[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix the gentle giant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

How do we fix the gentle giant?
>>
>>32604126
a cast
>>
>>32604126
mummy
>>
Hopefully it receives a forme change or mega to make it good.
>>
>slow start lasts for 3 turns instead of 5

how's that?
>>
>>32604126
By making him actually feel like a Legendary Pokemon.
The closest thing to him in terms of playstyle (strong Pokemon who's hampered by an ability) is Slaking, and he's a non-legendary who has the same BST.
Now, if Slaking can have a BST up there with Legendary Pokemon because he has a detrimental ability, it's only fair that Regigigas has a BST on par with Mega Legendaries.

So, let's give him a BST of 700, which is low end for a Mega Legendary, and even lower than Arceus's BST so he can maintain his title.

>HP: 130 +20
>ATK: 200 +40
>DEF: 110
>S.ATK: 30 -50
>S.DEF: 110
>SPD: 120 +20

Next, we need to address the real issue. Slow Start takes 5 turns to finish, which is an absurd amount of time for a competitive Pokemon. The easiest solution I can see here (keeping in mind that we're trying to make this guy Uber material) is to bump the number of turns down to 3. With an effective 100 base Attack, he'll still be hitting for decent damage before he gets rolling.

The last thing he needs is some form of sustain, so he can actually make it to that point. Slapping recover on him would help with that, if you don't want to simply give him access to Protect, which he can't use because Gamefreak is afraid of making a Legendary Pokemon too strong I guess (?)

That might not even be enough to push him into Ubers, but it's a start. He's now a scary as hell physical threat that, while a potent sweeper when he gets going, is vulnerable when he's getting set up.
>>
Make him not gentle any more
>>
>>32604126
Protect OR Rest.
>>
>>32604235
>With an effective 100 base Attack, he'll still be hitting for decent damage before he gets rolling
actually with the way abilities like that work, it's applied to the stat numbers as opposed to the Base, aka it's an even greater difference than expected.
>>
>>32604126
With the power creep of today's meta, would it even be broken if its ability was pressure?
>>
>>32604251
So around a 75 base Attack, from what I can tell.
Yeah, that's still not great. Maybe make it so Slow Start only reduces attack by 1/4 instead of 1/2?

>>32604301
Honestly? Probably not. There are better Legendaries that are stuck in OU.
Competitive Pokemon was a mistake.
>>
>>32604235
>give him access to Protect, which he can't use because Gamefreak is afraid of making a Legendary Pokemon too strong I guess (?)
I thought anything that learns tms gets protect. Like Rest.
>>
>>32604126
Go full meme.

Ability : Ready Body
Normal type moves get 33% boost,cannot be resisted and hit ghosts.

And give it Bulk Up,SR,Taunt and SD.
>>
>>32604126
Let it learn Skill Swap.
>>
>>32604344
Tapus and Magearna don't have Rest.
>>
>>32604344
He is actually the only exception to the protect rule.
>>
Make it so that the Slow Start counter doesn't reset every freaking time he switches out. Also, cut it down to three turns.

>>32604365
You. I like you.
>>
File: IMG_0260.jpg (8KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0260.jpg
8KB, 290x174px
>>32604126
Def/SpD of 150
Change nothing else
>>
Remove Slow Start and give it a good ability. It's already worse than every 680BST box legendary without Slow Start so it may as well have a good ability to counteract it's awful BST
>>
>>32604235
Megas don't increase HP you dumbfuck
>>
>>32604126
no slow start and some ability that doesn't make it completely useless
>>
>>32604536
He didn't want to give him a Mega, he said he's making Regigigas' stats on-par with other legendary Megas.

Jesus christ, literal children.
>>
File: C9S9T6zVYAAUeM9.jpg (162KB, 947x1123px) Image search: [Google]
C9S9T6zVYAAUeM9.jpg
162KB, 947x1123px
>>32604126
Give him a ____wife that can ride on the bushes on top of his head n' feet________________.
>pic related
>>
File: mega_rayquaza.png (180KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega_rayquaza.png
180KB, 400x480px
>>32604235
>Gamefreak is afraid of making a Legendary Pokemon too strong

I beg to differ.
>>
Give him a gun
>>
>>32604536
Autism
>>
>>32604126
no ability
>>
Skill swap
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.