[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb shit you believed as a kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 16

File: 1478141351986.gif (85KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478141351986.gif
85KB, 480x270px
>Stat reductions were permanent

>A Pokemon was easier to catch if its stats were lowered

>If all four moves were the same type you'd get an attack bonus

>If you had a team of E, N, T, E and I Unowns, a Celebi will appear in the 6th slot
>>
>>32606235
Lowered stats do make it easier if they're defensive stats.
Though, i sympathize with the thought that it was permanent
>>
>>32606310
>lowered defensive stats make Pokemon easier to catch
You can literally view the source code of any mainline Pokemon game extremely easily. Post source.
>>
>>32606235
>pressing/holding/mashing A and/or B will increase the chance of catching pokemon
>>
>>32606523
I've found that it helps, even if it's just a placebo
>>
>>32606523
Definitely didn't help when I furiosly mashed all buttons and caught Rayquaza first try from full HP
>>
>>32606235
So kawaii~
>>
>>32606533
>computers are affected by placebo
>>
Female pokemon where easier to catch if your character was male.
>>
>>32606235
As a female trainer, you only got 77% of what the male trainer would get. That's why the games were so hard for me.
>>
>>32606314
Only from English Red/Blue, Yellow, and Crystal. Maybe Gold/Silver too.
>>
>>32606235
I swear to God I believed you could use the move Return to make an evolved Pokemon go back one stage
You couls imagine babby me using Return on a wild Marril I found and it doing absolutely nothing
>>
>>32606764
Well, we know male pokemon are easier to catch if you're the female MC. Especially in FRLG at the safari zone
>>
I thought faint attack was an ohko because anytime they used it specifically elite 4's umbreon my shit would faint.
>>
Status moves were useless because they didn't do damage
>>
I believed that Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola
>>
>>32606764
>>32606822
No.
>>
Hold items were either completely worthless or had such a negligible effect it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>32606844
It's Feint Attack. Faint Attack was a typo.
>>
>>32606876
I'm well aware of this now, anon.
>>
I thought Cloyster evolved into Gastly because they're next to each other in the dex and they're both black balls with angry eyes
>>
>>32606802
You should probably make an edit to the Bulba[edia page. They seem to be missing a HUGE part of the algorithm.
>>
>>32606235
None of the things you posted are too unreasonable, considering actual content of the games sound like the shit people used to make up online.

>Malamar evolves from Inkay starting at level 30 when leveled up while the Nintendo 3DS system is held upside-down.

And things like that.

As for dumb shit I believed, I always thought Alakazam had another evolution, because of the german name. "Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam" are named "Abra, Kadabra, Simsala" in german, however, the incantation these names are based on is "Abra, Kadabra, Simsala, Bim"
So, I actually went and levelled up my Alakazam to level 100, traded it while holding numerous items etc.
>>
>Diamond and Pearl were the first mainline games with online multiplayer
>>
>>32606876
A fifteen year typo apparently
>>
>>32606921
Was there a mainline Pokemon game with online multiplayer before DP?
>>
>>32606922
Yes, they only fixed it when they fixed other strings in X and Y. But it's always been Feint Attack in the TCG and the in-game info on the move refers to sneak-attacking.
>>
>>32606928
Pokémon Crystal but only in Japan.
>>
>>32606942
That wasn't the Internet, that was using the mobile phone network.
>>
>>32606958
Are you saying mobile phone networks don't connect to the Internet? The Mobile System GB used HTTP and emails for exchange of information, which are elements of the WWW, and thus the Internet.
>>
>>32606523
This. Definitely this.
>>32606699
Anon meant it has a therapeutic placebo effect on the person.
>>
I thought if my pokemon was holding quick claw for too long would lower its speed
>>
>>32606235
>Stats permanently reduced
>I am going to lower the pokemons stats because I believe that it will be easier to catch
>>
I swear i remember fake out being super effective on some pokemon. I've been mandela transported from a universe where fake out was a dark type move with 15 power
>>
>>32607052
Fake Out is also common in cat-like Pokémon because its Japanese name is a double entendre (refers to both cheating cats and a sumo technique), hence it being Normal instead of Dark.
>>
>>32607052
You confused it with Beat Up
>>
>>32606918
>Malamar evolves from Inkay starting at level 30 when leveled up while the Nintendo 3DS system is held upside-down.
Wait. This isn't true?
>>
I thought that the pokeballs in the overworld were decorative and you couldn't get them.
>>
>>32606822
This fucking guy, fucking kek
>>
>>32607081
It is true
>>
>Wild Yanma have a higher chance to give you Pokérus than everyone else
>In Olivine City, on certain Saturday nights, you can buy PokéRhum, which gives Pokérus istantly to any Pokémon
>There are three shades of shiny Golbat, but two of them are found only in Mount Silver
>Shinies are easier to find during night
>The chances to find Mirage Island are higher if you have a team made entirely of Pokémon that can be only male
>Catching all Unown in FRLG gives you Celebi
>Catcing all Unown in Crystal unlocks a secret room where the writing on the floor says that Suicune is the king of the Unown
>Psychic is super effective on Grass
>Electric is super effective on Psychic
>Celebi haves a 1/255 chance to come out from any headbutt tree in Ilex Forest
>In RSE you can find wild Celebi in any route, it's just very rare
>In Gen I if you name your Kangaskhan "Mew", it will evolve into a real Mew at level 100
>In Gen II if you name your Smoochum "Mew", it will evolve into a real Mew at level 100 after trying to change her name at the Name Rater (but only if you breeded Jynx with a male Alakazam)
>>
I used to think Psychic was super effective against grass.
Probably because of all the grass/poison in Kanto.
>>
>>32607759
Dragon has also always been super effective against itself. You just didn't see this in RGBY because the only Dragon-type move available is Dragon Rage.
>>
>>32606235
Marill's name was pikablu
Ho-oh was Hoho
Mew the truck driver
You could get venaustoise
>>
>>32607853
Venustoise was an anime-only thing.
>>
>>32606523
Anybody with a right mind knows that doesn't work
you need to press R and L when the ball opens
>>
>>32606523

>Implying you still don't do that now out of habit
>>
>>32607872
Tell that to 6 year old me
>>
>>32606846
haha this one's cute .
>>
I wasn't a kid, but it's something dumb that kid me would have believed-- I thought you could find N somewhere in B/W after you found the Seven Sages.
>>
When I played Ruby I was very young and couldn't understand english very well (english isn't my native language), so I thought Route 113 is actually full of Ash Ketchum references and he's supposed to be a hidden NPC in the game. I thought so because I saw the word "Ash" appear in multiple NPC dialogue lines
>>
I believed Apricorn balls were good :^)
>>
>>32609124
That's not your fault though, there was a glitch that made them useless.
>>
I thought Wobbuffet was part of the Sinnoh dex and spent a couple of weeks hunting it until Lumineon filled out my last slot
>>
>>32606235
I thought Sceptile was called Treck
>>
>>32609160
Similar happened to me but the missing Pokemon was Unown and I forget what I was looking for
>>
I believed Flareon was the best Eeveelution
>>
>Pokemon continue to animate in-battle but only when you're not looking
>>
>>32606523
classic

>>32606846
THIS
I would had 3 attacks of the same type rather a status move because
>muh only damaging moves
>>
>>32606846
>>32609476
Honestly in game it's kinda true. It's better to have stuff like Ember and Flamethrower than Flamethrower and Growl because you're one-shotting everything anyway and having two moves means it's less likely you'll run out of PP in the middle of a cave or something.
>>
My first shiny was a Krabby, I was afraid to evolve it because I thought evolving Pokemon would get rid of it's shiny status.

Also, everyone at my school called them "shinny" Pokemon because some dumb kid said that "shinny" meant "rare" in "Chinese".
>>
I used to think Psychic was supereffective against Ghost...
>>
>>32611872
to be fair, the only ghosts in gen 1 were weak to it, and gen 2 only added misdreavus, which was a shitmon ghost no one would remember
>>
I used to believe both Carnivine and Wailord were part flying. Probably because of Carnivine's levitate ability and Wailord's ability to float like a blimp. Even to this day I sometimes use Rock moves expecting super effective hits out of pure natural instinct
>>
In Emerald if you completed your National Dex and beat the Elite 4 100 times you could go to the Mosdeep Space Center and get sent into space to catch Deoxys

I really enjoyed ORAS's Delta Episode 8 years later
>>
How about things I still do believe?
>every electric type has static
>every poison type has poison point
>every grass type has effect spore
>>
>pidgeotto was the name of the fully evolved pidgey line
Little me couldn't comprehend the name with less letters not being the final stage.
>>
>>32612043
meant to say "with less letters being the final stage"
>>
>4 attack moves or 3 attack moves + relevant buff is the only good moveset

>Statuses are only good for catching Pokemon

>Starters are worth keeping on your team

>Charmander has a good design
>>
>>32612061
>losing your good taste as you grow up
>>
>>32612031
>see nidoran or some shit in gen 1 or 2 game
>avoid making contact with it out of habit
>>
File: 1376276985338.png (23KB, 455x360px) Image search: [Google]
1376276985338.png
23KB, 455x360px
>>32607681
>>
>>32611518
Ah, how incredibly simple yet elusive the art of "saving before doing something you're unsure of, then if the outcome is bad simply turn off the game" was to kids.
>>
>>32612924
I did this all the time as a kid, I don't get why it seems so rare
>>
File: 1495235156311.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495235156311.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
*closes DS lite while catching a pokemon to increase the chance of successfully catching it*
>>
Am I the only one that reduced the volume during the pokeball shakes?
I still do it
>>
>>32606918
I also thought that there are two Pokémon called Hocus and Pocus.
>>
>>32607681
>>Wild Yanma have a higher chance to give you Pokérus than everyone else
>>Psychic is super effective on Grass
>>Celebi haves a 1/255 chance to come out from any headbutt tree in Ilex Forest

Are you me?
>>
>>32609160
Yes I also looked for this Pokémon over two weeks ...
>>
>>32606310
>lying on the internet
>>
>>32606958
same thing for all intents and purposes (or intensive purposes if you're an idiot)
>>
>>32606235
I only have two.

>pressing A+B will increase the chances of catching a Pokemon
I think 99% of kids had some voodoo trick to increase catch rate though

>Boosting moves only raise stats by a small amount
I thought swords dance was like 10% or something, not double.
>>
>>32613419
>I thought swords dance was like 10% or something, not double.
in gen 1 swords dance was only +50 %
>>
Some other ones I just remembered.

>Every Sunday at 10:35 AM, the first wild Pokémon you find in Route 38 is always a shiny Raticate
>Ice moves used by Articuno, instead of freezing the opponent, give a secret status known as "superfreezing", which increases further the catchrate of opponent Pokémon, and can be stacked with sleeping to increase it even more. It's the only way to catch Mewtwo without using the Master Ball
>Mew is under the truck, but you need a level 100 Onix to actually move the truck using Strength, otherwise it will not work. Another way is to talk with the Rocket Grunt in Celadon to get the truck's keys in exchange for a Level 100 Nidoking
>Saving the game and turning it off between each Elite Four fight gives 500 experience points to each of your Pokémon for free when you turn it on again
>The woman selling slot machine coins at the Celadon Game Corner is Jessie from the anime in disguise (the other guy behind the same counter is James of course)
>>
>>32606235
>tfw people are using the gif i made for the drawthread
Cheers OP
Also back with Emerald i rad that holding down when throwing the ball then hitting a+b as the ball opened would successfully catch any Pokemon depending on what ball you used and what level the Pokemon was. Utt generally seemed to work except on legendaries and i still do it too this day out of habit
>>
>>32607081
It is true, anon simply meant that it sounded like an old school yard rumor
>>
>>32606523
I found the opposite to be true in my case
>>
>>32607681
>Wild Yanma have a higher chance to give you Pokérus than everyone else

I thought this too, but I have no idea why. Does anyone know where this came from?
>>
>>32606235

Not gonna lie when I was young I thought stat reductions were permanent.
>>
>>32609160
Did literally everyone miss that swimmer with the Lumineon. I bumped into her while trying to evolve my Finneon.
>>
I used to think that string shot could paralyze the opposing Pokemon
>>
>Ice resists water
>Rock is immune to electric
>Boosting/Status is too weak to be useful
Thank god for Serebii.
>>
>>32612758
>implying Charmander is decent
>>
>>32614253
You're right, it's not merely "decent"; it's an excellent design
>>
>>32606523
I still, and firmly believe that changing up the pattern (spamming a, back and forth ab, holding them one or both down, not doing anything, etc) for each ball thrown has helped me catch pokemon before. It would not have taken much to implement that kind of aspect into the catching program in the early and current games.
>>
>>32614264
I honestly don't get why people like Charmander past nostalgia.
>>
>>32613232
never did this but this is genius
>>
>pokemon get stronger the more you delay evolution

for some reason I remember NPC saying they learn more moves and I guess I took that as thinking they would also be stronger. Also ash's pikachu kicked surge's raichu's ass in the anime

queue me pressing bee everytime my squirtle tried to evolve
>>
>>32614611
They gain experience faster unevolved.
>>
File: ..png (39KB, 353x365px) Image search: [Google]
..png
39KB, 353x365px
>>32613514
??

How do you come up with stupid specific shit like this as a kid?
>>
>>32606235
That rival May wanted to do kissy kissy with me
>>
>>32606523
This m8.
>>
>Ctrl F
>Pokegods
>No hits
This needs fixing
>>
>>32606235
I never believed it, but someone once tried to tell me that if you sold a Big Sofa underground, you'd get an "Amber Sphere" in DP.
>>
>>32617077
>used to use a gameshark and pokegod cheats to find jumbled pixel missingno-type shit and draw whatever I saw in the pixels
>>
>>32606235

Ultra Beast wasn't Pokémon from another Universe.
>>
File: IMG_3369.gif (97KB, 398x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.gif
97KB, 398x303px
>>32606235
I searched EVERYWHERE for Entei anywhere that had Unknowns

Only years later did I realize that the movies and the games had 0 correlation lorewise
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (25KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
25KB, 480x309px
>>32614622
I don't think there are any species with a different growth rate than their evolution.
>>
>>32611872
playing oras right now and I still make this mistake in my head, always thinking about to 1 shot that ghostie
>>
>>32611887
misdreavus was top tier in gen 2 you scrub
>>
>>32613419
Almost everybody completely ignored boosting moves until they got into competitive. Even if you tell a ten-year-old, "If you use swords dance first, you'll knock out EVERYTHING in one hit instead of taking twice as long!" they'll still just choose attacking moves.
>>
>>32611872
In Gen 1, psychic was immune to ghost, so it would make sense.
>>
>>32618957
G6 onwards does have the 'is pokemon past the level it could evolve' flag, though, that gives 1.2x multiplier
>>
Playing D/P I would yell "gotcha" in to the mic whenever I would try to catch a pokemon, because I thought it increased the catch rate.
>>
I believed that I would have friends and social life... Oh wait are we only supposed to be talking about pokemon?
>>
>>32619104
Reddit please go.
>>
>>32619104
Fuck off, autistic negro
>>
>>32614253
t. my favorite starter is Primarina>>32614264
>>
>>32614622
You're right except you're wrong.
>>
File: supercheats.png (48KB, 546x536px) Image search: [Google]
supercheats.png
48KB, 546x536px
>>32607681
>>32613322
>>32614010
>>
Status moves only increased/decreased stats by 1
>>
>>32619380
but most of them do
>>
>>32606235
>>If you had a team of E, N, T, E and I Unowns, a Celebi will appear in the 6th slot
For me it was D E O X Y S and go to the altering cave in FRLG. In hindsight I'm pretty sure I was just desperate for Unown to not be a total waste of space after being such a disappointment in gen 2.
>>
>>32616661
Well now that's all but canon in OR/AS
>>
File: 6t5ZX4w.jpg (46KB, 531x470px) Image search: [Google]
6t5ZX4w.jpg
46KB, 531x470px
In RBY I believed that certain moves had "secondary effectiveness" based on what they did. For example, Cut was super effective on Grass types because it was "cutting the grass".

I thought Dig was especially good at killing Psychic types.

A Body Slam from a Snorlax did more damage than a Body Slam from a lighter Pokemon.

The guy blocking Unknown Dungeon was wearing a British Royal Guardsman's hat (pic related).

I thought the "Bait" used in the Safari Zone was Whelk, a sea snail used as bait. I thought this because I spent most of my childhood summers playing Pokemon in the British seaside where I would fish for crabs using them.
>>
>>32609193
???
>>
I shit you not, during my Saphire days, I used to believe in a lot of shit

>Jirachi can be found on the moon.

>There's a secret village on the moon, pokemarts and all.

>Mosdeep had a secret way to launch the rocket with you in it.

>Deoxys could be found in mirage island.

>You could get the red/blue orb and get groudon if you had saphire.

>You could find lugia by diving and exploring and crossing over every seaweed, making the ground shake and Lugia coming in, saying you "disturbed the ocean"

>I believed in REGIGOD after catching all 3 regis and having a certain format, level, moveset, and item list.

>You could get the missing starter that was never picked by breaking into Birch's lab with a mew

>You could catch gen 2 and 1 pokemon after fulfilling a certain method.

>Male pokemon are stronger than female pokemon.

>You could re-enter team magma/aqua's base after it was destroyed in case you missed the masterball

The list goes on. I was not a smart kid
>>
>>32619006
No one would know because of Johto's shitty distribution.
>>
>>32619454
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the cave entrance was his hat
>>
I thought your rival was called ??? in Gold/Silver
>>
>>32619082
Eat your burgers, Apollo.
>>
>>32619813
He is. When he tells you his name after battle, the “???” is a hardcoded string and not the output from the name stored in a given variable.

His default name (only seen if you give him a blank one) is “GOLD” in Silver Version, “SILVER” in Gold Version (and Crystal Version because Game Freak developed Crystal from Gold's source code and not Silver's), “Soul” in HeartGold Version, and “Heart” in SoulSilver Version.
>>
>>32607052
Holy Shit...

Yeah me too anon. I swear I could remember using Fake Out and it being super effective on Shuppet. I leveled up a Lombre.
>>
File: O880ZTl3RneMM.gif (303KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
O880ZTl3RneMM.gif
303KB, 500x333px
>gen 1 didn't have dual typing.
>Eevee is a legendary
>Suicune is ice type
>Water se on Ice
>Evolved my pikachu at 100 because of the anime
>ghost is strong against psychic cause anime
>electric is weak to fire Anime
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>32606235
Gardevoir line was part Grass. So I spammed Blaze Kick.

Also I never saw Gardevoir as a feminine design until I saw some official artwork.
>>
>>32619893
In RGBY and GSC (dunno about later games), Pokémon with one type are actually of that type but twice; e.g., Pikachu is Electric/Electric but we only see it as Electric.
>>
>>32607052
>>32619883

You two are getting mixed up with Astonish.
>>
>>32619893
>Ghost is stron against Psychic
This is true though
>>
>>32606235
that GSC were good games
>>
>>32619921
Oh shit you're right.
>>
I used to believe that evolution reset vitamin stat boosts
>>
>>32619953
But Crystal literally is the ultimate classic Pokémon game. Everything since then, including the GTS, Battle Tower against other players, etc., is recycled from Crystal.
>>
>>32619913
so ground is 4× effective?
>>
>>32620254
I don't think it means that, no.
>>
File: 147245934972.jpg (29KB, 351x319px) Image search: [Google]
147245934972.jpg
29KB, 351x319px
>>32619893
>>Suicune is ice type
n-nani
>>
>>32606235
I thought status moves only raised/lowered BST's by like, one stat point each, because a one-line blurb in Nintendo Power about how pokemon stats work didn't distiguish between "units of stat reduction" and "base stats." I thought stat moves were supposed to be helpful for early-game content, where you have to wade through legions of Ratata armed with only scratch/tackle, then get replaced as soon as you had reliable attack moves.

I thought this for four generations.

(I used to love Nintendo Power, but fuck those editors were dumb as shit sometimes.)
>>
>>32620471
Also, I thought that stats climbed faster for fully evolved pokemon, in such a way that they could only reach their maximum cap if you evolved it as soon as possible (i.e., Charizard raised from level 50 would have higher stats at level 100 than Charmeleon raised to level 99 and then evolved at the next level).
BUT, I knew that unevolved pokemon learned several moves at lower levels, and that evolved pokemon were able to learn some moves that their unevolved forms can't.

So basically I thought it boiled down to whether you wanted to raise a strong pokemon, or one with good moves.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (26KB, 509x289px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
26KB, 509x289px
I thought Metagross had Levitate as its ability when Ruby came out
>>
Thought charizard evolved into charmeleon and so I regarded charmeleon the same way other kids regarded charizard.
I have no understanding of how or why.
>>
>>32606235
>>If all four moves were the same type you'd get an attack bonus
There's nothing in the game that even hinted this or could have induced you to think this, but I guess this is the classical magical thinking in children.
>>
>>32616637
It's an explained version, the original was more like: "To catch Mewtwo you freeze it with Articuno and make him sleep, then throw an Ultra Ball"
>>
>>32612061
>Starters are worth keeping on your team
Strange thing speedrunners use mostly only starters, mh?
But yeah an above average overlevelled pokemon you can obtain as you soon as you start the game isn't alright. Some random route 1 shitmon that only learns some vaguely usefull move only starting from lv 20 is much more worth.
>>
I thought Scizor had a higher BST than Scyther
>>
I finally thought of one! I don't know if I ever actually believed it was programmed into the game, it was just something I did for good luck.

If I was looking for a Pokémon I already had seen, I would go to the Pokédex and play its cry while I was standing in the grass so it would draw others of the same species to me.
Dexnav made me pretty happy.
>>
holy shit i just remembered a school yard rumor i heard when i was like 10, i was discussing pokemon emerald with some classmates and he told me he went to space and fought deoxys in a meteor, i was blown the fuck away by it, he told me you had to bring the three regis to the white stone and then you would have access to the space ship in the space center.
And the more obvious stuff like
>a+b+down
>mew on truck
>pikablu
>>
>>32621920
well i mean there's some pretty strong starters like Swampert. plus there's a few excepions such as using Nidoking in Red and Tentacruel in one of the Sinnoh games, I think it was Platnium.
>>
File: 1487553679976.jpg (218KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1487553679976.jpg
218KB, 1200x675px
>>32606235
I always thought Golduck was Water/Psychic. It took me until DPPt to realise it wasn't
>>
>>32606876
>ELIXER
>>
>>32623592
I always think that about Staryu.
>>
>>32619911
>diantha fight in xy
>garde comes out
>use scald
>follow up with cutting attack of your choice
>enjoy your onion
>>
>>32623592
Well, I always thought that Slowbro evolved into Slowking. Two years ago I learned it doesn't.
>>
>>32606798
literally for fucking is all ur for. stop working, thats for men. just spread ur legs when ur man needs it and stup ur fuckin mouth jesus christ u have it so easy and yet u still complain
>>
>>32614100
God, I found her after going through the process of leveling up Finneon. Lumineon is literally my least favorite Pokemon because of that, all these years later.
>>
File: gimme some.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gimme some.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>32619368
cant believe nobody gave u (you)s have one and a nifty pic
>>
>>32607853
>seen alot of youtubes. vomiting the info here

thanks anon...
>>
>>32607889
true tho...da pussy doe
>>
>i thought that fire was super effective against electric types
I blame magnetite for this since almost every electric type user had one and i thought it couldn't be steel because steel type wasn't around during gen 1. but speaking of steel
>i though steel and dark were released in gen 3
I didn't play the games until gen three, but there's no excuse for this. I watched the anime and i still somehow forgot they existed until i went into grannet cave.
>I thought evolving your pokemon was a cosmetic choice
again i watched the anime so i figured you didn't actually need to evolve your pokemon for them to be good. I never evolved warturtle as a kid becuase i loved it's fluffy ears and tail.
>>
>>32606523
But it did help
I caught Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan with it and it worked like a charm
>>
>>32606523
>Not knowing hot to manipulate rng in rby
Casual.
>>
>>32606928
Lan adaptors on Firered/Leafgreen used to be a thing. But they weren't that popular outside Japan
>>
File: Trololol.png (27KB, 500x126px) Image search: [Google]
Trololol.png
27KB, 500x126px
>>32606235
I believed a lot of the Unown shit because my 10-11 year old brain just KNEW there was some deeper part to their role in the game.

Like, I thought there was a deep hidden temple room that you could unlock and fight Celebi or some undiscovered Pokemon if you did all the puzzles, caught all the unown, and did weird specific stuff... like listen to the bugged out radio station with certain Pokemon in your party and shit.

I'm still disappointed.
>>
>>32624789
They fixed that long ago.
>>
>>32625399
What LAN adapter are you talking about? And the first game to have it was Japanese Crystal.
>>
File: Zygarde_Cell.png (437KB, 1300x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde_Cell.png
437KB, 1300x1200px
>>32625566
Yeah, the Unown have so much more story potential. I really hope they expand more on them in future games. Unfortunately, GF seems to be more concerned with having us clean up Zygarde's cum-stains.
>>
>>32625017
Also
>Farfetch'd evolves into Doduo
>>
>>32625948
>Unfortunately, GF seems to be more concerned with having us clean up Zygarde's cum-stains.
Wew>>32625987
>>
>>32623153
I used to go into the pokedex and look at the pokemon's area page every few minutes to let the game know I was looking for that pokemon
>>
>Holding down as many buttons as possible after throwing a ball increases the catch rate

I've accidentally SR'd doing this when i was 10
>>
>>32619893
>gen 1 didn't have dual typing.
This, except I was under the impression that neither Gen 1 nor Gen 2 had dual typing, and it was introduced in Gen 3.
>>
>>32619660
>Male pokemon are stronger than female pokemon.
In gen 2 male starter pokemon had higher Attack DVs than female starters, who had a 0 or 1 in Attack.

>You could re-enter team magma/aqua's base after it was destroyed in case you missed the masterball
In emerald it was possible
>>
>>32629565
>In gen 2 male starter pokemon had higher Attack DVs than female starters, who had a 0 or 1 in Attack.
That only applies to certain Pokémon.
>>
>>32629608
Pokemon with an 87.5% male/female ratio, of which the starters and Eeveeloutions are.
>>
>>32619893
pic related reminded me that I thought the Voltorb line became part steel in gen 2
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.