[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>skipped Gen VII Why was it so boring bros? It was the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 1493870063618.gif (465KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493870063618.gif
465KB, 480x480px
>skipped Gen VII
Why was it so boring bros? It was the first and only generation I've ever skipped. I got SM and got like 6 hours in or so and just couldn't keep going.
>>
>>32611465
They went overboard with the "cutscenes" and didn't really add much in terms of quality of life changes. Previous titles bonuses/features were removed from this one but that is generally what happens every gen.
>>
>>32611472
I wish they'd go back to making games. SM was just like an episode of the anime but instead of only being 20 minutes, it takes 20 hours.
>>
>>32611472
This. Come on, I want to explore a large region and catch Pokemon, not go on Lillie's boring rollercoaster.
>>
>>32611465
It mostly just continued on the bad trends that XY established.
It's a shame, but unlike XY I think SM had some really weak newmons overall in terms of design, so I'm not too hung up over it. First time since Gen III where I really can't bring myself to care about any of the new starters.
>>
>>32611610
This.

Defenders of SM btfo. You are retards who liked a bad game.
>>
>>32611627
I actually really liked each first form SM starter, then the evolutions unfortunately turned out to be real.
>>
File: 1477146872257.jpg (112KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1477146872257.jpg
112KB, 625x626px
>>32611630
>The Linear story sections with Lillie automatically make SM horrible games.

I can see those sections being a bit annoying, but you got a stick up your ass anon
>>
>>32611465
This is the first gen in a while I actually enjoyed. Probably since Emerald.
>>
>>32611670
Enjoyed what?

>>32611659
see: >>32611496
>>
>>32611688
Playing Moon was very enjoyable to me. The fact that it actually dared to deviate from the 8 gyms, elite four formula made it a lot more fun for me. I also liked most of the characters in the story and was even a bit sad when the story ended.
>>
>>32611696
see: >>32611630
>>
>>32611699
>one person likes the story
>no it's a bad story
That's not a compelling argument.
>>
File: 1483316781151.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1483316781151.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>32611610
Alola wasn't any smaller or more linear than other regions.
>>
>>32611472
>>32611610
>>32611496
I dropped the game after Mallow's Trial. I didn't mind the cutscenes at all, in fact, that was the only thing that kept me going.

The thing that got me was dialouge interuptions. Not cutscenes, but forced NPC interaction. The game used wayyyyy too much of this. I found myself smashing the A button everytime I was forced to talk to anybody by the time I ended up quitting. But cutscenes were fine, because they were somewhat interesting to watch.

Mallow's Trial killed me. The cute bitch kept fucking talking and DIDN'T help that Lana and Kiawe were there talking too. Like FUCK Brock only had like 4 lines of dialouge the entire game.

And I get it that they were probably wanting to develop characters. But if the characters aren't plot-relevant, then what is the fucking point? I just want to catch animals and fight animals. I don't care the inter-relationship shenanigans going on admist Alolan islanders.

That said, I did like Lillie. Kinda liked Hau. I may pick the game up in the future whenI buy a 3DS.
>>
>>32611688
What was the last pokemon "game", HGSS?
>>
>>32611733
HGSS was good I guess but I still prefer GSC. HGSS didn't fix much and that gen IV engine is a real pain to play through.

BW1 & 2 were good.
>>
>>32611696
>He fell for the SM isn't the standard formula meme
>>
File: AAAAAAAA.gif (319KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAA.gif
319KB, 250x250px
I guess it felt like an anime because the lack of freedom? I could understand that. I din't quite feel that way because I took my time exploring the routes/places I had access too.

But there's that ONE fucker. Not Lillie, but some dumb asshipe that on his Stoutland searching for items blocking the entire path for his dumb greedy self like the fucker owns the place. That faggot said he'd only take a day, but it took me 3 or however many fucking more days to get them to fuck off.
>>
The series has been suffering from friendship creep since at least Gen 3. They need to pull back and give the player some room to breathe.
>>
>>32611780
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This is why I will always prefer Gens 1, 2, and to an extent, 4. They didn't treat you like a 5 year old.
>>
>>32611780
This. I hate being constantly interrupted when playing a game, but what I really despise is being constantly interrupted by uninteresting NPCs who want to be your friend. If I wanted friends I wouldn't be fucking playing Pokemon, where are the monsters to breed and fight? How do I unsubscribe from these walls of text?
>>
>>32611772
Fuck typos
>>
BW1 > Emerald > Yellow > FRLG > BW2 > Crystal > dogshit > the rest
>>
>>32611465
>It was the first and only generation I've ever skipped.
I'm sorry you didn't skip one of the bad ones, like 2 or 4.
>>
>>32611818
2 had Stadium, so I don't know what the fuck you're on.
>>
>>32611838
2 only had Stadium 2, and Stadium 1's minigames were better anyway.
>>
>>32611772
>they reuse the same roadblock twice on the same road
>>
SM are honestly the worst games to replay, just because the first island feels so slow.
>>
>>32611465
I could understand not wanting to replay the game, but why quit during the first playthrough. I thought the game was fun and didn't mind the cutscenes at all. Maybe your standards are just too high. You can't enjoy life with too many expectations
>>
>>32611979
Not that guy, but the forced NPC interaction honestly gets a little grating at times. On the first runthrough it's not that noticeable, but replays make you want to kill yourself because you finally realize just how much these people talk.
>>
>>32611979
I would have enjoyed the game probably if all cutscenes, walls of text, and roadblocks were removed. Then this would be a great game.
>>
>>32611970
The second island is also filled to the brim with cut/unfinished content and roadblocks
>>
>>32611994
>ree pokemon games don't have story!
>ree this pokemon game has story!
>>
File: 1481947845007.png (69KB, 590x652px) Image search: [Google]
1481947845007.png
69KB, 590x652px
>>32612064
>ree pokemon games don't have story
Said no one ever.
>this pokemon game has a story
does it
>>
File: vp autistic screeching.png (245KB, 748x568px) Image search: [Google]
vp autistic screeching.png
245KB, 748x568px
>>
>>32611635

Get over it already.
>>
>>32611716
Alola has the fewest routes, residential areas and generic NPC houses of any region, while SM has the fewest populants of any post-Gen I game and the lowest available ingame percentage of its generation's National Dex of any game, numbers unseen since Gen III.
>>
File: 1409800553493.jpg (30KB, 393x288px) Image search: [Google]
1409800553493.jpg
30KB, 393x288px
>>32611465
Cutscenes and railroading.
The graphics were good, the music was good, the difficulty curve was improved from Gen 6, the new Pokémon designs were good (though the distribution was terrible and so were most of their stats, but if you only use new 'mons that at least improves the difficulty curve even more), and if you remove events and NPCs from the routes and just look at the maps themselves they're pretty nicely designed sometimes.
But the cutscenes and railroading kill the entire game.

The good maps the game does have can't be explored at all until you clear the right event flags to remove the ten thousand roadblocks around you by triggering all the cutscenes (whether actual cutscenes or long dialogue sequences that you have to button mash through), and sometimes you'll enter a new town but you literally can't go past the first street because of all the roadblocks, like in the case with the Stoutland NPC. They even gutted the functionality of the touch screen so they could dedicate it to what is basically a map combined with an NPC that always tells you exactly where to go at all times. Deviating from Rotom's path is not an option because the game will stop you immediately. It never gets any better, though sometimes it seemed like it was about to they'd always throw something in your face.
And it didn't help that Lillie is completely useless as a character and cannot fend for herself until the last five seconds in the game when she almost kills her mom. Because she's constantly with you, she's constantly getting herself into trouble and going "uguu~ I just can't do this I need my mom she does everything for me" while you act as her bodyguard. The only thing that's supposed to make her "endearing" is the fact that she's a moe anime girl, and I guess that's enough for some people, but it was just grating to me and I wanted to be away from her every time she showed up.
>>
File: 1494133806904.png (318KB, 773x461px) Image search: [Google]
1494133806904.png
318KB, 773x461px
>>32611465
>>32614511
There are other problems with SM too—seemingly unfinished maps, Festival Plaza being a poor man's Join Avenue, Pokéride being implemented poorly and most rides not allowing you to cross areas that were previously blocked off instead of expanding the map like good HM implementation should do—but the biggest problem by far is the abundance of cutscenes and railroading. Playing through SM the first time got stale fast and I don't think I'm ever going to replay it unless Gen 7 hacking somehow explodes and someone makes a "low cutscenes" hack that cuts down on the bullshit.
Even though SM is a better game than XY and even though it pisses me off less than the butchering of Hoenn that was ORAS, its biggest flaw just ruins the game for me.
>>
>>32611465
>cutscening us to into submission
>laggy double battles
>Lillie's cancerous presence
>Battle Tree is the incarnation of missed potential
>Genwunner pandering

I dunno OP you tell me.
>>
>>32614623
>>laggy double battles
And no triple or rotation battles at all
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.