[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At least 100 new Pokemon for new gen. This is a must. How can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: Gen8Atleast100NewMon.png (11KB, 731x417px) Image search: [Google]
Gen8Atleast100NewMon.png
11KB, 731x417px
At least 100 new Pokemon for new gen.

This is a must. How can we make Gamefreak realiza that less new mon is less excite?
>>
I honestly don't about the size of new Pokemon. Ffs there is 802 Pokemon. Already so much to choose from

A good post game is much more appealing to me
>>
>>32612446
>realize
>>
Holy shit that's one retarded thread
>>
>>32612446
I am the only don;t want new Pokemon?
I do want full gen of new forms. That would be really interesting
>>
>>32612446
They are terrified at hitting 1000 pokés, so expect gen 10 to end at number 999
>>
A generation of just 60 Pokemon that all have great care invested in their design, stats and movepools would be better.
>>
>>32612493

Is Gamefreak care for number that much?
>>
>>32612512
Clearly they do. That's also why they took out the National Dex.

Game Freak is afraid of the normies realizing they are getting into a franchise with +1000 monsters and feel intimidated by that.
>>
All I want is no route one rodent mon now that HM's are redundant and only 6 legendaries
>>
>>32612520
I hate they took it out, but it is getting to the point where suggesting that the average player is going to catch them all is ridiculous.
There's got to be a better solution though.
>>
>>32612446
As long as the game doesn't add 20 new shitmons I am happy
>>
>>32612446
I thought this in Gen 6 and the in Gen 7. I am not getting disappointed again
>>
>>32612544
Living Dex
>>
>>32612602
Anon... If you are starting a living dex in the generation that reaches 1000 Pokémon the problem is the same.
>>
>>32612612
I'm sure GF would just make the two charms obtainable by simply completing the regional dex as opposed to the national dex. Like we saw this generation.

The only ones who want a living dex are completionists.
>>
>>32612695
Are you saying you DON'T want to catch them all?
>>
>>32612512
Gamefreak won't even exceed 999.9kg in the Pokedex's weight system. There's minor numerical relics like that all throughout the game.
But I'm of the opinion they'll hit 1001 as their milestone, with #1001 potentially being pushed for popularity to rival Mew/Mewtwo
>>
I remember reading somewhere that the reason GF stopped introducing so much new Pokemon for these past two Gens now, is much simpler than we think: Less time to work on the games essentially meant less Pokemon they could make.
>>
>>32612509
Sure, just make sure they don't have shitty distribution throughout a region cluttered with Gen 1 Pokemon
>>
>>32612446
The people gf wants to sell the games to, despite being defined by not buying the games want there to be 151 or 251 mons. Less new mons means the number is closer to those two numbers.
>>
I'm sort of happy with the "quality over quantity" approach. A lot of the new pokemon are unique and play differently, as opposed to older gens which had dozens of generic fillermons no different than some other pokemon. Like stantler, the elemental monkeys, etc.

I think having too many pokemon may become an issue in the future and gamefreak is starting to address that
>>
>>32612962
>>32612509
>"quality over quantity"

This is a meme. So many gen 7 Pokemon are fucking trash.
>>
I've never agreed with the "quality over quantity" when it comes to Pokemon, and someone made a good point about it while back: Pokémon designs are just too subjective to determine whether less or more is better. The only consequence with less Pokemon is the chance of leaving someone still less satisfied, because if they don't like the dex anyways then they're options are very limited. The only thing more new Pokemon brings to the table is the increased chance of having more new favorites. There's still a chance of not liking most of the dex, but I don't think that has to do with simple numbers.
>>
>>32612983

A pokemon doesn't have to be OU to be unique. There's only a few mons I'd say are just generic filler, like lurantis. Otherwise look at all the boring shitters in gen 5 that no one will ever use, like sawk/throh/monkeys/heatmor/maractus/ and more

So many generic pokemon because they wanted a 150 quota
>>
>>32613002

When I say quantity over quality, I'm talking from a gameplay standpoint. If you care that much about design then the lack of pokemon is probably a disappointment
>>
>>32612454
post game is such a retarded concept

It's not post game, it happens during the game, it's part of the game.

That being said, I agree with you, we don't need a lot of pokemon. I kinda hope we go back to the old formula of minimal story and tons of exploring like in gen 1/2
>>
>>32613032
>It's not post game, it happens during the game, it's part of the game.

Obviously people mean post campaign retard, it just sounds stupid to call the main storyline of a pokemon game a campaign. or even a storyline
>>
>>32613032
Post game is a term used in all of video games to describe the part of the game you can still play after the main game.

>I think it sounds dumb so it's wrong

No its an actual term and anon used it correctly.
>>
>>32613039
>>32613041
but it's part of the main game retards
>>
>>32613051
It's just a fucking term like autistic now stop being such perfect example.
>>
>>32612458
Gf pls

>>32612544
>I hate they took it out, but it is getting to the point where suggesting that the average player is going to catch them all is ridiculous.
The best pokemon experience i've had is being able to play gen 5 in actual cartridge and catching up everithing till then. Gen 6 and 7 felt lackluster because you can get everything new in no time.
The only issue are events. Dropping the national dex alienates old players AND new players.
>>
>>32613031
Thing is though, I've never really hated a majority of Pokemon designs. The lack of new Pokemon is dissapointing to me is because I want more, as someone who has yet to hate the majority of Gens' dex.
>>
The only times Gamefreak actually did that was:

>Gen 3 when everybody left the series and called it the black sheep

>Gen 5 when everybody shitposted it to death for only having new Pokémon and people nitpicking

Gee I wonder why
>>
>>32613028
I like all the "boring shitters in gen 5 that no one will use" that you listed... In fact I've used all except for Heatmor.

I wish they did another gen V. There's no reason to limit how many mons they introduce; they might cut someone's new favorite just because they don't like big numbers all of a sudden.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.