times in a row, so eh. Mostly I've ended up getting outsped somehow, or them being slower and getting favorable weather on me, or being Trick Room'd. Considering swapping out my A-Ninetales for another weather setter or Toxapex.
>>
>>32616453
You get mega stone when you participate. But you can just inject them anyway.
Also you get Championship Points depending on your ranking. But it's not much compared on what you can get at local events and way harder since you have to do more battle.
So the only reason to participate is just for fun or if you want to test your skill in the VGC format.

>>32616423
Yeah Bulu is not that great. Being the only Tapu with a x4 weakness is suffering. It's also slow but not bulky unlike Fini. And to avoid the recoil of Wood Hammer you can use a Z-move for it, or not use it and only have Horn Leech but it's weaker. Except if you really need grassy terrain for your team, Kartana is a superior grass pokemon to have.

I myself did 23 battles yet with 17W-6L with one loss being a disconnect, one because thunderbolt paralized me and one because sleep only lasted 1 turn. Overral I'm happy with my result as I'm doing better than the last IC I entered in February. I also prefer the team I'm using now.
My team consist of A-Ninetales, Tapu Lele, Pheromosa, Snorlax, Slowbro and Parasect.
>>
>>32616526
This, sceptilite is literally the only unreleased stone I wanted and it's taking forever. Gimme my dang Christmas gecko.
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (77KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
77KB, 765x1024px
>>32615621
>rewards are megastones
>can't use megastones
>>
File: 1457315825769.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1457315825769.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>tfw banned
>>
>>32616629
A lot of VGC players actually consider International Challenges to be a better source of CP than Premier Challenges, actually.
Not only are they free, but also because it relies on a large number of games, and most VGC Players consider themselves to be highly skilled and only ever lose to luck, so they're more likely to be haxed out of CP in a smaller tournament.

The CP prizes are relatively low, but so are Premier Challenge's this year. This season is ridiculously heavily weighted towards International Championships
>>
The first day I just did 4 battles, won 2 and lost 2.
I notice I'm lacking on pokemon to use on those competitions. That's because I don't want to train, for example, another Salamence when I trained two of them back in ORAS. But I think I'm gonna have to do after all.
Anyway, asides Tapus and UBs, what other pokemon are the most used?
I need some suggestions.
>>
>>32619017
http://trainertower.com/usage-stats/

Arcanine, Garchomp, Porygon2, Snorlax and weather setters are the other big things you'll see practically every game.
>>
>>32619017
That's why you've just gotta suck it up and hack your competitive mons, you will enjoy battling more and you can just keep them separate from your legit collection
>>
>>32619025
Thanks, senpai.
That page gives me more info than the PGL stats.
Again, thanks.
>>
>>32619055
It's taken directly from the PGL website, but there's seemingly a lot of stats behind the scenes that isn't usually displayed on the website.
There was a thread on Nugget Bridge a few years ago which showed some more stats it gathered but aren't displayed on the website. I can't remember much of it, but I remember that the Pokémon that was most likely to get at least one KO oer game wasn't something like Kangaskhan or Landorus which everybody expects, it was actually Blastoise. It had a lower average KO count though, because it rarely got more than one KO.
>>
>>32616822
that's just a fucking epic lol, sir
>>
>>32616822
What did you have?

There's very, very little that the initial hack-check when you sign up doesn't pick up, but which you can be banned for later.

You can use PokeGen to modify your locked battle box, and I think you can be banned for disconnecting too many times, but there's no reporting system and matches aren't monitored, so you can't be DQ'd for things the hack check doesn't pick up, like illegal shinies or balls like you would in an actual tournament.
>>
>>32619249
I'm sure he's talking about the recent console bans
>>
>>32615621
Did my 3 (actually 4) battles and called it a day. Wasn't in a mood for battling even though I had a team ready.
>>
>>32616453
It's slow as fuck and you cannot change your team at any moment but kiddies will pretend it's better because muh animations
>>
8 matches, 8 wins. Playing mostly for the MStones, I miss other competition formats
>>
>>32616423
Update: 28 battles, 19 wins, 9 losses
The last 2 wins felt particularly good as I was able to predict correctly the opponent's moves for most of the match.
But goddamn, I didn't miss a single Stone Edge (used it like 4 or 5 times) but I missed 3 Bonemerang, 2 of those in crucial moments which probably cost me the matches. What are the fucking odds of that?
Noticed I was very weak to Trick Room teams, even though I had 2 slow mons. I think I lost to every Trick Room team I faced. Opposing weather teams were tough too. If A-Ninetales can't set up Aurora Veil, it becomes pretty much a sitting duck. On the other hand, Lele was easier to handle this time.
Alolan Muk was the MVP this time. Not just because of Lele, that boy won me games, sometimes just by itself, being alive for the entire match.
There was also this funny moment were someone was using Pheromosa with Oranguru and went for High Jump Kick + Instruct on my A-Ninetales when I Protect'ed, killing itself in the process.
>>
>>32619352
I also did 3, this is such a drag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.