[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He thinks R&S is better than ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

File: 379827234.jpg (52KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
379827234.jpg
52KB, 583x414px
>He thinks R&S is better than ORAS
>>
>>32608375
>she thinks oras is better than rs
>>
>>32608375

This.

ORAS = Emerald >>>>> RS.
>>
>>32608375
Because its true. Even though you would choose Emerald for the best Hoenn experience, RS is still better than fucking ORAS. Battle Frontier or GTFO.
>>
No, but Emerald is
>>
This is literally a genwar. Stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 322x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 322x356px
ORAS is fucking babby mode compared to RS, every game after BW2 just holds your fucking hand through the whole game. Call me a cynical prick but in my honest opinion they make the pokemon games easier and easier every time, a literal 5 year old can just press buttons and beat ORAS, where as in RS if your team is not built with much sense some trainers and double battles will rape you. I know RS isn't particularly """hard""" if you're not mentally handicapped, but it makes ORAS look like pre-school.

Also:

>that god fucking awful ORAS post-game story
>" hehe im le dragun GURL XD U STUPID GUYS JUST DONT GET IT UGGHHH"

10/10 totally didn't waste my time.
>>
>>32608505
Here's a thought:
Pokemon is a game franchise that is aimed at children and does not age the way we humans do.
As time passes and more gens come out, you get older and presumably smarter/more practiced with Pokemon games, while Pokemon remains the same.
Therefore, the games seem easier and easier to you the more they come out, since you are no longer a fucking child and instead are now a fucking adult humblebragging about defeating a children's game.
>>
>>32608375
They each have something to offer the other doesn't.

RS
>Runs better
>More balanced difficulty curve

ORAS
>Better QoL features
>better characterizations

That said, Emerald shits on them both.
>>
Emerald>>>ORAS>>>RS
>>
ORAS = Emerald > RS

Only correct answer.
>>
>>32608607
>ORAS = Emerald

Kek
>>
>>32608607
it's honestly embarrassing to read replies saying rs are better than oras. as if nintendo would funnel millions into a remake of beloved games and end up with worse products. just a bunch of babbies whose autism leads them to believe their nostalgia is actually better than new AAA titles.
>>
>>32608614
It's true though.
>>
>>32608415
>RS is still better than fucking ORAS. Battle Frontier or GTFO
Should I tell him?
>>
>>32608415

How is RS better when it doesn't even have the BF you fucking retard?
>>
>>32608626
Exactly.
>>
>>32608626
>>32608627
>This is what shills believe.
>>
>>32608505
I literally just beat both Ruby and Sapphire this past month, and they are NOT difficult AT ALL. No, they don't hand you a free Legendary halfway through the game or have Mega Evolutions, but that's also about the only thing that makes ORAS easier than RS. RS were easy as fuck already.

Emerald upped the difficulty curve, so yeah, ORAS is WAY easier than Emerald. Just another point as to why they should have been Emerald remakes instead. Like how HGSS included Crystal stuff.
>>
>>32608552
>stating a fact is humblebragging

Sorry you had trouble with one of the easiest games in the series anon.
>>
>>32608653
my thoughts exactly! why do they remake the standard games and not the superior third versions?? hgss was basically crystal, but oras should've been delta emerald and the inevitable sinnoh remake better be based on platinum and not the miserable dp games. the third versions are always better. yellow is super gimmicky but it was a lot of fun if you were a kid at the time, my point stands
>>
>>32608505
>i beat the game easily, BUT SO COULD HAVE RETARDED PRESCHOOLERS LOL
rs fags are accidentally the funniest people on vp, i swear. y'all think you're so superior because of your highly acute gamer senses aka blinding nostalgia for a game aimed at 8 year olds
>>
>>32608415
>>32608505
These are the new genwunners everybody. Can't accept the franchise's growth because so much of their personal identity is invested in those old games. Truly sad. Everybody, look at them and feel shame.
>>
>>32608653
>>32608686
ORAS does have Emerald content. Just not all of it
HGSS does have Crystal content. But not all of it either.

HGSS does have more Crystal content than ORAS has Emerald content, but both have third version content.
>>
Triple Battles
Rotation Battles
Inverse battles
Battle institute
Pokemon Amie
Super Training sports games
DexNav and all its epicness
Soaring
vastly improved Super Secret bases
Delta Episode
Horde battles
Underwater battles

All content that ORAS has and Emerald doesn't.

That's why I say ORAS = Emerald, because both have cool exclusive content the other doesn't have.
>>
>>32608375
No one thinks this. Anyone with a modicum of sense realizes that Emerald > ORAS > RS
>>
>>32608375
They're both trash
>>
No matter how hard vp's edgelords try, ORAS will remain among the Top 4 Pokemon games.

BW2 > HGSS = ORAS = Emerald
>>
>>32609170
>Emerald or ORASS
>Better than Platinum
kys neo-genwunner
>>
Platinum is a bery good game as well, but being set in Sinnoh brings it down compared to the above games.
>>
>>32608727
>wahh stop liking the good games, you have to like this NEW GARBAGE, y-you g-genwunn baby
fuck off cunt
>>
File: descarga.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>32608607
>>
File: 1494557041079.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494557041079.gif
33KB, 598x450px
>>32608375
>There is literally no difficulty in ORAS
>EXP All makes the game a cake walk

what nonsense are you spouting
>>
ORAS is better overall but RS is definitely harder.
>>
>>32609474
>implying ORAS was comparable in difficulty to RSE
>>
>>32608686
>why do they remake the standard games and not the superior third versions??
Dude. Two games instead of one equals double the money.
>>
>>32608626
Have you ever played/seen a fucking remake before? In this case, they are about the same though (duh)- cut content isn't for me and I still play emerald on my phone sometimes
>>
File: 1492743323707.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1492743323707.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32608626
>as if nintendo would funnel millions into a remake of beloved games and end up with worse products
Lol. Game Freak and Nintendo are businesses first and foremost. They didn't remake RS to "make them better" or something, but only because they knew it would generate lots of money. I unironically believe ORAS is contextually vastly inferior to RS.
>>
>>32609595
There is no cut content in ORAS. Just changed content.
>>
>>32609572
Why would you prefer an RPG game where your decisions don't matter? Not to say RSE is hard, but complaining about "difficultyfags" on a forum dedicated to mostly non-children enjoying this children's game is ridiculous
>>
>>32608375
Some people prefer simple graphics.
>>
>>32609582
>implying RS is difficult to begin with
>>
>>32609582
Emerald has probably the hardest gym battle in the franchise in Tate&Liza, on the other hand you have access to a lvl 70 Rayquaza before the league. But RS really doesn't have many challenging fights, the only one I can remember at all is the battle against May/Brendan underneath Cycling Road and that's it the rest of the game is fairly gentle with you.
>>
>>32609939
>Tate&Liza
>hard
Not even harder than Norman in RS
>>
>>32608552
go back and replay an older pokemon game. they are objectively easier now.

Also the main audience of Pokemon is people in their 20s and has been for a number of years
>>
>>32610110
Citation needed
>>
>>32610007
Unless you're a literal retard that doesn't understand Truant then Norman is a joke. Never have your main attackers out when Slaking can move and you're set. No need for any further strategy or any special team composition.
The problem with Tate&Liza in Emerald is that if you don't have the dps to kill them fast they're going to set up and make your life hell. If you can't outspeed and OHKO then the battle is hard by pokémon standards.
>>
>>32609170
>gen 5 better than hgss
haha wait
>>
oras is a direct improvement of rs, but emerald is still better
>>
>>32608375
>making falacious statements
>assuming my gender
>inciting a genwar
MOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>32610187
>using meat shields
disgusting

>they'll set up on you
And unless you're absolutely garbage at a kid's game, there is no reason they should ever be able to
>>
>>32610120
For the difficulty point- just go look at the levels of gym leaders and NPCs from RS and ORAS. Everything from ORAS is lower leveled with the same or shittier movesets from RS. In SM and XY you'd be hard pressed to find a trainer with 6 Pokemon on their team besides the Champion. Hell, the E4 in XY only had 4 Pokemon each. The games are getting easier.

As for the point about main audience being in their 20's is definitely an asspull, I doubt there's any evidence to support that.
>>
>>32610491
>>32610120
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/01/pokemons-audience-growing-older/

literally google it
>>
>>32610477
It was just to illustrate how trivial you can make the fight with zero effort. Neither of the Slaking has any coverage beside the same Dark move and Yawn. Yawn on a pokémon that can't punish you from switching the next turn mind you. Then one of them has Focus Punch, which is literally giving you another free turn.

Tate&Liza will set up if you can't ohko. Claydol and Xatu almost always uses Light Screen and Sunny Day. As for coverage the four pokémon has Psychic, Rock, Ground, Grass and Fire options, with Hypnosis and Confuse Ray for status. Unless you have a solid Hyper Offense team then the battle should almost always be a bigger challange than Norman.
>>
>>32608375

Ruby leader > OR leader

On the other hand OR has courtney
>>
>>32608552
>y-you're just getting older so you're better at the game now!

haha no, fuck off. The games have OBJECTIVELY gotten easier. Even the devs have admitted this. So it's strange that you can't.
>>
I just hate how that faggot Wallace is the champion instead of Steven in emerald, but other then that emerald is way better then ORAS.
>>
>>32613121
Saying the experience share can't be a "difficulty switch" because it isn't literally called that is retarded. It's practical function is still the same.
>>
>>32608415
>RS is still better than fucking ORAS. Battle Frontier or GTFO.
What's it like to be 12 on 4chan ?
>>
>>32613175
>difficulty switch
Meh. Not that switching it off the game turns difficult. More like
>Switch off
Normal (like pre-gen 6)
>Switch on
Mentally challenged 4 years-old kid
>>
>>32613190
He's right tho
>>
>>32613209
It doesn't need to make the game difficult for it to be a difficulty switch, it only needs to change the difficulty, which it does. I agree that it goes from easy to normal. Though I like the difficulty with it off.
>>
>>32613212
But how can RS be better than ORAS if RS doesn't have Battle Frontier ?
>>
>>32613175
>It's practical function is still the same.

No it isn't.

This is about as retarded as calling Pokemon Centers a "difficulty switch" and if you want the game to be hard just don't use the Pokemon Centers.

It's not a difficulty switch unless they explicitly label it so. Otherwise it's just apologist fanboys like you making GF look smarter than they actually are.
>>
>>32613245
RS is actually still superior to ORAS even without the battle frontier.
>>
File: 1408110635049.png (19KB, 471x426px) Image search: [Google]
1408110635049.png
19KB, 471x426px
>>32613121

disgusting
>>
>>32613260
Not using a single item once =/= not using a single item that appears multiple times =/= not using multiple items once. This is literally a thing that you hit once to make the game more difficult, it's not changing your playthrough to avoid certain things consistently.

>It's not a difficulty switch unless they explicitly label it so.
I'd say the challenge mode isn't labelled as a difficulty switch either. It's more a difficult mode. Considerably different. You're own argument for what constitutes as a difficulty switch is retarded.
>>
>>32613261
Why though ? ORAS propose more gameplay mechanic, more Pokemon, and, in contrary to what people think, the game is harder than RS when you're not playing with exp share.
>>
>>32613121
Flawless
>>
>>32613260
>>It's practical function is still the same.
>
>No it isn't.
So it doesn't change the game's difficulty by pushing a single button?
>>
>>32613296
>So it doesn't change the game's difficulty by pushing a single button?

No because you have no way of knowing how the game is balanced without it explicitly saying so.

>>32613281
Not using a single item once =/= not using a single item that appears multiple times =/= not using multiple items once
= arbitrarily shooting yourself in the foot with a thing a player has no idea is a difficulty switch
>>
>>32613321
>No because you have no way of knowing how the game is balanced without it explicitly saying so.
That's irrelevant, and also wrong.
>>
>>32613327
>That's irrelevant, and also wrong.

Yes it is relevant. And also right.
>>
>>32613321
Why would they give you an object that you can turn off if the game was supposed to be balanced with it activated ? Don't you think that if it were the case they wouldn't make the object at all and made this "difficulty" the basic one ?
>>
>>32613374
How is it relevant? The only relevancy to it's practical function is it's practical function, not the description of what it should do. And no, you can know about it without reading it explicitly in the game, for example you read about it online.
>>
>>32613376
>Why would they give you an object that you can turn off

So you don't involuntary give EVs to things you don't want dumbass.
>>
I didn't realize a Pokemon board would have such strong opinions about Runescape.
>>
>>32613374
You had XY to know that the game wasn't balanced with Exp share
>>
>>32613376
I think its primary function isn't to change the difficulty, but the devs realize that it's a valid way to change the difficulty.
>>
>>32613385
No, I mean why make the item at all if you're going to balance the game around it ? Just don't make the object at all then, so you don't have to
>>
>>32610187
You can also cheese Norman by having Pelipper or Torkoal since they learn protect mid-20s.
>>
>>32613383
POKEMON CENTER IS A DIFFICULTY SWITCH GUYS

THE GAME IS BALANCED BECAUSE THE PLAYER HAS TO BALANCE IT INSTEAD OF THE DEVS

IT DOES THE SAME THING AND MAKES THE GAME HARDER SO THAT MEANS IT'S A DIFFICULTY SWITCH

>>32613396
You have no way of knowing this playing the game the first time you retard.

>>32613425
Gee I don't know, maybe so you can grind up weaker Pokemon without tediously switching them in and out? The problem is they went overboard with it and it ended up OVERLEVELING your already strong Pokemon.
>>
>>32613478
>POKEMON CENTER IS A DIFFICULTY SWITCH GUYS
>
>THE GAME IS BALANCED BECAUSE THE PLAYER HAS TO BALANCE IT INSTEAD OF THE DEVS
>
>IT DOES THE SAME THING AND MAKES THE GAME HARDER SO THAT MEANS IT'S A DIFFICULTY SWITCH
Already refuted you dipshit. Stop using the same countered arguments.

>You have no way of knowing this playing the game the first time you retard.
That's wrong. Just use a little brainpower and realize less experience means more difficulty.
>>
>>32613478
>You have no way of knowing this playing the game the first time you retard.
I'm pretty sure you played Xy so YOU have no excuse
If someone pickup ORAS without playing the previous games, it probably means that the guy didn't touched the franchise since a long time or that it's its first time with a Pokemon game. In both case, the guy wouldn't really care about it

>maybe so you can grind up weaker Pokemon without tediously switching them in and out?
Okay but why would you want to let it active when you're not doing that and obviously getting way too overleveled ?
>>
>>32610977
I never said Norman was hard, I just said he was harder than Liza&Tate because it's true. They're fucking piss easy. Beating a double battle is a simple matter of ganging up on one and then the other.
>>
>>32613498
>Already refuted you dipshit. Stop using the same countered arguments.

No it wasn't.

>That's wrong. Just use a little brainpower and realize less experience means more difficulty.
But what if I don't want more difficulty and I just want the fucking game to be balanced around the tools it's giving me? You know, like any other WELL DESIGNED game?

>>32613505
>I'm pretty sure you played Xy so YOU have no excuse
I'm not talking about replaying XY dumbass. Playing it for the first time you have no way of knowing how the game is balanced.

>Okay but why would you want to let it active when you're not doing that
Because anyone that has played good games before would assume the game is balanced around the tools it's giving you.
>>
>>32613585
>I'm not talking about replaying XY dumbass. Playing it for the first time you have no way of knowing how the game is balanced.
Why would they suddenly change this mechanic without any reasons ? Unless you're brain dead you would assume that the same object would have the same effect on both games

>Because anyone that has played good games before would assume the game is balanced around the tools it's giving you.
Even though you would assume that at the start of the game, you would quickly realize that it's not the case after like 1-2 hours of gameplay
>>
>>32613603
>Why would they suddenly change this mechanic without any reasons ?

So it's easier to grind up multiple weaker Pokemon. Nowhere does it say "overlevels all your pokemon and makes the game unbalanced"

>Even though you would assume that at the start of the game, you would quickly realize that it's not the case after like 1-2 hours of gameplay
There are things called "difficulty spikes," anon. Maybe you would know this if you actually played any good games instead of just pokemon.
>>
>>32613642
>So it's easier to grind up multiple weaker Pokemon
If it didn't do that in the previous game I don't see why the next game in the same generation would be different
And again, why don't you turn it off when your "weak" Pokemon is up to level with your team ?

>There are things called "difficulty spikes," anon. Maybe you would know this if you actually played any good games instead of just pokemon.
Precisely, it's Pokemon. There's no difficulty spike in Pokemon. And even though there would be, why won't you wait and see if you can get through the game with your vanilla team instead of overlevel it in advance for something that might not happen ?
>>
>>32613585
>No it wasn't.
Do you have no attention span or something? See >>32613281 for example.
>>32613585
>But what if I don't want more difficulty and I just want the fucking game to be balanced around the tools it's giving me? You know, like any other WELL DESIGNED game?
Why are you asking me? Then you should probably play another game if you think this one isn't.
>>
>>32609612
>That picture

uh motherfucker I saw it
>>
>>32613704
>Do you have no attention span or something?

Do you? See >>32613321 for example.

>Why are you asking me? Then you should probably play another game if you think this one isn't.
Thanks for admitting how shitty the EXP share is.

>>32613685
>If it didn't do that in the previous game I don't see why the next game in the same generation would be different
It was balanced in previous games so it's fair to assume it would be balanced in XY.

>And again, why don't you turn it off when your "weak" Pokemon is up to level with your team ?
Because there's no reason to not use a tool the game is giving me.
>durr why are you using that fire flower that block in mario gave you? you don't need it, you're just making the game easier
>>
>>32613781
>Do you? See >>32613321 for example.
I did. That's a non-argument though, and also it's irrelevant to the fact that the argument that I said was countered, was in fact countered. Also, that has been countered as well.
>>32613781
>Thanks for admitting how shitty the EXP share is.
That's a gross over generalization of what I said.
>>
>>32613781
>It was balanced in previous games so it's fair to assume it would be balanced in XY.
I was talking about XY, since you've played it, there's no reason that the Exp share would work the same in ORAS

>durr why are you using that fire flower that block in mario gave you? you don't need it, you're just making the game easier
The fire flower is not problem since it's the way the developper wants you to play the game.
But, for example in recent mario game, you can't just fall into pit until you got the "skip the level" item or block, and then whine about how the game was piss easy and that you thought the game was balanced around those "skip the level" items.
>>
>>32613287
I know RS dosen't have Battle Frontier but when you can't even carry a feature we really asked in ORAS, we have all the rights to be salty.
>>
>>32613853
I fully agree with you on this point. But even though the lack of BF is disappointing as fuck, Oras has still more content than RS.
Just because the game lack of one thing doesn't make the whole game automatically shit
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.