[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 88ujcjbpo3nx.jpg (4MB, 2769x3411px) Image search: [Google]
88ujcjbpo3nx.jpg
4MB, 2769x3411px
>>
>>
>>32613959
Sevii, unironically.
>>
>>32613959
What would being the best region mean? Lots of optional content, good diversity, lots of different environments? Do we take into account post-game stuff and level curves?
>>
Unova 2bh

>>32614062
Just described Unova, arguably bar the level curves.
>>
>>32613959
anything except sinnoh
>>
hoenn obviously
>>
>>32614079
>>32614084
these
>>
Alola
>>
>>32614079
Sinnoh has pretty good stuff floating around. The only thing that really kills the region is the system it runs on.
>>
Sinnoh, closely followed by Johto
>>
Sinnoh is best except for the shitty engine it runs on.
Unova is best otherwise.
Orre is a close runnerup.
>>
>>32613959
Hoenn > Sinnoh > Johto > Sevii > Kalos > Alola > Kanto > Unova

I'm playing through White 2 right now and Unova drags the game right down. It's like exploring a Monopoly board.
>>
>>32613959
Sinnoh
>>
>>32614259
>implying Hoenn isn't just as linear, using lots of backtracking to make it seem less linear
>>
>>32614290
Actually, Hoenn is a bit less linear because you can bypass Brawly if you git gud and not come back for a while. But it's linear after that.

The only games that aren't strictly linear are Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn (somewhat).
>>
>>32614290
It's more than just linearity, it's the actual environment design. Roadblocks in Hoenn felt natural and actually made you excited to work out how to get past it (see Rusturf Tunnel) and the towns felt lively. In Unova towns are just checkpoints that you have no desire to revisit ever again, it feels unnatural.
>>
Johto, Hoenn and finally Sinnoh
>>
>>32613959
My opinion (doesn't include level scaling):

Johto > Unova > Hoenn > Kalos > Sinnoh > Sevii > Kanto >>>> shit >>>>>>>> more shit >>>> Alola
>>
alola
>>
File: 1481769788034.png (340KB, 982x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1481769788034.png
340KB, 982x1014px
>>32613959
someone saved my image so I may as well post my other image to set the record straight
>>
>>32613959
Sinnoh > Unova > Johto > Kalos > Kanto > Alola > Hoenn
>>
>>32613959
Unova > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kalos > Johto > Kanto > Powergap > Alola
>>
>>32613959
Hoen
>>
Johto or Hoenn
>>
Johto is hot garbage. They only reason most give it a pass is because it always comes with Kanto attached, and you can't count that in this.

Unova is probably the best, though, even if I liked Kalos more.
>>
>>32613959
Alola is the comfiest, but I wish the exploration wasn't so limited. I remember being perplexed when I went through the cave at Wela Volcano only to be teleported to the other side of the mountain.
>>
>>32614290
>implying backtracking isn't a good thing when done right
>>
>>32613959
Unova and Kalos are the worst, both geographically, and the way you explore. They are literally the most unnatural and oddly designed regions, with different nature biomes pasted throughout the region to make it seem like it was diverse. You can't even tell what type of region they are trying to be. Tropical? Rural? Urban? Who knows? It's like GameFreak went off a list of different environments features and checked off each one they needed to include to once again, make the region look "diverse.

I still will never understand why GameFreak had some fixation on putting deserts right outside of extremely populated and advanced cities.

Don't even get me started on Opelucid City, White Forest, and Black City
>>
Sinnoh
>>
>>32613959
Unova
>>
>>32615336
Except no, most people in the tread rate Johto much higher than Kanto, including me. Johto is one of the best regions and still would be if Kanto didnt exist

>>32615452
What's unnatural about Unova's biomes besides the oddly placed desert?
>>
>>32615336
Johto has a decent amount of caves to explore, at least.
>>
>>32613959
Sinnoh and Unova.
>>
>>32615019
What kind of defect makes people put Unova at the top? Hoenn second worst? Johto worst?
>>
>>32615757
>Best art style easily.
>Closest to the feeling of playing a totally new game.
>First region outside of Japan.
>Had very nice locations even though it had a stupid looking overall map.
>Comfiest and most interesting towns.
>Even though overall map is stupid looking it's very cozy and sheltered
>Being able to go to a far away town makes you feel like you're only at the tip of the iceberg.
>Nice bridges.
>Okay level design.

Combined with being on the generally agreed upon best generation.
>>
Sinnoh > Johto > Hoenn > Kalos > Unova > Kanto > Alola
>>
>>32614259
>This
Couldn't agree more
>>
>>32615757
>Johto worst
look at the picture again
>Hoenn second worst
Hoenn is half a region, and the half on land is only half great.
>Unova the best
what's wrong with that?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.