[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buffing unpopular moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x800px
HMs, out-of-battle moves, and moves that come up a lot but just aren't that useful. How would you improve them?
>Curse: If used by a Ghost type, also includes the effects of Mean Look.
>Cut: Steel type, gains +1 priority if the opponent is readying an attack. Basically a weaker Sucker Punch that never fails, and provides a rare damage type in early game.
>Dive: Heals status conditions on the first turn, as Refresh.
>Hyper Beam: Destroys Reflect and Light Screen.
>Rock Smash: Lowers target's Def and SpDef by 1 stage every time.
>Steamroller: Also clears terrain
>Strength: Inflicts neutral damage to Rock and Steel. I.e. grants perfect neutral coverage against everything but Ghost.
>Twister: Also clears entry hazards.
>Withdraw: Also resets lowered stats
>>
>>32604018
>>Curse: If used by a Ghost type, also includes the effects of Mean Look.

>Curse: If used by a Ghost type, also includes the effects of Mean Look.

How about no.

The rest of these are fine tho, nice job.
>>
test
>>
>>32604018
>Rock Climb
Now a 90% accuracy Fighting move
>Submission
120 BP with 100% accuracy
>Dragon Breath
90 BP
>Fly
Acts like Pursuit on the second turn.
>>
Cut does 50% more damage when used against Grass-type Pokémon.
>>
>>32604018
>Rock Climb
90% accuracy Rock move
>Cut
Steel type, deals SE damage on Grass types
>Egg Bomb
100% accuracy
>Kinesis
gains priority
>Psywave
1x to 2x your level in damage
>Smellingsalt
no longer cures paralysis
>>
>>32604018
>Curse
>Unpopular
Also that effect is pure cancer
>>
>>32604018
>Egg Bomb
Just for shits and giggles, I'm gonna say:
>slim (say, 10%) chance of turning battle into a Totem Battle, where other Pokemon is a low-level Exeggcute that knows Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Poison Powder
>happens after everyone else attacks
>"One of <Pokemon name>'s eggs hatched!
>"Exeggcute used Sleep Powder!"
Completely pointless and gimmicky, but if the other player isn't prepared, could throw a spanner in the works.
>>
>Razor Wind
Charge Time removed, deals 1.5x damage in Tailwind. Changed to Flying type because why the fuck isn't it Flying type?
>>
>>32604018
>that Curse
>wanting to break Mimikyu
>>
>>32605615
I love it anon.

>Conversion 2
Instead of changing type to resist your opponent's last move, changes typing to the same as your first two moves. Did I make Porygon-Z OU again?
>>
>>32605102
>>32605543
I feel like Rock Climb should grant some kind of advantage for having the high ground, or increase your Speed, or let you hit enemies using Fly/Sky Drop.
>>
>>32606240

Maybe it does more damage depending on the height/size of the target?
>>
>>32605102
Dragon Breath shouldn't be buffed, it's the early level move for Dragon, similar to Aurora Beam and Bubble Beam.
>>
>>32604018
>ghost type curse: now inflicts a status like poison or paralysis cannot be removed by switching
>>
While I agree Cut should become a steel type, it should act as a physical freeze dry on grass types.
>>
>Rock Smash
>75 Power
>50% Chance to lower defense
>Triple damage on rock types
>>
>>32606448
>>32605136
>making grass worse
Wherefore
>>
>>32606448
>>32605136
>>32605543
>Cut super-effective on Grass types
You get Cut early in the game, so that would make it disproportionately useful for players who chose the Water starter.

Its Japanese name is "Quick-Draw Cut" (Iai Giri), so make it fast.
>>
>>32606512
Everything learns it and Rock is a ready shit, kill yourself with your retarded ideas.
>>
>>32606271
>After use, boosts power of Body Slam.
>>
>>32605616
>tfw came to post this but anon already covered it
neat
that move is unironically forgotten by gamefreak
it has no purpose and never had one

normal or flying should at least have 70BP and do more under tail wind

else be some kind of weather ball counterpart changing type in weather

>>32605102
I feel like Dragon Breath should have been the Dragon type version of Discharge / Lava Plume / Scald, 80BP and 30% side effect.

Gen 6 and Gen 7 shat on Dragon types more than they should have, Dragon Pulse was already quiet mediocre once Fairy type happened. Then came the Draco Meteor and the elemental beam nerfs, but why the fuck did they make Dragon Pulse 85BP when it has no added effects and is only good as STAB.

85BP is absolutely retarded as much as those random 14BP multi hit attacks.
>>
>>32607971
Eh, dragon wasn't really made that much worse. It was already a pretty lousy type. The power creep is what really took the dragons out of OU.
>>
>>32604018
FUCK YOU I'M GONNA FIX AN ABILITY
Illuminate
>Out of Battle
Same old shit
>In battle
All moves used by your opponents pokemon have 5 less Accuracy.
>>
>>32606600
>Its Japanese name is "Quick-Draw Cut" (Iai Giri), so make it fast
That could work. Reliable priority on a wide range of mons would help a lot.

And it's got a reliable counter, since Tapu Lele is so widespread, so it's not gonna be particularly overpowered.
>>
>>32609659
>Damp: User is also immune to burns
>Heavy Metal: Also prevents user from being forcibly switched out
>Light Metal: Also halves damage from Ground moves
>Run Away: Also prevents user from being trapped (in trainer battles, not just wild battles)
>Steadfast: Boosts Speed whenever the user's action fails for any reason (e.g. flinching, spending a turn to charge, or attacking a target that just used Detect or Fly)
>Unnerve: In addition to berries, also suppresses Z-Crystals
>>
>>32610006
>>Unnerve: In addition to berries, also suppresses Z-Crystals
>not leftovers
>>
>Acid: BP buffed from 40 to 70, super effective against Steel types, no longer has the 10% chance to drop SpD
>Acid Spray: same effect and damage (100% chance to sharply decrease SpD and 40 BP), super effective against Steel types

Acid and Acid Spray do a great job of showing off the power creep as AS is superior to Acid in every way. Making Acid stronger and removing the debuff chance solidifies a more distinct role from AS. As acids tend to react violently with metals in reality, it would make sense for these moves to deal damage to Steel types.
>>
>>32610006
>Pickup: Recycles user's held item on each turn, allowing it to be used again
Powerful, yes, but most of its users suck.

You can combine it with a type Gem to get a Life Orb with no recoil that doesn't weaken Acrobatics. Or with a Mental Herb to give the user Oblivious, a White Herb to give them Clear Body, or an Air Balloon to give them Levitate.

Using it with an Eject Button or Red Card might be annoying though.
>>
>>32610143
acid is also an early game move
>>
Feint should get some sort of power buff. Breaking through Protect and Detect is neat, but 30 base power is just pitiful. I'm thinking a buff to 50 would be good as a lot of Technician users learn Feint and it shouldn't be too strong.
>>
>>32610370
what if it was 40 and doubled when the opponent protected
>>
>>32604018
>Submission
Currently:
Power: 80
Acc: 80
Type: Fighting
Effect: 25% recoil
PP: 20

Changed to:
Power: 80
Acc: 80
Type: Fighting
Effect: Paralyzes foe. 25% chance to cause flinch.
PP: 20
>>
Powder is now an entry hazard.
When powder is placed on a side of the field, if a Fire move is used, the powder will explode and damage that side, dealing 12.5% max HP, plus the amount of damage that the attack would've dealt to the opponent.
>>
>>32604018
I always felt that cut should be flying type, so it could be super effective against grass
>>
>>32604018
curse would be terrifying in the main story...
>>
>>32604018
Water and Mud Sport now have their own activator abilities
>>
>>32604018
Egg Bomb: Does damage equal to 25 % of the opponent's max HP (rounded down)

Barrage: Power -> 25; Type -> Dragon

Constrict: Power -> 30; gives Anchor Shot status
>>
>>32610006
>Run Away
it would have to be generic trainers who spot you rather than gym leaders, elite 4 etc
>>
>>32613394
trapped means trapped by moves like Mean Look or Block.
>>
>Strength
Changed from Normal to Rock type. Description is changed to "rolls a boulder into the foe". No other changes are needed to balance it with Rock Slide (Doubles), Stone Edge (Pwr vs Acc trade-off), etc.

>Howl
Now raises attack by one additional stage if used in succession (e.g. Turn 1: +1 Atk, Turn 2: +2 Atk, Turn 3: +3 attack)

>Powder
Now works as a sort of field effect instead of whatever it is now. First Pokemon to use a Fire-type attack (Status moves don't trigger it) now triggers the explosion. Washed away by Water moves, Defog and Rapid Spin

>Room Effects
Moves that target the room like Gravity, Trick Room, Tailwind, etc, but aren't Terrains or Weathers will now share one item that extends their durations by two turns each. In addition, a new ability called "Persistent" (or something to that effect) will be created and distributed to shitmons and such. Persistent will also affect Weathers and Terrains, but its effects will not stack with respective items.

>Cut
Now damage nerfed to 40 or buffed to 60 for technician fags I guess, but will now instantly destroy reflect, light screen, substitutes, etc when it hits. None of these moves show up early in the game and now Cut can have a modicum of use late game
>>
>>32613337
Water Sport already has that, it's called Drizzle
>>
>>32604018
>Rage: Inflicts untyped damage. Getting hit boosts both Attack and accuracy by one step
>Skull Bash (Rocket Headbutt): Increased priority on both turns
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.